Supes vs. WW with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SupremeMan
The twist is that, for whatever reasons, they both temporarily lose all their powers. They are reduced to what they would be as humans. Wonder Woman does NOT have her magical devices. No lasso or tiara or bracelets or anything.

This is purely hand-to-hand. With her amazon training, making it a sword fight or weapons in general would give her way too much advantage. So no powers, unarmed combat.

Bentley
Supes get raped, Batman would be a better match.

nimbus006
Yea im gonna say WW is a more skilled h2h combatant than Superman. We would basically see what Happenned to Clark in Superman II at that little diner...lol

horrorwolf
Wonderwoman 10/10

Superman is a wuss without his abilities....and does not adapt well without them.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Here's a clue, Wondy without any abilities was able to momentarily hold off captain Nazi until she could change into Wonder Woman.

starlock
WW for an easy win

endrict
Originally posted by starlock
WW for an easy win

Kutulu
WW for the win.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Bentley

That's pretty much my opinion too. Supes would get annihilated in this kind of fight. The opinion on that looks unanimous so far. I largely wanted to see what people would say. The Batman idea is a good one. I think I'll do that thread.

Soljer
Wonder Woman wins.

Batman-Prime

I don't doubt he would mind being raped by WW embarrasment

Anyway

WW

guy222
Diana

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Wonderwoman 10/10

Superman is a wuss without his abilities....and does not adapt well without them.

I agree

BUSTER1
Powerless Wonder Woman for an easy win-it would be like me going up against female karate champion-I bet Superman wouldn't mind being raped afterwards, though

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by BUSTER1
Powerless Wonder Woman for an easy win-it would be like me going up against female karate champion-I bet Superman wouldn't mind being raped afterwards, though

Then it wouldn't be rape would it?

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Then it wouldn't be rape would it? He doesn't have to consent, even if he wants to.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SaintSmurph
He doesn't have to consent, even if he wants to.

laughing out loud

Allankles
I think Supes manhandles her, eventually after taking a bit of a beating. Here's the thing. Wonderwoman without powers, without weapons would be a strong woman with martial arts training.

Superman is still physically stronger (remember he's a brawny farmboy and is pretty big) and can brawl a bit. Wonder woman without powers would be less than Bruce, less than Canary, less than Robin or Batwoman. Or am I applying too much reality into this?

Without her powers a strong man could easily ko wonderwoman. All Superman has to do is force the fight real close and try and apply his greater strength on the fight, the moment he starts tossing the less than 170 pound wonderwoman around, he wins.

cmack
Originally posted by Allankles
I think Supes manhandles her, eventually after taking a bit of a beating. Here's the thing. Wonderwoman without powers, without weapons would be a strong woman with martial arts training.

Superman is still physically stronger (remember he's a brawny farmboy and is pretty big) and can brawl a bit. Wonder woman without powers would be less than Bruce, less than Canary, less than Robin or Batwoman. Or am I applying too much reality into this?

Without her powers a strong man could easily ko wonderwoman. All Superman has to do is force the fight real close and try and apply his greater strength on the fight, the moment he starts tossing the less than 170 pound wonderwoman around, he wins. my thoughts exactly, clark is a big 6'2" and 225 lbs, he is much stronger in human form

Grinning Goku

SupremeMan

Without her powers a strong man could easily ko wonderwoman. All Superman has to do is force the fight real close and try and apply his greater strength on the fight, the moment he starts tossing the less than 170 pound wonderwoman around, he wins.

Actually, I'd say you're moving it further away from reality.

I'm a big guy and I take Aikido. One of my instructors is a woman who is a 5th degree black belt and has the mentality to use her skills. I have no illusions about what would happen if I attacked her for real (discounting a total sucker punch and maybe even then). There are just too many jointlocks and moves where strength doesn't mean squat.

Wonder Woman is the greatest warrior from a race of warriors. Her without powers vs. Superman without powers is the equivalent of an 8th degree black belt going up against a guy with some basic self-defense training and big muscles. His strength doesn't mean shit compared to how much greater her skills are.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by SupremeMan

I'm a big guy and I take Aikido. One of my instructors is a woman who is a 5th degree black belt and has the mentality to use her skills. I have no illusions about what would happen if I attacked her for real (discounting a total sucker punch and maybe even then). There are just too many jointlocks and moves where strength doesn't mean squat.

Wonder Woman is the greatest warrior from a race of warriors. Her without powers vs. Superman without powers is the equivalent of an 8th degree black belt going up against a guy with some basic self-defense training and big muscles. His strength doesn't mean shit compared to how much greater her skills are.

I watched once an an TV Show where some fighters fought in an cage or somthing simillar. There was an Karate master, oh an he was quite big and seemed pretty fit, his opponent was an even bigger, bald guy with some kind of badass expression in his face. The fight took about 10 seconds though, the bald guy threw himself over the Karatemaster who was pushed to the ground before he could defend himself. The Karatemaster (yeah he had an black belt and his own school) was on the ground, after the first headnut he already bleeded then the bald guy kept on hitting him in the face with his ellbow till the Karatemaster gave up.

RL Martial Arts are way overrated, these days. But Diana's art of fighting isn't like the stupid Martial Arts today, she fights like the Warriors used to fight in our past, they are teached how to kill an bigger and stronger opponent.

WW wins this one.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by cmack
my thoughts exactly, clark is a big 6'2" and 225 lbs, he is much stronger in human form

6' 3" smile

Allankles
Originally posted by SupremeMan

I don't mean to shit on your perceptions on real fighting, but many martial artists have admitted that in life or death struggles (screw the controlled environments of dojos) martial arts technique goes out the window and is replaced with primal instinct.

If you don't have natural fighting talent and instict, you usually find yourself in trouble in such situations.

There are so many ways an undisciplined brawler can decide to attack you, that so many of the specific techniques you learn in aikido probably wouldn't count for much. And seriously, I've done boxing training and if I'm stronger and have a considerable weight advantage over a skilled woman, it's very likely that I'll take her out.

Truth be told I'm making this too realistic. I mean in the comic world a martial artist with gadgets (Batman) can survive encounters with superhumans. So Wonderwoman beats Supes in that setting, in the real world Superman probably manhandles her eventually.

In real life its very hard for a smaller weaker woman to knock out a physically fit and strong male without weapons. That's why most women have to learn self defense techniques that are more passive, because they lack the size and brute strength necessary to beat larger assailants.

SupremeMan
I don't mean to shit on your perceptions on real fighting, but many martial artists have admitted that in life or death struggles (screw the controlled environments of dojos) martial arts technique goes out the window and is replaced with primal instinct.

If you don't have natural fighting talent and instict, you usually find yourself in trouble in such situations.

There are so many ways an undisciplined brawler can decide to attack you, that so many of the specific techniques you learn in aikido probably wouldn't count for much. And seriously, I've done boxing training and if I'm stronger and have a considerable weight advantage over a skilled woman, it's very likely that I'll take her out.

Truth be told I'm making this too realistic. I mean in the comic world a martial artist with gadgets (Batman) can survive encounters with superhumans. So Wonderwoman beats Supes in that setting, in the real world Superman probably manhandles her eventually.

In real life its very hard for a smaller weaker woman to knock out a physically fit and strong male without weapons. That's why most women have to learn self defense techniques that are more passive, because they lack the size and brute strength necessary to beat larger assailants.

Oh I know that for most people, they say that at least 50% of their skills go out the window in a real fight. But it doesn't apply to everybody. You take the best martial artists in the world against the strongest powerlifters and its going to be a sweep for the martial artists IF they are people used to fighting for real.

I'm told by a guy that was there that one thing he was always told when he was in Korea was, "Whatever you do, don't even try to go hand to hand with those little bastards. Just pull your gun and shoot them." That was apparently because of the hand to hand training in the Korean military.

Yes I know you are right about training in a dojo or even a boxing gym versus the ways and seriousness whith which you'll be attacked real life. Even one of my instructors, who has been attacked real life twice and succesfully used his skills, admits that most students would not be able to do that. The question is, what is Wonder Woman's mentality? Is she a person used to using her fighting skills in real situations, not just in practice? Yes. Is she one of those people that won't panic and lose 50% of her skills when its for real? The way she's written, I'd say she won't panic and lose her skills.

Regarding aikido, it tends to go for methods that don't involve punching and kicking and goes for more passive methods. A bigger person definitely still had an advantage but, whenn there is a drastic diffeernce in skill levels with the far more skilled person being smaller, it really comes down to whether someone is a person who will use their skills and not let their instincts override them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.