Ryu v.s. Kazuya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
Who wins?

Wandering Flame
Ryu. You've seen him in SF4? He's changing into the Hulk while still looking like Superman, so he has the combined powers of both. Sakura can handle Kaz easily.

Sado22
QFT. call me tricksterSado from now on! mad

Wandering Flame
Lmao, I'm profiling that this instant.

Which reminds me, this is the first time I profiled something in a long long time.

Sado22
hows your emo finalfantasy place going foo? mad

Wandering Flame
We can discuss that there.

Still giving my vote to Kaz (whether this is normal or evil/devil versions).

Sado22
i just like to bash ryu for kicks. it's so funny how emo his fans get when i call him a putz even though they acknowledge it deep down. it's funny....and well worth the kicks.

F--K RYU!
*eats popcorns and waits for emo replies*

Wandering Flame
You know, it would be smart for them to simply ignore you, so you would stop attempting to incite them.

I've learned to do that a very long time ago.

And Sol, you should search before making threads. This was made before (and was debated with lots of bias, rofl).

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Lmao, I'm profiling that this instant.

Which reminds me, this is the first time I profiled something in a long long time.

I have the most profiles in your profile 131fist

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
You know, it would be smart for them to simply ignore you, so you would stop attempting to incite them.

I've learned to do that a very long time ago.

And Sol, you should search before making threads. This was made before (and was debated with lots of bias, rofl).

My computer brought up no results.

Wandering Flame
Make sure you pick results in topics only (Advance search option).

Bro SMASH
Well now with Street Fighter x Tekken announced, I feel we can return to this debate.

While Ryu has shown to be strong enough to lift a boulder, Kazuya has shown to punch through Jacks (which are said to be bullet proof). They both seem pretty equal in punching strength in my opinion.

AthenasTrgrFngr
lifting strength and punching strength are too entirely different things... btw who is kazuya?

Bro SMASH
I know they're different. I just pointing out what I know about their strength so far.

Anyway, Kazuya is a character from the Tekken series:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=464239&highlight=Kazuya+forumid%3A100

You can also see him here fighting Ryu:

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596?cmpid=0101

AthenasTrgrFngr
oh tekken thank you. ive never played tekken before

Demonic Phoenix
Ryu wins based on feats. Kazuya's badass, but his feats don't compare to Ryu's.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Kazuya wins. He shattered a bulletproof robot (Gun Jack) with his back hand, has more moves than Ryu, and when he is 8 years old, he fell from a cliff and survived. Ryu's only feat are lifting a boulder(has nothing to do with his attack power. But this still shows how powerful ryu is), and splitting waterfall with his hadouken.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Kazuya wins. He shattered a bulletproof robot (Gun Jack) with his back hand, has more moves than Ryu, and when he is 8 years old, he fell from a cliff and survived. Ryu's only feat are lifting a boulder(has nothing to do with his attack power. But this still shows how powerful ryu is), and splitting waterfall with his hadouken. Bullet-proof robot? Wow, that's like, really interesting, Ryu only tanks his from Gouki. no expression

A cliff? Wow neat. Ryu... Tanks hits from Gouki. no expression

Do people really think lifting strength has nothing to do with attack power? Seriously?

Ryu is also faster, being able to effortly dodge bullets and react to attacks such as Guile's mach 2 sonic boom.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by NemeBro
Bullet-proof robot? Wow, that's like, really interesting, Ryu only tanks his from Gouki. no expression

A cliff? Wow neat. Ryu... Tanks hits from Gouki. no expression

Do people really think lifting strength has nothing to do with attack power? Seriously?

Ryu is also faster, being able to effortly dodge bullets and react to attacks such as Guile's mach 2 sonic boom.

Gouki's normal punch is not island busting move. He can bust the island when he put all of his strength and unleashed it. I doubt his normal punch is stronger than his tenma gou zankuu.

Lifting strength != punching strength. Do some research please.

I know Ryu can dodge bullets. But... effortlessly?

NemeBro
Gouki's normal punch is not island busting move. He can bust the island when he put all of his strength and unleashed it. I doubt his normal punch is stronger than his tenma gou zankuu.

Lifting strength != punching strength. Do some research please.

I know Ryu can dodge bullets. But... effortlessly? 1. Prove this statement please. He performed this feat while holding back, and when he was younger and weaker.

2. Who do you think would punch harder: An Olympic weightlifter or an average joe, both with equal "fighting skill?"

3. I believe that was actually the direct statement, though I admit I could be remembering wrong.

Kirikaze Fuuma
1. Prove this statement please. He performed this feat while holding back, and when he was younger and weaker.

2. Who do you think would punch harder: An Olympic weightlifter or an average joe, both with equal "fighting skill?"

3. I believe that was actually the direct statement, though I admit I could be remembering wrong.

1. He was covered by purple aura and his breathing is not normal. It's like he is in berserk condition. http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/sfa2ryu.htm

2. You can't compare Olympic class with average class. I admit the weightlifter has more power if you compare it that way. But... even a boxer who can lift 60 kilos can hit harder than a bodybuilder who can lift 100 kilos. The training is different from the very beginning.

3. I'll look at the plot guide again...

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Ryu

Ryu has projectiles, special moves, throws, focus attacks, supers, ultras, hit-stun combos, regular punching and kicking

Kazuya has throws, juggle combos, hit-stun combos, unblockable attacks

Since Kazuya lacks projectiles, special moves, supers, and ultras he is at a disadvantage against Ryu. Kazuya will mainly have to rely on his striking and juggle combos to defeat Ryu.

cnorwood
kazuya wins, kazuya is the 1st or 2nd most powerful character in tekken, another character, bryan, destroyed a whole platoon tanks, soldiers, and even took a rocket to the chest and brushed it off, and kazuya would smash bryan, but maybe ryu could thorw a boulder at the tank before he gets shot up or hit with a rocket, o yea and kazuya does have an ultimate its called the lightning screw uppercut, which takes most of the health bar

NemeBro
1. He was covered by purple aura and his breathing is not normal. It's like he is in berserk condition. http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/sfa2ryu.htm

2. You can't compare Olympic class with average class. I admit the weightlifter has more power if you compare it that way. But... even a boxer who can lift 60 kilos can hit harder than a bodybuilder who can lift 100 kilos. The training is different from the very beginning.

3. I'll look at the plot guide again... 1. Gouki can cover himself with an aura whenever he wants. no expression It's kind of his thing. His breathing would not signifigantly amp his punching strength to that degree.

2. Compare a normal high school athlete with an average joe, who do you think could hit harder? Also, bodybuilders are weak, bad example. As true as that is, what is Ryu? A martial artist, and him lifting roughly 10-20 tons of stone and holding it there would make him stronger than Kazuya, and probably enable him to punch alot harder.

3. Kay.

cnorwood
1. Gouki can cover himself with an aura whenever he wants. no expression It's kind of his thing. His breathing would not signifigantly amp his punching strength to that degree.

2. Compare a normal high school athlete with an average joe, who do you think could hit harder? Also, bodybuilders are weak, bad example. As true as that is, what is Ryu? A martial artist, and him lifting roughly 10-20 tons of stone and holding it there would make him stronger than Kazuya, and probably enable him to punch alot harder.

3. Kay.
1. ok

2. if ryu is a high school athlete, kazuya is a college athlete, kazuya was has been training since before he was 8, got thrown off a cliff, survived, has been training all his life since that and now is 45 so has probably around 40 years of training, and has beaten people like paul, who punched through a boulder like 5x the size of the boulder ryu was carrying, and it was nothing to him, heihachi, who as a old man is so fast that he can catch a bullet in his teeth, gets launched like 7 miles away into a grave, and just wakes up 2 weeks later at full strength, and ready to fight, and many other tekken characters who have shown great feats of strength, kazuya knows about ki (his lightning aura) and has his devil transformation, which makes him even more stronger, gives him a projectile and flight shown in his prolouge in tekken 5, ryu only transforms into satsui no hadou once against sagat, and never does it again, kazuya is also quicker to kill, so i have to give it to kazuya

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by cnorwood

2. if ryu is a high school athlete, kazuya is a college athlete, kazuya was has been training since before he was 8, got thrown off a cliff, survived, has been training all his life since that and now is 45 so has probably around 40 years of training, and has beaten people like paul, who punched through a boulder like 5x the size of the boulder ryu was carrying, and it was nothing to him, heihachi, who as a old man is so fast that he can catch a bullet in his teeth, gets launched like 7 miles away into a grave, and just wakes up 2 weeks later at full strength, and ready to fight, and many other tekken characters who have shown great feats of strength, kazuya knows about ki (his lightning aura) and has his devil transformation, which makes him even more stronger, gives him a projectile and flight shown in his prolouge in tekken 5, ryu only transforms into satsui no hadou once against sagat, and never does it again, kazuya is also quicker to kill, so i have to give it to kazuya

That's the longest, poorly constructed sentence I have ever seen on KMC. I doubt anyone is going to read that, mate.

NemeBro
I'm certainly not.

BloodRain
I liked his '1.' point better.

Think its basically
-Kazuya has had more training
-Has beaten strong people like Paul and Heihachi.
-Kazuya knows about ki and has his devil form with amped and extra powers compared to Ryu's one time satsui no hadou
...to sum up for anyone.

cnorwood
Originally posted by BloodRain
I liked his '1.' point better.

Think its basically
-Kazuya has had more training
-Has beaten strong people like Paul and Heihachi.
-Kazuya knows about ki and has his devil form with amped and extra powers compared to Ryu's one time satsui no hadou
...to sum up for anyone.
thank you lol, idk why people on this forum are ass holes, i mean none of us are right this is all based on fandom

No End N Site
Akuma didn't really use a regular punch, but it was no where near his full power. And it is sure as hell aint nothin' to an Akuma over 10 years later.

And in the SFA Movie, which has been officially stated to show canon powers, Chun Li says....

"He's slipping past the bullets as if it were nothing."

...about Ryu. I should mention that the Alpha Ryu is about 15 years younger than the current Ryu.

Let me just add in, although the SFIII manga is not canon, Ryu got his arm and leg shattered from blocking Akuma's punches and kicks. They clearly take into consideration Akuma's incredible punching and kicking force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.