Shy Guy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo Darkhalen
Shy Guys are timid troublemakers that wear robes and masks. They have first appeared in the non-Mario game Doki Doki Panic. They originally work for Wart in the dreamworld Subcon. The Shy Guys are common enemies in the Yoshi series. In later games, Shy Guy make some social activities like sports and parties. Shy Guy's emblem in various games is its mask.

Battle for Yoshi's Island
Shy Guys' first chronological appearance was in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, where they were known as Shy-Guys. Here they were extremely common and weak enemies, simply walking forward, making it easy for Yoshi to swallow them and turn them into Eggs. If they touch Yoshi, Baby Mario will go flying off of his back. Shy Guys would often appear out of Pipes until Yoshi got six eggs.

Return to Yoshi's Island

Shy Guys also appeared in Yoshi's Island DS, once again, as very common and weak enemies. Yoshi could use any tactic to defeat them: jumping, egg-throwing, or swallowing. Shy Guys in this game played virtually the same role as they did in Yoshi's Island.

Other than being common enemies, Shy Guys also had their own section in the Island Museum. Yoshi could view the different types of Shy Guys in that section, though Shy Guys that do not wander on land, such as Tube Guys, were only in the marine section.

Fighting with Yoshi again...
Shy Guys reappear in Yoshi Touch & Go. They are vulnerable to all attacks and are worth a Yellow Coin.

Nightmares in Dreamland
Shy Guys appeared frequently in Super Mario Bros. 2. In this game they worked for Wart, and would walk in whatever direction Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach or Toad happened to be in. They could be easily disposed of by being picked up and thrown. They often appeared out of vases.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Darkhalen/514px-Shyguy_1134306477.jpg

3 Shy Guys in different color/colour variates

ThoraxeRMG
And despite it's name it ant Shy...

Neo Darkhalen
Then why does it not show its face?

ESB -1138
Because one glimpse of its face would end the universe

Neo Darkhalen
I wish another mario game took place in Subcon.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Because one glimpse of its face would end the universe
xd

I think the first time I saw a Shy Guy was in that sand level in Super Mario 64. I might've seen him in Super Mario World (SNES) too, but wasn't familiar with him at the time.

Neo Darkhalen
First time, Super Mario Bros. 2

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
First time, Super Mario Bros. 2
Oh. They were in that too?

My memory of that game is fairly dim, so meh.

Neo Darkhalen
Where you go to subcon to defeat the evil Wart. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.