Silver Surfer (amped) vs. Galactus (moderately fed)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Silver Surfer w/ Power and Space gems

vs.

Galactus in a moderately fed state (not hungry)

Surfer has full working knowledge of both gems.

He is also fighting for the fate of Earth. If he doesn't stop Galactus Earth is doomed. This means he will do anything within his power in order stop him.

Do it...

Bentley
Surfer shits stomp him.

Utrigita
My thoughts too, the power gem functioning at it's full use is IMO the one that tips the scall totally in Surfers favor.

Kutulu
Hmm I was thinking Galactus until I saw "full working knowledge".

Surfer in a stomp. Power gem amps the space gem, Silver Surfer could exist everywhere at once or nowhere at once if he wanted. Top it off with the power gem, which can be used to enhance his power or drain Galactus of power, and the fight becomes a one-sided battle in favor of the Surfer.

Priest
Galactus ftw

Kutulu
Originally posted by Priest
Galactus ftw

How? Full working knowledge of the Power Gem means he could drain Galactus of his energy reserves instantly. Full working knowledge of the Space Gem, with the Power Gem to amp it infinitely, means he could literally exist nowhere in space and still affect Galactus with the Power Gem, or simply duplicate several million of himself to attack Galactus at once.

batdude123
Has anybody actually attained "full working knowledge" of the power gem alone? Meaning, the use of it without it being included in the Infinity Gauntlet? The real question is: Do we even know what the full capability of the power gem is (alone... and used by somebody who has complete mastery over it)?

Theoretically, the power gem can give the user an unlimited supply of raw power. With "full working knowledge" of the power gem, who's to say that Surfer doesn't own the shit out of Galactus?

Utrigita
Originally posted by batdude123
Has anybody actually attained "full working knowledge" of the power gem alone? Meaning, the use of it without it being included in the Infinity Gauntlet? The real question is: Do we even know what the full capability of the power gem is (alone... and used by somebody who has complete mastery over it)?

Theoretically, the power gem can give the user an unlimited supply of raw power. With "full working knowledge" of the power gem, who's to say that Surfer doesn't own the shit out of Galactus?

Surfer speculated on the Power Gem that it used to it's full functionality with a stray thought from the Champion would destroy galaxies.

Also I was under the impression that you could control all powers and amp you own power attacks practically infinitely.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Kutulu
Full working knowledge of the Space Gem, with the Power Gem to amp it infinitely, means he could literally exist nowhere in space and still affect Galactus with the Power Gem, or simply duplicate several million of himself to attack Galactus at once.

That is exactly what i was trying to see if someone would acknowledge... how much more does the power gem amp the space gem? What is the difference if i replace the power gem with the reality gem for example?

batdude123
Originally posted by Utrigita
Surfer speculated on the Power Gem that it used to it's full functionality with a stray thought from the Champion would destroy galaxies.

Also I was under the impression that you could control all powers and amp you own power attacks practically infinitely.

Exactly! We've only seen the power gem used by guys such as Champion, Drax, and a bloodlusted Thor. Not exactly the most brilliant of minds.

We still really don't know the upper echelon of the power gem's capabilities.

guy222
surfer

Utrigita
Then it gets even worse IMO even without the Power Gem Thanos was capable of putting himself outside the influence of Eternity, and is capable of duplicating many of the feats that would normally require more then one Gem and then add the full power of that reality gem to the space gem. Galactus will never get a shot in.

Utrigita
Exactly! We've only seen the power gem used by guys such as Champion, Drax, and a bloodlusted Thor. Not exactly the most brilliant of minds.

We still really don't know the upper echelon of the power gem's capabilities.

Agreed, but I find it safe to assume that with the power gem Galactus will find himself stripped of the PC very quickly.

Juntai
How do you propose among all your theoreticals that he stops Galactus from snapping his fingers and reverting him back to humanoid?

batdude123
With Surfer possibly becoming even more powerful than his master, I'm not so sure that'd work.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Juntai
How do you propose among all your theoreticals that he stops Galactus from snapping his fingers and reverting him back to humanoid?

The power gem Juntai.

from wiki

The Power Gem It contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, backs the other gems and boosts their effects. It allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible, and therefore unbeatable, when using raw power alone.

nimbus006

Surfer is "Humanoid", but i understand what u mean. smile

starlock
Surfer for the win

Juntai
Originally posted by nimbus006
Surfer is "Humanoid", but i understand what u mean. smile Didn't I write humanoid?

nimbus006
Didn't I write humanoid?

You wrote "reverting him back to humanoid". I simply stated he already is humanoid therefore, he can't be reverted BACK to a state he is currently in. You probably meant revert him back to powerless Norrin Radd, correct?

Juntai
You wrote "reverting him back to humanoid". I simply stated he already is humanoid therefore, he can't be reverted BACK to a state he is currently in. You probably meant revert him back to powerless Norrin Radd, correct? Ah. I see.
High five.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The power gem Juntai.

from wiki

The Power Gem It contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, backs the other gems and boosts their effects. It allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible, and therefore unbeatable, when using raw power alone.

IF the power gem were as powerful as you make it out to be, then thanos would have had no need for the other gems. The power gem only gives the user a steadily rizing ceiling of power. Or an unexaustable lvl of thier current power.

nimbus006
Ah. I see.
High five.

LOL Im just nit picking... stick out tongue

Utrigita
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
IF the power gem were as powerful as you make it out to be, then thanos would have had no need for the other gems. The power gem only gives the user a steadily rizing ceiling of power. Or an unexaustable lvl of thier current power.

Well it is when it's being used to it's full functionality however we have never seen it therefore from my point of view it is all speculation on what it could do since the guys who have had it in there possesion isn't exactly extremely intelligent ore having the Cosmic Awarness and haven't used it correctly the reality gem ore soul gem is a entire different story.

btw a scan that can cast a little ligth on the power gem.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2078/thor47012mg6.jpg
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5564/thor47013iq8.jpg

And thor is a noob in using it, and is affected by Warrior Madness.

Mr. Slippyfist
Galactus shit stomps him. srsly.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well it is when it's being used to it's full functionality however we have never seen it therefore from my point of view it is all speculation on what it could do since the guys who have had it in there possesion isn't exactly extremely intelligent ore having the Cosmic Awarness and haven't used it correctly the reality gem ore soul gem is a entire different story.

btw a scan that can cast a little ligth on the power gem.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2078/thor47012mg6.jpg
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5564/thor47013iq8.jpg

And thor is a noob in using it, and is affected by Warrior Madness.

That scans doesn't prove that the gem grants infinite power tho. He simply reverses thier power back upon them. Quasar has done that before.

Kutulu
We have seen the Power Gem amp the other gems - it was called the "Infinity Gauntlet". Has nobody here heard of it? <sarcasm>

Full use of a gem combined with the Power Gem means they can use that one gem to it's full potential, which is multiversal in power. Period.

nvrbeenwthagirl
We have seen the Power Gem amp the other gems - it was called the "Infinity Gauntlet". Has nobody here heard of it? <sarcasm>

Full use of a gem combined with the Power Gem means they can use that one gem to it's full potential, which is multiversal in power. Period.

YEs we know the power gem can Amp ANOTHER gem infinitly. Keep up.

Kutulu
YEs we know the power gem can Amp ANOTHER gem infinitly. Keep up.

Ok - and Surfer starts off here with the space gem. Keep up.

Juntai
So, Galactus takes the cosmic power back from Surfer, now he's just Norrin with two gems- what does he do?

Kutulu
So, Galactus takes the cosmic power back from Surfer, now he's just Norrin with two gems- what does he do?

First off - Power gem = infinite control of power. Literally infinite. Space gem literally gives you the ability to exist nowhere at once. Thanos demonstrated this ability already, it's on-panel and it's canon. What can Galactus do to someone that's not there? Surfer likewise can literally make as many copies of himself as he wanted. Thanos also demonstrated this when he was toying with Surfer after he got the gems.

He was showing, on-panel, what each of the gems could do by themselves. So galactus removes the power cosmic from one copy of a billion Silver Surfers, so what? Power Cosmic is meaningless when you have full knowledge of the Power Gem. With full knowledge of the Power Gem, you are power incarnate. The Power Gem allows both removal of power from someone, and grants infinite power to the wielder. To top it off, as shown in the Keeper saga, Silver Surfer was able to gain his silver skin and cosmic abilities with training after Galactus had removed them. Such a task would be child's play to someone with the full knowledge of the gem.

Mr. Slippyfist
The Space Gem grants teleportion usually without the use of the full IG. erm

And comparing what Thanos can do with Gems, compared to anyone else is rather blunt. erm

Juntai
First off - Power gem = infinite control of power. Literally infinite. Space gem literally gives you the ability to exist nowhere at once. Thanos demonstrated this ability already, it's on-panel and it's canon. What can Galactus do to someone that's not there? Surfer likewise can literally make as many copies of himself as he wanted. Thanos also demonstrated this when he was toying with Surfer after he got the gems.

He was showing, on-panel, what each of the gems could do by themselves. So galactus removes the power cosmic from one copy of a billion Silver Surfers, so what? Power Cosmic is meaningless when you have full knowledge of the Power Gem. With full knowledge of the Power Gem, you are power incarnate. The Power Gem allows both removal of power from someone, and grants infinite power to the wielder. To top it off, as shown in the Keeper saga, Silver Surfer was able to gain his silver skin and cosmic abilities with training after Galactus had removed them. Such a task would be child's play to someone with the full knowledge of the gem. Well if you're going to make shit up, I don't see how he's beatable at all.

Stop using hyperbole and stories that aren't part of current continuity to as a backbone, it makes for better debating.

Galactus giveth power cosmic, and he takes it away.

Now what does Norrin with his two gems do?

Are you suggesting that he just waltzes in and absorbs Galactus?

Mr. Slippyfist
Galactus eats Surfer.

Galactus connects once with an attack meant to kill Surfer, and Surfer dies.

Etc.

Really, the only thing Surfer can do in this fight, is attack to no effect, and run away. Both horrible options in this fight. You might as well have just given him the Space Gem.

Kutulu
Well if you're going to make shit up, I don't see how he's beatable at all.

Stop using hyperbole and stories that aren't part of current continuity to as a backbone, it makes for better debating.

Galactus giveth power cosmic, and he takes it away.

Now what does Norrin with his two gems do?

Are you suggesting that he just waltzes in and absorbs Galactus?

I am not making shit up as you put it.

Re-read the Infinity Gauntlet Saga. Thanos clearly demonstrates what he can do with the individual gems. It is on-panel and it is canon. Silver Surfers' existing powers are moot when he has full use of the power and space gems. To top it off, read the Keeper saga - it shows that Silver Surfer was able to gain his powers back after Galactus had taken them away. I will dig up some scans shortly.

Mr. Slippyfist

Re-read the Infinity Gauntlet Saga. Thanos clearly demonstrates what he can do with the individual gems. It is on-panel and it is canon. Silver Surfers' existing powers are moot when he has full use of the power and space gems. To top it off, read the Keeper saga - it shows that Silver Surfer was able to gain his powers back after Galactus had taken them away. I will dig up some scans shortly. When they are all together...

The Keeper saga... alternate reality. Training by the Watcher. And an assload of time to spare. erm

Mindship
Silva Soifa fuh duh win...but then he feels badly about it and takes Galactus shopping for a nice suit.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
When they are all together...

The Keeper saga... alternate reality. Training by the Watcher. And an assload of time to spare. erm

Thanos showed what the gems could do individually before he showed what they can all do together. It will take me a while to dig up the scans, I will post them later.

Juntai

Re-read the Infinity Gauntlet Saga. Thanos clearly demonstrates what he can do with the individual gems. It is on-panel and it is canon. Silver Surfers' existing powers are moot when he has full use of the power and space gems. To top it off, read the Keeper saga - it shows that Silver Surfer was able to gain his powers back after Galactus had taken them away. I will dig up some scans shortly. I won't require scans, I've read the arcs.

The Keeper is an alternate reality. Not part of current continuity.
Even so, I'm doubting he's doing to do that mid-fight.

Juntai
When they are all together...

The Keeper saga... alternate reality. Training by the Watcher. And an assload of time to spare. erm bingo.

Utrigita
That scans doesn't prove that the gem grants infinite power tho. He simply reverses thier power back upon them. Quasar has done that before.

Not but it shows that the gem is capable in the hand of a noob to reverse/control (whatever you like) the energies released from Warlock and Doctor Strange now I know that these two isn't comparable to Galactus in damageoutput but neither would Thor's knowlegde about the gem in comparison to what surfer would know about it. I doesn't see Galactus getting a single attack in because surfer can either drain the PC directly from him ore simply direct all Galactus attacks back at him.

And the Gem grants infinite power

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ig40yf.jpg

Also all Doctor Strange attacks in the infinite sage with Warlock having the IG Strange gets owned by the Power Gem alone.

Kutulu
I won't require scans, I've read the arcs.

The Keeper is an alternate reality. Not part of current continuity.
Even so, I'm doubting he's doing to do that mid-fight.

Leaving out the Keeper then, Silver Surfer can still literally exist everywhere or nowhere in space that he wants to with simply the Power Gem and the Space Gem.

People think that the space gem is simply for teleportation - this is wrong. That is the most basic use of it. Look at what Rune did with just a single gem - the Time gem - and no others, with full understanding of it. He literally froze time throughout all of universe-616 at once. That's universe level power, with just a single gem and understanding of it.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thanos showed what the gems could do individually before he showed what they can all do together. It will take me a while to dig up the scans, I will post them later. I know. However, the Gems seem to work better in unison, than alone.

I don't need scans. I know almost all of Thanos's feats off the top of my head... and I have the comics.

Anyway, how exactly is Surfer going to beat Galactus?

Kutulu
I know. However, the Gems seem to work better in unison, than alone.

I don't need scans. I know almost all of Thanos's feats off the top of my head... and I have the comics.

Anyway, how exactly is Surfer going to beat Galactus?

O.P. stipulated that he has full working knowledge of the gems. Meaning it's not like the Elders who had no idea what they did other than the side effects.

Full knowledge of the individual gems has been demonstrated several times - by Thanos, by Adam Warlock, and by Rune - they all showed what individual gems can do. Since you don't need scans, you should know what I'm referring to with the space gem.

The reason that the gems work better in unison is due to their abilities to enhance the user's awareness of space, time, etc. and the power gem to back it up. The power gem is the foundation of the other gems. With full knowledge of the power gem alone, surfer could easily drain all of Galactus' energy instantly.

Mr. Slippyfist
O.P. stipulated that he has full working knowledge of the gems. Meaning it's not like the Elders who had no idea what they did other than the side effects.

Full knowledge of the individual gems has been demonstrated several times - by Thanos, by Adam Warlock, and by Rune - they all showed what individual gems can do. Since you don't need scans, you should know what I'm referring to with the space gem.

The reason that the gems work better in unison is due to their abilities to enhance the user's awareness of space, time, etc. and the power gem to back it up. The power gem is the foundation of the other gems. With full knowledge of the power gem alone, surfer could easily drain all of Galactus' energy instantly. Of course.

I know what you're referring to. And the Rune thing was shit. He got beat by Surfer...

Even then. The Power Gem alone is not enough to beat Abstracts... at least what's been depicted of it.

Unless of course, we're using feats from Thanos fighting the Abstracts as proof as to what Surfer will do...

Kutulu
Of course.

I know what you're referring to. And the Rune thing was shit. He got beat by Surfer...

Even then. The Power Gem alone is not enough to beat Abstracts... at least what's been depicted of it.

Unless of course, we're using feats from Thanos fighting the Abstracts as proof as to what Surfer will do...

Try reading what I wrote instead of twisting my words.

You said you know the scans. Go look up the scan where Thanos appears in multiple places at once and says he can be anywhere or nowhere.

Bentley
Full-knowledge of the gems and Galactus just well fed makes this a shitstomp. Galactus fullpowered is still not a multiversal power, but suppose he can absorb the unlimited power of the gem with his best power: Hunger. He would stalemate at best picking everything Surfer throws at him. This is not just Surfer with the gems, he master them to full potential.

Galan cannot win this.

Kutulu
Examples of what knowledge of only the power gem alone can do (thanks Galan)
Originally posted by Galan007
In order to impress Mistress Death, Thanos decided to give the Universes heroes a chance for victory. So Thanos cut himself off from the Time, Space, Reality, Mind, and Soul Gems. This left him with only the energies of the Power Gem:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8798/ig5dn8.th.jpg

Thanos owned and utterly destroyed Quasar /w/ the Quantum Bands...... Using ONLY the Power Gem:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6964/ig6ys4.th.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1736/ig7jp2.th.jpg

Thanos turned Wolvies "indestructible" Adamantium skeleton into rubber evil face....... Using ONLY the Power Gem:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5293/ig8jr3.th.jpg

Thanos easily shattered Captain America's "indestructible" shield......... Using ONLY the Power Gem:
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5711/ig9gx0.th.jpg

Kutulu
Space gem explained:
http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ig21sb.jpg

Thanos states: "I can be everywhere or nowhere."

Kutulu
Dr. Strange admits all of his artifacts mean nothing against the Power Gem alone:
Ok, people were asking for proof that Warlock (using ONLY the power Gem) owned Dr. Strange, so here ya go...

Dr. Strange says:

"The Power Gem-- Repository of sheer, raw might, which can litterally do almost anything."

"Against it, NONE of my vaunted Talismans could stand.":
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2024/ig2vl.th.jpg

"But knowing in advance that Warlock possessed it, I had arranged for ALL my Talismans to acts together to counteract it."

"An outpouring of power, against power which would lay waste to many a world, if any were near at hand.":
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3659/s6cx9.th.jpg

"Power which even I know almost at once cannot long endure.":
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4613/s7it8.th.jpg

Dr. Strange himself just admitted that the Power Gem alone was too much for him and ALL of his talismans to handle. After this, Strange only survived by pleading with Warlock through the Soul Gem, to spare his life.

Stop the Dr. Strange hype. The guy was pwned with one Infinity Gem. He is less than nothing compared to the IG as a whole.

Mr. Slippyfist
Try reading what I wrote instead of twisting my words.

You said you know the scans. Go look up the scan where Thanos appears in multiple places at once and says he can be anywhere or nowhere. I did. I didn't.

I know... I wasn't acknowledging that, as there's nothing more to say. IMO, if the Gems work as well as they do in unison here, then we'd have perhaps depending on how Surfer feels a couple of Surfers (even though, we don't know what it would take to take that one out). And if Surfer was able to create himself like that with just the Power Gem, and the Space Gem, then so be it. I still can't see what it adds... but whatever.

However, using the Rune thing to try and prove a point is kind of... that story was filled with contradictions. He stops time across the universe, and then with a full Gauntlet, gets his hand blown off by Surfer.

Kutulu
Scan showing what the space gem alone can do.
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer04413sl1.jpg

Doctor-Alvis
Why couldn't Surfer just shoot Galactus in the face with infinite energy?

Kutulu
I did. I didn't.

I know... I wasn't acknowledging that, as there's nothing more to say. IMO, if the Gems work as well as they do in unison here, then we'd have perhaps depending on how Surfer feels a couple of Surfers (even though, we don't know what it would take to take that one out). And if Surfer was able to create himself like that with just the Power Gem, and the Space Gem, then so be it. I still can't see what it adds... but whatever.

However, using the Rune thing to try and prove a point is kind of... that story was filled with contradictions. He stops time across the universe, and then with a full Gauntlet, gets his hand blown off by Surfer.

And so this same Surfer who blew off his hand, amped with infinite energy and in possession of the space gem, being able to appear infinite times, in infinite places, with infinite energy, still loses to Galactus?

Whether you consider the Rune event to be PIS or not, it's still canon that the individual gems hold vast power to someone who knows how to use them. It's also canon that the reasons the other gems become so powerful with the infinity gauntlet is that the power gem amps them to an infinite extent. So yes, with only the space and power gems, Surfer could literally make an infinite amount of copies of himself to fight Galactus if he wanted.

Mr. Slippyfist
And so this same Surfer who blew off his hand, amped with infinite energy and in possession of the space gem, being able to appear infinite times, in infinite places, with infinite energy, still loses to Galactus? no expression

I don't know how to respond to this...

batdude123
no expression

I don't know how to respond to this...

And Slippyfist concedes the victory to Kutulu. 313

Kutulu
Galactus shit stomps him. srsly.

fry

Mr. Slippyfist
And Slippyfist concedes the victory to Kutulu. 313 Well... if he's using Surfer taking off an IG weilder's hand as evidence... no expression

Kutulu
Well... if he's using Surfer taking off an IG weilder's hand as evidence... no expression

You should have used your photographic memory of the entire event to recall that Galactus would get his shit stomped. srsly.. laughing

Mr. Slippyfist
I wonder if this would be a viable option...
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/27jm6.jpg

Mr. Slippyfist
You should have used your photographic memory of the entire event to recall that Galactus would get his shit stomped. srsly.. laughing You proven nothing though... no expression
Except that Surfer can make more of himself.

And somehow he absorbs Galactus's powers...

Plus, if you believe Surfer can take off an IG wielder's hand... then why can't Galactus do the same?

Kutulu
You proven nothing though... no expression
Except that Surfer can make more of himself.

And somehow he absorbs Galactus's powers...

Plus, if you believe Surfer can take off an IG wielder's hand... then why can't Galactus do the same?

I've already posted the scans which you have memorized. You already know in your mind you have lost this argument. Surfer with full working knowledge of the Power Gem would literally one-shot Galactus before he had time to do anything.

This isn't a dumb user of the gem, it's full working knowledge as stipulated in the original post. If Surfer suddenly had the gems and was like "oh let's attack Galactus! DUR!" then yes he would get his shit stomped.

Surfer with full working knowledge? Galactus doesn't stand a chance in hell.

Bentley
Yes Bran give it a brake, I admit that the uber PIS of the shooting off the hand had to be mentioned but he makes a coherent argument for the rest.

Mr. Slippyfist
I've already posted the scans which you have memorized. You already know in your mind you have lost this argument. Surfer with full working knowledge of the Power Gem would literally one-shot Galactus before he had time to do anything.

This isn't a dumb user of the gem, it's full working knowledge as stipulated in the original post. If Surfer suddenly had the gems and was like "oh let's attack Galactus! DUR!" then yes he would get his shit stomped.

Surfer with full working knowledge? Galactus doesn't stand a chance in hell. no expression

Based off of? Unlimited power? Or is it him beating Dr Strange?

Also, the only way that works, is if we are using the Power Gem from a full IG. And if we are using that, then Nebula (who has terrible logic of it), was able to defeat Abstracts with the IG/Power Gem/Blasts. Which makes you wonder... Her knowledge is about as limited as the Elders... and somehow her blasts were able to hold back the Abstracts. Power Gem<<<<Power Gem with other gems based off of what seems to be shown.

Plus, your argument is theoretical. Because A did this with a Time Gem, then B must be able to destroy etc with the Power Gem?

Although, Thanos with the Power Gem was being punched around by heroes... "Was he depowered, or was he just using the Power Gem?" is a question that arrises... but still. erm

Kutulu
I will break it down for you one more time.

Surfer has full working knowledge of both gems.

He is also fighting for the fate of Earth. If he doesn't stop Galactus Earth is doomed. This means he will do anything within his power in order stop him.

Full working knowledge. That means he knows everything the two gems can do, and how to do it.

Power gem alone:
"THE GEM OF POWER: It backs the might of the other five Jewels of Infinity."
This means that he can use the Power Gem to infinitely amp the space gem. INFINITELY.

Examples of what the power gem alone can do:
Ok, people were asking for proof that Warlock (using ONLY the power Gem) owned Dr. Strange, so here ya go...

Dr. Strange says:

"The Power Gem-- Repository of sheer, raw might, which can litterally do almost anything."

"Against it, NONE of my vaunted Talismans could stand.":
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2024/ig2vl.th.jpg

"But knowing in advance that Warlock possessed it, I had arranged for ALL my Talismans to acts together to counteract it."

"An outpouring of power, against power which would lay waste to many a world, if any were near at hand.":
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3659/s6cx9.th.jpg

"Power which even I know almost at once cannot long endure.":
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4613/s7it8.th.jpg

Dr. Strange himself just admitted that the Power Gem alone was too much for him and ALL of his talismans to handle. After this, Strange only survived by pleading with Warlock through the Soul Gem, to spare his life.

Stop the Dr. Strange hype. The guy was pwned with one Infinity Gem. He is less than nothing compared to the IG as a whole.

In order to impress Mistress Death, Thanos decided to give the Universes heroes a chance for victory. So Thanos cut himself off from the Time, Space, Reality, Mind, and Soul Gems. This left him with only the energies of the Power Gem:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8798/ig5dn8.th.jpg

Thanos owned and utterly destroyed Quasar /w/ the Quantum Bands...... Using ONLY the Power Gem:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6964/ig6ys4.th.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1736/ig7jp2.th.jpg

Thanos turned Wolvies "indestructible" Adamantium skeleton into rubber evil face....... Using ONLY the Power Gem:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5293/ig8jr3.th.jpg

Thanos easily shattered Captain America's "indestructible" shield......... Using ONLY the Power Gem:
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5711/ig9gx0.th.jpg

Space gem:
"THE SPACE GEM: Distance becomes a mere intellectual concept. I consider the possibility and I am there. I can be everywhere or nowhere.

Thanos demonstrates the space gem's powers by themselves to Silver Surfer:
"We can be anywhere! We can be everywhere! We can be nowhere!". Backed by the power gem, Surfer can duplicate himself infinite times through translocation if he wanted to. Distance holds no meaning.

janus77
unless Galactus can act first and decisively Galactus is dead.

I think Galactus would take this 10/10 against an 'in-character' Surfer as, more likely than not Surfer would be lost in his own thoughts until the battle had well and truly started. whereas Galactus would be aware of him and his threat from the other side of the universe. it's really a weakness of not existing on the scale of Galactus, he has genuine Cosmic Awareness and can read the universe like a book, Surfer is a mere fairground fortuneteller by comparison, blind to the greater reality.

Surfer gets the gems, Galactus warps reality so that Surfer's contained in a coordinate of space without realising it. Galactus then sends out heralds to go back in time and prevent Surfer from obtaining the gems.

if Surfer gets the first shot in, game over for Galactus. Surfer cracks open Galactus' armour and then proceeds to munch down heartily upon the cosmic energies inside.

"in character": Galactus 10/10.
using the gems to maximum potential: Surfer 10/10

Tenebrous

Full working knowledge. That means he knows everything the two gems can do, and how to do it.

Power gem alone:
This means that he can use the Power Gem to infinitely amp the space gem. INFINITELY.

Space gem:
"THE SPACE GEM: Distance becomes a mere intellectual concept. I consider the possibility and I am there. I can be everywhere or nowhere.

"We can be anywhere! We can be everywhere! We can be nowhere!". Backed by the power gem, Surfer can duplicate himself infinite times through translocation if he wanted to. Distance holds no meaning.

To be fair, a moderately fed Galactus>>>>all those heroes combined that fought Thanos with the power gem, so it's not really all that relevant.

King Kandy

Power gem alone:

Space gem:

Except there's a school of thought which says that Thanos didn't only use the power gem... The school of thought which believes what Thanos actually said: That he was cutting himself from the gems sensory imput. AKA he was no longer using cosmic awareness and could be taken by surprise. At NO point does it say that he was only using the power gem.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Tenebrous
To be fair, a moderately fed Galactus>>>>all those heroes combined that fought Thanos with the power gem, so it's not really all that relevant.

Agreed but still the power gem at full working capacity is IMO simply to much to overcome even for Galactus.

Bouboumaster
But what would happen if Galactus take out the power cosmic from SS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.