Saving up for a new gaming system.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
I am saving up for either an XBOX 360 or a PS3. I have weighed the pros and cons of each and I am torn between the two. Help me decide!!!

Scythe
We shouldn't have to decide for ya.

Melcórë
XBOX 360. 'Cause it hasn't been a letdown with every single game released for the console....

Reverend Axel
360 ftw

Wild-Cherry
Originally posted by Scythe
We shouldn't have to decide for ya. I have to agree.

The 360 pwns.

Especially with Rockband vin

Leo.M
Don't get a PS3 unless you have an HD tv. I still think the PS2 games are better. ermm

2008 is suppose to be PS3's year for games.

*PS3 owner*

I don't know. just get both mmm

Röland
I say get the new Super Nintendo 64.

chillmeistergen

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
We shouldn't have to decide for ya. I can ask for opinions. on the other hand, we shouldn't have to come up with names for your guitar. wink see how that works?

Furion
3 words and a number: Metal Gear Solid 4

kodak
I dig the 360 and its games.

AbnormalButSane
xbox 360

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by kodak
I dig the 360 and its games. thats one thing, XBOX gets all the good SW games.

Originally posted by Furion
3 words and a number: Metal Gear Solid 4 and thats another, PS3 has the titles I know and love, like MGS and Tekken....

BackFire
360, hands down.

Better exclusives, multiplatform games tend to look and run better for it as it's easier to develop for, cheaper, better online service (though you have to pay for it).

PS3 isn't worth it, imo.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BackFire
360, hands down.

Better exclusives, multiplatform games tend to look and run better for it as it's easier to develop for, cheaper, better online service (though you have to pay for it).

PS3 isn't worth it, imo. this is what I am told. I am leaning more towards the XBOX, but still, you know?

Furion
Haze looks fun and Warhawk is nice. Final Fantasy 7 remake. You know it's inevitable.

Rogue Jedi
is Assassins Creed only on PS3?

BackFire
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
is Assassins Creed only on PS3?

No, Assassin's Creed is on 360 as well, though the game's not great.

The only really big PS3 exclusives so far are MGS4, FFXIII and Killzone 2. Though, MGS4 may find it's way to the 360 in the future, similarly to how MGS2 went to the original Xbox.

Sol Valentine
No, it's also on the 360.

Furion
God of War 3, A new Jak game, Ratchet and Clank.

Wandering Flame
PS3 will be good time later. It's price has gone down dramatically (which increases the likelihood of it having great games as exclusives in the future) but if I were to buy a console right now I would stick with 360 (I've ordered one online already).

BackFire
Yeah, PS3 is becoming a much more solid choice lately. 360 still takes it right now, though, because of what's actually out currently.

Furion
if there's a FF7 remake, 360 is screwed.

BackFire
No it's not.

The remake is a baseless rumor, at this point. That certainly should not be taken into account when deciding what system to purchase. Square has even said that they won't be remaking it.

Furion
No, but if Square did though, the PS3 would soar. Besides maybe Square will do it later if they see the money that could be made out of it.

Scythe
I can ask for opinions. on the other hand, we shouldn't have to come up with names for your guitar. wink see how that works?

It's opinionated though. I'm a PS3 fan, I'll steer you toward Sony, 360 users will steer you toward Microsoft, regardless of how much you'll enjoy it. You have to find out for yourself man.

And don't f*ckin' wink at me...

BackFire
It wouldn't be that huge of a deal. The only people who are going to buy a system for a remake are the rabid FFVII fanboys. FFXIII is still more important.

Furion
It wouldn't be that huge of a deal. The only people who are going to buy a system for a remake are the rabid FFVII fanboys.
There are a lot of those.

BackFire

Not enough to single handedly turn the tide of the console war.

Furion
no, but it will give the PS3 an edge and will have many developers looking at the PS3.

Sol Valentine

Ahem.

BackFire
An edge in what? It will simply be a big game for the PS3. Developers are already favoring the 360 over the PS3 because it's easier and cheaper to develop for. Developers won't magically change because of one game.

Oh yes, Rogue, if you get a 360 you can play games online with me, that will be fun. Verbal rape and such through Xbox Live voice comm., good times.

Furion
One game will make lots of money for the PS3. Developers may see potential in the PS3 and make some games for it. Hopefully those games would be good and start off more games.
Don't believe me. One word: Halo

Sol Valentine
Gears of War, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Darksiders, etc.

But FFVII won't be the UB3RZORZ game that'll rake in millions.

BackFire
One game will make lots of money for the PS3. Developers may see potential in the PS3 and make some games for it. Hopefully those games would be good and start off more games.
Don't believe me. One word: Halo

What does Halo have to do with anything? An FFVII remake won't be as big as any of the Halo games. Halo has a much broader appeal. The Halo games also aren't remakes.

Yes, it will make money, so what? So will a lot of other games.

Developers already know the potential of the PS3, and they don't care. It's a pain to develop for, and expensive.

It doesn't matter, exclusive games are a thing of the past. Devs care about money and a large number of people playing their games. Releasing a game on multiple platforms = more people playing their games and more money.

So yes, an FFVII remake would be a big game -- nothing more.

Röland
Listen to BackFire and go with a 360.

Furion
DMC4 is on PS3 too.
Halo made the Xbox popular.
It will make more.
Most important though is people will respect the PS3 more.

Sol Valentine
But the thing is, DMC4 was gonna be exslusive to the PS3

Lana
Nobody 'respects' the PS3, it's a ****ing joke.

Maybe in another year or two it'll be worth the huge pricetag, but right now the games don't in any way justify it.

Really, the only reason I'd get it is for FFXIII. And for that...well...still got a couple of years.

Originally posted by Sol Valentine
But the thing is, DMC4 was gonna be exslusive to the PS3

A LOT of games were going to be PS3 exclusive that aren't anymore. DMC4, Assassin's Creed, GTAIV just to name a small handful...

And GTA would definitely have been a system-seller. But instead, look at it, delayed because the PS3 is so damn hard to work with...

Röland
Originally posted by Lana
Really, the only reason I'd get it is for FFXIII. And for that...well...still got a couple of years.

I agree with your whole post Lana, but I don't think shelling out the $ for a PS3 or a 360 for that matter, is worth it because of one game. People will do it but it's stupid imo.

Lana

Röland
Oh I know it's stupid, but by then there'll hopefully be other games that I want to play.

I think there will be too, it looks like a lot of promising games are going to be released this year for both the PS3 and the 360.

Furion
Mmmmmmm Metal Gear Solid 4.

Melcórë
Yeah....the trailer for MGS4 REALLY turned me off the series. And any FF game after IV sucks. stick out tongue

To settle the debate, two words: Mass Effect. stick out tongue

Furion
pffff. Halo's a better 360 game then Mass Effect.

Röland

Halo series is so overrated it's not even funny. CoD 4 mutli-player > Halo 3 multi-player.

BackFire
And Bioshock is better than both of them.

Melcórë

Yeah....have you actually played it, or are you just saying that?

BTW > I love Halo 3. I find it more entertaining than CoD4, more because I've been waiting for it for....I don't know, almost six years.

Furion
CoD4? laughing
BioShock won Spike's game of the year award. pwnage.

Melcórë
CoD4? laughing
BioShock won Spike's game of the year award. pwnage.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah....you just mentioned "Spike." MASSIVE FAIL. stick out tongue

Furion
They know more about gaming then you do, though Halo lost by like 0.001%

Lana

BackFire
Mass Effect...tried it, tried to like it, quit before finishing the first mission because I was bored out of my skull.

Not surprised, though, everyone compares it to KOTOR and while the first was okay, the second I quit less than a quarter of the way through from boredom.

Now, Bioshock and Blue Dragon...

Oh, incidentally, BF - I should be getting COD4 soon big grin

Why? Do you like shooters now?

We still need to play GOW co-op.

Furion
I despise Gears of War.

Melcórë
They know more about gaming then you do, though Halo lost by like 0.001%

It was a joke. But I don't respect Spike. stick out tongue
(BTW > I've been playing video games all my life....and I do try to keep up with the industry.... sad )

Mass Effect...tried it, tried to like it, quit before finishing the first mission because I was bored out of my skull.

Not surprised, though, everyone compares it to KOTOR and while the first was okay, the second I quit less than a quarter of the way through from boredom.

Now, Bioshock and Blue Dragon...

Oh, incidentally, BF - I should be getting COD4 soon big grin

I know some ppl. who had similar reactions....after the first mission, I became very involved with the game, just like KotOR....and yes, KotOR II did suck, because BioWare didn't develop it and it had a ridiculously short development period....

Lana
Why? Do you like shooters now?

We still need to play GOW co-op.

Normally no...mostly because I find them all boring and the same. There's still a few I like stick out tongue COD4 I got to try out a while ago (yay for doing events at my work and stuff) and actually did like it a lot.

And I know stick out tongue

Originally posted by Melcórë
It was a joke. But I don't respect Spike. stick out tongue
(BTW > I've been playing video games all my life....and I do try to keep up with the industry.... sad )

I know some ppl. who had similar reactions....after the first mission, I became very involved with the game, just like KotOR....and yes, KotOR II did suck, because BioWare didn't develop it and it had a ridiculously short development period....

Or it just was an extremely flawed game from the very beginning (none of that "it wasn't as good because of the ending" garbage, please).

And a game should be able to draw you in from the very start. It didn't do that.

Really, if I'm going to be playing that sort of RPG, I'd rather actually be roleplaying it instead of playing a video game stick out tongue

Röland

BackFire
Normally no...mostly because I find them all boring and the same. There's still a few I like stick out tongue COD4 I got to try out a while ago (yay for doing events at my work and stuff) and actually did like it a lot.

COD4 has amazing online play, the level up-rpg system is brilliant and unfairly addicting, you may actually like that.

Lana
COD4 has amazing online play, the level up-rpg system is brilliant and unfairly addicting, you may actually like that.

I have heard about that and think that it's a really neat addition, it definitely sounds like something I would like.

BackFire
I have heard about that and think that it's a really neat addition, it definitely sounds like something I would like.

And what's great is, even for someone who may not be great at the genre, you can still get rewarded and level up at a decent rate, as you get EXP win or less at the end of the match.

I do wish there was co-op in COD4, though.

Melcórë

Or it just was an extremely flawed game from the very beginning (none of that "it wasn't as good because of the ending" garbage, please).

And a game should be able to draw you in from the very start. It didn't do that.

Really, if I'm going to be playing that sort of RPG, I'd rather actually be roleplaying it instead of playing a video game stick out tongue

stick out tongue

I certainly didn't feel it was crap. Instant action? Instant assassination? Awesome. stick out tongue

BackFire
I never got into KOTOR either, but I absolutely loved Mass Effect, it got me hooked immediately and beat it twice in less than a week.

Lana
And what's great is, even for someone who may not be great at the genre, you can still get rewarded and level up at a decent rate, as you get EXP win or less at the end of the match.

I do wish there was co-op in COD4, though.

Co-op would be nice...still wish they'd done that for Bioshock.

I'm trying to play Oblivion at the moment. Overall I find it fairly boring and tedious with some moments of fun. I do like sniping things while on top of rocks, but getting from place to place is so damn boring unless you teleport but then you lose chances to level up and blah.

BackFire
Leveling up in Oblivion is kinda worthless. I've heard people who have said that the game actually got more difficult and annoying as you leveled up, since everyone else levels up with you.

Lana
For some reason I've always hated when games have that sort of system. It just makes so much of it completely pointless...and sometimes it's fun to go back to an easier area and just beat the shit out of things.

Melcórë
I never got into KOTOR either, but I absolutely loved Mass Effect, it got me hooked immediately and beat it twice in less than a week.

Any game/movie/thing with Keith David = AWESOME. That's a fact. wink

BackFire
For some reason I've always hated when games have that sort of system. It just makes so much of it completely pointless...and sometimes it's fun to go back to an easier area and just beat the shit out of things.

Yes, I've never been a fan of it either.

Röland

Melcórë

Röland

Estacado
hmm
Ratchet and Klank ,Lair or Bioshock ,Mass Effect......

360 off course.

Melcórë

Lana
Yes, I've never been a fan of it either.

BTW, played Blue Dragon at all?

Oh, and today at work, we put together the standee for Lost Odyssey...which has a stickynote on the back with my name on it...

JacopeX
I am saving up for either an XBOX 360 or a PS3. I have weighed the pros and cons of each and I am torn between the two. Help me decide!!! GO FOR THE XBOX 360!

Scythe
This needs to be moved...

Sol Valentine

Oh, and today at work, we put together the standee for Lost Odyssey...which has a stickynote on the back with my name on it...

You put the stickynote there?

Rogue Jedi
Nobody 'respects' the PS3, it's a ****ing joke.

Maybe in another year or two it'll be worth the huge pricetag, but right now the games don't in any way justify it.

A LOT of games were going to be PS3 exclusive that aren't anymore. DMC4, Assassin's Creed, GTAIV just to name a small handful...

And GTA would definitely have been a system-seller. But instead, look at it, delayed because the PS3 is so damn hard to work with... YOU are the one I should be listening to. Here is what is important to me: I want the system that has the widest selection of games, the best SW games, best prices on said games. I will also use the system to watch DVD's, so whichever one is more reliable aas a DVD player. Price on the system is also a factor, durh. wink

BackFire

No, I've not played Blue Dragon. I heard it wasn't so great.

Lana
No, I've not played Blue Dragon. I heard it wasn't so great.

Hmmm, personally I like it a lot. It's rather FF-styled, art looks like Dragon Quest, and I find it a lot of fun. Pretty much everyone I know who likes FF likes it. Plus it does some really neat things with combat.

YOU are the one I should be listening to. Here is what is important to me: I want the system that has the widest selection of games, the best SW games, best prices on said games. I will also use the system to watch DVD's, so whichever one is more reliable aas a DVD player. Price on the system is also a factor, durh. wink

360 definitely has the widest selection. SW games, if the current trend keeps up, are all cross-platform. Right now my siblings are using my 360 to watch a movie. The prices on new games for both PS3 and the 360 are usually $60. 360 has better online but you have to pay for it. PS3 does blu-ray; the 360 has an HD-DVD player but it's an addon that costs $180, so you'd need to buy that separately if you want to do HD movies. On the flip side, though, since it's not built in it doesn't drive up the price.

And most importantly, any version of the 360 you buy will be the same base thing with different addons (harddrive size mostly), and are all upgradable, so you could start out with the cheapest version and end up with it having as much stuff as the Elite, minus the color. You can't do that with the PS3. Plus, the 40GB PS3 has absolutely ZERO backwards compatability (will never play PS2 or PS1 games) and the 80GB one has only limited BC.

Really, the 360 is the stronger system by a longshot. If you're looking to get a PS3, I would really highly recommend you wait another year. Or if you really are set on a PS3, try and track down a 60GB because that's the best version of it.

Originally posted by Sol Valentine
You put the stickynote there?

Damn straight.

BackFire
I've heard the story was the weakest part of Blue Dragon, what's your take on that?

Lana
I honestly haven't gotten far enough to get much into the plot, as I've just been having fun going about and killing everything I can - the battle system really is fun in this game.

BackFire
Perhaps I'll check it out.

Rogue Jedi

360 definitely has the widest selection. SW games, if the current trend keeps up, are all cross-platform. Right now my siblings are using my 360 to watch a movie. The prices on new games for both PS3 and the 360 are usually $60. 360 has better online but you have to pay for it. PS3 does blu-ray; the 360 has an HD-DVD player but it's an addon that costs $180, so you'd need to buy that separately if you want to do HD movies. On the flip side, though, since it's not built in it doesn't drive up the price.

And most importantly, any version of the 360 you buy will be the same base thing with different addons (harddrive size mostly), and are all upgradable, so you could start out with the cheapest version and end up with it having as much stuff as the Elite, minus the color. You can't do that with the PS3. Plus, the 40GB PS3 has absolutely ZERO backwards compatability (will never play PS2 or PS1 games) and the 80GB one has only limited BC.

Really, the 360 is the stronger system by a longshot. If you're looking to get a PS3, I would really highly recommend you wait another year. Or if you really are set on a PS3, try and track down a 60GB because that's the best version of it.

XBOX Elite....someone mentioned that to me earlier. What is the difference between a standard XBOX and an Elite XBOX?

Piggle Humsy
I am saving up for either an XBOX 360 or a PS3. I have weighed the pros and cons of each and I am torn between the two. Help me decide!!!

btw, should have made this a poll.

doped

Röland
XBOX Elite....someone mentioned that to me earlier. What is the difference between a standard XBOX and an Elite XBOX?

Standard 360 or "Xbox 360 Arcade" (The Core was discontinued) comes with a 256 MB Hard Drive. - $279.99

Xbox 360 "Pro or Premium" comes with a 20GB Hard Drive. - $349.99

Xbox 360 "Elite" comes with a 120GB Hard Drive and a Matte Black Finish. - $499.99

So basically each "upgrade" comes with a bigger hard drive and the Elite is special with its black paintjob. I have a "Pro" and it's 20Gig Hard Drive works fine for me. I really don't think you'd have to go with the "Elite" unless you are going to store a shitload of stuff on it or jsut want the paintjob.

They also differ with the HD cables and such but I'm a total n00b to HD crap.

BackFire
Yeah, the Elite isn't worth it unless you plan on downloading a lot of movies and such.

Rogue Jedi
so if all I want it for is to play games and watch the occasional DVD, I'd do well going with the one for $279.99?

Röland
If you don't mind putting up the extra bit, I'd go with a Pro, the 20GB hard drive is loads better then 256 MB. I mean it's up to you, but if you can afford it, go with the Pro just for that extra memory.

Rogue Jedi
that brings me to another question. No memory cards, right? it's built into the 360?

Röland
that brings me to another question. No memory cards, right? it's built into the 360?

There are memory cards (I think they still make them) but the hard drive is there to let you download online content to your 360, and it let's you not have to worry about memory cards.

Rogue Jedi

Röland
all I will wanna do is save game progress, and I can use the hard drive for that? sweet.

Yeah. Most games will save on their own actually.

Rogue Jedi

Lana
The HD isn't built-in, it attaches to the side of the system.

I'd definitely say go with the Pro system - the Arcade system comes with a memory card, but the 20GB HD is $100 on it's own, so if you decide you want it later on, then its going to be more expensive than if you had just gotten the Pro one to begin with (unless you find a used HD, those are about $60, but even then, the Pro also comes with a headset, ethernet cable, etc). Plus you need it to go online, play regular Xbox games, download content, demos, videos, etc...

(can anyone tell I explain this all about a billion times a day?)

Röland
(can anyone tell I explain this all about a billion times a day?)

I feel for you Lana, I was up at EB Games in the local mall the other day and I felt bad about some of the things the clerks had to explain.

Thoren

I'd definitely say go with the Pro system - the Arcade system comes with a memory card, but the 20GB HD is $100 on it's own, so if you decide you want it later on, then its going to be more expensive than if you had just gotten the Pro one to begin with (unless you find a used HD, those are about $60, but even then, the Pro also comes with a headset, ethernet cable, etc). Plus you need it to go online, play regular Xbox games, download content, demos, videos, etc...

(can anyone tell I explain this all about a billion times a day?) I could, but i thought you liked too.

I want a PS3

Rogue Jedi

(can anyone tell I explain this all about a billion times a day?) Good lookin' out, Lana. I have made my decision.

Lana

Outbound
DO WANT 360!!!awesome

BackFire
When are you going to be getting it, RJ?

And do you know what games you are planning on getting?

Röland
Haha, I've long gotten used to it and really don't mind explaining all of the differences between everything to people, that's simply part of my job.

Plus it's nice when people come in and tell us that they like coming to my store as opposed to any of the other Gamestops/EB Games or any of the big stores like Target or Best Buy because we know our stuff and actually try and make sure everyone gets just what they need stick out tongue

And really, being paid to know about games is pretty sweet happy

I wish I could get hired at the EB Games around here, just on part time. stick out tongue

Outbound
Haha, I've long gotten used to it and really don't mind explaining all of the differences between everything to people, that's simply part of my job.

Plus it's nice when people come in and tell us that they like coming to my store as opposed to any of the other Gamestops/EB Games or any of the big stores like Target or Best Buy because we know our stuff and actually try and make sure everyone gets just what they need stick out tongue

And really, being paid to know about games is pretty sweet happy

Beats the idiots over here, takes them half an hour to go out the back to find a game cause they keep forgetting what its called. Or ask them when a new game comes out and they have no clue.....5mins on IGN tells me more.

Lana

The big EH
I am saving up for either an XBOX 360 or a PS3. I have weighed the pros and cons of each and I am torn between the two. Help me decide!!! for now 360 would be the way to go, but for the future i hate to admit it but PS3 will be on top, 360 uses regular dvd discs, therefore smaller memory, while PS3 use like 30 gig bluray discs, therefore games with high graphics and stuff like that will have to be smaller (explins why halo 3 sucked) so ps3 will eventually have better games.

also the reason why ps3 has shitty games is because they should have called it the Pii, on the account of them totally ripping off motion sensitivity from nintendo, but because it was a really late addition they didnt make the controler for it, therefor the motion controls SUCK

Röland
Well, right now there's no real chance of it, holiday season just ended so it's time for all the seasonals to go away and we don't have holiday hours anymore (which sucks...as busy as it made me, I LIKED having near-full time hours). Early fall is the best time to try stick out tongue

Also, being a regular and knowing the people who work there also helps too stick out tongue

Yeah, that's the bad part, they only seem to hire around Holidays and I need a job now. I go to school but it'd be nice to work on the weekends. stick out tongue

Lana

Rogue Jedi
When are you going to be getting it, RJ?

And do you know what games you are planning on getting? Probably in a two or three weeks, man I am pumped!!!

What am I gonna get? Well, I dunno yet. Here is what I would like, maybe you guys (Lana) could help me out:

1. I am obviously gonna buy the KOTOR games, durh.

2. I am gonna give HALO a try. Should I start with HALO 3, or should I start fresh with HALO 1?

3. I want a good racing game, something similar to Ridge Racer.

4. A good fighting game, something similar to the Tekken games.

5. Ace Combat for PS2 was awesome, I'd like a good aerial combat game

6. Any type of shoot 'em up action, like Dead to rights.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Leo.M
what about a wii? Those are cheep and fun. mmm

Rogue Jedi
pfffft......not in my house.

Leo.M
I like it. laughcry

Blax_Hydralisk

2. I am gonna give HALO a try. Should I start with HALO 3, or should I start fresh with HALO 1?

Start with one, as you'll be confused in terms of the story itself. It's more complicated then kneejerk Halo haters CoD4 fanboys make it out to be.

I heard Project Gpthan Racing is pretty good.

Eh, your selection is slightly more limited here. Either go with Virtua Fighter 5 or Dead or Alive.

Ace Combat 6 is out for the 360.

HALO, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock in a way, Gears of War.. 360's the best when it comes to shooters.

Rogue Jedi
you would. check the poo bear thread, byatch.

Blax_Hydralisk
sad

Leo.M
you would. check the poo bear thread, byatch.

you mean the Twinkie thread? laughcry

*goes and sees*

Rogue Jedi
shifty

BackFire
Probably in a two or three weeks, man I am pumped!!!

What am I gonna get? Well, I dunno yet. Here is what I would like, maybe you guys (Lana) could help me out:

1. I am obviously gonna buy the KOTOR games, durh.

3. I want a good racing game, something similar to Ridge Racer.

4. A good fighting game, something similar to the Tekken games.

5. Ace Combat for PS2 was awesome, I'd like a good aerial combat game

6. Any type of shoot 'em up action, like Dead to rights.

Thoughts? Ideas?

There are no KOTOR games for the 360 as of yet, however, there is Mass Effect, from the same people who made KOTOR, and it's very similar and has much in common with Star Wars, it's a space-RPG and it's grand, if you liked KOTOR, this is the game for you.

As for Halo, the story really isn't something all that deep or difficult to follow, you could start with the third one and be fine, just so long as you read the summary in the instruction booklet. Though, if you want to get the very most out of the game, play through the first two first.

Project Gotham Racing 4 is for you, I think. It's a lovely combination of Arcade and Sim racing, it's great fun.

Also Virtua Fighter 5 is the best fighting game for the 360. DOA4 is solid, but kinda messy and spastic.

Also, you should try Gears of War, an action/sci fi 3rd person shooter.

WrathfulDwarf
Buy a PS3.

(using reverse psychology)

BackFire
Oh, you.

Rogue Jedi
There are no KOTOR games for the 360 as of yet, however, there is Mass Effect, from the same people who made KOTOR, and it's very similar and has much in common with Star Wars, it's a space-RPG and it's grand, if you liked KOTOR, this is the game for you.

As for Halo, the story really isn't something all that deep or difficult to follow, you could start with the third one and be fine, just so long as you read the summary in the instruction booklet. Though, if you want to get the very most out of the game, play through the first two first.

Project Gotham Racing 4 is for you, I think. It's a lovely combination of Arcade and Sim racing, it's great fun.

Also Virtua Fighter 5 is the best fighting game for the 360. DOA4 is solid, but kinda messy and spastic.

Also, you should try Gears of War, an action/sci fi 3rd person shooter. no KOTOR for XBOX? confused

http://xbox.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/topstarwarsgame.htm

Leo.M
if i was gonna get a xbox. I'd get

Gears of war.
Halo.
Guitar Hero III

thats all I know about xbox mmm

Rogue Jedi
gonna get the first two....dunno about guitar hero.

Leo.M
I'd play that naked.

Rogue Jedi
dude, you'd do ANYTHING naked. laughing out loud

Syren
My fella got me a Net Jet Online Game System and Booster Key for Christmas, anyone used one before? I like the look of it (hasn't arrived yet!) but have never heard of them.

Rogue Jedi
never heard of them.

Leo.M
dude, you'd do ANYTHING naked. laughing out loud

Do as f.uck or I'm just naked all the time? shocklaugh

leonheartmm
wait atleast 6 months than buy the ps3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.