Ultimate Fighting/MMA RGP game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
Well after working out everything with Ushgarak,the first ever UFC based RPG is here!Players will get to create their own fighter,and put them against other warriors to see who is the best of the best.

NOTE: This game will be significantly different that what is mostly seen on the Role Playing forums.Their will be more restrictions than what you might be used to.Think of this more as a RPG with elements of a fantasy league.You chose moves from a move list that consist of strikes,submissions,grapple attempts,etc.All these moves are worth a specific value that is unknown to the player (although you will notice patterns after a few events)

THE BASICS

CHOOSE YOUR ATTACKS

I'm going to post a list of moves on this thread.Each move is worth a certain amount of points,(unrevealed to the players).These moves consist of submission moves,strikes,grappling moves,clinch moves,ground attacks,and grappling defense.For each round (total of 3,title fights are 5 rounds) the player choses 5 moves.These moves will also have special moves called succsses moves,which will double the points for the move,and cause extra damage.On the flip side,their will also be moves considered "failures",which are worth no points,and cause damage to your character.After each event,the point value for the moves will change and the players will pick a new move set (if the player wishes,he can keep the same move set for the next event).The point values for some moves will follow patterns though so watch them over the course of the first few events.

CREATING YOUR CHARACTER

The create a character process is very simple and only takes a few minutes

I will need your characters name,age,weight class,and height.As of now,if their are not a lot of people that get involved,matches between fighters out of weight classes will take place.However,until more players get involved no minuses will be given to lighter fighters going against heavier fighters.

In addition,you will be given 2 skills.Strike,and grapple.At the start,every player is given 30 skill points.To gain a +1 to each skill takes 10 skill points.So at the start each player will either have a +1 to strike and a +2 to grapple,or vice versa.The + added to each skill is called your modifier(if you've ever played D&D you know were i'm going).When fighting an opponent each move you chose in its order is put against your opponent..Lets say if your first move is an armbar.We will say its worth 5 points.Your opponents first move is a roundhouse kick worth 3 points.your grapple modifier will be added to that + 5 the armbar is worth.So lets say you have a +1 for grapple.That would total the points for your armbar at 6.Your opponents strike modifier is +2.That would put his roundhouse kick at 5 points.You win the first encounter by 1 point.

If a fight goes all three rounds,the player who has scored the most points will win the decision.

LIFE

Each player,to start on an even playing field,begins with 12 life points.For every encounter you win,your opponent loses 1 life point.This continues until one fighter has lost all his life points.

Win/loss

For every win you get you will recieve 5 skill points and one life point..So 2 wins will give you 10 skill points.Enough to gain another + to one of your modifiers.

I will post up the move list very soon.Who is interested?

JacopeX
Hi and welcome to the Unhosted RP forum. smile

Unfortunatly you can not simply open a new thread creating a game.

It will be closed. All games must have permission from me before they start. This is because we otherwise get drowned in hundreds of games which no-one wants to play, which were opened by someone who thought it seemed a good idea at the time, and then forgot about it.

The process for permission is in fact very simple. Post and outline your idea here:
READ THIS FIRST! Welcome to Unhosted- post game ideas here

After you have posted your idea, you wait for interest in the idea. As soon as the moderator has given you a 'good to go you are free to create a thread.

mr.smiley
Sorry.I thought all i needed was Ushgaraks permission.He gave me the okay.But i guess this will become a thread to see who is interested.
Hopefully everyone!

JacopeX
Oh I see. smile

NEver mind my post. laughing out loud

StyleTime
Seems interesting. I'll participate if you get enough people Smiley.

mr.smiley
Cool.

I have worked on it quite a bit,but can only generate interest from a few people on different boards and such.I might end up creating a free webs with the game,that way they can all come together.We will see though how many more decide to give it a try.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.