What do you think about all the negativity around more pirate films?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pirateG
Hey,
I've heard a lot of people talk about not wanting any more or that the choice to make more ruined the last two!
I have a thread on a forum about it (i've linked) and it seems the popular vote is that people don't want too many more films!
I love pirates but you know I think they should stop soon.

Pirate discussion... is pirates over rated? Did the first get spoilt by the second two? etc...

willofthewisp
I think there can be too much of a good thing and I'd rather the series end prematurely than have it go on forever and get stale and poorly written. As long as the cast and crew maintain the integrity and spirit of the movies, then I'm all for them. But when Johnny's like 60 and he wants to revive Jack like Bruce Willis and Stallone have done...no thanks.

katelovespirate
Erm, yeah... that's precisely where I am on this.

from what I heard ages ago (which may be no longer the buzz, i don't know, haven't looked) the idea was, if they made another, it would be Jack Sparrow on a completely new adventure, minus Will and Liz. Now, surprisingly, that sounds wonderful to me. I'm all for it. Let's branch out, have some more piraty fun! Without Will and Liz, it would probably revert back towards the jolly old swashbuckling good time that film 1 was, right? THat's what I'm thinking... and if that be the case, GO FOR IT!

In my recent introduction to fanfiction.net i've seen some incredible stories and the point is, there are a million and one adventures Jack could have that would be box-office dynamite. And let's all face it, Jack is the reason the series did well... as much as I love Keira and Orlando, they were eye-candy at the beginning... I have no doubts they could get along fine without them.

BUT, as Willo said, ONLY if they do them now. If they try to pull some star wars or indiana jones crap, that will be bad. i dont want to wait twenty years and then have an old gray-haired Jack. no thanks. lol.

texgodiva2s
Originally posted by katelovespirate

it would be Jack Sparrow minus Will and Liz. sounds wonderful to me. GO FOR IT!
In my recent introduction to fanfiction.net i've seen some incredible stories and the point is, there are a million and one adventures Jack could have that would be box-office dynamite.

BUT, as Willo said, ONLY if they do them now. If they try to pull some star wars or indiana jones crap, that will be bad. i dont want to wait twenty years and then have an old gray-haired Jack. no thanks. lol.

Okay, I'm witcha Cap' Kateloves!! Only in my case(you don't know how much or how long I've loved Star Trek), they can have Barbossa and Jack out there in walkers and I'll be standing in the line with my caregiver and my ultra sleek hearing aides.

I personally would keep Mr. Depp locked up producing any and all of the fan fics I've fallen in love with. I just want pirates.

Here's the deal--pirates has be scarce--we have to be a little hungry for 'em, a little eager for and lonesome without 'em. As much as I desire to wallow like a hog in mud--and just bloody well get pirates all over me...I know I will not. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I'm afraid.

Me, thinking of the grand scheme of thangs, Mr. Depp will be just torn to shreds if there is another Pirates. Wouldn't matter a fig if it was a bigger cooler story than Gone With The Wind. He'll not be allowed that avenue without a horrible price tag from general public--don't get me wrong--tickets will sell, the movie would make money. See note above on aging pirates.

Long as I draw a breath there will be pirate in my soul, (Capt. Kirk will be my first bad boy, though not my last...) and Captain Jack Sparrow, well, hell, I'll take what I can and give nothing back. I don't love by halves and I believe there are others equally dedicated. Off soap box now, thankee, dearies and that's my two cents worth.

SelinaAndBruce
As long as Barbosa and Jack are in it I will be down. I'd love another movie with just Jack. I mean I hope it doesn't become as bloated and overdone as AWE was...but I think it has that possibility because Disney is going to be willing to sink big bucks into it knowing that Pirates was so successful.

I wish Will can make a cameo, but I understand if he can't. No Elizabeth is the icing on the cake for me.

VioletEyesPop08
Originally posted by pirateG
Hey,
I've heard a lot of people talk about not wanting any more or that the choice to make more ruined the last two!
I have a thread on a forum about it (i've linked) and it seems the popular vote is that people don't want too many more films!
I love pirates but you know I think they should stop soon.

Pirate discussion... is pirates over rated? Did the first get spoilt by the second two? etc... Haha, negativity: people just overdo their fan-ism w/o achieving that which they are enVious of.Originally posted by willofthewisp
I think there can be too much of a good thing and I'd rather the series end prematurely than have it go on forever and get stale and poorly written. As long as the cast and crew maintain the integrity and spirit of the movies, then I'm all for them. But when Johnny's like 60 and he wants to revive Jack like Bruce Willis and Stallone have done...no thanks. Aw, Johnny's not like 60..Originally posted by katelovespirate
Erm, yeah... that's precisely where I am on this.

from what I heard ages ago (which may be no longer the buzz, i don't know, haven't looked) the idea was, if they made another, it would be Jack Sparrow on a completely new adventure, minus Will and Liz. Now, surprisingly, that sounds wonderful to me. I'm all for it. Let's branch out, have some more piraty fun! Without Will and Liz, it would probably revert back towards the jolly old swashbuckling good time that film 1 was, right? THat's what I'm thinking... and if that be the case, GO FOR IT!

In my recent introduction to fanfiction.net i've seen some incredible stories and the point is, there are a million and one adventures Jack could have that would be box-office dynamite. And let's all face it, Jack is the reason the series did well... as much as I love Keira and Orlando, they were eye-candy at the beginning... I have no doubts they could get along fine without them.

BUT, as Willo said, ONLY if they do them now. If they try to pull some star wars or indiana jones crap, that will be bad. i dont want to wait twenty years and then have an old gray-haired Jack. no thanks. lol. Yes, some fast eye candy.Originally posted by texgodiva2s
Okay, I'm witcha Cap' Kateloves!! Only in my case(you don't know how much or how long I've loved Star Trek), they can have Barbossa and Jack out there in walkers and I'll be standing in the line with my caregiver and my ultra sleek hearing aides.

I personally would keep Mr. Depp locked up producing any and all of the fan fics I've fallen in love with. I just want pirates.

Here's the deal--pirates has be scarce--we have to be a little hungry for 'em, a little eager for and lonesome without 'em. As much as I desire to wallow like a hog in mud--and just bloody well get pirates all over me...I know I will not. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I'm afraid.

Me, thinking of the grand scheme of thangs, Mr. Depp will be just torn to shreds if there is another Pirates. Wouldn't matter a fig if it was a bigger cooler story than Gone With The Wind. He'll not be allowed that avenue without a horrible price tag from general public--don't get me wrong--tickets will sell, the movie would make money. See note above on aging pirates.

Long as I draw a breath there will be pirate in my soul, (Capt. Kirk will be my first bad boy, though not my last...) and Captain Jack Sparrow, well, hell, I'll take what I can and give nothing back. I don't love by halves and I believe there are others equally dedicated. Off soap box now, thankee, dearies and that's my two cents worth. Yes, I wonder what eggs him on.Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
As long as Barbosa and Jack are in it I will be down. I'd love another movie with just Jack. I mean I hope it doesn't become as bloated and overdone as AWE was...but I think it has that possibility because Disney is going to be willing to sink big bucks into it knowing that Pirates was so successful.

I wish Will can make a cameo, but I understand if he can't. No Elizabeth is the icing on the cake for me. I wonder if the whole cast opposite Johnny can bring it back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.