Marvel Stinks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
I am having a hard time trying to collect the X-Men: Messiah Complex but I can only get a few issues. Andy at my comic store said he can't order anymore because of Marvel (he doesn't have problems ordering from DC). Apparently they limit the print amount for each comic this way once they are sold out they are hard to get and a chance to raise the value.

Now DC doesn't do this they will reprint and reprint, is this good marketing from Marvel?

StylishSmurph
That depends.

Are you gonna pay more and work harder to get that comic?

Neo Darkhalen
Marvel have ruined there comics, let them go, let them pay the price for destroying classics like Spider-Man; X-Men.

endrict
Originally posted by StylishSmurph
That depends.

Are you gonna pay more and work harder to get that comic?

I am in the hunt now....so it doesn't cost me later on.

StylishSmurph
Originally posted by endrict
I am in the hunt now....so it doesn't cost me later on. Well, provided you actually go the extra mile and pay a tiny bit more like apparently you're gonna do, seeing as it's not at your comic shop, then it works.

That is, except for the lazy DL'ers loophole.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Marvel have ruined there comics, let them go, let them pay the price for destroying classics like Spider-Man; X-Men.

X-Men haven't been ruined, their doing better than they have done for the past decade or so.

Not to mention the fact Marvel have PLENTY of goods books, people are just sheep and buy the big name books like New Avengers, Wolverine etc.

Captain America, Avengers: The Intiative, Iron Fist, Daredevil, The Order, Incredible Hulk (and/or Hercules), Iron Man, Astonishing X-Men, She Hulk, Thor, Punisher: War Journal, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, Thunderbolts.. all off the top of my head.

If X-Men and Spider-Man are the extent of your Marvel reading, your really missing out.

StylishSmurph
Originally posted by Citizen V
X-Men haven't been ruined, their doing better than they have done for the past decade or so.

Not to mention the fact Marvel have PLENTY of goods books, people are just sheep and buy the big name books like New Avengers, Wolverine etc.

Captain America, Avengers: The Intiative, Iron Fist, Daredevil, The Order, Incredible Hulk (and/or Hercules), Iron Man, Astonishing X-Men, She Hulk, Thor, Punisher: War Journal, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, Thunderbolts.. all off the top of my head.

If X-Men and Spider-Man are the extent of your Marvel reading, your really missing out. "One of these things is not like the others...One of these things just doesn't belong..."

WrathfulDwarf
I am having a hard time trying to collect the X-Men: Messiah Complex but I can only get a few issues. Andy at my comic store said he can't order anymore because of Marvel (he doesn't have problems ordering from DC). Apparently they limit the print amount for each comic this way once they are sold out they are hard to get and a chance to raise the value.

Now DC doesn't do this they will reprint and reprint, is this good marketing from Marvel?

Save your money.

Then buy Classic Marvel comics. thumb up

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Save your money.

Then buy Classic Marvel comics. thumb up

So true

Marvel have ruined there name, Spider-Man and X-men, can the damage be undone?

Grimm22
If you can't get the comics, but want updates on the stories, Wizard Online does a good job of keeping up with the big events right now (Countdown, Messiah Complex, Spidey, Batman, ect..).

Neo Darkhalen

If X-Men and Spider-Man are the extent of your Marvel reading, your really missing out.

I only used to read SM for Venom. stick out tongue

Citizen V
"One of these things is not like the others...One of these things just doesn't belong..."

Eh, it's hit and miss, but if you take it for how it's intended; light-hearted, then it's an alright book I think. Either way the MAX variation of that book could easily make the list.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I only used to read SM for Venom. stick out tongue

Fair enough. wink

endrict
Well, provided you actually go the extra mile and pay a tiny bit more like apparently you're gonna do, seeing as it's not at your comic shop, then it works.

That is, except for the lazy DL'ers loophole.

WTF would I DL it???? there is no purpose for collecting then.

I can't stand people who DL comics.

Neo Darkhalen
Eh, it's hit and miss, but if you take it for how it's intended; light-hearted, then it's an alright book I think. Either way the MAX variation of that book could easily make the list.

Fair enough. wink

Not anymore, when I was young it was all about Venom, now I can appreciate it for what it is, or rather what it was.

StylishSmurph
WTF would I DL it???? there is no purpose for collecting then.

I can't stand people who DL comics. Exactly.

So it must be good marketing then, eh?

DigiMark007
I can't stand people who DL comics.

...which I completely agree with.

This thread, however... ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.