Thwomp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii162/I-So-Cunfooosed/Galaxy/200px-Thwmopinway1.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh320/jrrockow/ThwompCrushesDinoguy.gif

Known as Dossun in Japan, the surefire way to kill one of these things is either have the Star or as Hammer Mario.

In a hilarious sidenote, in the flash film Mortal Kombat Outtakes, Thwomp makes an appearance as a failed Fatality by Nightwolf, who ends up killing said Indian after killing the defeated opponent/

Thwomp are cubical animated blocks of stone, depicted as having angry-looking faces and clenched teeth. The physical appearance of Thwomps has varied over the years, though they are most commonly shown to be either gray or blue in color with spikes sometimes adorning their body.

The first appearance of Thwomps was in Super Mario Bros. 3, in which they are found exclusively in fortresses. Female Thwomps are shown to be round and limbed while the Thwomp species in general is implicated as being spawned from volcanoes.

Thwomps are usually depicted as guards in castle levels in games, found floating in the air and, when something ventures underneath them, slamming into the ground with extreme force, often grunting menacingly while doing so. After slamming into the ground, a Thwomp will raise back up into the air.

Due to their stone bodies, Thwomps are largely indestructible, with only extremely powerful items such as Starman and hammers being able to defeat them. In spin-off games, Thwomps appear most often as obstacles, which can impede players or crush them.

Neo Darkhalen
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WAS GOING TO MAKE THE THWOMP ONE, MY FAVORITE MARIO CHARACTER....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Still, he is a great obstacle.

Wandering Flame
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WAS GOING TO MAKE THE THWOMP ONE, MY FAVORITE MARIO CHARACTER....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Still, he is a great obstacle. hug

And lol...I remember those things...

They gave away when they were coming down by making faces. stick out tongue

I remember seeing them in Super Mario World. Should've gotten the GBA version.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.