Life inside the Force (life after death)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Anyone read anything by anyone describing what life is like in the Force after someone dies.

Like official stuff.

I always wondered what it was to live in that dimension.

?

Captain REX
The Netherworld of the Force is rarely discussed or portrayed, but Marvel comics portrayed it as an endless fog where all sentient beings went after their physical bodies had died.

There is also Chaos, aka Hell, where the spirits of the Sith and other evil sentient beings are sent.

Check Wookieepedia for the limited info we have on it...

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Captain REX
The Netherworld of the Force is rarely discussed or portrayed, but Marvel comics portrayed it as an endless fog where all sentient beings went after their physical bodies had died.

you know, that's exactly how i pictured it looking like. A place of endeless white fog. What life is like may be another story though.

I wonder if theres more than just wandering around eternally, randomly showing up in the lives of other Jedi and offer divine advice. Maybe there's a God or Super being of some sort. Well i guess "The Force" is God in that universe.

I'd be nice if there were a comic that dealt with that dimension, maybe a war perhaps with an ancient sith that somehow penetrated the dimension in order to destroy it or to know more of it so he could use it to his advantage. Or a Jedi just trying to be curious by asking a Jedi Ghost from there what life is like in there.

I see Dark Horses' "Star Wars Tales" coming up with something like that.

Interesting

FistOfThe North
meh, this is all i was able to find on Wookiepedia regarding this issue.

"The connection to the Living Force apparently also allowed Jedi Masters to retain their identity when they became one with the Force, with Qui-Gon Jinn being the first to accomplish this feat."

Maybe it's better left a mystery.

caedusrulesall
Some Masters can stay in a state between life and afterlife where they could become a Force Ghost and visit others. Obi-Wan stayed there for a while before he passed into the Force in Heir to the Empire. What really bugs me is I have no idea where non-Force Sensitive people go. I know Force-Sensitive Light Siders go to the Netherworld and Dark-Siders go to Chaos but nobody has ever explained where normal people go.

Captain REX
I would prefer if the Netherworld remained untouched, in Universe and out, other than the Ghosts of Jedi.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Captain REX
I would prefer if the Netherworld remained untouched, in Universe and out, other than the Ghosts of Jedi.

Agreed, keeps some of the mystery of Star Wars.

It's like what J.R.R. Tolkien once said in a letter to his son: "A story must be told or there'll be no story, yet it is the untold stories that are the most moving."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.