Which Nation Packs The Biggest Superheroic Punch?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StylishSmurph
This is meant to be more of a discussion than a debate, so I stuck it in the Comic Book Forum.

I hope it hasn't been done before... haermm

Anyways-

Stips:

Only heroes, though past and present
Don't think of this as an actual war (no "prep", etc.), just, at normal power levels, which countries heroes "win out"?

Also, it doesn't count if they were considered a hero once, then became a baddie. For instance, no HoM Scarlet Witch.

Symmetric Chaos
sly American. They got how many trillions of heroes?

willRules
Yes I always considered strange that heroes all unconsciously gather in or around New York, or failing that, America no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by willRules
Yes I always considered strange that heroes all unconsciously gather in or around New York, or failing that, America no expression

Because it's awesome shifty

grey fox
Britain.

What we lack in Numbers we make up in raw power, who really wants to tangle with Full power Captain Britain or MJJ ?

King Kandy
MJJ isn't a hero.

endrict
We beat everyone......Wolverine.....erm

grey fox
Originally posted by King Kandy
MJJ isn't a hero.

Meh.

Full Power Captain Britian still pwns.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by endrict
We beat everyone......we got Wolverine..... erm

If by everyone you mean "no one" then yeah, OK.

endrict
Originally posted by grey fox
Britain.

What we lack in Numbers we make up in raw power, who really wants to tangle with Full power Captain Britain or MJJ ?

Merlyn????

endrict
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If by everyone you mean "no one" then yeah, OK.

lol

willRules
Meh.

Full Power Captain Britian still pwns.

Has anyone read the latest Excalibur series? I'd like to know if it's worth picking up yes

Citizen V
It's not.

DigiMark007
The sheer number of manga characters probably makes China/Japan the winner here.

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The sheer number of manga characters probably makes China/Japan the winner here.

True.

Narutos heroes alone could railroad most of Marvels NY population.

Doctor-Alvis
Is space a nation?

endrict
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Is space a nation?

No, but soon enough different countries will own parts of it.

StylishSmurph
If by everyone you mean "no one" then yeah, OK. Canada's up there though, with Alpha Flight's expertise at pumping out uber-powerful nobodies.

haermm

llagrok
I'm gonna go with Norway

Martian_mind
Australia.

We've got.........Tasmanian devil?

King Kandy
how about New Genesis?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
how about New Genesis?

Not really a country.

Grinning Goku
Japan. America is a close second.

Accel
True.

Narutos heroes alone could railroad most of Marvels NY population.
I don't think there technically is a Japan in Naruto.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Accel
I don't think there technically is a Japan in Naruto.

Land of Water perhaps.

The Pict
Originally posted by willRules
Has anyone read the latest Excalibur series? I'd like to know if it's worth picking up yes

It's finished. I collected the series because Juggernaut was in it, but it mostly sucked.

grey fox
Land of Water perhaps.

True....

Bleach then.

Endless Mike
America, they have the Goddamn Batman

StylishSmurph
Originally posted by Endless Mike
America, they have the Goddamn Batman Not sure if characters from non-existent cities should count. hmm

Endless Mike
Gotham city is supposed to be in America, isn't it?

Besides, Japan isn't really as strong in this as most people would think, since most animes that have really powerful characters take place either in some post - apocalyptic world, in some fantasy version of the earth that's nothing like the real one, or in space

Kazenji
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Australia.

We've got.........Tasmanian devil?

And also Pizza Man, Hairbutt the hippo well thats two i remember

Also We do have comics with superheroes they're just not out there like most of the american stuff

Besides, Japan isn't really as strong in this as most people would think, since most animes that have really powerful characters take place either in some post - apocalyptic world, in some fantasy version of the earth that's nothing like the real one, or in space

Still earth regardless....

Bad Ash231

Canada, actually...

Inhuman
3rd world countries don't spawn alot of super heroes for some reason.

Nod
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Canada, actually... Lies!! durhulk

grey fox

Ok then Tenchi Muyo charachters, Elfen Lied charachters, Oh my Godess ect.

Symmetric Chaos

Gotham is a nickname for NewYorkCity taken from a series of political cartoons.

SHnY (Haruhi)
TenchiMuyo
DeathNote
ElfenLied
SailorMoon

All are set on our earth and have characters that could decimate the rest of the world alone.

grey fox
Gotham is a nickname for NewYorkCity taken from a series of political cartoons.

SHnY (Haruhi)
TenchiMuyo
DeathNote
ElfenLied
SailorMoon

All are set on our earth and have characters that could decimate the rest of the world alone.
I always thought Haruhi should be in Heroes, t'would be awesome.

StylishSmurph
Gotham is a nickname for NewYorkCity taken from a series of political cartoons. Thanks for ruining batman for me. ermm

superr
heres one for the brits-DR WHO, time lords can do some pretty amazing stuff. an evil 1, the master ,nearly ended the universe.
GOTHAM is also a village in LINCOLNSHIRE. ENGLAND. pronounced-
goatam
the legend of, the wise men of gotham, tried to trap a cuckoo in a hedge ,when it flew away, they said the hedge wasnt tall enough
R B

{{QS}}
New York could declare itself independent in this War, they've got way too many heroes.

Also I've always seen it as Metropolis = New York (Yes I know its supposed to be in Kansas but its skyline and stuff emulates New York) and Gotham = Detroit.

llagrok
Ok then Tenchi Muyo charachters, Elfen Lied charachters, Oh my Godess ect.

Elfen Lied characters were impressive?

King_Mungi
Iceland

grey fox
Originally posted by llagrok
Elfen Lied characters were impressive?

Naked Pink haired chick was tearing people apart with her mind, easily.

Symmetric Chaos
I always thought Haruhi should be in Heroes, t'would be awesome.

Or a terrible terrible disaster shocklaugh

Symmetric Chaos
Dear god . . . I sound like Trickster . . . emot-vsuicide

Akuki
I've got to vote for Japan, there are quite of few anime and manga that have cosmic level heroes based there, and there are just so many of them.
The main series to look out for would be:
Tenchi Muyo
Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
RahXephon
Neon Genesis Evangelion

all of them possess heroes capable of at least planetary scale reality warping.

tjcoady
Originally posted by {{QS}}
New York could declare itself independent in this War, they've got way too many heroes.

Also I've always seen it as Metropolis = New York (Yes I know its supposed to be in Kansas but its skyline and stuff emulates New York) and Gotham = Detroit.

Gotham and Metropolis are both visually and aesthetically based on New York (by the way, originally, Metropolis was based off Toronto, but that's long ago): "Batman's Gotham City is Manhattan below Fourteenth Street at eleven minutes past midnight on the coldest night in November." Denny O'Neil, who edited Batman for longer than well... anyone.

Metropolis, by the way, is apparently in Delaware.

And New York exists as a separate place entirely. It's where the Justice Society lives.

Endless Mike
Where does Molecule Man live?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.