Satanism vs. Christianity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XvampbenjiiX666
this thread is just to see whether more people prefer Satanism or Christianity...i myself prefer Satanism

Bardock42
Satanism has certainly done less harm.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
this thread is just to see whether more people prefer Satanism or Christianity...i myself prefer Satanism

Nether. One delusion is not better then another delusion.

XvampbenjiiX666
true...Satanist aren't as cruel

Symmetric Chaos
Satanism is quite a bit more fun.

XvampbenjiiX666
i think its better than believing in a god that lets ppl you love and know get hurt or die horribly

Shakyamunison
i think its better than believing in a god that lets ppl you love and know get hurt or die horribly

But Satanists still believe in that fictional god.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Nether. One delusion is not better then another delusion. Says the Buddhist.

LaVeyian Satanism to me seems to have quite some merit. I am not very informed about it altogether though.

XvampbenjiiX666
But Satanists still believe in that fictional god.

only when we call him the enslaver of the human kind...we still do but for that reason

Shakyamunison
only when we call him the enslaver of the human kind...we still do but for that reason

But the god of the bible is no different then the gods of the Greek or Roman mythology. Satan is also in the same boat.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
LaVeyian Satanism to me seems to have quite some merit. I am not very informed about it altogether though.

Elaborate.

XvampbenjiiX666
true...they may be in the same boat but all our different

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Elaborate.

Well, it is basically just individualism or objectivism, philosophical ideas which are very logical and explicable and also useful for a number of purposes, it adds some rituals and minor mystic believes, though they are more drama and show than anything, the philosophy seems intelligent and acceptable.

XvampbenjiiX666
there is also theistic satanism where we believe the christian god is the enslaver of the humankind and Satan is the god of darkness and sin, and that he's the almighty

XvampbenjiiX666
where laveyan is just philosphy theistic is rituals

Bardock42
there is also theistic satanism where we believe the christian god is the enslaver of the humankind and Satan is the god of darkness and sin, and that he's the almighty I know. It's stupid.

Shakyamunison
true...they may be in the same boat but all our different

Then why do you believe in something that does not exist?

Symmetric Chaos
Well, it is basically just individualism or objectivism, philosophical ideas which are very logical and explicable and also useful for a number of purposes, it adds some rituals and minor mystic believes, though they are more drama and show than anything, the philosophy seems intelligent and acceptable.

Huh, looked it up on wiki. Seems like what people do anyway just taken to the extreme and worded in order to add a bit of shock value.

Bardock42
Huh, looked it up on wiki. Seems like what people do anyway just taken to the extreme and worded in order to add a bit of shock value. Indeed.

DigiMark007
We have Satanism threads already. This should either be closed or merged.

And beyond that, if you want to discuss Satanism, go ahead and say so. But trying to do so under the pretense of "which has more adherents" is a bit unecessary, don't you think? Clearly it's Christianity.

Bardock42
Originally posted by DigiMark007
We have Satanism threads already. This should either be closed or merged.

And beyond that, if you want to discuss Satanism, go ahead and say so. But trying to do so under the pretense of "which has more adherents" is a bit unecessary, don't you think? Clearly it's Christianity. Yeah, but that's not taking into consideration atheists, christmas christians and all other religions.

Devil King
christmas christians

I like that.

DigiMark007
Yeah, but that's not taking into consideration atheists, christmas christians and all other religions.

How is this relevant to the main question of numbers though? Christianity makes up a third of the world's population. Even removing Christmas Christians (I like the term, btw wink ), there's no way Satanism has anywhere near as many adherents.

Bardock42
How is this relevant to the main question of numbers though? Christianity makes up a third of the world's population. Even removing Christmas Christians (I like the term, btw wink ), there's no way Satanism has anywhere near as many adherents. It is relevant as what you are using there is a change of the main question. The main question was "which do you prefer" not "which do you prefer and you are only allowed to answer if you adhere to either of them". If it was the second you were right and the thread would have little point.

Furion
? Christianity.

123KID
Satanism is a fad for teenagers who want to say "lol i's radical and different"
nevermind they'd only actually be radical and different if they DIDN'T act like idiots

DigiMark007
Fair enough Bardock. Well played.

glare

But meh, Satanism isn't exactly as out there as the name implies. The Satanic Bible even admits that the deities involved in such beliefs (devils, angels, etc.) likely don't exist. It's just an egocentric philosophy repackaged with some voodoo and various ritual instructions.

Boris
None, they both suck ass.

BackFire
Satanism is worse because the people who believe in Satanism often like vampires, and vampires are gay.

cococryspies
But meh, Satanism isn't exactly as out there as the name implies. The Satanic Bible even admits that the deities involved in such beliefs (devils, angels, etc.) likely don't exist. It's just an egocentric philosophy repackaged with some voodoo and various ritual instructions.

Yeah, Satan isn't actually worshipped. He's just a symbol of defiance, which is the major point of the religion. They use Satan to mock christianity.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by cococryspies
Yeah, Satan isn't actually worshipped. He's just a symbol of defiance, which is the major point of the religion. They use Satan to mock christianity.

Why not mock Christianity directly?

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
Satanism is worse because the people who believe in Satanism often like vampires, and vampires are gay. You know Zombies are just stupid Vampires.

cococryspies
Why not mock Christianity directly?

Cause saying "I don't like christianity" doesn't strike as much fear in the religious as saying "I worship the devil".

Non-believers are just sinners, satanists are evil.

BackFire
You know Zombies are just stupid Vampires.

But they're not all faggy and homo-erotic, and their movies are better.

123KID
no they're stupid

Symmetric Chaos
Cause saying "I don't like christianity" doesn't strike as much fear in the religious as saying "I worship the devil".

Non-believers are just sinners, satanists are evil.

confused

TRH
There are more Christians than satanists,that's for sure

Boris
Vampires are better than Zombie-Jesus.. or even Raptor Jesus! AHHHHHHHHH!

Transfinitum
This is the most disgusting thing I have seen in a while. The idea that satanism is even a comparison to Christianity is sickening. Compare the Catholic Church, whose single goal is to promote the welfare of the world through prayer, almsgiving, charity, and salvation to a cult that is so twisted as to believe evil is good and truth is fallacy, and whose only goal is to achieve power during their short lifetime. It is comparing the church of the incarnate God who created everything, including all people out of His love, to the destructive forces that try to kill them all and corrupt their soul and future. There is no greater goal for a Christian than to save, for a Satanist to kill. The truth is self-explanatory.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Transfinitum
This is the most disgusting thing I have seen in a while. The idea that satanism is even a comparison to Christianity is sickening. Compare the Catholic Church, whose single goal is to promote the welfare of the world through prayer, almsgiving, charity, and salvation to a cult that is so twisted as to believe evil is good and truth is fallacy, and whose only goal is to achieve power during their short lifetime. It is comparing the church of the incarnate God who created everything, including all people out of His love, to the destructive forces that try to kill them all and corrupt their soul and future. There is no greater goal for a Christian than to save, for a Satanist to kill. The truth is self-explanatory.

Do you know anything about Satanism? I'm not trying to mock you....just asking, really. Because my guess is you don't.

Transfinitum
I have met Satanists... the only reason they believe in the Devil is the allure of power. It is a selfish, monstrous belief.

DigiMark007
I have met Satanists... the only reason they believe in the Devil is the allure of power. It is a selfish, monstrous belief.

Ah, so case studies count as empirical data now? No, I meant do you actually understand the philosophy, or are you just attacking it because of the name (which, admittedly, is probably the reaction they expect, but still isn't warranted)?

XvampbenjiiX666
not all Satanist want power...they want understanding and want more than a "god" that lets you live life not knowing what to do, not knowing why we hurt, why our lives get screwed up even though we worship it for hours on end...thats what alot of Satanist want...a God who can tell us these things and one we can trust

besides...this forum is to show what people prefer...not which is better

Bardock42
to the destructive forces that try to kill them all and corrupt their soul and future.

Which that stupid piece of shit God has created as well. Here's a tip for that fascist God *******:

DO NOT CREATE EVIL!

God's ways are mysterious my ass, they are just cruel and stupid. Like the mother****er himself.

XvampbenjiiX666
Which that stupid piece of shit God has created as well. Here's a tip for that fascist God *******:

DO NOT CREATE EVIL!

God's ways are mysterious my ass, they are just cruel and stupid. Like the mother****er himself.

Thank you Bardock

Symmetric Chaos

Judge not lest ye be judged, especially when you seem as though you don't know what you're talking about.

Boris

Sounds like all the rest! Islam and Christianity spring to mind!

They're both quite ****ed up!

XvampbenjiiX666
it might sound it but if you take the time to learn more about it...it sounds alot better than most religions

DigiMark007
It's like Ayn Rand with voodoo rituals.

...so, in other words, not too great.

erm

As always, one could do worse, but that's like saying a bee sting is a good thing because it won't kill you. Sure, you live, but it still kinda sucks.

XvampbenjiiX666
................weird way to put it...but yea i guess

Transfinitum
There is a simple comparison that can be made to sort all of this out. The Catholic Church and Christendom in general believes that there is a Heaven and a Hell, and attempt to strive towards paradise (heaven) rather than eternal suffering and punishment (hell). The Atheist or Agnostic does not believe in a heaven or hell, but the Satanist believes that there is a hell and knows beyond a shadow of a doubt he is going there! To eternal damnation. Also the philosophies of Satanism are so cruel as to this extent: To celebrate a "black mass" one must go to a Catholic Church, steal the consecrated host and then go and blaspheme and mutilate it. The philosophy is self-explanatory.

Symmetric Chaos
There is a simple comparison that can be made to sort all of this out. The Catholic Church and Christendom in general believes that there is a Heaven and a Hell, and attempt to strive towards paradise (heaven) rather than eternal suffering and punishment (hell). The Atheist or Agnostic does not believe in a heaven or hell, but the Satanist believes that there is a hell and knows beyond a shadow of a doubt he is going there! To eternal damnation. Also the philosophies of Satanism are so cruel as to this extent: To celebrate a "black mass" one must go to a Catholic Church, steal the consecrated host and then go and blaspheme and mutilate it. The philosophy is self-explanatory.

no expression

chickenlover98
no expression

HE BE SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!?!?!?! evil face evil face

Bardock42
It's like Ayn Rand with voodoo rituals.

...so, in other words, not too great.

erm

As always, one could do worse, but that's like saying a bee sting is a good thing because it won't kill you. Sure, you live, but it still kinda sucks. W-what's wrong with Objectivism? I mean...except for nothing?

Bardock42
There is a simple comparison that can be made to sort all of this out. The Catholic Church and Christendom in general believes that there is a Heaven and a Hell, and attempt to strive towards paradise (heaven) rather than eternal suffering and punishment (hell). The Atheist or Agnostic does not believe in a heaven or hell, but the Satanist believes that there is a hell and knows beyond a shadow of a doubt he is going there! To eternal damnation. Also the philosophies of Satanism are so cruel as to this extent: To celebrate a "black mass" one must go to a Catholic Church, steal the consecrated host and then go and blaspheme and mutilate it. The philosophy is self-explanatory. Well, because the whole Heaven and Hell thing might just be propaganda by the supreme fascist.

Storm
Satanism of the sort where believers consciously worship Satan as an evil entity or an enemy of the Christian God is confined to rumour, disturbed teenagers, and bad heavy metal music.

There are many varieties of Satanic belief, ranging from religious to political. Because there is no real consensus of belief in the Satanic community, it is difficult to present one cohesive Satanic doctrine.

Quark_666

DO NOT CREATE EVIL!

You aren't changing my mind about God at all. There are those of us who base our lives and ethics off the existence of this God...and while we can usually tolerate it when people call him things we don't like, the last thing it can do is change our minds.

Basically I'm hoping you change your persuasion tactics.

XvampbenjiiX666
i'm not hoping to change anyone's mind...just trying to figure out which has more believers

DigiMark007
W-what's wrong with Objectivism? I mean...except for nothing?

Objectivism's great!

...in principle ( stick out tongue ). But impossible to determine, like any attempt at wholly objective truth.

Amusingly, Rand herself went bat-sh*t crazy toward the end of her life and created herself to be the final word on any subject. Objectivism was true, and she was its ultimate seer on any topic. Once she determined "truth" anyone within her circle of friends (almost cult-ish by the end of her life) who disagreed would be expelled.

I have slightly less problem with the ethical egoism she set up as her moral philosophy. It's not too far from some statements in the Satanic Bible, though more eloquent (she was a good writer, if nothing else). But problems with the existence of a "self," and the dualism created by setting things up as either altruistic or selfish, lead me to sour to that idea as well.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quark_666
You aren't changing my mind about God at all. There are those of us who base our lives and ethics off the existence of this God...and while we can usually tolerate it when people call him things we don't like, the last thing it can do is change our minds.

Basically I'm hoping you change your persuasion tactics. Why, do you want your mind to be changed?

Bardock42
Objectivism's great!

...in principle ( stick out tongue ). But impossible to determine, like any attempt at wholly objective truth.

Amusingly, Rand herself went bat-sh*t crazy toward the end of her life and created herself to be the final word on any subject. Objectivism was true, and she was its ultimate seer on any topic. Once she determined "truth" anyone within her circle of friends (almost cult-ish by the end of her life) who disagreed would be expelled.

I have slightly less problem with the ethical egoism she set up as her moral philosophy. It's not too far from some statements in the Satanic Bible, though more eloquent (she was a good writer, if nothing else). But problems with the existence of a "self," and the dualism created by setting things up as either altruistic or selfish, lead me to sour to that idea as well. Oh, I agree with you on the Objective/Subjective thing...it's an interesting take, not provable though, but to me that never was the important thing about her philosophy. It's also not the thing that is similar to Satanism.

XvampbenjiiX666
wow..never thought there'd be this many ppl

Quark_666
Why, do you want your mind to be changed?

I like being challenged. That is the point of arguments. I don't like to read opinions by themselves. I can think of opinions by myself. I prefer to listen to the reasons behind the opinions.

For example, anyone could formulate an opinion that the earth was formed from a yellow orange fathered by our sun, and it wouldn't be very interesting to me personally. But if somebody could give me the logic behind that belief, I would be very interested. It probably wouldn't change my opinion that the earth was formed by an evolutionary process erupting from a big bang, but I would be interested.

Likewise, when somebody says this...

...as too many on KMC already have, I don't agree with that particular somebody. But as a practitioner of a religion based off of God, I'm interested to know how you would support such a statement about a figure whose image has so much to do with the quality of my life.

chickenlover98
...as too many on KMC already have, I don't agree with that particular somebody. But as a practitioner of a religion based off of God, I'm interested to know how you would support such a statement about a figure whose image has so much to do with the quality of my life.

easy to defend. a vague figure from the past sets hazy guidelines and expects you to follow them or face torture for eternity. now perhaps satan ramming u in the ass is what you'd like, but personally im good with just not existing.

besides god is extremely duplicitos(new fav word??) saying he has "eternal love" yet he condems his creations to suffer. sorry but when you love someone you dont send them to be tortured. i could go on...if you like

Bardock42
I like being challenged. That is the point of arguments. I don't like to read opinions by themselves. I can think of opinions by myself. I prefer to listen to the reasons behind the opinions.

For example, anyone could formulate an opinion that the earth was formed from a yellow orange fathered by our sun, and it wouldn't be very interesting to me personally. But if somebody could give me the logic behind that belief, I would be very interested. It probably wouldn't change my opinion that the earth was formed by an evolutionary process erupting from a big bang, but I would be interested.

Likewise, when somebody says this...

...as too many on KMC already have, I don't agree with that particular somebody. But as a practitioner of a religion based off of God, I'm interested to know how you would support such a statement about a figure whose image has so much to do with the quality of my life. Well, I can explain to you very well why I think that the fictional character God, many Christians believe in, would be cruel and not mysterious if the feats ascribed to him were true. Is that what you want?

Quark_666
Originally posted by chickenlover98
easy to defend. a vague figure from the past sets hazy guidelines and expects you to follow them or face torture for eternity. now perhaps satan ramming u in the ass is what you'd like, but personally im good with just not existing.

besides god is extremely duplicitos(new fav word??) saying he has "eternal love" yet he condems his creations to suffer. sorry but when you love someone you dont send them to be tortured. i could go on...if you like

That would be kind of pointless since my religion doesn't believe God sends people to eternal torment anyway, huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degrees_of_glory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Darkness

Well, I can explain to you very well why I think that the fictional character God, many Christians believe in, would be cruel and not mysterious if the feats ascribed to him were true. Is that what you want?

Any one of us can do that. I've heard millions of them. Good heavens, I've read posts of all sizes, shapes and colors by Digi, Leon and you, and I could still have added more support to them. I've read some convincing atheist books as well.

None of them actually mattered to me because most your points were based off of catholic, evangelical or protestant beliefs. I'm Mormon, remember? Even experienced anti-Mormons don't try to act like the Mormon version of God is unreasonable. Sure, they attack the Book of Mormon or Joseph Smith a lot, but the only argument I've heard against the Mormon view of God is that it doesn't correlate with Catholic beliefs.

But my point was more about your aggressive attack on a religious figure whose status is by no means set in stone. I would also have been annoyed if you'd blatantly insulted Muhammad or Buddha or some religious figure because I'm not particularly tolerant of religious intolerance.

chickenlover98
That would be kind of pointless since my religion doesn't believe God sends people to eternal torment anyway, huh?

Any one of us can do that. I've heard millions of them. Good heavens, I've read posts of all sizes, shapes and colors by Digi, Leon and you, and I could still have added more support to them. I've read some convincing atheist books as well.

None of them actually mattered to me because most your points were based off of catholic, evangelical or protestant beliefs. I'm Mormon, remember? Even experienced anti-Mormons don't try to act like the Mormon version of God is unreasonable. Sure, they attack the Book of Mormon or Joseph Smith a lot, but the only argument I've heard against the Mormon view of God is that it doesn't correlate with Catholic beliefs.

But my point was more about your aggressive attack on a religious figure whose status is by no means set in stone. I would also have been annoyed if you'd blatantly insulted Muhammad or Buddha or some religious figure because I'm not particularly tolerant of religious intolerance.

actually quark, i had no idea you were mormon. btw ive been wonderin doesnt the mormon religion state that only 144,000 mormons get into heaven? if this is true WHY THE **** WOULD U BE CONVERTING MORE PEOPLE!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quark_666
doesnt the mormon religion state that only 144,000 mormons get into heaven?

Who told you that one? laughing

Bardock42

Yes, they were based on Catholic and Evangelical views of God. No sane person talks about your Mormon god when they refer to God...and I am sorry, but insulting an evil and mean character from a book, whether that character is based in truth or not is not religious intolerance. It is my opinion of the character. If I would discriminate against Christians because they like that *******, that might be intolerant, I don't, I just treat them like someone who thinks Britney Spears is the best musician ever. Unless you want to accuse me of musical intolerance, because I don't believe that someone that can't play an instrument, doesn't write their own music and sings mediocre at best is a great musician, I think I can call a character (God) evil, harmful and mean for killing multiple people throughout his development in multiple books, creating a choice between ultimate pain and ultimate salvation and making it impossible for many to achieve the salvation, as well as hiding his existence as well as possible, creating the ultimate "evil" that tries to destroy and harm his creation he apparently loves so much and setting his creation in an harmful environment with the ability to feel unimaginable pain for no good reason whatsoever. I am sorry, mysterious just doesn't cut it here, that's like saying Palpatine's ways are mysterious....Sauron's ways are mysterious....it's not, they are evil, mean and harmful towards all kinds of people. I am not intolerant, I just look at the literature given and evaluate it by reasonable standards.

DigiMark007
wow..never thought there'd be this many ppl

It's the internet. People bone like rabbits and they all have broadband.

no expression

Symmetric Chaos
It's the internet. People bone like rabbits

You wish no expression

XvampbenjiiX666
anyway people, theres alot of good stuff in here...i'm out of shit for now

Quark_666
anyway people, theres alot of good stuff in here...i'm out of shit for now

Aw...just get involved with these debates and you'll learn to maintain an endless supply!

Quark_666
No sane person talks about your Mormon god when they refer to God...

Well, I guess that settles it. We're talking about two entirely different beings here I suppose.

Maybe I'll even consider the possibility of resolving to quit dishing you BS...now that I know you like being thought of as a sane person!

chickenlover98
Who told you that one? laughing

o thats not true??? embarrasment ive heard that from many people o well. bad chicken lover, BAD mad

Bardock42
Well, I guess that settles it. We're talking about two entirely different beings here I suppose.

Maybe I'll even consider the possibility of resolving to quit dishing you BS...now that I know you like being thought of as a sane person! I didn't say I am a sane person.

Besides, you knew I meant the Christian God from the start.

chickenlover98
I didn't say I am a sane person.

silly bardock we already knew u were a mass murderer laughing

Deja~vu
They both claim to enjoy destroying for their good pleasure.

Quark_666
I didn't say I am a sane person.

Yeah, it's about time I confess I'm just giving you BS. embarrasment

Quark_666
o thats not true??? embarrasment ive heard that from many people o well. bad chicken lover, BAD mad

mad mad mad

Bardock42
Yeah, it's about time I confess I'm just giving you BS. embarrasment Good. Make it more logical in the future. Mostly good though. Hell, everyone's a critic, eh?

Quark_666
Good. Make it more logical in the future. Mostly good though. Hell, everyone's a critic, eh?

I will! ...I think

Promises, promiseserm

Deja~vu
I sens hostile things here.

Quark_666
What you sense is mostly from the "republican nom." thread. I was having some fun being a jerk...

XvampbenjiiX666
yea...religons are full of jerks

Deja~vu
They jerk off and won't admit it too. Cause it's a sin. blink

XvampbenjiiX666
i bet most do...

XvampbenjiiX666
any new arguments?

sweersa
any new arguments?

Satan's path will lead to self destruction.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by sweersa
Satan's path will lead to self destruction. i self destructed in yo momma last night eek! o snap i went there

Shakyamunison
i self destructed in yo momma last night eek! o snap i went there

Now you have to take care of the rest of the family.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q261/mduncan2006/Ugly.jpg

laughing

chickenlover98
Now you have to take care of the rest of the family.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q261/mduncan2006/Ugly.jpg

laughing your a horrible person sick

Shakyamunison
your a horrible person sick laughing Thank you.

chickenlover98
laughing Thank you. your sick mad

Shakyamunison
your sick mad

I'm not the one who did their ugly fat sister. eek!

spadoinkle
I'm not the one who did their ugly fat sister. eek!

Oh snap!!!!! Chicken you going to take that?

out of all the smilies we have how can we not have one snapping his fingers?

chickenlover98
Originally posted by spadoinkle
Oh snap!!!!! Chicken you going to take that?

out of all the smilies we have how can we not have one snapping his fingers? yo mama

Grand_Moff_Gav
Says the Buddhist.

such as...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
such as... The merit? Well, a strong individualism, yet a relatively moral base. An embrace for stronger egoism and believe in the greatness of humans. Though all dressed in silly cultplay.

Grand_Moff_Gav
The merit? Well, a strong individualism, yet a relatively moral base. An embrace for stronger egoism and believe in the greatness of humans. Though all dressed in silly cultplay.

Interesting.

Bardock42
Interesting. Yeah, I did enjoy the little reading about it I did. I saw some of my believes reflected in it. It seems rather Randian in some ways.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Hmm, I'm not sure if the attempt to empower humans is as innocent as it seems. Sure its a nice idea, but if a person gets into a fixation that they are more powerful than they are, bad things happen.

Deja~vu
Satanism does NOT impose.

Bardock42
Hmm, I'm not sure if the attempt to empower humans is as innocent as it seems. Sure its a nice idea, but if a person gets into a fixation that they are more powerful than they are, bad things happen. Well, I don't think it is about empowerment beyond reason. I think it is more about freeing humans from trivial burdens. To not condemn their desires as sins. It's certainly strongly countering against what LaVey saw as the wrongs of Religion. To me, similar to Christianity, I can find pieces I like in the philosophy of LaVeyian Satanism, admittedly even more than with Christianity.

Deja~vu
It's all just living your life, really.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Deja~vu
It's all just living your life, really. Would you kindly live yours somewhere else, please?

Deja~vu
Nah........It is just part of your experience......just like I always say.."Ich HeBe".LOL

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well, I don't think it is about empowerment beyond reason. I think it is more about freeing humans from trivial burdens. To not condemn their desires as sins. It's certainly strongly countering against what LaVey saw as the wrongs of Religion. To me, similar to Christianity, I can find pieces I like in the philosophy of LaVeyian Satanism, admittedly even more than with Christianity.

Freedom from the oppression of superstition and the chains of lies...

Of course, I wouldn't like it because I do believe humanity is in a fallen state, but then again I see humans as wondrous beings capable of just as much good as evil, more so perhaps.

BetrayedUnicorn
Satinism is just a religon created to be as imoral and bad as you can and when you do this you have no one to answer to,so IMO it is just a poor excuse to be bad and not have to answer for it. IMO obviously.

King Kandy
I actually agree. Actually all religion is just an excuse to do what you please (of course there are limits.)

Yoshi Mitsukai
Christianity.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Yoshi Mitsukai
Christianity.

Buddhism.

Yoshi Mitsukai
I am Christian. Don't think by the Japanese name that I am Japanese. I made the name up from Japanese words.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Yoshi Mitsukai
I am Christian. Don't think by the Japanese name that I am Japanese. I made the name up from Japanese words.

I am Buddhist... and I am also not Japanese.

BetrayedUnicorn
jew...why are we spasmodically naming religons?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by BetrayedUnicorn
jew...why are we spasmodically naming religons?

That is a good question. big grin

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by BetrayedUnicorn
Satinism is just a religon created to be as imoral and bad as you can and when you do this you have no one to answer to,so IMO it is just a poor excuse to be bad and not have to answer for it. IMO obviously.

Nah thats not the impression I got, but there is less guilt.

Impediment
Here is a civil interview I found with Peter Gilmore, the High Priest of the Church of Satan:

W4SraX4inJw

Deja~vu
It's not like they are for Satan or anything. Why would they worship an imaginary thing that we don't even know what it looks like.....Oops possession is really bad..

Kykiokushin
Satanism is certainly not the better of the two... although christianity isn't the best it certainly is better than satanism...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kykiokushin
Satanism is certainly not the better of the two... although christianity isn't the best it certainly is better than satanism...

Disagree. I'd take LaVey Satanism over any club of Christianity any day.

Kykiokushin
Disagree. I'd take LaVey Satanism over any club of Christianity any day.

Interesting that you say this. Why so? What make christianity so much worse than satanism.. Rather I should be asking what makes LaVey Satanism better than any form of Christianity? I'm not trying to put down what you'd rather believe, I just prefer to know more about different faiths and beliefs.

Bardock42
Interesting that you say this. Why so? What make christianity so much worse than satanism.. Rather I should be asking what makes LaVey Satanism better than any form of Christianity? I'm not trying to put down what you'd rather believe, I just prefer to know more about different faiths and beliefs.

For one they hardly believe in any supernatural beings that they have to obey.
Then, as far as I know, around 0 people got killed in the name of LaVeyian Satanism.
Their philosophy makes quite a lot of sense, to look out for yourself, take no shit from people, etc.
They also don't use their influence (which, admittedly is limited) to oppress their fellow citizens by democratic means.

That's what I can think about on the top of my head.

Kykiokushin
Hmmm Could you recommend an resources, books, sites so I could do more research on it.... seems like something I'd really like to study.smile

Bardock42
Hmmm Could you recommend an resources, books, sites so I could do more research on it.... seems like something I'd really like to study.smile Why don't you start with the Wikipedia page and then follow links from there. My knowledge doesn't exceed that anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

Kykiokushin
reading....i kinda don't care for the whole idea of magic and rituals...somewhat reminds me of the wicker faith...

Bardock42
reading....i kinda don't care for the whole idea of magic and rituals...somewhat reminds me of the wicker faith...

I don't think their magic and rituals are very supernatural. It seems more like meditation and using a word for strong willpower.

Kykiokushin
I could care less in "Believing" in any religion but if I had to make a choice. from what I just read. LaVey Satanism isn't that bad. Like all faiths. There are those who will believe and disbelieve. I don't know to much to base a correct decision. I'll definetly do more research! smile

Impediment
Hmmm Could you recommend an resources, books, sites so I could do more research on it.... seems like something I'd really like to study.smile

A good place to start is by reading The Satanic Bible. It's the basis of the whole structure of Satanism, and is, in my opinion, a good read.

Tim Rout
Cause saying "I don't like christianity" doesn't strike as much fear in the religious as saying "I worship the devil".If it is the primary intent of Satanists to strike fear in the hearts of Christians, they're doing an awfully poor job of it. big grin

In truth, the Bible has some interesting things to say about Satanists. For example, those who worship gods other than Yahweh (the God of the Bible) are considered to be vicarious demon worshipers .

Non-believers are just sinners, satanists are evil. Since sin is the commission of evil -- or, from a biblical perspective, a violation of God's holy standard -- I'm not sure I understand your point. Satanists are no more or less subject to God's wrath than any other unsaved persons. And similarly, Satanists are no less redeemable, should they repent and surrender to Christ by faith.

Storm
Satanism of the sort where believers consciously worship Satan as an evil entity or an enemy of the Christian God is a small minority.

Deja~vu
Yep

red g jacks
church of satan is gay cause they dont even worship satan. what kind of nonsense is that? then they try to play this fact off as some sort of deep 'symbolism' when really its just goth kidz 2daxtreme. they take the credit away from the real satan worshippers who actually have the balls to be evil.

A Dose Of Vraya
I think I believe in a mix of worshipping Satan, and worshipping what satan symbolises. I believe that Satan was the pseudonym for a real man, perhaps an incarnation of purest evil. While I tip my hat to him for his beliefs which have inspired me to do whatever the **** i want, I wouldn't worship him, because the jackass is dead.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by A Dose Of Vraya
I think I believe in a mix of worshipping Satan, and worshipping what satan symbolises. I believe that Satan was the pseudonym for a real man, perhaps an incarnation of purest evil. While I tip my hat to him for his beliefs which have inspired me to do whatever the **** i want, I wouldn't worship him, because the jackass is dead. hysterical i think satan is god on his period. ya know, just sayin wink

A Dose Of Vraya
hysterical i think satan is god on his period. ya know, just sayin wink haermm

Deja~vu
The Bible teaches that Satan is viagra........He want's to do it/be it soooooooo bad.........lol

Shakyamunison
hysterical i think satan is god on his period. ya know, just sayin wink

"He"s don't have periods. Didn't you ever get that talk? laughing

DigiMark007
"He"s don't have periods. Didn't you ever get that talk? laughing

But if God is perfect in all aspects, then He is perpetually the perfect period. In fact, He is perfectly in all stages of His divine menstrual cycle at all times. He is also, by this logic, always in any state, which means He is currently giving birth to my head attached to Chuck Norris' body. In a Batman suit.

no expression

References Cited:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/t485248.html

willofthewisp
Why don't you start with the Wikipedia page and then follow links from there. My knowledge doesn't exceed that anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

Not trying to bash anything since I'm very ignorant on this subject, but after reading the summary of this belief system, how is self-indulgence a value, and is there any limit to the amount a person indulges in him/herself? It just seems to me that one person's self-indulgence can at times impede someone else's.

Bardock42
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Not trying to bash anything since I'm very ignorant on this subject, but after reading the summary of this belief system, how is self-indulgence a value, and is there any limit to the amount a person indulges in him/herself? It just seems to me that one person's self-indulgence can at times impede someone else's.

In what way do you mean that?

willofthewisp
Well, does it condone stealing from someone else? If I want something of yours, valuing self-indulgence would tell me to take it. But in that case, it stops your self-indulgence because you no longer have the object.

I understand all belief systems have their share of paradoxes, but I just want a firmer grasp on what this means.

Bardock42

DigiMark007
I always considered it closer to altrusitic selfishness, which would be consistent with much of Rand-ian thought. It's an inherently selfish system, since it sees no reason to be "moral" in a traditional sense, but oftentimes acting kind toward others is a "net profit" for the person in the form of some received benefit (friendship, money, accolades, etc.), so that it remains what is best for the individual, but often coincides with what is best for the group. And bad actions (stealing, killing, etc.) generally end negatively for the person.

Seen this way, if you found a group of people living this way, they'd probably be able to live fairly harmoniously. Though the sense of genuine altruism would be stripped from it, which is why it doesn't appeal to most.

A Dose Of Vraya
Yep, sophisticated indulgence.
Bardock, I don't really understand number six. Under what grounds would said possession become a burden?

En Sabah Nur X
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Well, does it condone stealing from someone else? If I want something of yours, valuing self-indulgence would tell me to take it. But in that case, it stops your self-indulgence because you no longer have the object.

I understand all belief systems have their share of paradoxes, but I just want a firmer grasp on what this means.

Yes, the only belief system that unifies them all and is free of paradoxes is my own, an evolved form of christianity that is based or has its foundation on reason, logic, mathematics, and science... and thus will in the end be proven right as science, reason, logic, and mathematics grow in power so too does my belief system... it will slay all false gods except the one TRUE GOD|LAW|Evolution.

Bardock42
Originally posted by A Dose Of Vraya
Yep, sophisticated indulgence.
Bardock, I don't really understand number six. Under what grounds would said possession become a burden?

I have no idea, but if it never does that wouldn't really apply would it.

Bowser jr
you don't here people talk about satanism as a religion, not like the others. ask your self this: are religions worth it? when we die we all end up in the ground one way or another and all religions are the same no matter what.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bowser jr
all religions are the same no matter what

We have enough assholes who've convinced themselves of that already. You need a shtick that won't be quite so boring.

Deja~vu

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>