Dubstep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathblow
Just curious if there are any fans? It's still a pretty underground scene but it's massive in my city and after seeing artists like Plastician, Skream, Digital Mystikz and Benga live I've got really deep into it. Such an interesting change of pace from drum & bass, breakbeat and psytrance.

vanice
I recently bought Burials latest album Untrue, but that's about everything I've heard.. But I'm getting more and more interested in the British garage, dubstep and drum'n'bass scene. Do you have any good tips on where to begin?

chillmeistergen
It's pretty big down here, loads of clubs have started doing dub step nights. I like it and I agree it's an interesting change from drum n bass etc.

Deathblow
Originally posted by vanice
I recently bought Burials latest album Untrue, but that's about everything I've heard.. But I'm getting more and more interested in the British garage, dubstep and drum'n'bass scene. Do you have any good tips on where to begin?

Skream - Skream! is a good a record to start with as any. Also, not on that album, but check out the song 'Lightning' by Skream, and 'Drumz West' by Benga. Oh yeah and the current dubstep floorfiller of choice is 'Slow Reaktion'. I find it kind of annoying but it's so popular.

D&B wise, Power Ballads by London Elektricity and Ghetto Blaster by Cyantific and High Society by High Contrast are pretty much three pinnacle albums of the genre. All released on the same label, too.

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
It's pretty big down here, loads of clubs have started doing dub step nights. I like it and I agree it's an interesting change from drum n bass etc.

Where are you from?

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Deathblow
Where are you from?

Devon, So I've been to dubstep nights mainly round the southwest i.e Plymouth, Exeter, Barnstaple, Brighton and Bristol.

Is it London you're from, what's the club scene like for dubstep there?

Deathblow
I'm in Brighton now, which is where I've got into it. Scene's huge. There's a big night at the club Concorde 2 called Superdubpressure that's become legendary. It's beginning to worm it's way into breakbeat sets now too, saw Edd Solo last night and even he dropped a bit of dubstep.

chillmeistergen

Deathblow
He's one of the most sought after DJs around at the moment, he's everywhere. You won't have to wait very long at all for another chance to see him.

chillmeistergen
Yeah, the only really annoying thing about it was that one of my mates was supporting, and it was a shame to miss him play a set to a bigger than usual crowd.

High Priest
Man dubstep is wicked underground ice awesome and N type rule !!!!

overlord
dubstep is okay

drum n bass dj's making dubstep bigger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UIWI_bcKWU

his dubstep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmAzlhCEjVM

MildPossession
It's not underground anymore where I am. Even in town the mainstream clubs have dubstep nights now. Someone on my street is a DJ at one of them and produces his own dubstep music.

Selphie
Jackass college kids are obsessed with dubstep in my area. It's probably not bad, but due to my association with college jackasses, I have a little prejudice.

Blinky
^ You associate with college jackasses?

"dubsteb"... hmmmm I really don't get what makes it so special.

Slay
I don't really like dubstep that much. I like dirty electronic music, if that makes sense, but it seems like every dubstep song has the same breakbeats to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.