Does Anakin's traitor butt belong here?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog
If anyone has a newer DVD set of episode IV, at the very end it has blue hologram looking images of Obi-Wan (old version), yoda, and Anaken standing together smiling down on Luke. They are all three standing together smiling like they are satisfied that the job is finally finished. Personally, I don't think Anakin belongs with the other two. I know, I know, he brought balance to the schwartz and all, but he cut down Obi-Wan and contributed to killing a bunch of others. Do you think he should be in Sith hell mad , or should be hanging out with the jedi in the afterlife like he is roll eyes (sarcastic) ?

steverules
He killed the Emperor and saved Luke from becoming a fried Jedi...so he redeemed himself, he sacrificed himself knowing he would die

Bardock42
I don't think that the force is prejudiced. Besides, the redeeming is an important part.

What shouldn't have happened though is that Hayden Christensen is there. It makes no sense.

steverules
When he redeemed himself as an old man that was the closest to being a jedi master that he had ever been...so I think they shoulda stuck with him being an old guy

IrOnTrAiT
He returned to the light as Anakin Skywalker, he died when he was put into that suit but he returned to light so he got his oringal body back lol

queeq
Yeah... baloney.

General G
He should be there...just in an older body.

JediSamuraiMRB
I have no problem with seeing Hayden Christensen's face in ROTJ at the end instead of the late Sebastian Shaw. To me, its better seeing Anakin in the living force as his young self than his older self.

queeq
I agree... It's not like you can just erase 20 years and say: hey, that wasn't the real me...

General G
You two are odd, I will assume queeq was referring to my post.

If you could, I am sure Yoda would look different (maybe...) and OB1 would definately look different.

queeq
What's the point? To show you can rejuvenate once you're one with the Force?

Bardock42
Originally posted by queeq
I agree... It's not like you can just erase 20 years and say: hey, that wasn't the real me... Then no one should be there. Either the old one or none...anything else does not make sense.

queeq
Well, yeah... Yoda and OB1 stood there in their last seen appearance in the material world. Why does Anakin have to look so young?

Bardock42
Well, yeah... Yoda and OB1 stood there in their last seen appearance in the material world. Why does Anakin have to look so young? Cause he sucked Lucas' dick.

That's just the official version though, who knows what really happened.

queeq
He prolly sucked his dick... wink

steverules
He sucked his dick...twice!

queeq
They saw Team America too often together.

General G
What a dumb movie, we are not bringing that into this thread.

queeq
It was GREAT! wink

General G
OMG NO!!

Bardock42
It was actually. Genius satire.

But lets talk about this great movie being ruined by blowjobs now.

queeq
Great satire indeed. "He's going down bakalakadakastreet'

General G
Wow...I am ashamed...

queeq
Why? Because of your lacking sense of humour?

General G
No, because of your lacking of good movie taste.

queeq
Team America is great...

steverules
It's hilarious

queeq
It is... like your avatar. I can't stop looking at it...

General G
I agree with that, it is very mesmorizing.

queeq
Very. Is there a bigger version?

General G
I am sure if you ask him really nice.

queeq
Didn't I?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't think that the force is prejudiced. Besides, the redeeming is an important part.

What shouldn't have happened though is that Hayden Christensen is there. It makes no sense. fanfare. Hayden is a pretty face.

steverules
Very. Is there a bigger version?

I will try and find the bigger one again

General G
It would be appreciated. :P

queeq
Originally posted by steverules
I will try and find the bigger one again

I'll never leave the computer again.

General G
laughing out loud

queeq
And neither will you. wink

General G
hehe, maybe. shifty

queeq
Pretty sure.

MasterAshenVor
LoL all this speculation is just Circular Reasoning....Listen iv thought about this...and i belive this is how it is...Ahem...

When Anakin Skywalker went to the Darkside HE DIED...i know its been said But he turned to evil and basically in the case of the Force he....DIED

When Anakin Redeemed himself and appreared as YOUNG ANAKIN SKYWALKER it was a symbol of him becomeing who he once was....hence him appearing as WHO HE ONCE WAS a Young Jedi Knight that fell in love and fell into darkness.

When you redeem you'reself you become who you once were and the scares of you're past are erased as it is with the force....other instances of this are..even tho they dident die....

Bastila - All her Sith Stuff was destroyed and taken away...

If you play KOTOR II and KOTOR I if you go to Darkside you get scar like traits on ur face when you return to the lightside it is reversed...

I know those arent good examples but...JUST THINK ABOUT IT

General G
eh, not bad.

But NO EU!!!! mad

queeq
Yes, I think that is the reasoning. But it doesn't make sense. I kinda totally discard twenty years. I think Old Anakin is much more beautiful too see there, WITH the 'scars' of 20 years and redeemed. Now it's saying, oh well, those 20 years I wasn't quite myself, never mind it.

So I think it's lame.

General G
I do agree, it would be much more meaningful to have the older Anakin...but then would he have his mechanical arms and legs still...would he have stumps...or just stick in body parts.

queeq
Not that we would be able to see that under all those robes.

And why would mechanical limbs cross over to the afterlife????

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by General G
I do agree, it would be much more meaningful to have the older Anakin...but then would he have his mechanical arms and legs still...would he have stumps...or just stick in body parts. OMG...are you effing serious with this post? stumps? crylaugh

Bardock42
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
LoL all this speculation is just Circular Reasoning....Listen iv thought about this...and i belive this is how it is...Ahem...

When Anakin Skywalker went to the Darkside HE DIED...i know its been said But he turned to evil and basically in the case of the Force he....DIED

When Anakin Redeemed himself and appreared as YOUNG ANAKIN SKYWALKER it was a symbol of him becomeing who he once was....hence him appearing as WHO HE ONCE WAS a Young Jedi Knight that fell in love and fell into darkness.

When you redeem you'reself you become who you once were and the scares of you're past are erased as it is with the force....other instances of this are..even tho they dident die....

Bastila - All her Sith Stuff was destroyed and taken away...

If you play KOTOR II and KOTOR I if you go to Darkside you get scar like traits on ur face when you return to the lightside it is reversed...

I know those arent good examples but...JUST THINK ABOUT IT But you do not become younger.

I understand that it is supposed to be a symbol. But it is one that can't logically be explained. Either he redeemed himself and his Robo Body is redeemed or he didn't and nothing happens. To have Young Anakin there is beyond unreasonable.

General G
Not that we would be able to see that under all those robes.

And why would mechanical limbs cross over to the afterlife????

Just checking.

queeq
Sometimes, G.... sometimes....

You really had some water in your circuits or something.

General G
They told me it would make it work better.

queeq
Figures that you would believe them.

General G
I didn't...but there wasn't much I could do.

queeq
Of course not.

Bardock42
Hey, folks, what about being less pointless and more on topic?

queeq
Nah... if we stay this way I can close it. evil face

General G
Ah, so you do enjoy closing threads. And I have no problem going on topic...bring something up.

Bardock42
I don't understand why all the threads here get closed really. Once you close a thread can someone open one with the same topic if they want to discuss it further?

queeq
Sure. If you stay on topic. I close them because they wander off to far off topic lands for a few pages. So to keep the order I close them.

If you felt you wante to add something you can ask me to reopen or, yes, start another thread.

General G
Makes sense, wanna reopen my general grievous ones?

queeq
Nope.

General G
Damn...worth a try.

Quiero Mota
They never should've replaced the old Anakin. Not only did it make no sense to have an old Obi and young Anakin, it was also an insult to Sebastian Shaw.

Rogue Jedi
It was done because Gayden is a pretty boy.

queeq
It still makes no sense.

General G
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
They never should've replaced the old Anakin. Not only did it make no sense to have an old Obi and young Anakin, it was also an insult to Sebastian Shaw.

Never thought about that, that was pretty rude!

queeq
But Shaw is no SW character.

General G
Still, everybody saw him for so long...and then...BAM! replaced.

queeq
Yes, for Hayden with his stiff wig.

But it's more for the concept. They could even have put Jake Lloyd there, at leat Anakin was really innocent and good then.

General G
You called him good...since when did you think he was good?

queeq
TPM Anakin was pretty innocent.

Bardock42
TPM Anakin was pretty innocent. He was a major faggy child. That should be sufficient to hate him. I suppose he was "good" in a way...but not good enough to sit next to ****ing Yoda.

queeq
Of course not, he was a kid. But not an arrogant selfish brat like he was ten years later.

General G
But very annoying...did you miss the scene where he blows up the trade fed ship? Wow. That is all the must be said for that.

queeq
He was annoying. You really need to see the Phantom Edit.

But annoying does not equal evil.

General G
The Phantom Edit??

Evil...no...annoying...yes.

queeq
Never heard of the Phantom Edit? Some guy re-edited TPM using the first VHS that came out. He basically took out a lot of JarJar, took out all the oopses and "that's not good" lines. Funy thing about that cut was that it worked quite well. It took out a lot of daft moments and made Anakin a kid who really knew what he was doing. It actually made Anakin the great pilot OB1 mentions meeting for the first time in ANH.
That whole scene where he tries to start the Naboo Fighter is now an Anakin who deliberaty starts up the fighter, shoots the droideka's and takes off to help fight the space battle. No accidental fumbling.

It's a seamless cut... well done. Better that GL's version.

General G
Nice, and where might one find this?

queeq
Dunno, it's illegal.

General G
Figures...where might one find this illegal edit?

queeq
honestly, I don't know... it's from a while back. Search and ye MAY find

General G
Damn...I will search...

queeq
Try.

General G
I will...but I don't feel to lucky...

Jbill311
For the love of the God Zombie Abraham Lincoln try!!!

if you don't, the confederates win!!

Darn that Jefferson Davis

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
laughing

How long would the Phantom Edit be? As long as the original?

queeq
No, it's shorter. I told you, they took silly things out. I think it's about 5 or 10 minutes shorter.

General G
Only that much shorter? Damn, I found a bunch of things on youtube that are in different parts and are 6 minutes long each...and there are only 6-8 parts in that I believe...

queeq
Keep looking.

No, it's still a full fledged film. And it works pretty good.

General G
*sigh* Looking...

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
You won't help???

queeq
Nope. I saw it already.

General G
Come on, help a brother out! stick out tongue

queeq
You're not my brother.

General G
Brother from a different mother?

queeq
Found it yet?

General G
No...but there seems to be a whole lotta sites that want to explain to me what it is...

queeq
Maybe one of them can get you to it.

General G
I sure hope so...

queeq
Keep asking.

General G
I found some torrents...but you need Apple computers for it...

queeq
Ah... Apple... nice.

General G
No, Apple bad.

queeq
Apple... goooooood....

General G
Apple is too awkward.

queeq
I don't think so. I have both PC and Apple and Apple kinda grows on ya.

General G
Ah, I guess I never used it enough for it to grow on me...

queeq
Work on it more than one day.

General G
I used it more than a day...mind you...they were for short time periods.

queeq
Ah... right.

General G
And it didn't impress me.

queeq
Depends on what software you work with maybe. I do a lot of editing and DVD making on it and I just love how all this software are seamless in compatiblity. No conversions, you can just copy-paste or drag anything from anywhere and it works!!! Oh happy day.

beedubaya
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I have no problem with seeing Hayden Christensen's face in ROTJ at the end instead of the late Sebastian Shaw. To me, its better seeing Anakin in the living force as his young self than his older self.

I don't have a problem with Hayden, but they should have aged him 20 years with digital ageing software. Doesn't make sense for him to be young again when Obi-Wan and Yoda were both their old selves.

Sesse
Universe without a God cannot and really should not expected to be a fair place XD.

Sorry guys, thats the deal. Luckily, those three have an eternity to talk about their situation.

I just dont know how else to express this... "Sucks to be Kenobi & Yoda"

queeq
Originally posted by Sesse
Luckily, those three have an eternity to talk about their situation.

I doubt they do any talking. Jedi resting in the Force are kinda boring.

atv2
It's episode VI and yes he should be ghosting with the other two. It was his destiny to defeat the emperor and bring balance. It was proper that he died a redeemed Jedi. "Return of the Jedi" wasn't just about Luke coming back to restore order but it was also about Vader coming back to Anakin Skywalker, the Jedi he used to be before he became a Sith.

Lord Knightfa11
phantom edit...
i do some edits i really hate how they did this movie and made anakin a stupid incompetent fool. i could probably do it. and then youtube it....

that whole scene with jar jar and the dumbe hit the nose can go.
that whole scene with jar jar and the frog thing he tries to eat can go.
jar jar can go but then teh movie would be 2 minutes long....

queeq
Hmmm... maybe that's a good thing.

Lt. Valerian
Anybody found this Phantom Edit yet?

queeq
I have seen it.

0°Mandalore°0
I haven't. sad And I haven't found it either.

queeq
Poor you.

0°Mandalore°0
I know. sad I'll try harder raver

queeq
Good boy.

sorokseem
But you do not become younger.

I understand that it is supposed to be a symbol. But it is one that can't logically be explained. Either he redeemed himself and his Robo Body is redeemed or he didn't and nothing happens. To have Young Anakin there is beyond unreasonable.

With his extraordinary midichlorian count and being a force ghost,i guess he can change his looks at will,like what he show to Cade skywalker.

But i think he should be replaced it with Timothy,that guy playing hitman.lol.

Blax_Hydralisk
He should be replaced by Will Smith.

ermm

Forcewielder
Originally posted by beedubaya
I don't have a problem with Hayden, but they should have aged him 20 years with digital ageing software. Doesn't make sense for him to be young again when Obi-Wan and Yoda were both their old selves.

1. Anakin was never the same age as Obi-wan nor Yoda.
2. Both Jedi never used the Dark Side and got physically messed up by it like Anakin was.
3. It didn't make sense for Anakin's ghost to have hair, skin, full body, and Obi-wan's clothes when he died a burnt-up, human/machine hybrid in an oxygen suit.

queeq
Originally posted by sorokseem
With his extraordinary midichlorian count and being a force ghost,i guess he can change his looks at will,like what he show to Cade skywalker.

But i think he should be replaced it with Timothy,that guy playing hitman.lol.

EU characters are no argument in these forums.

sweersa
EU characters are no argument in these forums.

Thank you. I'm glad it didn't get any worse. I mean, no one said New Jedi Order yet did they? *hides and peeps around*

queeq
Did someone say NJO???? mad

Jovan
Originally posted by Forcewielder
2. Both Jedi never used the Dark Side and got physically messed up by it like Anakin was.
yes, it's because OB1 and Yoda never went dark that they retained their "looks" as ghosts. Anakin fell and it had him "tainted" forever (Yoda says something along the lines "forever will it dominate your path"wink, so it's logical that his appearance is that of before his fall.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jovan
yes, it's because OB1 and Yoda never went dark that they retained their "looks" as ghosts. Anakin fell and it had him "tainted" forever (Yoda says something along the lines "forever will it dominate your path"wink, so it's logical that his appearance is that of before his fall.

That is some major non-sequitur you got going there. It's cerainly not logical. It might make sense, but it doesn't follow from anything.

Jovan
what's the problem? confused

Bardock42
what's the problem? confused

Just that I don't think it follows logically from anything that has been said in any of the movies.

I do agree though that there can be explanations as to why it is the way it is. To me, it just looks out of place and a bit idiotic (partly because of the Luke asking "Shit, who is that young dude next to Ben and Yoda"wink

Jovan
I don't see the problem... Ben and Yoda looks like how they died: they were Jedi the entire time, didn't go dark. Anakin did, he fell and that made that his ghost-appearance would look like him before his fall. Sounds logic to me.

Bardock42
I don't see the problem... Ben and Yoda looks like how they died: they were Jedi the entire time, didn't go dark. Anakin did, he fell and that made that his ghost-appearance would look like him before his fall. Sounds logic to me.

Oh, but he redeemed himself before his death, so, by that logic old makes more sense. As I said, no problem though, just...odd and stupid.

queeq
I agree with Bardock.

Jovan
Oh, but he redeemed himself before his death, so, by that logic old makes more sense. As I said, no problem though, just...odd and stupid.
well, it fitted well into the marketing at the time... new episode underway and the release of the OT on DVD. He got lucky about having some sort of vague explanation in the movies

Bardock42
well, it fitted well into the marketing at the time... new episode underway and the release of the OT on DVD. He got lucky about having some sort of vague explanation in the movies That's how I see it, too. It was more done for marketing then for making sense within the movies.

queeq
Money is ruining the OT and the PT... and the Indiana Jones series. There is a pattern there.

Bardock42
Money is ruining the OT and the PT... and the Indiana Jones series. There is a pattern there. To be fair though, the PT is nowhere near as shitty as KOTCS

queeq
It's showing the same cracks. Maybe the reason why it doesn't show is because it's a completely different setting and completely different actors.

sweersa
Well, I look at the PT as I do the OT. I love them both as great and epic Star Wars films.

I look at the Indiana Jones Trilogy, and then...oh yeah, we have that new one...I don't take that one real seriously. In my opinion it is average at best and doesn't go down in history as amazing as the other Indy films.

I swear, if Lucas makes Star Wars VII Shia will be a Jedi Knight...lol

queeq
AOTC is not a great and epic SW film... hehehehe

parvati120
I think they should replace the anakin spirit with an older but unscarred version of darth vader because he went back to the light side, Luke would actually know who he is
you don't see obi wan as a young man

though I can believe we'd all look like when we were in our prime in heaven
ofcourse that was never the goal of it as SW is a purely atheistic film :O

queeq
Originally posted by parvati120
I think they should replace the anakin spirit with an older but unscarred version of darth vader because he went back to the light side, Luke would actually know who he is
you don't see obi wan as a young man

You mean: leave it the way it was.

sweersa
AOTC is not a great and epic SW film... hehehehe

Common...the Kamino scenes and the Geonosis battle is worth the wait. Plus Jango Fett is pretty sweet. Like Darth Maul, killed in the same movie we first see him, hehehe, oh well. WEe get plenty more Jangos to go around!

queeq
Some scenes are nice, but "some nice scenes" don't an epic movie make.

parvati120
can hardly remember the plot of AotC already so yea I kinda agree it must not have been really epic

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>