possible "THE STAND" Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tylerTOXICITY
Yes, Stephen kings greatest novel turned into a movie...AGAIN.
But don't worry It looks awesome.

I heard it will be starring 'Keanu Reeves'
Lol.

No RELIABLE information yet.
But will post ASAP

ragesRemorse
I just watched the stand again a few days ago. I forgot how terrible the cast was. There really is some poor acting in that series. Even still, it is entertaining. I was thinking that if there was ever a King movie deserving of a remake it would be The Stand. It would most definitely have to be a television series. I would like to see HBO take over production of this story because there is great potential for this story. A three hour movie would not be enough for the story. It would be like trying to make the gunslinger series into a four hour movie. I would really like to see this remake

It has been far to long since we have had a Stephen king movie event. Nightmares and dreamscapes was ok, but i yearn for another seven part movie event like It, Storm of the century, the Shining and the Stand.

tylerTOXICITY
I thought a new great sK movie was infact, "Desperation"

NormaBates
Well all i can say is that the original reaaaaally could use a remake!

Evil Dead
I didn't even know they made a "The Stand" movie. All I've ever seen is the ABC mini-series. That took 2 weeks. How long was "The Stand" movie? It had to suck. There's no way to fit a 20 hr story into a 2 hr film and have it turn out decent.

Deano
the mini series is the movie they are refering too

tylerTOXICITY
Yup, but you can buy the mini series on a dvd format.
Ot illegally download it lol1

roughrider
Keanu Reeves as Randall Flagg? I hope they're kidding.

And I hope this is a movie, because we've already done the miniseries version of this. As a 3-hour movie it can be at its most scary & explicit. And that text can be whittled down; King can take two to three pages to write what someone else can do in one.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by roughrider

. As a 3-hour movie it can be at its most scary & explicit. And that text can be whittled down

No, it really cant and it would just be a fvcking waste to even attempt

twizzlestyx2008
The miniseries did leave a lot to be desired. The book would be impossible to duplicate, but I'd be really interested in finding out what kind of cast they're going to assemble. Not sure about Keanu Reeves though, that sounds a bit off. I don't see a pretty boy actor like him suitable for a role like that.

ragesRemorse
im still wondering why the mist caught no attention. Although, the ending felt out of place, i thought it was a great monster movie

Evil Dead
Originally posted by roughrider
Keanu Reeves as Randall Flagg? I hope they're kidding.

And I hope this is a movie, because we've already done the miniseries version of this. As a 3-hour movie it can be at its most scary & explicit. And that text can be whittled down; King can take two to three pages to write what someone else can do in one.

plot aside, with such a roster of characters it would be impossible to have any character development at all in a movie. As if defining these characters weren't enough of a challenge, you have to track the movements of all of these characters through the story.........it can't be done.

celestialdemon
I don't know why they haven't made a movie of The Talisman yet.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I don't know why they haven't made a movie of The Talisman yet.

i've often wondered that as well

Chex
I'm not sure if this could work as a movie or not. Possibly split up into multiple films though, yes.

tylerTOXICITY
sorry about the information, As i had some and my dad delted it off the computer, now i cant find it D:

i'm sure WIKI wont let us down smile

jason maddox
I'd love to see a remake of The Stand which is my favorite book and the original movie had it's flaws but I still like it. I do agree it should be done by HBO because they'll actually put the money it deserves into it and make it good. I also heard somewhere they're doing a movie version of Cell but I'm not looking forward to it since I heard Eli Roth was at the helm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.