Be Kind Rewind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

arob
This trailer looks terrific. I loved Jack Black in School of Rock and I'm a big fan of Moss Def's attempts to change America from the ground up...

This could be the best comedy of 2008. Even the website looks amazingly original (the internet is erased and your fav sites have been 'sweded').

I don't know much about Moss Def but I've learned that on September 7, 2007, Mos Def appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher where he spoke about racism against African Americans citing the government response to Hurricane Katrina, the Jena Six and the murder conviction of Mumia Abu-Jamal. Somehow that makes him even funnier to me - to know that he has a serious side and is passionate about his beliefs... passionate enough to speak out against the Bush Administration and publicly accuse them of being behind the 2001 Terror Attacks. (His rap song "Bin Laden" in 2004 blamed the Reagan Doctrine and President George W. Bush for the September 11, 2001 attacks. A club remix song, featuring Eminem, was released the following year, in 2005.)

SelphieT
Yeah, I'm totally looking forward to this.

Reverend Axel
Anything with Mos Def deserves a look.
Anything with Jack Black deserves to be given awards

Impediment
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
Anything with Mos Def deserves a look.
Anything with Jack Black deserves to be given awards

crylaugh

arob
Any idea why they keep pushing th release date on this movie - I can't help wondering if it has something to do with Jack Black and the Acadmey Awards

aciam
i've read the plot of this comedy film and it's pretty interesting. i'm looking forward to see this in theater

SnakeEyes
I'm getting a good vibe from this movie, I think it'll be funny.

Anyone else think it's strange that Michael Gondry is doing a straight-up comedy?

aciam
i'm expecting a lot from Jack Black

regina414
The plot is great. This is a must-see film for me, especially that the good ol' Jack Black is in it.

Mairuzu
cant wait big grin

psychokandy
looks fantastic. i saw a preview for it when i went to see In Bruges. Seems like a great concept for a film and the fact that jack Black is in it makes it even better. i saw Orange County on tv last week...f'n hilarious. One of Black's best. big grin

Mairuzu
With vMichael Gondry Directing it'll be great!

he did eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and science of sleep, and i love both of those movies

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'm getting a good vibe from this movie, I think it'll be funny.

Anyone else think it's strange that Michael Gondry is doing a straight-up comedy?

I agree- the concept for this movie is so funny that it seems like a can't miss- esp. with those involved (but we've been burned before)... I can't imagine that it going to be a truly "straight-up" comedy, Gondry just has such a unique and personal style... I guess we just have to wait and see.

Discos
yeah it looks goooood. I saw an advert for it about 2 weeks ago and it looked rubbish, but I saw a different trailer for it yesterday and it looks a complete different movie.

The whole ghostbuster thing looks funny as shit.

ragesRemorse
This is one parody movie that i am actually excited to see

Ax3l
Its an original idea. Not too many original movies coming out lately.

Cory Chaos
I definately want to see this, seeing as how I was one of apparently few people that slept on "The Science of Sleep" only to love it when I saw it. Gondry is full of originality, you guys should see "Human Nature" sometime.

roughrider
I continue to think the premise is silly & far-fetched.
And I'm not sure how good Michel Gondry's films are, when he's not working with Charlie Kaufman.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Ax3l
Its an original idea. Not too many original movies coming out lately.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by roughrider
I continue to think the premise is silly & far-fetched.

Isnt that the point? confused

Darth Vicious
This actually looks pretty funny. That Boyz in the Hood "movie" looks funny!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.