Video:-Iranian Boats Confronting US Warships

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

WrathfulDwarf
So a small boat was trying to pick a fight with a Warship?

Man...there is going to be a major OWN3D coming soon...

Bicnarok
Yeh, the gattling gun would have made matchwood out of them boats.
It was a difficult situation for the captain though, if a bomb loaded speed boat rammed one of the ships kamikaze style it could have caused major damage. Remember the damaged that raft did to the USS Cole, a different situation I know as the Cole was parked up.

But nevertheless a difficult situation for the chap in charge

inimalist
USS Cole?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
USS Cole?

You beet me to it.

Bicnarok
The USS Cole bombing was a suicide bombing attack against the U.S. Navy guided missile destroyer USS Cole (DDG 67) on October 12, 2000 while it was harbored in the Yemeni port of Aden. 17 sailors were killed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing

Fishy
Originally posted by Bicnarok
The USS Cole bombing was a suicide bombing attack against the U.S. Navy guided missile destroyer USS Cole (DDG 67) on October 12, 2000 while it was harbored in the Yemeni port of Aden. 17 sailors were killed.

Most paranoid scenario would be that Iran was hoping that the US would think of that as well and open fire. It would be perfect for them. The United States openly attacking Iran. Of course the Iranian government has already said that these video's are fake and part of US propaganda so either they weren't aware of the boats or the boats or things didn't go as planned. The first honestly seems more likely to me. I doubt that even Iran would be a foolish enough to provoke the US into attacking them.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Fishy
Most paranoid scenario would be that Iran was hoping that the US would think of that as well and open fire. It would be perfect for them. The United States openly attacking Iran. Of course the Iranian government has already said that these video's are fake and part of US propaganda so either they weren't aware of the boats or the boats or things didn't go as planned. The first honestly seems more likely to me. I doubt that even Iran would be a foolish enough to provoke the US into attacking them.

Or Iran could have been trying to cause limited trouble in order to inflate oil prices.

inimalist
Originally posted by Bicnarok

Indeed

dingy 1, US warships 0

jaden101
i watched this just before i went to work tonight...highly amusing audio which is what the Iranian's are claiming to be fake...something along the lines of "we are coming to you" then "you will explode in a few moments"

lil bitchiness
I thought it was funny.

''We're coming to get youuu''.

Robtard
"Trigger happy US"? LoL.

LIL B, your Swastika is pointing the wrong way, unless you're going for that Hindu symbol.

Sadako of Girth
I must admit, it wouldn't be too hard to fake that video.
Could be US crewmen in them boats for all we know.

Its clear they want Iran.

They need an excuse.

They're clearly on a big ramp-up/support drive right now.

And I really wouldn't put it past the folks who lied so much over WMDs to "sex things up a bit" in order to seem justified in taking whatever course of action they deem do-able.

Only problem is they got caught lying about it big time last time in order to strt a war and skepticism is gonna be a natural reaction to anything that these guys say now, unfortunately.

Alfheim
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I thought it was funny.

''We're coming to get youuu''. laughing out loud Yeah I know.

jaden101
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I must admit, it wouldn't be too hard to fake that video.
Could be US crewmen in them boats for all we know.

the Iranians aren't denying the footage is real...just the audio that it was cut with

Bicnarok
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I thought it was funny.

''We're coming to get youuu''.

Its not the usual military jargon you would expect is it.

maybe the Iranians have an odd sense of humor, or these were drug smugglers who tried a bit too much of their wares.

That would explain the speed boats, they are used a lot in the med to smuggle Hashish from N Africa.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.