Most Anticipated Albums of 2008?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nellinator
And/or favourite ones so far...

And go!

Reverend Axel
As of right now.

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - 11th Hour.

Bardock42
Distortion by The Magnetic Fields

jaden101
saturday nights and sunday mornings by counting crows

WrathfulDwarf
I'm just interested in the upcoming albums from Coldplay and The Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Hopefully, this year the new U2 album will be ready.

Funkadelic
Gnarls Barkleys new one?
I thought I heard something about it.

That first one was just amazing!

Wålshy
the new green day album is meant to be out this year

InnerRise
Utada Hikaru's Upcoming Album.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

RocasAtoll
I personally am going to get The Roots new album. Hoping they build even more on The Game Theory.

RedAlertv2
Protest the Hero, by far

Nellinator
Anticipated:
Manilla Road
Death Angel
Helmet
Opeth
Uriah Heep
Iced Earth
Judas Priest
Weezer

Skeptical:
Black Sabbath
The Offspring
Extreme
Oasis
Metallica
Slayer
Testament
Guns N' Roses

Doubtfuls/Uncertains:
Artillery
Pelican
Muse
Kreator

Reissues:
Hypocrisy - Catch 22

RedAlertv2
Forgot about Offspring and didnt realize Muse was planning a new one. But I agree with you, Im not holding my breath for either of them.

Im also looking forward to the new Death Cab album, and possibly a new Postal Service album

Nellinator
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Forgot about Offspring and didnt realize Muse was planning a new one. But I agree with you, Im not holding my breath for either of them.

Im also looking forward to the new Death Cab album, and possibly a new Postal Service album I definitely looking forward to Muse. It sounds like recording will start next year, but I doubt the album with come out until 2009.

chillmeistergen
I read somewhere that Klaxons started recording material in October '07, if it's released this year then that'll be one I'll look forward to. I look forward to Muse as well, though I think it's doubtful it'll be recorded and released this year.

Pezmerga
I believe the Raconteurs should have a new one out too. I am looking foward to that.
Also Alice in Chains.

Healing Artisan
i'm just waiting for Del to release his album. other than that, nothing. hopefully another Cunninlynguists album, but i doubt it.

bodach
If the soundtrack for 'The Orphanage' is anywhere close to as good as the 'Pan's Labyrinth' soundtrack, I'll be looking forward to it for sure. I don't really keep up with modern pop/rock, there's just so much good old stuff out there, why bother? I'm on a big classical kick right now, too...

bodach
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm just interested in the upcoming albums from Coldplay and The Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Hopefully, this year the new U2 album will be ready.

Can't ****ing stand U2, personally. To each his own.

ragesRemorse
mustard plug
street dogs
3 doors down
bowling for soup
eagle eye cherry
far from finished

Tptmanno1
Mainly the new Opeth album.
I've been reading up on it and it sounds like its gonna be sick.

k00L kiD
kanye,lupe & pharrel collabo

Tptmanno1
Originally posted by k00L kiD
kanye,lupe & pharrel collabo
how original.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, WD is awaiting Coldplay.

Not to say that's wrong, just funny that you're interested to hear it. As if it'd be anything other than albums one, two and three, but again.

For me; Weezer, Opeth to see how they do without Pete (And because it's Opeth), Sufjan Stevens if he puts one out, whatever Patton is doing. Pretty curious about The Bedlam in Goliath by The Mars Volta.

Rammstein are probably one of the top three most anticipated beside Weezer and Sufjan Stevens, though.

-AC

Nellinator
I forgot about Sufjan. He'd better get moving faster if he's going to fulfill his ambitions.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nellinator
I forgot about Sufjan. He'd better get moving faster if he's going to fulfill his ambitions.

Nah, he has the whole afterlife to write about the rest of the states.

He should get moving to please my wishes though.

So, yeah, Sufjan for me too.

manorastroman
the new destroyer.

and most especially the new stephen malkmus, cuz the first two singles are siiiiiiiiiick.

as far as stuff i've already gotten, the leaks for bon iver, hello blue roses, and times new viking are all really good.

Slay
Weather Underground (Massive Attack), new Opeth, new Postal Service, new Weezer and the new Metallica.

ragesRemorse
holy shit, RANCID is releasing a new album this year

vanice
Isn't Lupe Fiasco releasing his last album before retiring this year? It's definitely interesting, if not pathetic.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, it's called The Cool. Comes out soon I believe.

-AC

Solo
my bloody valentine, girl talk, animal collective, of montreal

Flying High
we are scientists
the racounteurs
muse

so far anyway smile

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yeah, it's called The Cool. Comes out soon I believe.

-AC

It's already out.

Also would add Opeth and if it's coming out in 2008, definitely Muse.

Reverend Axel
Maybe if The Offspring put anything new out. Maybe some Michael Jackson.

vanice
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
It's already out.

Also would add Opeth and if it's coming out in 2008, definitely Muse.

Yes The Cool was released this autumn, but he's releasing an album this spring or so called Lupend if I'm right and it is supposed to be his last for some reason. He will have plenty of time for a comeback for sure :P

Healing Artisan
i heard Dangermouse and Black Thought are releasing an album together this year.

other releases im looking forward to: (if they ever get finished this year)

Zack De La Rocha
The Roots
The Mars Volta
Gza
Rakim
Cage
Atmosphere
Vakill
Nas
Dr. Dre (detox? i doubt it. maybe in another 10 years)
Tonedeff (produced completley by Kno)
Pep Love

RocasAtoll
Dangermouse and Black Thought? Wow. Should probably one of the best albums of the year if it lives up to both of their talent.

And I didn't hear about the Zach De La Rocha album. Who's going to be on it with him?

RedAlertv2
Id doubt a de la Rocha album. Not only did he not finish it in the years after Rage, but now that hes touring with them I dont see him ever releasing it. But then again, that could just be my wishful thinking that Rage are gonna start writing more material

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by RocasAtoll

And I didn't hear about the Zach De La Rocha album. Who's going to be on it with him?

At the rate he's working, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Buckley and James Brown.

Bardiel13
I got news that Amon Amarth is set on recording a new album. I'm pretty much bouncing off the walls about that. Other than that, I've got nothing much to look forward to. Maybe the new Opeth album, if it has some good'uns.

Lord-of-Dreams
The roots, Nas, Micheal Jackson.
The Lupe, Pharrell, Kanye album (CRS) is not happening. Lu and Kanye are touring for their respective albums and Pharrell is finishing up with N.E.R.D (which im sooo excited for!) Odds are if they manage to make 12-20 tracks theyll just be a bunch of throwbacks and about a gazillion people will be disappointed.

Alpha Centauri
Opeth have titled their new album, Watershed, and it's due out on June 21st.

I'm not sure if that's the English or American date, but expect it to come out, as always, a day after we get it in England.

Tracklisting:

Coil
Heir Apparent
The Lotus Eater
Burden
Porcelain Heart
Hessian Peel
Hex Omega

-AC

InnerRise
Originally posted by InnerRise
Utada Hikaru's Upcoming Album.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... The Title of Utada's Upcoming Album has been revealed to be: "HEART STATION"

So that's one of the most anticipated Albums of 2008.

w00t

Healing Artisan
The Title of Utada's Upcoming Album has been revealed to be: "HEART STATION"

w00t

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... **** your life

Alpha Centauri
Leave him, he'll grow out of it, trust me.

One day, he'll finally get to Japan for the first time. It's only cos he hasn't been, and because she's Japanese, that he has this fascination. Happens to a lot of people his age.

-AC

InnerRise

w00t

Love It!

goheadgirl

Alpha Centauri
Why do you do that? Honest question.

What do you get out of it? Are you trying to promote her or what?

-AC

InnerRise

w00t

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Utada also may possibly be releasing her English Album later this year as well. If not, then next year. So another highly anticipated Album to add to the mix.

scissors

jaden101
churing out excrement at a rate of knots aint she?...i'd still crash my yogurt truck over her face mind you

InnerRise

w00t

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Originally posted by InnerRise
Utada also may possibly be releasing her English Album later this year as well. If not, then next year. So another highly anticipated Album to add to the mix.

scissors

Very exciting time indeed.

Can't wait.

Just a matter of weeks before the onslaught begins and records break.

redjump

chillmeistergen
Reported.

Alpha Centauri
Also.

-AC

InnerRise
Utada also may possibly be releasing her English Album later this year as well. If not, then next year. So another highly anticipated Album to add to the mix.

scissors

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... I'll have to come back and update the English Album's title if it infact is being released this year.

If not this year, it'll definitely be one of the most anticipated Albums of 2009.

herbvin

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

chillmeistergen
Reported, again. You just said exactly the same thing, why do you feel the need to do this?

InnerRise
I'll have to come back and update the English Album's title if it infact is being released this year.

If not this year, it'll definitely be one of the most anticipated Albums of 2009.

herbvin

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... I just hope the promotion for the English Album is leaps and bounds beyond what it was last time.

Alpha Centauri
Reported.

-AC

RedAlertv2
I reported him, then realized hes already gotten suspended. Lawl

Ax3l
InnerRise ban. I smell a future sock.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Ax3l
InnerRise ban. I smell a future sock.

At least we'll be able to spot him out if he's ever in the Music forum.

No one else is really expecting Utada or whatever. Thank goodness.

ESB -1138
Most anticipated album of 2008? Hmm...

Thriller 25 - Michael Jackson Happy Dance Happy Dance

Funkadelic
Erykah Badu
D'Angelo
Gnarls Barkley
Lenny Kravitz
Michael Jackson (& Not that terrible Thriller 25 sick)

Obdurate
Slipknot, and though I don't usually follow when music is coming out I've heard that Mastodon and Kayo Dot both have albums coming so those two as well.

Strangelove
I'm looking forward to Attack & Release, the new album by The Black Keys, to be released April 1st.

Also, Flight of the Conchords are releasing a new album in April 2008

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.