Buried Alien

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_(Barry_Allen)

A story in the Marvel comic book series Quasar has the Marvel universe speedsters facing off in a competition set up by a being called the Runner. The contest is a race from the Earth to the Moon. During the race, a surge of energy hits the track, leaving a being with blonde hair and dressed in the remains of a red outfit with yellow boots. This being has no memory, but an enormous desire to run. He goes on to win the race, passing Marvel speedsters such as Quicksilver and Speed Demon in the process. When asked what his name is, the man replies, "I don't know... Buried Alien, or something like that." When asked how it felt to be the fastest man alive, he replied, "It feels... right!" The racer goes on to take the name Fast-Forward, disappearing into the universe in an attempt to help Makkari, who is stuck at hyper speed.

Is Buried Alien Barry Allen?

Laminator_X
Not officially, but yes.

Alfheim
That guy beat the runner and so did Makkari? Sometimes I swear the Elders are just around to make other heroes look good. Makkari does a bit of training and manages to beat Runner, its the samething with She-Hulk getting some training and beating Champs.

Rorschach
He didn't beat the Runner. He was probably going to beat him, but left the race to take out some space rabbit.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Alfheim
That guy beat the runner and so did Makkari? Sometimes I swear the Elders are just around to make other heroes look good. Makkari does a bit of training and manages to beat Runner, its the samething with She-Hulk getting some training and beating Champs.

Psshhh. roll eyes (sarcastic) As if that schmuck Runner would have a chance at beating a Flash. stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Buried Alien

Nod
Its debatable because D.C would have to make it official somehow as well.

Larceny
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Psshhh. roll eyes (sarcastic) As if that schmuck Runner would have a chance at beating a Flash. stick out tongue

Runner would likely burn Flash in a race.

Laminator_X
Speed Force wielders have problems with the speed of light. The Runner does not.

Juntai
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Speed Force wielders have problems with the speed of light. The Runner does not. No they don't, they surpass it and begin to time travel, effectively moving them at unquantifiable speeds.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Juntai
No they don't, they surpass it and begin to time travel, effectively moving them at unquantifiable speeds.

Oh it's quantifiable, you'd just need to run the math for relativistic dilation for respective frames of reference. Just the same, the Runner can move faster than lightspeed without suffering from relativistic time dilation. He travels the universe "on foot" without taking forever.

Apropos to nothing, here is the dancing bannana: Happy Dance

Juntai
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Oh it's quantifiable, you'd just need to run the math for relativistic dilation for respective frames of reference. Just the same, the Runner can move faster than lightspeed without suffering from relativistic time dilation. He travels the universe "on foot" without taking forever.

Apropos to nothing, here is the dancing bannana: Happy Dance Superman goes beyond lightspeed without time travel as well. Doesn't make him better/faster than Flash.

Can you quantify how fast Wally was going when he ran past the end of time and up the strands of creation?

Inhuman
Only reason makkari beat runner is because runner didn't want to be stuck in hyper speed. He was stated to be able to go into hyper speed no problem, but didn't want to be stuck like makkari did.

Anyhow runner usually goes beyond light speed into warp speed. (without gem)

As for flash's feats: most are retarted anyhow. Someone post the scan of flash's supposed million times the speed of light crap. Where he saves some poeple from a blast. It never states that was the case.

Soljer
Originally posted by Inhuman
Only reason makkari beat runner is because runner didn't want to be stuck in hyper speed. He was stated to be able to go into hyper speed no problem, but didn't want to be stuck like makkari did.

Anyhow runner usually goes beyond light speed into warp speed. (without gem)

As for flash's feats: most are retarted anyhow. Someone post the scan of flash's supposed million times the speed of light crap. Where he saves some poeple from a blast. It never states that was the case.

That's far from his best feat. In the feat you're referencing, the Flash was going just short of C. smile.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Inhuman

I think its ten times the speed and he was straining apparently.

Originally posted by Soljer
That's far from his best feat. In the feat you're referencing, the Flash was going just short of C. smile.

Whats his best feat? Whats C?

Juntai
That's far from his best feat. In the feat you're referencing, the Flash was going just short of C. smile. Unless you do the math presented. Because he still caried those people so far, regardless of it claiming the traveling speed. The feat itself still happened in full.

Juntai
Originally posted by Alfheim
Whats C? THe speed of light.

Sol is god
I think this forum has numerous threads on this from the past.

lft4ded
Eh, Superman folds space, Flash time travels. Aren't these just various methods of virtually accomplishing the same feat? And as instantaneous teleporting is just warping/folding space it can be countered by a big enough burst of speed. (yes, Wally was borrowing speed, I know but it was still fast enough to temporarily defeat the Black Flash, ignore -> the same one that Runner is temporarily immune too)

Editted 'one of the Endless' to 'the Black Flash'.

SaintSmurph
Unless you do the math presented. Because he still caried those people so far, regardless of it claiming the traveling speed. The feat itself still happened in full. But that's irrelevant.

The author was giving Flash a feat for traveling at subliminal speeds. Even if the math shows otherwise.

I've seen supposed evidence that the fashion in which Spider-Man webbed Gwen Stacy shouldn't have snapped her neck.

But it did anyways. The author said so.

Juntai
Originally posted by SaintSmurph
But that's irrelevant.

The author was giving Flash a feat for traveling at subliminal speeds. Even if the math shows otherwise.

I've seen supposed evidence that the fashion in which Spider-Man webbed Gwen Stacy shouldn't have snapped her neck.

But it did anyways. The author said so. Yes, but he still ran the distance in the alloted time, the feat was still accomplished.
The explanation?
The speed force.
smile

SaintSmurph
Yes, but he still ran the distance in the alloted time, the feat was still accomplished.
The explanation?
The speed force.
smile The explanation?

The author can't do math.

Doesn't change the magnitude of the feat. It was still written that Flash never reached C.

Kutulu
The explanation?

Doesn't change the magnitude of the feat. It was still written that Flash never reached C.

Owned. laughing out loud

batdude123

Well, there's this:

Originally posted by batdude123
This is probably one of the most impressive feats I've ever seen Flash perform. In these scans, Kyle is mind controlled and is attempting to fire a blast at Wonder Woman. She is only about 20 feet away, and when the blast reaches the half way point, Flash springs to action. He scans FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND people to find the ones responsible for mind controlling Kyle. He finds them both, and puts them in the line of fire from Kyle's blasts and gets Wonder Woman out of the way. To top it all off he did this in LESS than a PICOSECOND.

http://img308.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash1hu5.jpg
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash2zj8.jpg

Juntai
The explanation?

Doesn't change the magnitude of the feat. It was still written that Flash never reached C. I agree it happened because the author can't do math. However Wally still travel x distance in y time. The only explanation in character is of course- the speed force.

Juntai
Originally posted by Kutulu
Owned. laughing out loud Not quite.

llagrok
But that's irrelevant.

But it did anyways. The author said so.

A lot of comics hinted at Goblin snapping her neck before throwing her off the building smile

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by llagrok
A lot of comics hinted at Goblin snapping her neck before throwing her off the building smile Go vote. Now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.