Biggest loss of Creditibility

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redhotrash
Ok, so 2007 is over, who lost the most credibility in comicbooks this year? My submissions..

Sentry: Went from supposedly stalemating Galactus to getting his teeth kicked him by pretty obscure 80's villains. Not to mention the Hulk fiasco.

Blackbolt: Upper tier hero whos been jobbed hard all year.

Apocalypse: Expect his picture up on the wall near the Wal-Mart exit with all the other missing kids.

Marvel's writing staff: 3 words; World War Hulk.

Bullseye: A walking stereotype did him in.

Anyhow, submit yours.

Gecko4lif
BB has been a skrull so he doesnt count

grey fox
Who beat Bullseye ?

horrorwolf
My vote goes to ION

Nod
When I saw the title I first thought of Larceny. haermm2

King Kandy
Originally posted by horrorwolf
My vote goes to ION
Yeah tell me about it.

How about Mr. Mxyptlk?

horrorwolf
BlackBolt would have to be high on that list too.

Kutulu
For all the hype they were putting into the new Ion, I was expecting a lot more out of him.

lordboo
sentry
ion
antimoniter

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by redhotrash
Ok, so 2007 is over, who lost the most credibility in comicbooks this year? My submissions..

Sentry: Went from supposedly stalemating Galactus to getting his teeth kicked him by pretty obscure 80's villains. Not to mention the Hulk fiasco.

Marvel's writing staff: 3 words; World War Hulk.

You ****ing read my mind. thumb up

Mr. Slippyfist
Thanos: Almost every Thanos thread has the Drax example coming up without context.

Darkseid: ... No need for explanation.

Britney Spears: Came back with her gut a hanging... gave up her kids, etc.

Little Britney Spears: Prego.

Kramer: Racist.

Nvr: Wait... nevermind.

Chris Benoit: Killed his kids, and killed himself.

Chuck Liddell: Ignoring his last win... Keith Jardine? What the f**k?

Martian Mind: Trickster... shifty

King_Mungi
Originally posted by grey fox
Who beat Bullseye ?

American Eagle

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Chris Benoit: Killed his kids, and killed himself.

Chuck Liddell: Ignoring his last win... Keith Jardine? What the f**k?

Chris Beniot: and he was Canadian too sad

Chuck Liddell: CO-F'N-SIGN, except Silva did not look like himself in the fight

Symmetric Chaos
Myx

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Chris Beniot: and he was Canadian too sad

Chuck Liddell: CO-F'N-SIGN, except Silva did not look like himself in the fight Yup.

Meh... I can't really see what Silva would have done better... I mean, he really didn't have the chance to go to a clinch that much either. erm

King_Mungi
Meh... I can't really see what Silva would have done better... I mean, he really didn't have the chance to go to a clinch that much either. erm

Still could have used kicks, or even taken it to the ground. It just really didn't seem like Silva

I guess we can add Matt Hughes to the list as GSP handed him a loss pretty easily.

Another is Alpha Flight...as their dead.

Symmetric Chaos
Still could have used kicks, or even taken it to the ground. It just really didn't seem like Silva

hmm Clearly this is a case of PIS.

grey fox
Considering AEs power-set I don't think it's THAT bad that he beat BE.

Violent2Dope
Mxy. Goes from destroying multiverses to having the Super Shield HV-tatooed on his face.

Mr. Slippyfist

I guess we can add Matt Hughes to the list as GSP handed him a loss pretty easily. He used quite a few kicks actually... everyone of them missed at the start. erm
Plus, he's not the best grounder... and he should know about Chuck's defense.

Ah yes. Complete domination. Could that be a loss of cred though? I mean, GSP handled him in all three of their fights (even though he got caught by an armbar in the first). smile

Mach 1
GSP is awesome, no cred loss. He has just evolved beyond any at his weight at present.

I would say the KMC mods.

King_Mungi
He used quite a few kicks actually... everyone of them missed at the start. erm
Plus, he's not the best grounder... and he should know about Chuck's defense.

Ah yes. Complete domination. Could that be a loss of cred though? I mean, GSP handled him in all three of their fights (even though he got caught by an armbar in the first). smile

He only did like 3-4 kicks if I recall, he didn't do that many

But it's not like Chuck really has ground game either though

Well considering how Hughes brags he is the best in the world and no one can beat him, but then GSP beats him at his own game I would say so.

GSP is actually going to compete for Canada in the Olympics in wrestling. That could be interesting

Mach 1

Well considering how Hughes brags he is the best in the world and no one can beat him, but then GSP beats him at his own game I would say so.

GSP is actually going to compete for Canada in the Olympics in wrestling. That could be interesting

No GSP thought about it. He is not doing it. He is quite awesome.

Violent2Dope
Britney Spears: Came back with her gut a hanging... gave up her kids, etc. You have to have credibility to lose it.

Mr. Slippyfist

GSP is actually going to compete for Canada in the Olympics in wrestling. That could be interesting Meh. I recall more than that... but he missed almost all of them, except one. No point in trying a failed tactic. erm

He has the ground takedown defense though, and Silva's more of a striker.

Still though, We've already found out GSP is better than him in three fights (although he lost the first), so can we really say he lost cred in the last fight, or would it be the other two?

Well, after he dominated two top wrestlers... I can't see him losing.

Gecko4lif
I love

GSP and I love Serra (hope he recovers)

Ricky hatton lost a bit of credibility too

That was a embarassing knockout

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/fotos/haton44333.jpg

Mach 1
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You have to have credibility to lose it.

I guess that's your excuse. erm

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Mach 1
I guess that's your excuse. erm Queer.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You have to have credibility to lose it. Well... that's not true...

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I love

GSP and I love Serra (hope he recovers)

Ricky hatton lost a bit of credibility too

That was a embarassing knockout

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/fotos/haton44333.jpg Lulz... I forgot about that.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Mach 1
No GSP thought about it. He is not doing it. He is quite awesome.

Thought it was offical he was training already for it, but postponed it so he could fight Hughes?
===
*Snickers* Oh Fedor your great

http://www.cagepotato.com/2007/12/31/fedor-emelianenko-vs-hong-man-choi-the-video/

Mr. Slippyfist

*Snickers* Oh Fedor your great

http://www.cagepotato.com/2007/12/31/fedor-emelianenko-vs-hong-man-choi-the-video/ Ya... I saw that yesterday. I think he broke his arm. smile

King_Mungi
Meh. I recall more than that... but he missed almost all of them, except one. No point in trying a failed tactic. erm

He has the ground takedown defense though, and Silva's more of a striker.

Still though, We've already found out GSP is better than him in three fights (although he lost the first), so can we really say he lost cred in the last fight, or would it be the other two?

Well, after he dominated two top wrestlers... I can't see him losing.

The kicks wern't working at first for Keith, but damn didn't take long it started to work

He does, but Silva is no sloutch in takedowns

Like I said considering even in GSP vs. Hughes 2 he was saying Canadians can't fight, and bashing Canadians and going about how his ground and pound is unbeatable darn right it's a loss of cred. Well more in his mind I guess

Four actually, Sean Shrek, Frank Trigg, Matt Hughes, & K-OS shifty

Mr. Slippyfist
The kicks wern't working at first for Keith, but damn didn't take long it started to work

He does, but Silva is no sloutch in takedowns

Like I said considering even in GSP vs. Hughes 2 he was saying Canadians can't fight, and bashing Canadians and going about how his ground and pound is unbeatable darn right it's a loss of cred. Well more in his mind I guess

Four actually, Sean Shrek, Frank Trigg, Matt Hughes, & K-OS shifty Keith was actually connecting on most of them, from what I recalled. Haven't seen it since I ordered it though...

Meh, Couture failed to take him down... Plus, it would be a little out of realm for him to do that, than what he did me thinks.

Ah, didn't know about that one. Da bastard deserved to lose then.

I was thinking current. You also missed pubic hair. Five.
Unless you're talking about Koscheck, and not who I think you were talking about... as in the singer. embarrasment

Bentley
The Anti-life equation: For not making corpses speak.

The Antimonitor: I was not disappointed, but his credibility is gone for the people who hyped it.

Peter Parker and Mary Jane: ...

Marvel Ares: Still waiting for this guy to win a battle.

King_Mungi
Keith was actually connecting on most of them, from what I recalled. Haven't seen it since I ordered it though...

Meh, Couture failed to take him down... Plus, it would be a little out of realm for him to do that, than what he did me thinks.

Ah, didn't know about that one. Da bastard deserved to lose then.

I was thinking current. You also missed pubic hair. Five.

I would have to rewatch it myself, I really don't want to as I dislike Keith with a passion

Meh! Couture even admited he was going through emotional and personal problems as that time and wasn't at his best. Divorce and all

Yeah he was ripping apart Canadians pretty bad saying since Georges is also French so he is already going to give up before the fight happens or some shit like that. I can find the link if need be.

Pfft...fine two current then. haha yes Josh, and not the R&B singer. Also what the heck is going on with the lightweight belt? At first Penn and Joe were suppose to fight for the interim belt, but now it's billed as the world lightweight title? Did they take it away from Sean?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bentley
The Anti-life equation: For not making corpses speak.

I'd wait til the end of DotNG before making that judgment.

Bentley
I am willing to change my mind, but as of 2007 it had not the best showings ever.

Mr. Slippyfist
I would have to rewatch it myself, I really don't want to as I dislike Keith with a passion

Meh! Couture even admited he was going through emotional and personal problems as that time and wasn't at his best. Divorce and all

Yeah he was ripping apart Canadians pretty bad saying since Georges is also French so he is already going to give up before the fight happens or some shit like that. I can find the link if need be.

Pfft...fine two current then. haha yes Josh, and not the R&B singer. Also what the heck is going on with the lightweight belt? At first Penn and Joe were suppose to fight for the interim belt, but now it's billed as the world lightweight title? Did they take it away from Sean?
I don't want to watch it either... and Keith pisses me off greatly.

Pfft... doesn't mean he can't take someone down...

He deserved to lose as bad as he did then.

Had me confused there, with the 'shifty' smiley and all...
I don't like pubic hair... and I wanted to see GSP KO his ass hard. sad

"He successfully defended his title against Hermes Franca at UFC 73 on July 7, 2007, winning by unanimous decision after five rounds. On July 19, 2007 the California State Athletic Commission announced that Sherk and Franca had both tested positive for banned steroids in post-fight drug tests. After testing positive for Nandrolone, Sherk was fined $2,500 and suspended from competing in California until July 6, 2008. He has since filed an extension for his appeal hearing. His appeal was December 4, 2007, which saw Sherk's suspension reduced to 6 months, making him eligible to fight in early January 2008. According to UFC President Dana White, Sherk has passed a lie detector test that he did not knowingly take steroids. Several recent studies have shown banned substances in nearly 1/4 of the tested over-the-counter supplements which might support Sherk's assertion that he did not knowingly take steroids. Sherk also noted errors in the lab testing procedures used, as three people tested immediately prior to him tested positive for steroids.. Sherk claims that the failure of the lab to properly test the vials used in the earlier, positive tests for any remaining steroid content may have resulted in his sample becoming contaminated with nadrolone.

The UFC announced on November 12, 2007 that Sherk will most likely be stripped of the lightweight title if the steroid ruling is upheld by the CSAC. Joe Stevenson will fight B.J. Penn for the vacant title at UFC 80. Sherk will fight the winner for the Lightweight Title, possibly in April or May of 2008."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Sherk#Lightweight_championship.3B_controversy

Bentley
I forgot to mention S.H.I.E.L.D. that cannot keep anyone locked in.

King_Mungi
I don't want to watch it either... and Keith pisses me off greatly.

Glad Alexander knocked him out, but then Alexander just recently got knocked out ending his hype for now

Pfft... doesn't mean he can't take someone down...

Still wasn't in his best shape wink

He deserved to lose as bad as he did then.

"I'm from America and I think we're fighters, as a country," Hughes said last week. "I don't see you guys venturing out trying to help the world out, we'll say that."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-ufc19nov19,1,1590170.story?coll=la-headlines-sports
----
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=4d98a252-b9ba-4dab-b319-072df2850390&k=5757

"Who wants to lose to a Canadian in a street fight?"

"Georges is French and the French didn't make war with us. They don't have a real warrior spirit. They don't have any heart. So the fight is going to be easy. Georges is going to give up because of that."

Had me confused there, with the 'shifty' smiley and all...
I don't like pubic hair... and I wanted to see GSP KO his ass hard. sad

I'm so clever shifty

He's annoying and his fight against Sanchez?...just awful, certainly wasn't anything to brag abut.

NiņoAraņa
American Eagle is awesome.

Mr. Slippyfist
Glad Alexander knocked him out, but then Alexander just recently got knocked out ending his hype for now Alexander kind of pissed me off with his 'holier than thou' attitude.

Glad he got beat... but at least he demolished Keith.

Still wasn't in his best shape wink Perhaps. Although, I still see Wandy failing to take him down. erm
I mean, why would he try if he's seen better than him failing to do so?

"I'm from America and I think we're fighters, as a country," Hughes said last week. "I don't see you guys venturing out trying to help the world out, we'll say that."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-ufc19nov19,1,1590170.story?coll=la-headlines-sports
----
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=4d98a252-b9ba-4dab-b319-072df2850390&k=5757

"Who wants to lose to a Canadian in a street fight?"

"Georges is French and the French didn't make war with us. They don't have a real warrior spirit. They don't have any heart. So the fight is going to be easy. Georges is going to give up because of that." Dirty bastard!

He must feel like a total douchebag. I mean, he's probably watching the tapes of his fight, and thinking about his comments...

I'm so clever shifty

He's annoying and his fight against Sanchez?...just awful, certainly wasn't anything to brag abut. Boring as f*ck.
I wish there would have been more time when Sanchez had his back.

Or, I wish Drew would have came in and kicked his head again... shifty

Shang Chi

redhotrash
On the UFC topic, I'll say that Matt Hughs' spirit seems to be broken, and I wouldnt expect much more out of him in the future. As for Chuck, I think his lifestyle is starting to catch up with him. Hes no spring chicken anymore, and you can only have so many world class fights with a beer gut...

Back to comics...

Thanos: Good call here. He was a top tier character and gets taken out by a sucker punch from a character no one has ever cared about..

Juggernaut: How the hell did he get BFR'ed by a lake? It shouldve taken maybe 30 seconds for him to stop running, turn around, and jump out. Shameful.

Sabretooth: Taken out in a minor storyline. Way to crap on a classic villain, F-U Marvel.

Eddie Brock: See Sabretooth.

Ion: Good call here as well. It reminded me of a heavy weight boxing fight where 1 guy (Ion) gets a 20 minute long introduction with fireworks and a hypemachine running full force only to be knocked the hell out in the first round.

Rogue: Seems like in the last 4 or so Story arcs, every major badguy has been immune to her powers. Real shame since she was once my favorite X-Character. Now what, shes taken out by a damn bullet...

Mephisto: Was it this year that Black Panther yolked him up and tossed him in the armbar? If not, he still makes the list for this Spider-man fiasco.

mr.smiley

I guess we can add Matt Hughes to the list as GSP handed him a loss pretty easily.

Another is Alpha Flight...as their dead.

Very suprised he didn't use kicks.If you watch when he gets in octagon he does twist his leg though.Maybe it had something to do with it.

Comic wise:

I only bought two comics this year.Someone suggest me some good books to read!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Marvel writers for having Galactus Tied up to a machine. And in his weak state he destroys three star systems but he can't eat earth? WTF.

Marvel writers again. WWH.

Dr. Strange for not being able to cast a spell with his hands broken.
Marvel for creating Xfactor with a team with all the same damned powers.

DC, for that rediculous mess that was SBP and Ion's fight.
DC writers for confusing mxy's powers all in one issue. WHAT THE ****. They can't even keep stuff in continuity with in a single issue.

The GL's for those damned power lvl percentage thingy's. That is the WORST.

Teen Titans. That last storyline Was BOOO. Teen titans from the future was so convoluted and rediculous.

The Justice League's fight with the INjustice gang. I need not say any more about it. Terrible.

Avengers being late all the freaking time.

DS saying Superman is a physical rival of his.

Thanos being killed by ****ing drax. The dummest death EVER for a cosmic threat.

Gecko4lif
On the UFC topic, I'll say that Matt Hughs' spirit seems to be broken, and I wouldnt expect much more out of him in the future. As for Chuck, I think his lifestyle is starting to catch up with him. Hes no spring chicken anymore, and you can only have so many world class fights with a beer gut...

Back to comics...

Thanos: Good call here. He was a top tier character and gets taken out by a sucker punch from a character no one has ever cared about..

Juggernaut: How the hell did he get BFR'ed by a lake? It shouldve taken maybe 30 seconds for him to stop running, turn around, and jump out. Shameful.

Sabretooth: Taken out in a minor storyline. Way to crap on a classic villain, F-U Marvel.

Eddie Brock: See Sabretooth.

Ion: Good call here as well. It reminded me of a heavy weight boxing fight where 1 guy (Ion) gets a 20 minute long introduction with fireworks and a hypemachine running full force only to be knocked the hell out in the first round.

Rogue: Seems like in the last 4 or so Story arcs, every major badguy has been immune to her powers. Real shame since she was once my favorite X-Character. Now what, shes taken out by a damn bullet...

Mephisto: Was it this year that Black Panther yolked him up and tossed him in the armbar? If not, he still makes the list for this Spider-man fiasco.

I thought it was surfer who caught the armbar

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I thought it was surfer who caught the armbar In 2006 or so, Mephisto got the heart rip from BP... I think that's what he's thinking of...

Shang Chi
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Marvel writers for having Galactus Tied up to a machine. And in his weak state he destroys three star systems but he can't eat earth? WTF.

Marvel writers again. WWH.

Dr. Strange for not being able to cast a spell with his hands broken.
Marvel for creating Xfactor with a team with all the same damned powers.

DC, for that rediculous mess that was SBP and Ion's fight.
DC writers for confusing mxy's powers all in one issue. WHAT THE ****. They can't even keep stuff in continuity with in a single issue.

The GL's for those damned power lvl percentage thingy's. That is the WORST.

Teen Titans. That last storyline Was BOOO. Teen titans from the future was so convoluted and rediculous.

The Justice League's fight with the INjustice gang. I need not say any more about it. Terrible.

Avengers being late all the freaking time.

DS saying Superman is a physical rival of his.

Thanos being killed by ****ing drax. The dummest death EVER for a cosmic threat.

So speaks Nver

redhotrash
Sorry, I usually hear the Mephisto and Surfer thing mentioned in the same post, got em mixed up as I was writing.

llagrok
Ion: Sinestro ripping him out of Kyle
Parallax: Sinestro corps defeat
Thor Girl: Getting beaten by the Warbound
Shadow: Wussing out and not killing the Hulk
Greg Pak: World War Hulk
The Sentry: Didn't kill Ultron/Iron Man
Emma Frost: Did Iron Man
Xbox live: Failing around Christmas times
Mom: No Christmas present
Frys electronics: Failing of epic proportions

In 2006 or so, Mephisto got the heart rip from BP... I think that's what he's thinking of...

That was like, 2003 but yeah.

Badabing
Darkseid tripped down the steps and got a Batkick.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Badabing
Darkseid tripped down the steps and got a Batkick.

Spectre Got a Batkick too.

Badabing
Spectre Got a Batkick too. I was thinking of that......The Batkick is no joke! shocklaugh

King Kandy
Wait, what happened in spiderman?

SaintSmurph
The Ultimates...

iceman24567
The Sentry: He should have speed blitz the Hulk to death
Ion: He should have stayed conscious

King_Mungi
Alexander kind of pissed me off with his 'holier than thou' attitude.

Glad he got beat... but at least he demolished Keith.

I smirked watching it, as it gave him a peice of his own medicine. I knew he wouldn't last as watching the Sakura fight he was so physically drained and it was like a minute fight and he could barely talk in the interview. Poor stamina

Many of the ultimate fighters from the show are flippin overated, but they get so many chances. erm

Perhaps. Although, I still see Wandy failing to take him down. erm
I mean, why would he try if he's seen better than him failing to do so?

Well I'm sure there will be a rematch, maybe we will see different.

Well if your getting your head punched in, why not even try?

Dirty bastard!

He must feel like a total douchebag. I mean, he's probably watching the tapes of his fight, and thinking about his comments...

Those quotes were from the second fight, which is still a prick thing to say.

They removed the articles though, but those quotes were from it.

Boring as f*ck.
I wish there would have been more time when Sanchez had his back.

Or, I wish Drew would have came in and kicked his head again... shifty

Why oh why did he not even go for a takedown? As when K-OS took him down Sanchez almost immedately reversed it and took his back, but the round was over. So why wouldn't he try for that? His corner must be filled with idiots

Heh! Would be good to see

Inhuman
Spectre Got a Batkick too.

But spectre is backed by the source. DS should have died, via head explosion. erm

cmack
im thinking darkseid and the sentry, sentry can never recupe from that and darkseid,......well he got punked by batman

UniOmni
Uni........Classic Rogue could do what SMP did, she'd just die in the process.

Mr. Slippyfist
I smirked watching it, as it gave him a peice of his own medicine. I knew he wouldn't last as watching the Sakura fight he was so physically drained and it was like a minute fight and he could barely talk in the interview. Poor stamina

Many of the ultimate fighters from the show are flippin overated, but they get so many chances. erm
Yup.

Forest Griffin comes to mind... he beats a Shogun fighting like ass cream... and now he's coaching, alongside Rampage, who he's going to fight later?

Nevermind the fact Rampage is fighting like a God now-a-days... but for some reason Forest is put alongside him as a comparison...

Hell, Rogan said Forest was one of the best in the world after that fight. no expression

Well I'm sure there will be a rematch, maybe we will see different.

Well if your getting your head punched in, why not even try? Hopefully...

Cause he was too tired? Plus, by that time, Chuck was the one going for takedowns, and I'm going to watch the fight again to see if Wandy tried one.
Ah... Wandy tried the guillotine on Chuck, but was put on his back. smile

Those quotes were from the second fight, which is still a prick thing to say.

They removed the articles though, but those quotes were from it.
Yup. Especially since he was outclassed in the first one before the 'bar'.

Why oh why did he not even go for a takedown? As when K-OS took him down Sanchez almost immedately reversed it and took his back, but the round was over. So why wouldn't he try for that? His corner must be filled with idiots

Heh! Would be good to see I think he might have tried...
Not sure. But he did think he turned into Roy Jones after he KO'ed Riggs. Might have been why. erm
Still, shitface should have taken him down... just so we'd see Sanchez choke him out.

Yup.

xmarksthespot
Little Britney Spears is prego? For shame Little Britney, for shame.

Inhuman
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Little Britney Spears is prego? For shame Little Britney, for shame.

She should quit smoking

Mr. Slippyfist
Also fungi (tee-hee), I counted 4 kicks for sure from Wandy in the last round alone... as I didn't watch the other two rounds (5 minutes ago)... and watched the third while watching 'Friends'. So it might have been more than that...

lolattheedit
Wrthful Dwarf, he got owned and made to look like a hypocrite.

redhotrash
I guess you could add like 20+ names on here, who all couldnt stop a weakend SBP when fighting him at the same time. Damn he had a good year...

Mr. Slippyfist
9 leg kicks in the first two rounds, and a knee... while watching 'Friends', from Wandy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.