Petition for a movie versus and movie respect thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
It would be cool to see if the Terminator could take on the Predator, or to give respect to such characters as Simon Phoenix and Tony Montana.

It would do some good to have a movie versus thread and a movie respect thread here. Who agrees with me?

Impediment
I don't. However, I'll let the higher powers know. thumb up

Barker
Just give them their separate VS forum and shut them up.

chillmeistergen
All these Vs. forums are a waste of space and breed scum. Thumbs down from me.

Impediment
I agree that it would keep people from continuously asking, but, in my opinion, it's nothing more than a waste of forum space.

A comic Vs/respect forum? Okay.

A video game Vs/respect forum? Fine.

A movie Vs/Respect forum? All I can say is.........."Why"?

However, if enough people say, "Yes we want one!", then I'll go along with their requests and say "Yes", too.

Takion
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I don't understand how? Its a good idea.

Yes.

Nod

When they don't they breed scum. AkA chillmeistergen.

Impediment
We already have Sci-Fi and Horror Versus Threads in their respectable forums.

What's the next stage we can go to? Ace Ventura: Pet Detective Vs. Johnny Cash?

Respect Roger Rabbit?

I see no point to it, really. If the vote passes, though, I'll mod it all the same, if Raz lets me, that is.

Raz
The usual rules for creating new forums apply:

a) You need the support of a moderator, who is also willing to take the role on.
b) You need to show good support for such an idea.

Impediment
If enough people voice their opinion that they do, indeed, want a Movie Respect/Versus Forum, then I will show support and moderate it if and when it's activated.

However, if only a handful of people speak up and not give valid and poignant reasons as to why, then I won't support it

Like Raz said, guys: "Show good support for the idea."

Darth Martin
Yes, THANK YOU! I definately agree with you! Count me in.

Everytime you go in a particular forum(Star Wars Versus, Comic Book Versus, Video Game Versus, or Versus thread in Horror Forum) and you say for example Dr. Doom vs Darth Vader, Wolverine/Sabretooth vs Scorpion/Sub-Zero it gets closed because one half of the fight doesn't fit in the category of that particular forum.

Btw this is a good idea and I hope the Mods go through with this. smile

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Impediment
We already have Sci-Fi and Horror Versus Threads in their respectable forums.

What's the next stage we can go to? Ace Ventura: Pet Detective Vs. Johnny Cash?

Respect Roger Rabbit?

I see no point to it, really. If the vote passes, though, I'll mod it all the same, if Raz lets me, that is. Yes but for instance you can't put Michael Myers vs Batman in the Horror Movie Versus thread because Batman does not stem from a horror franchise. Vice Versa for Michael Myers in the Comic Versus Forum. See what I'm saying?

Btw this thread is a great idea and should have a poll.

Impediment
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Btw this thread is a great idea and should have a poll.

this is a good idea and I hope the Mods go through with this. smile

I can't add a poll, since I'm just a local moderator. Only Globals or Raz can do such.

As I said before, my decision to support/mod a Respect/Versus Forum will be based upon how many members voice their opinions for support and show good reasons as to why said forums should be opened.

Darth Martin
Okay I'll contact Raz through a PM and ask him to add a poll and I'll try to get some supporters.

Btw I thought it would also be nice to have a Alien/Predator Forum or SubForum in the Movie Franchises area if that's possible.

Impediment
Okay I'll contact Raz through a PM and ask him to add a poll and I'll try to get some supporters.

Btw I thought it would also be nice to have a Alien/Predator Forum or SubForum in the Movie Franchises area if that's possible.

Aliens and Predator already have their own threads/Vs. Threads in their respectable forums. It wouldn't be necessary.

If you plan to contact the higher powers-that-be, please use the chain of command by asking a Global Mod before contacting the Administrator. It saves more time and avoids confusion, you know? Thanks.

Neo Darkhalen
I would like to see a respect thread, not so much a movie Vs. one but I belive that to be a good idea.

Impediment
My thoughts, exactly. A respect forum would be......somewhat logical.

But a movie character vs. forum? I dunno.

Darth Martin
Aliens and Predator already have their own threads/Vs. Threads in their respectable forums. It wouldn't be necessary.

If you plan to contact the higher powers-that-be, please use the chain of command by asking a Global Mod before contacting the Administrator. It saves more time and avoids confusion, you know? Thanks. Where? If you mean CVF they ussually close them. Oh and I already contacted Raz. sad But btw isn't contacting you using the chain of command seeing as you mod the movie forum?

Impediment
But btw isn't contacting you using the chain of command seeing as you mod the movie forum?

Chain of Command = Local Mods (what I am)<Global Mods<Raz

BakaXero
Ok... I'm starting to give into that vs everything forum, then merge all the existing vs forums into that area, they could be sub-forums, and place it in a deep dark corner somewhere away from everything else. It'll be messy, but at least it'll be contained into one area. srug
I'm not a fan of the vs forums mainly cause i feel they a kinda reached the point of pointlessness.

Darth Martin
The CVF is very popular. The SWV is iffy but we get around to debating there too. I think there fun. I honestly joined this site because of the Comic Book Versus Forum.

Impediment
So far, not too many people have exactly shown me a lot of good reasons/interest for said petitoned forums.

Nod
Originally posted by BakaXero
Ok... I'm starting to give into that vs everything forum, then merge all the existing vs forums into that area, they could be sub-forums, and place it in a deep dark corner somewhere away from everything else. It'll be messy, but at least it'll be contained into one area. srug
I'm not a fan of the vs forums mainly cause i feel they a kinda reached the point of pointlessness. Thats because your not a fan.

When people judge its stupid when they don't actually take part.

Darth Martin
So far, not too many people have exactly shown me a lot of good reasons/interest for said petitoned forums. Probably because not alot of people come down to this particular forum(News & Questions). I bet if you kept it in the Movie Forums it would get some results.

Impediment
Probably because not alot of people come down to this particular forum(News & Questions). I bet if you kept it in the Movie Forums it would get some results.

I doubt it. Anyway, if you petition a new forum, you have to do it here, which is why it was moved.

jaden101
i'm a no for this idea but then i rarely venture into the "vs" forums because i find them utterly banal and pointless...this wouldn't be so bad if some of the heated arguments that stem from these threads didn't spill over into the rest of the forum into genuinely good debate threads....but inevitabley they do and everyone suffers cause of it

jaden101
Originally posted by Nod
Thats because your not a fan.

you ever consider that people dont take part because they realise the futility of the arguments....especially when watching from the sidelines you see how worked up people get over some of the points raised

not to mention the fear of getting virtually raped by obsessive fan boys if you happen to get some minor point wrong

braz
I think it would be really cool to have a movie versus forum. There's so many movie characters that I can think of I would like to put in here, but can't. I mean, we got a Star Wars one, so I mean, why not a movie versus? It would also slow alot of confusion within the comic versus with all the mods having to fish out and delete threads that dont belong. It would be alot of fun I think too. I'm all for it.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Nod
When they don't they breed scum. AkA chillmeistergen.

What?

Nod
What? You heard me. no expression

Impediment
Stop flame baiting, Nod. Understood?

BakaXero
Originally posted by Nod
Thats because your not a fan.

I know how the idea can be good at first, but after a while they go from meaningful to outrageously pointless.
I'm all for comparisons, but only when there's a reason why. Plotting two characters against each other on the other hand. Yeah not too big of a fan since i don't like mixing genres. Never really been my cup of tea.

It's because we find it stupid that we don't want to take part. You can understand what is going on by browsing through them without having to take part.

Nod
Stop flame baiting, Nod. Understood? So he can say the vs breed scum? No matter who hes talking about thats just plain rude.

Nod
Originally posted by BakaXero
I know how the idea can be good at first, but after a while they go from meaningful to outrageously pointless.
I'm all for comparisons, but only when there's a reason why. Plotting two characters against each other on the other hand. Yeah not too big of a fan since i don't like mixing genres. Never really been my cup of tea.

It's because we find it stupid that we don't want to take part. You can understand what is going on by browsing through them without having to take part. But other people don't find them pointless like me.

A vs everything would be stupid as hell know.

Darth Martin
That's six so far in favor. smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nod
But other people don't find them pointless like me.

A vs everything would be stupid as hell know. UGH.

There's a ****ing difference between know and now. It's a huge ****ing difference, too.

Impediment
Originally posted by Nod
So he can say the vs breed scum? No matter who hes talking about thats just plain rude.

What he said may have been a rather odd generalization, but he did not specify you. Let's keep it civil, kthx. thumb up

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Nod
So he can say the vs breed scum? No matter who hes talking about thats just plain rude.

They do, and the content is absolutely inane, the people are debating about which fictional characters would win a fight against other fictional characters. Forgive me, but I do not want to privy to a virtual game of Top Trumps.

As I believe someone else already said, I wouldn't mind if the debating was kept within the specified forums. But, when there's a debate concerning something like fossil fuels, I do not want more of these people coming in and exclaiming things like - 'this reminds me of that time I owned you, in the Spiderman vs Wolverine thread'

Darth Martin
So Imedient just how many supporters do you want?

BakaXero
Who's Imedient?

Darth Martin
Impediment, my bad. embarrasment

Impediment
Impediment, my bad. embarrasment

So far, there are 5 people interested. Thats.........really not enough, dude. erm

Darth Martin
How many's enough?

Darth Hord
I'm interested so there is 6 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Martin
Happy Dance

Impediment
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to support this.

I had a notion to do so once, but now I've contemplated all of the "ifs" and "maybes", and I've come to the conclusion that this idea would be banal.

Darth Martin
I'm sure if the forum was made then people would come in.

BakaXero
That's what they said about some other ones too, they never made it. erm

chillmeistergen
I'm sure if the forum was made then people would come in.

I really don't think that a public forum should run on a 'if you build it, they will come' philosophy.

Darth Martin
meh

Barbarian Shams
I think that a section for a movie versus forum might free up much of the clutter in the comic book section. But then again, we may get some outrageous matches with just movie characters.

Darth Martin
Well that's what it would be made for right?

Impediment
I've sent a PM to Raz and informed him that if he is willing to make a Movie Versus Forum, I would be willing to moderate it.

I've had quite a few PM's about this and I guess I can't ignore them anymore.

Neo Darkhalen
You may have to get another mod, like backfire for a VS. forum, if they become anything like the Comic Vs. and The game Vs. They can get out of hand very quickly.

Lana
I'd say it'd be better to wait and see how things go. The Vs forums generally start out pretty slow and small and it takes a long time for them to build up.

Raz
Petition approved (mainly thanks to Imp) thumb up

Impediment
Thanks, Raz. You think that we could get a spot for the MVF in the Forum Jump Bar?

I just made the rough copy of the MVF rules and reg's. I'll work on the final draft sometime this week, but for now they seem acceptable and self-explanatory.

Impediment
Thanks, Raz. You think that we could get a spot for the MVF in the Forum Jump Bar?

Thanx, Raz. You rock. yes

Joe K
thumb up

Neo Darkhalen
Well done Imp.

Impediment
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Well done Imp.

Are you going to post in there or what? stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.