African in America: I found FotN's blog.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
http://african-in-america.blogspot.com/

Makes sense to me.

Devil King
I can't really speak to the rest of it, but this much:

has happened. That's one of the reasons a large number of political personalities from LA went ape-shit. The state recieves, unlike most other coastal states, no revenue from it's off-shore resources.

Symmetric Chaos
If white people really managed that I think they've earned the right to use weather manipulation to kill whoever they want.

inimalist
so....

if Bush wanted to kill blacks and he has the ability to make Katrina level hurricanes...

why wouldn't he just, you know, hit Africa with it?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
so....

if Bush wanted to kill blacks and he has the ability to make Katrina level hurricanes...

why wouldn't he just, you know, hit Africa with it?

Africans that live in Africa have a naturally high level of midichlorians, which allows them to deflect weather altering lasers, due to mana fields present across the entire continent. The mana fields are thought to be the result of white men sacrificing indigo-babies to their reptile gods around 235BCE. The mana fields respond to skin color and naturally seek out those most similar to their origin, the dark skinned Africans in Africa thus monopolize the energy from the mana fields. A similar phenomnenon is obvious in Versailles in France.

It's really pretty obvious if you look at the facts.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Africans that live in Africa have a naturally high level of midichlorians, which allows them to deflect weather altering lasers, due to mana fields present across the entire continent. The mana fields are thought to be the result of white men sacrificing indigo-babies to their reptile gods around 235BCE. The mana fields respond to skin color and naturally seek out those most similar to their origin, the dark skinned Africans in Africa thus monopolize the energy from the mana fields. A similar phenomnenon is obvious in Versailles in France.

damn...

Why is American policy not worried about this obvious mana gap?

We need an anti-indigo missile shield

Devil King
Originally posted by inimalist
We need an anti-indigo missile shield

But let's build it in Alaska.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Devil King
But let's build it in Alaska.
Let's build it wherever Corrina lives.

Devil King
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Let's build it wherever Corrina lives.

Deal!

See, the government can be your friend.

WrathfulDwarf
White Devils!

Devil King
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
White Devils!

You talk like you want a hurricane up your ass!

WrathfulDwarf
You talk like you want a hurricane up your ass!

I knew it! The Man is always putting me down.

ragesRemorse
i like oreo's

Robtard
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i like oreo's

Isn't that when two black guys rape a white woman, "an Oreo?"

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Robtard
Isn't that when two black guys rape a white woman, "an Oreo?"

No, an Oreo is a Black guy who acts/tries to be White. So basically, it's the opposite of a Wigger.

And I must say; over-the-top Oreo's are a lot more tolerable than over-the-top Wiggers. A white guy saying "nigga" and acting all hard and ghetto is just straight-up annoying and stupid.

BackFire
Robtard's is funnier.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
No, an Oreo is a Black guy who acts/tries to be White. So basically, it's the opposite of a Wigger.

And I must say; over-the-top Oreo's are a lot more tolerable than over-the-top Wiggers. A white guy saying "nigga" and acting all hard and ghetto is just straight-up annoying and stupid.

Word, dawg.

no expression

dadudemon

I agree. When I see a "black" professor* talking every bit like his white professor contemporaries, I think nothing of it, but when I see a white person "actin' all ghetto gangsta" I find it rather annoying. The Tulsa area is full of "wiggers".

Seriously, though, is that because I am white? Am I conditioned to think that talking like a white professor is the way an educated smart person is supposed to sound like?...or is that the way it should be to begin with?

*It was pointed out to me by a racist white person that a professor I had high regard for was black(She had a distaste for my liking this professor and thought it important to let me know about it.)...I saw a great professor, the other person saw a black man.

Alfheim
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Word, dawg.

no expression

Get Digi! angrymob laughing

Originally posted by dadudemon
I agree. When I see a "black" professor* talking every bit like his white professor contemporaries, I think nothing of it, but when I see a white person "actin' all ghetto gangsta" I find it rather annoying. The Tulsa area is full of "wiggers".

Seriously, though, is that because I am white? Am I conditioned to think that talking like a white professor is the way an educated smart person is supposed to sound like?...or is that the way it should be to begin with?

*It was pointed out to me by a racist white person that a professor I had high regard for was black(She had a distaste for my liking this professor and thought it important to let me know about it.)...I saw a great professor, the other person saw a black man.

I think the reason is that a black person speaking educated isnt trying to be white he just simply thinks thats the right way to talk. Otherwise a wigger is being pretenious.

I however think it depends on the person.

Blax_Hydralisk

I happen to be an Oreo, incidentally.

Quiero Mota

Seriously, though, is that because I am white?

Is the pope Catholic?

Am I conditioned to think that talking like a white professor is the way an educated smart person is supposed to sound like?...or is that the way it should be to begin with?

Yes, that's because we live in a white-majority nation, and they're the example that the rest of us are expected to follow and emulate.

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

I probably could've guessed that. (No offense)

Robtard

Yes, that's because we live in a white-majority nation, and they're the example that the rest of us are expected to follow and emulate.

When in Rome?

Quiero Mota
When in Rome?

You could say that.

Alfheim

Im actually both. I can change the way I speak according to who I talk with. I can fit in with ****** and I can fit in with posh white people but posh white people think im a bit gangsta and and gangstas think im a bit posh. Im in the middle.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Alfheim
Im actually both. I can change the way I speak according to who I talk with. I can fit in with ****** and I can fit in with posh white people but posh white people think im a bit gangsta and and gangstas think im a bit posh. Im in the middle.

I can't stand ghetto black people. At all.

I used to live in Oakland and I hated it.

Bardock42
Katrina...named after the roomate of the son's wife of Bush's first grade teacher's best friend .....

WrathfulDwarf

It's just the Alameda area. erm

grey fox

Now this is REEEEEEALY nerdy, but isn't Mana green ? At least I think Mana is green.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
Now this is REEEEEEALY nerdy, but isn't Mana green ? At least I think Mana is green.

Mana is simply the energy of the land or energy passed on through heredity. I wasn't aware it was usually portrayed as having a specific color.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
He's thinking of that stupid card game, I believe.

Symmetric Chaos

Mana has like 8 colors in Magic.

Devil King

Why? I tend to find that most people, at least white people, dislike them because they're affraid of them. Just because people with my style of dress aren't typically seen with a cops knee forcing their faces into the ground doesn't really mean they're all out of get you.

Not that I'm saying that's actually how you feel, I just decided to use your statement as a chance to make my own.

grey fox

Nah, I mean Mana is used quite often in fiction (Mako, Mp etc) and from what I can remember it is usually a lime green-ish colour.

Blax_Hydralisk
Why? I tend to find that most people, at least white people, dislike them because they're affraid of them. Just because people with my style of dress aren't typically seen with a cops knee forcing their faces into the ground doesn't really mean they're all out of get you.

Not that I'm saying that's actually how you feel, I just decided to use your statement as a chance to make my own.

I dislike ghetto black people because I've lived around ad them my entire life and I dislike the black community in genral, not blacks ( I have no problem with otehr black people in geenral) and it's ideals and beliefs. I also don't like double standards that go on between the white community and the black community. FotN's attitude toward whites case-in-point.

I'll elaborate, if this is confusing..

Zeal Ex Nihilo

grrrl watchoo talkin' 'bout I be headin' down to get mah WIC coopons and EBTees.

Alfheim

*sigh* I never been to Oakland but I think I know where you coming from. Ive had varied experiences with ghetto black people and eventhough I dont want to generalise I have a feeling I know what you're talking about. sad

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, my definition of ghetto black people is a bit different. A black person who lives in the ghetto isn't necessarily a ghetto black person. Rather, it's a black person that just really knew stupid stuff that makes us all look bad, like that fat chick from The View who made the remark about notknowing if the world was flat, due to having kids.

Alfheim
Well, my definition of ghetto black people is a bit different. A black person who lives in the ghetto isn't necessarily a ghetto black person. Rather, it's a black person that just really knew stupid stuff that makes us all look bad, like that fat chick from The View who made the remark about notknowing if the world was flat, due to having kids.

Never seen the view so im slightly lost but I think I know what you're getting at.

inimalist
Mana has like 8 colors in Magic.

5 iirc

Blue
Black
Red
Green
White

Robtard
Originally posted by Alfheim
Never seen the view so im slightly lost but I think I know what you're getting at.

So it's safe to say, "you know what he be say'n?"

Blax_Hydralisk
Racistermm

Robtard
Racistermm

How so?

Blax_Hydralisk
Because I'm black and you can't mock my sometimes rediclous culture at all because your great great grandaddy enslaved my great great grandaddy lolz.

I am offended.

FistOfThe North

"I know about White people too. Like when they talk, they say the "Whole..., Word..., Like..., This...".

- little Reily "Escobar" Freeman

The Boondocks

inimalist
I don't see how the language of someone who is educated is white.

For instance, I am white and predominantly hang out with white people. Further, I think I speak fairly "high brow", its something that I am somewhat proud of.

I can assure you, the white folk I hang with (who are largely uneducated) do not speak the same way that I do.

I would say that mastery of the english language and an expansive vocabulary lead people to speak in similar fashions. For instance, is it "Brown" to speak Arabic well? Is it "Black" to speak Swahili well?

Yes, English is the language of the "oppressor", but seriously, most white people speak more like what you would label as "black" (ie: using slang and abbreviations of words), if the difference between black and white speech is how "educated" it sounds.

Devil King
I dislike ghetto black people because I've lived around ad them my entire life and I dislike the black community in genral, not blacks ( I have no problem with otehr black people in geenral) and it's ideals and beliefs. I also don't like double standards that go on between the white community and the black community. FotN's attitude toward whites case-in-point.

I'll elaborate, if this is confusing..

So, basically, you dislike ghetto blacks because they give you all a bad name/reputation?

If that's the case, you can understand why a great many people, both inside and outside the "black community", would see that as thinking you're above them. Yes?

Devil King
Because I'm black and you can't mock my sometimes rediclous culture at all because your great great grandaddy enslaved my great great grandaddy lolz.

I am offended.

My great, great grand daddy was an Inn owner in Switzerland. My family didn't get here until 1917.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
"I know about White people too. Like when they talk, they say the "Whole..., Word..., Like..., This...".

The Boondocks

Does that assume that you think the white man is trying to change your culture?

FistOfThe North
Does that assume that you think the white man is trying to change your culture?

No. It's just a parallel reply quote i thought I'd add in there for good measure.

But i think the White man feels indifferent about culturally influencing Blacks into assimilating onto mainstream society so long as their likes and interests are taken care of first.

I don't think it would be in the best interest of Whites to try and "change" Black culture. They won't have anyone to point their fingers at.

Devil King
That sounds kind of paranoid.

Don't you think the poor are really the people with the finger being pointed at them?

A poor white man has more in common with a poor black man than he does with a rich white man. (or a rich black man, for that matter.)

WrathfulDwarf
Well, let's put it this way. I don't hate Black Ghetto people...but I certainly would not want to live in their neighborhoods.

Does that imply discrimination and stereotype?

Devil King
Well, let's put it this way. I don't hate Black Ghetto people...but I certainly would not want to live in their neighborhoods.

Yes.

WrathfulDwarf
Yes.

Tell me why...

Devil King
Actually, in fairness, they don't want to live in their neighborhoods, either.

Devil King
Tell me why...

I'm just kidding.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm just kidding.

I'm slow today (it's friday) so excuse the above.

Devil King
Don't apologize. We should get in a fight and let our avatars duke it out.

(Have a good weekend.)

Symmetric Chaos

If you wouldn't want to live there because it would make you feel unsafe it is discrimination (albeit justified). If it's just a bit too far from your favorite it's not discrimination.

Blax_Hydralisk
It was a joke..

Yes, I most certainly can. I hear about it all the time.

FistOfThe North
That sounds kind of paranoid.

Don't you think the poor are really the people with the finger being pointed at them?

A poor white man has more in common with a poor black man than he does with a rich white man. (or a rich black man, for that matter.)

I think minorities (including rich minorities) and the poor are really the ones with the finger being pointed at them all the time, the most. You can't even sneeze anymore. Yet "white" collar criminals on every level (car salesmen, bankers, head creditors, accountants, realtors, CEO's, attorneys) -all whom are mostly white (in this country)- whom prey with predatory practice devastating the lives of millions of fellow citizens with stuff worse than any other crime there is and get slapped in the wrist most of the time while officials turn the other cheek while a minority doing something a 1/10th of a white collar crime gets 20 to 50 years in Federal prison, half of the time with a good lawyer, even if the minority is well off.

"We ain't meant to survive cause it's a set up.
And even though your fed....
You gotta keep you head up"

- TuPac

Robtard
It think Tupac actually sang/said this:

I blame my mother, for turning my brother into a crack baby
We ain't meant to survive, cause it's a setup
And even though you're fed up
Huh, ya got to keep your head up

Alfheim

Maybe.

Robtard

The Boondocks

That's a downright funny show... the truth though, it isn't "how Wpeople talk", it's just proper English; anyone can do it.

leonheartmm
the wam was a way to cure the bush's erectile dysfunction

Devil King
I think minorities (including rich minorities) and the poor are really the ones with the finger being pointed at them all the time, the most. You can't even sneeze anymore. Yet "white" collar criminals on every level (car salesmen, bankers, head creditors, accountants, realtors, CEO's, attorneys) -all whom are mostly white (in this country)- whom prey with predatory practice devastating the lives of millions of fellow citizens with stuff worse than any other crime there is and get slapped in the wrist most of the time while officials turn the other cheek while a minority doing something a 1/10th of a white collar crime gets 20 to 50 years in Federal prison, half of the time with a good lawyer, even if the minority is well off.

"We ain't meant to survive cause it's a set up.
And even though your fed....
You gotta keep you head up"

- TuPac

Ooh, you angry black man! And don't put white in quotations to point out how unfair the system and language is, this isn't a scence from Malcom X. Unless you think the language is unfair to blue people as well, don't be so paranoid as to think 'white collar' is a term meant to keep down the black man.

And you think that rich black people have more in common with poor white people than they do with rich white people? That is simply ridiculous. You've been watching too many episodes of Cribs on MTV. A rich black rapper living on a 40 million doallar estate, singing about having a hard life in the ghetto, sounds like a marketing ploy to me.

tabby999
It think Tupac actually sang/said this:

I blame my mother, for turning my brother into a crack baby
We ain't meant to survive, cause it's a setup
And even though you're fed up
Huh, ya got to keep your head up

Burn.

Ooh, you angry black man! And don't put white in quotations to point out how unfair the system and language is, this isn't a scence from Malcom X. Unless you think the language is unfair to blue people as well, don't be so paranoid as to think 'white collar' is a term meant to keep down the black man.

And you think that rich black people have more in common with poor white people than they do with rich white people? That is simply ridiculous. You've been watching too many episodes of Cribs on MTV. A rich black rapper living on a 40 million doallar estate, singing about having a hard life in the ghetto, sounds like a marketing ploy to me.

Double burn.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.