Marvel now down grading

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
It seems as if Marvel is upgrading some characters and down grading others.

Iron Fist has been massivly upgraded as of late.

How ever spiderman has just been down graded as has wolverine.

what do you guys think? Good move or bad.

Symmetric Chaos
Wolverine was downgraded?

The end is nigh.

Inhuman
What happened to spiderman?

Battlehammer
yes wolverine was down graded in the latest issue of wolverine

spiderman made a deal with misphisto so he has lost years of up grades/

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Inhuman
What happened to spiderman?

10 years of upgrades . . .

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Logan may have lost enough more lol

StylishSmurph
Originally posted by Battlehammer
yes wolverine was down graded in the latest issue of wolverine What happened? hmm

Inhuman

So hes back to class 10? Lost the stingers. Lost the enhanced spider sense and speed?

sad Glad he lost the stingers but everything else sucks

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by StylishSmurph
What happened? hmm

His healing factor was downgraded after getting a piece of his soul back through a deal with the Angel of Death. Can't believe I actually said that. no expression

Priest

spiderman made a deal with misphisto so he has lost years of up grades/
I don't understand?

Anyways there are some character in mind that looks to be upgraded;
Hulk
Thor
Juggernaut
as well as the Iron Fist.

WrathfulDwarf
Downgraded to the last 10 years....

So Wolverine is back to Bone Claws? 313

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
His healing factor was downgraded after getting a piece of his soul back through a deal with the Angel of Death.

. . .

hysterical2 crylaugh hysterical

StylishSmurph
His healing factor was downgraded after getting a piece of his soul back through a deal with the Angel of Death. Can't believe I actually said that. no expression What level's his healing factor around now?

Do we know?

Inhuman
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Downgraded to the last 10 years....

So Wolverine is back to Bone Claws? 313

That would be an upgrade 131

And when did logan lose his soul? erm

ExodusCloak
What level's his healing factor around now?

Do we know?

Not yet. All Wolverine says is his "healing factor's not what it's been in years". We don't see him taking it for a test drive but since this occurs before the Messiah Complex it's safe to say that his current healing factor is on the those levels he has shown in the crossover. Which is still pretty impressive IMO.

Originally posted by Inhuman

And when did logan lose his soul? erm

A piece of his soul. It happened when the Hand ressurected him.

Doctor-Alvis
Are all of Spider-man's years really erased or is it just altered without Mary Jane?

Master-Borg
If Wolverine's HF are no longer at godly levels (ie healing completely from a burned skeleton) then it can only be good news for his character.

King_Mungi
Dr.Strange and Talisman have been down-graded

Newjak
Well I like most of the up/down grades.

Some characters just need to inspire the sheer power of awe, like Thor

And some need to be more grounded and possess a true blue street level feel, like Spiderman.

Nod
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Dr.Strange and Talisman have been down-graded

Only one of them matter. no expression

Mr. Slippyfist
Wolverine's not immortal either anymore...

Good week for comics. smile

Newjak
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

Good week for comics. smile Yeah I never liked that whole Immortal Wolverine thing.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah I never liked that whole Immortal Wolverine thing. Me neither, or his rising healing factor. Maybe now Wolverine might be a readable character again...

Anyway, here's a picture that basically explains Wolvy's downgrades.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/Wolverine_61_0032.jpg

Master-Borg
ha even Wolverine likes the challenge of not being some ubergod

Symmetric Chaos
Me neither, or his rising healing factor. Maybe now Wolverine might be a readable character again...

Looks like he's having fun. Probably a worthwhile change.

Nod
I think Ill try reading his series again now.

lando005
Me neither, or his rising healing factor. Maybe now Wolverine might be a readable character again...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/Wolverine_61_0032.jpg finally a good change for wolverine

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Nod
Only one of them matter. no expression

Talisman? wink

Nod
Talisman? wink

Wrong.

no expression

Know honestly I don't like either. stick out tongue

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Nod
Wrong.

no expression

Know honestly I don't like either. stick out tongue Why does he need to know this?

Nod
no expression

endrict

Good week for comics. smile

thumbup love

endrict

Now all we need is a great artist and writer. Happy Dance Happy Dance

King_Mungi
Why does he need to know this?

love

Master-Borg
it's kinda cool how everyone is cheering this change of Wolverine's HF and mortality...rare to have consensus on KMC

lando005
Originally posted by Master-Borg
it's kinda cool how everyone is cheering this change of Wolverine's HF and mortality...rare to have consensus on KMC not yet we havn't heard from the wolverine fans

endrict
it's kinda cool how everyone is cheering this change of Wolverine's HF and mortality...rare to have consensus on KMC

Because it destroyed the character....it's possible Marvel has finally realized they messed him up.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by lando005
not yet we havn't heard from the wolverine fans
I don't mind at all.

either way im fine with it.

Battlehammer
spidermans down grading was odd though. 10 years of up grades that gotta suck.

find it funny that in the same month they down grade both there most popular characters wonder if it was on purpose.

Master-Borg

find it funny that in the same month they down grade both there most popular characters wonder if it was on purpose.

prob, I def think it was a decision to downgrade Logan, because making him immortal with uber HF was ruining his character and prob making hard for him to have good storylines simply because there aren't enemies powerful enough for Logan anymore

StylishSmurph
I like the downgrade for Wolverine. If the scan above is any indication, we should be seeing some more skill feats and such.

Battlehammer
prob, I def think it was a decision to downgrade Logan, because making him immortal with uber HF was ruining his character and prob making hard for him to have good storylines simply because there aren't enemies powerful enough for Logan anymore

doubt it was a decision at all by the company.

first of all there are character far more powerful then logan was.

second he could still be ebaten which was shown.

the writer that made him immortal likly had the second part of the story already planned out it was written by the same author.

Battlehammer
I like the downgrade for Wolverine. If the scan above is any indication, we should be seeing some more skill feats and such.

ya thats what im thinking.

should be cool. so good speed and fighting skill feats to come.

he seem to imply he has not been going all out over the last few years and now he can go back to going all out.

StylishSmurph
Too bad the art still sucks... ermmfrown

Battlehammer
maybe they will do a spiderman/wolverine arc that be fun.

Master-Borg
doubt it was a decision at all by the company.

first of all there are character far more powerful then logan was.

second he could still be ebaten which was shown.

the writer that made him immortal likly had the second part of the story already planned out it was written by the same author.

Who is powerful enough to represent a true threat to Logan? His old rogue gallery are no longer any threat to him. And even if someone is powerful enough to kill him, he'll just pop right back.

So which villain do you think would have been powerful enough for Logan and still make sense in Wolverine storyline.

Battlehammer
Too bad the art still sucks... ermmfrown
I agree. I like the writter,but the artist sucks and the fight scene could look so much better.

I kinda liked the art from civil war run would not mind that at all.

though I like an artist from the 90;s better or the artist from blood sport.

lando005

find it funny that in the same month they down grade both there most popular characters wonder if it was on purpose. the thing is spiderman was only upgraded twice, it's the character development they ruined with him, but your right it is odd i think they wanted a new status quo for 08

Master-Borg
I wonder why they stick with the artist...someone must like it.

I think it's pretty gritty and unique and does suit Wolverine/Punisher types though even though I'm not a big fan.

Battlehammer
Who is powerful enough to represent a true threat to Logan?
are you serous............there well over 100 characters that could still have whooped him.

His old rogue gallery are no longer any threat to him.

..........and you wonder why I think you don't read wolverine. even when he was immortal sabertooth still beat him the same as always.

just ebcuase you don't stay dead don't mean you can't be beaten. Hell mist immortal gets beat and he immortal.........

And even if someone is powerful enough to kill him, he'll just pop right back. .
hours later.........it not opps I kill Logan oh shit he alive again lol. when eh dies he stays dead for a while.

So which villain do you think would have been powerful enough for Logan and still make sense in Wolverine storyline.

...........to many to count cyber, sabertooth, omega red, wendigo........the lsit can go on and on.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by lando005
the thing is spiderman was only upgraded twice, it's the character development they ruined with him, but your right it is odd i think they wanted a new status quo for 08

actaully spiderman been upgraded more the twice...........he been upgrade at least 4 times.

Logan upgrades were around that number if not less.

spiderman up grades were retarded........stingers come on

Battlehammer
I wonder why they stick with the artist...someone must like it.

I think it's pretty gritty and unique and does suit Wolverine/Punisher types though even though I'm not a big fan.

it sucks. and only a character like wolverine or punisher could pull it off, but it still sucks.

Master-Borg

hours later.........it not opps I kill Logan oh shit he alive again lol. when eh dies he stays dead for a while.

I know he doesnt pop up instantly. But it still makes him too powerful. Even Venom used to take a week to fully recover after a bad beating....so what if Logan needs a few hours to come back to life after being KILLED.

And no, those rogues no longer scare Logan.

Master-Borg
it sucks. and only a character like wolverine or punisher could pull it off, but it still sucks.

but someone (or quite alot of people) MUST like it or else they would've changed the artist by now

Battlehammer
but someone (or quite alot of people) MUST like it or else they would've changed the artist by now
naw they won't they won't change him till the arc is over

Battlehammer
I know he doesnt pop up instantly. But it still makes him too powerful. Even Venom used to take a week to fully recover after a bad beating....so what if Logan needs a few hours to come back to life after being KILLED.

And no, those rogues no longer scare Logan.

No it doesent. It does not change his danger rating. That a misconception you make.

..........no venom dident and venom ability to heal is not like Logans it a lot different.
again talking like you read wolverine how funny.

sabertooth still was just as much of a threat or did you miss that entire arc in which the only way for Logan to stop sabertooth was to use a magical sword............

or did you miss omega red defeating logan in origins?

or cyber giving it to wolverine as well?

stop acting like you know what your talking about when u don't.

Master-Borg
Wolverine had sabretooth at his mercy before decapitating him...even without the sword Logan would've won

Didn't Cyber use Daken against Logan? Logan wasn't scared of Cyber like he used to.

Battlehammer
Wolverine had sabretooth at his mercy before decapitating him...even without the sword Logan would've won

Didn't Cyber use Daken against Logan? Logan wasn't scared of Cyber like he used to.
.........Logan caught off sabertooth arm and sabertooth could not heal it back........

actaully with out the sort I doubt it. maybe. Logan had lost to sabertooth the issue before with out the sword.

Logan hasent been scared of cyber since his return arc. Hell and wolverine was immortal since ww1.

Battlehammer
side not I don't mind the down grading though the spiderman one sounded rather dumb, but will wait and see. I gotta read that issue I have it, but been to scared to look at it lol

Accel

Obviously so that we still don't get a clear consensus on Spider-Man vs Wolverine.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Accel
Obviously so that we still don't get a clear consensus on Spider-Man vs Wolverine.
lol I was kinda thinking that actually.

you really think they would do that on purpose lol.

Accel
I'm all for Wolverine having his healing factor back to his older levels though. I always liked that he was just hard to kill, not virtually impossible. Same reason I liked it better when he had bone-claws instead of an unbreakable skeleton. He couldn't afford to be nearly as arrogant as he can now.

I wouldn't mind Spider-Man's downgrade either except that's the last thing I'm concerned about with Spidey after OMD took place.

Master-Borg
as it stands, Logan loses more from his downgrade than Spiderman did...so it kinda shifts to Peter's favor

StylishSmurph
as it stands, Logan loses more from his downgrade than Spiderman did...so it kinda shifts to Peter's favor Not really, if Spidey's back to his 10 tons days

Battlehammer
as it stands, Logan loses more from his downgrade than Spiderman did...so it kinda shifts to Peter's favor

maybe not since we don't know how it has effected Logan and it seem to imply he hasent been fighting at peak.

so we will see.

llagrok
"Waaah Waaaaah! Wolverine isn't strong anymore"

Suck it up fanboys 131

Battlehammer
Originally posted by llagrok
"Waaah Waaaaah! Wolverine isn't strong anymore"

Suck it up fanboys 131
actaully no one was whining about wolverine not being strong.............at all actaully.

quite the oppossit.

but you know that if you actaully read some of the posts instead of talk out your ass like you normally do.

llagrok
Don't cry man, be strong.

Battlehammer
Don't cry man, be strong.
im not crying about any thing. actaully I stated I don't care either way.

no one was whining or crying. You simply assumed with out knowing or reading others posts and talked out your ass.

Martian_mind
Llagrok started the fight with a cheap uppercut,yet Cap stayed standing and returned the favour,only to cop a kick to the shins that he repayed in kind....

llagrok

no one was whining or crying. You simply assumed with out knowing or reading others posts and talked out your ass.

Stop talking about my ass, I'm trying to discuss Wolverine.

On topic;

Waaah waaah Wolverine sad

Nod
laughing out loud

SevenShackles
the hood seems to be doing alot better off now than his first appearence =P even tho i havent seen him shot out any starwars style lightning yet.

Alfheim

Yeah baby! To be quite honest im not even sure if upgrades or downgrades matter. Wolverine was stiil the upgradede version of Wolverine but his HF did not act like that. So it depends on the writers.

You're probably lying because everybody knows that you're a Wolverine fan and you think hes god and if you make a fuss about it it will just confirm it even more.

Neo Darkhalen
It seems as if Marvel is upgrading some characters and down grading others.

Iron Fist has been massivly upgraded as of late.

what do you guys think? Good move or bad.

Chaos has come, prepare yourselves rapture has begun, the apocalypse is nigh.

StylishSmurph
Originally posted by Alfheim
You're probably lying because everybody knows that you're a Wolverine fan and you think hes god and if you make a fuss about it it will just confirm it even more. crylaugh

The irony...

And, I think it's pretty imbecilic to attack someone about something they've said if you haven't even read it, or they didn't even say it.

Alfheim
crylaugh

The irony...

And, I think it's pretty imbecilic to attack someone about something they've said if you haven't even read it, or they didn't even say it.

LOL over his head AGAIN.

Juntai
Originally posted by Priest
I don't understand?

Anyways there are some character in mind that looks to be upgraded;
Hulk
Thor
Juggernaut
as well as the Iron Fist. Thor's downgrade will happen eventually, and Odin will come back.

Erik-Lensherr
About time erm

Kutulu
Originally posted by Juntai
Thor's downgrade will happen eventually, and Odin will come back.

orly

Juntai
Originally posted by Kutulu
orly You think they brought him back to write a couple hundred issues of him with the Odin-power?

xmarksthespot
crylaugh

The irony... Damn you for pointing this out before me! Damn you and your wily smurph ways!

Newjak
Originally posted by Juntai
You think they brought him back to write a couple hundred issues of him with the Odin-power? Nothing says he has the Odin Power now. Nor does anything mention him having it.

I think this is just the new way they wish to portray Thor, the way Ithink Stan Lee wanted from the beginning. A true godly being walking among mortals.

Alfheim
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Damn you for pointing this out before me! Damn you and your wily smurph ways!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
roll eyes (sarcastic) I didn't see any complaints from Battlehammer about the recent changes to Wolverine, in fact I think I saw him say multiple times that he didn't really care either way - ergo the comment you made about him lying, which really has no basis, is unwarranted as Smurph pointed out.

Nor is the thread solely about Wolverine, there's also the OMD retcon of decades of Spider-Man's upgrades, Iron Fist's recent upgrades.

This thread is no less a "legitimate" discussion thread than your boohoo Marvel hates my precious Elders, they're so cool they met this person, they have this power, or your boohoo Punisher is being "depowered" thread, or your boohoo Shang Chi lost to Wolverine thread; in which you do pretty much the exact thing you came into the thread and accused Battlehammer of. Or your occasional general boohoo whiny emo toned threads about this or that or other that you dislike or disagree with about this or that character. Ergo the irony pointed out by Smurph.

In fact it's more legitimate since it actually involves a coherent topic to be discussed.

On the actual topic: Sinister has also recently been powered down it seems, being killed by Mystique apparently, and having recently been strangled by Colossus.

I really don't think it matters in the end, writers often give characters pushes whether it be in terms of more "screentime" or improved powers when they're trying to make them more appealing to people who base whether they like characters on whether have this power of that power.

Emma Frost's recently been getting a pretty big "push" from writers. In terms of power pushes it doesn't really affect my liking of the character, except in that she continues to use her abilities in interesting ways that fit with her personality.

Alfheim
I didn't see any complaints from Battlehammer about the recent changes to Wolverine, in fact I think I saw him say multiple times that he didn't really care either way - ergo the comment you made about him lying, which really has no basis, is unwarranted as Smurph pointed out.

Nor is the thread solely about Wolverine, there's also the OMD retcon of decades of Spider-Man's upgrades, Iron Fist's recent upgrades.

This thread is no less a "legitimate" discussion thread than your boohoo Marvel hates my precious Elders, they're so cool they met this person, they have this power, or your boohoo Punisher is being "depowered" thread, or your boohoo Shang Chi lost to Wolverine thread; in which you do pretty much the exact thing you came into the thread and accused Battlehammer of. Or your occasional general boohoo whiny emo toned threads about this or that or other that you dislike or disagree with about this or that character. Ergo the irony pointed out by Smurph.

In fact it's more legitimate since it actually involves a coherent topic to be discussed.

On the actual topic: Sinister has also recently been powered down it seems, being killed by Mystique apparently, and having recently been strangled by Colossus.

I really don't think it matters in the end, writers often give characters pushes whether it be in terms of more "screentime" or improved powers when they're trying to make them more appealing to people who base whether they like characters on whether have this power of that power.

Im not going to argue with you. Your always correct. thumb up

xmarksthespot
Im not going to argue with you. Your always correct. thumb up I agree with the sentiment... but it's "you're." smile

Newjak
I agree with the sentiment... but it's "you're." smile Humble to the end huh X stick out tongue

Soljer
I didn't see any complaints from Battlehammer about the recent changes to Wolverine, in fact I think I saw him say multiple times that he didn't really care either way - ergo the comment you made about him lying, which really has no basis, is unwarranted as Smurph pointed out.

Emma Frost's recently been getting a pretty big "push" from writers. In terms of power pushes it doesn't really affect my liking of the character, except in that she continues to use her abilities in interesting ways that fit with her personality.

Teh sex indeed.

StylishSmurph
Damn you for pointing this out before me! Damn you and your wily smurph ways! 13 I do my best.

ankur29
-spidey has no more organic webbing so now he can run out mid swing and splatter to his death ?
-spideys no longer a class 20?
-slower/retarded classic healing factor for spidey ?
-slower reflexes ,agility and speed?
-no more mystical nature to spidey's powers?
-no more night vision?
-no more enhanced spider sense?
-no more stingers? (the stingers were alright , not half as bad as people make them out to be)

damn you marvel! you had spidey get downplayed regualry with his old powerset and now with a downgrade? i really do not like how marvel is going other than WWH(best upgrades ever)!

i sure hope peter does not remeber his old powers knowing that he was able to lift twice as much and will probably poop in his pants if he tried now , and also the thought of never being able to secretly spy on girls with big racks in the night with clarity comaprable to day.

Kutulu
Originally posted by ankur29
-spidey has no more organic webbing so now he can run out mid swing and splatter to his death ?
-no more night vision?
-no more stingers? (the stingers were alright , not half as bad as people make them out to be)

damn you marvel! you had spidey get downplayed regualry with his old powerset and now with a downgrade? i really do not like how marvel is going other than WWH(best upgrades ever)!

i sure hope peter does not remeber his old powers knowing that he was able to lift twice as much and will probably poop in his pants if he tried now , and also the thought of never being able to secretly spy on girls with big racks in the night with clarity comaprable to day.

I find it funny that they even mentioned the latest crap Spiderman writing on the Howard Stern show. laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
Go Howard. cool

3 cheers to Marvel for FINALLY ending Wolverine's immortality. thumb up

Spidey's downgrade is just part of the on-going cluster**** that is OMD. roll eyes (sarcastic)

King_Mungi
Apparently Deadpool and Wolverine are going to have a fight to the death in an upcoming Wolverine: Origins story

llagrok
Originally posted by ankur29
-no more night vision?

YAY!

The monstrous man-spider has now turned into your friendly neighborhood Spider-man

Soljer
Apparently Deadpool and Wolverine are going to have a fight to the death in an upcoming Wolverine: Origins story

To the death? Seems a little doubtful.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer

Yeah, there's no way they'd kill Wolverine. stick out tongue

Newjak
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Yeah, there's no way they'd kill Wolverine. stick out tongue Does that mean they are gonna kill deadpool shock

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

King_Mungi

I know I snickered when I read it cool

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=142710
===
Oh deadpool...

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/007029/WOLORIG021_int06.jpg

Symmetric Chaos

They're both immortal though . . .

endrict
I know I snickered when I read it cool

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=142710
===
Oh deadpool...

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/007029/WOLORIG021_int06.jpg

I can't stand STEVE DILLON.....that art sucks.

Soljer

Depending upon whether Origins takes place before, after, or concurrently with Wolverine, Logan is no longer immortal, and his healing factor has been retarded considerably.

King_Mungi

No, only one is...now shifty

endrict

Did you even read any of the posts above??? Logan is not longer immortal, he got part of his soul back.

Symmetric Chaos
Depending upon whether Origins takes place before, after, or concurrently with Wolverine, Logan is no longer immortal, and his healing factor has been retarded considerably.

I thought Origins was set considerably in the past and the current series is set around now.

Originally posted by endrict
Did you even read any of the posts above??? Logan is not longer immortal, he got part of his soul back.

How would that remove his HF retroactively?

Soljer
I thought Origins was set considerably in the past and the current series is set around now.

How would that remove his HF retroactively?

Well, Cap's already dead in Origins, is he not?

It can't be that far back.

Symmetric Chaos
Well, Cap's already dead in Origins, is he not?

It can't be that far back.

Oh, I jump to conclusions about Wolverine title based solely on the subtitle. I thought they were still examining further back in his past.

Accel
Yeah that shit gets confusing when Wolverine's in two or three places at once.

Soljer

Wolverine: Firebreak is another series with him, isn't it?

King_Mungi
Firebreak was a one shot by Scott Kolins

Soljer
Firebreak was a one shot by Scott Kolins

I thought I'd heard Wolverine was getting another ongoing - if it wasn't Firebreak, what is it?

Nod
I thought I'd heard Wolverine was getting another ongoing - if it wasn't Firebreak, what is it? Theres a thread about it somewhere.

Hes with Kitty I think.

endrict

And the writers aren't consistent at times with his powers/back ground etc...

Soljer
Originally posted by Nod
Theres a thread about it somewhere.

Hes with Kitty I think.

Do you recall what it's named?

Nod
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=472367& amp;highlight=title%3A%28wolverine%29+forumid%3A95

Battlehammer
I thought I'd heard Wolverine was getting another ongoing - if it wasn't Firebreak, what is it?
firebreaker was a one shot

Battlehammer
Yeah baby! To be quite honest im not even sure if upgrades or downgrades matter. Wolverine was stiil the upgradede version of Wolverine but his HF did not act like that. So it depends on the writers.

You're probably lying because everybody knows that you're a Wolverine fan and you think hes god and if you make a fuss about it it will just confirm it even more.

I don't even have to bother x and smurf made you look like a morron for me.

.......I am a wolverine fan.............why would that need to be confirmed? If you did not realize that yet your dumber then I thought.

Nod

.......I am a wolverine fan.............why would that need to be confirmed? If you did not realize that yet your dumber then I thought.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Soljer
firebreaker was a one shot

That was already pointed out, but thanks anyways.

Battlehammer
did no realize that my mistake.

oh and you were thinking of wolverine first class.

Nod
did no realize that my mistake.

oh and you were thinking of wolverine first class. I gave him the link to it.

shifty

Inhuman
So after the downgrade, Wolverine would be Herald level at best ? sad

Disappear
the "dear diary" text boxes are more likened to agent x than deadpool, i'd say. otherwise, a moderately comical deadpool appearance, as i can discern thus far.

Soljer
Originally posted by Disappear
the "dear diary" text boxes are more likened to agent x than deadpool, i'd say. otherwise, a moderately comical deadpool appearance, as i can discern thus far.

I must say, I chuckled a bit at the "Duck, duck, goose" line. smile.

Battlehammer
I must say, I chuckled a bit at the "Duck, duck, goose" line. smile.

lol. fight looked pritty good and for some reason the art looked better then it normally is.

Soljer
I also liked Deadpool's 'imagination.'

Laugh out loud at Wolverine wielding foot long adamantium salad forks.

Kutulu
I also liked Deadpool's 'imagination.'

Laugh out loud at Wolverine wielding foot long adamantium salad forks.

The writers of Deadpool are pure genius. stick out tongue

Soljer
The writers of Deadpool are pure genius. stick out tongue

Well, it's the writer of Origins, but supposedly he's gonna get put on a Deadpool ongoing, if I recall correctly.

Laminator_X
The only downgrade I dislike is Dr. Strange. He really needs to recover his mojo (so to speak) before we all end up living some sort of nether realm. The Oath should stand as an example of how a good writer can make Strange work without nerfing the character.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Laminator_X
The only downgrade I dislike is Dr. Strange. He really needs to recover his mojo (so to speak) before we all end up living some sort of nether realm. The Oath should stand as an example of how a good writer can make Strange work without nerfing the character.

I still think it's a Skrull. But yeah, they need to put him back to where he was before Monkey Q grabbed him.

Badabing
I can't believe how much Hulk was downgraded in WWH. sad
durhulk

stick out tongue

Battlehammer
lol

Nod
Your nuts fanboy.

Hulk is stronger than ever and rightfully so. laughing out loud

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing
I can't believe how much Hulk was downgraded in WWH. sad
durhulk

stick out tongue

Too true. I mean, look how many hits it took him to knock out the likes of Wolverine and the Sentry.

C'mon - that isn't the universe-busting, abstracting-bitching, stronger-than-anyone green behemoth we all know and love!

Maybe it was a Skrull?

Badabing
Too true. I mean, look how many hits it took him to knock out the likes of Wolverine and the Sentry.

C'mon - that isn't the universe-busting, abstracting-bitching, stronger-than-anyone green behemoth we all know and love!

Maybe it was a Skrull? I know! eek! IMO, a single thunderclap should have put dow the X Men, Avengers, Sentry, FF and NY City. madfist

Seriously, Wolverine has had the worst 12-18 months out of anybody. He has been getting some major abuse. I almost stopped reading his title. erm

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Badabing
I almost stopped reading his title. erm

What made you stay with it? 'twas the art wasn't it. stick out tongue

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/989/wolv060int04zq0.th.jpg

Badabing

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/989/wolv060int04zq0.th.jpg I hated that. I thought it was a Family Guy comic at first. sick

Soljer
laughing

How much would the Hulk being a skrull, taking out Skrullbolt, and later making a skrully-deal with Skruphisto to screw peter parker over, warping reality to put in Jaskrullpot in the place of Mary Jane just to laugh in the faces of marvel fans everywhere.

You know what would be the most satisfying ending to secret war and the OMD/BND?

"Haha! Gotcha! We were just ****ing with our fans to see how long they'd let us anally rape them! There was only that one skrullectra, and OMD never happened. It was...uhh...a dream! Please buy our books again...sad"

Bad Ash231

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/989/wolv060int04zq0.th.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/WolverineZDarBigJaw.png

manjaro
i woudnt call wolverine a downgrade. the reason he has been surviving all these impossible truamas is becuase. he actually dies. like when nitro nuked him he actually died but becuz he beat the angel he got to come back to a fresh new body. or when he was dipped in a vat of molten lava in his last annual, he died. but now its like hopefully he doesnt get hurt badly enuff

Soljer
Originally posted by manjaro
i woudnt call wolverine a downgrade. the reason he has been surviving all these impossible truamas is becuase. he actually dies. like when nitro nuked him he actually died but becuz he beat the angel he got to come back to a fresh new body. or when he was dipped in a vat of molten lava in his last annual, he died. but now its like hopefully he doesnt get hurt badly enuff

It's not just that - Wolverine himself says that his healing factor is weaker than it's been in years.

Battlehammer
true and that he has not felt this kinda of adrenalin in close to 100 years or some such

Kutulu
It's not just that - Wolverine himself says that his healing factor is weaker than it's been in years.

If it gets too weak, no big deal, he'll just solo Death again and come back with a fresh body. wink

Battlehammer
If it gets too weak, no big deal, he'll just solo Death again and come back with a fresh body. wink

lol he can't the only reason he been able too is due to beating death on earth the first time now that void. I doubt death would be dumb enough to try and face him again on earth i mean there last fight Logan beat death and 2 others at once.

Kutulu
lol he can't the only reason he been able too is due to beating death on earth the first time now that void. I doubt death would be dumb enough to try and face him again on earth i mean there last fight Logan beat death and 2 others at once.

No wonder he needed a downgrade. laughing out loud That plus he stood up to WWH for several pages, the whole fight should have simply been WWH swatting him away to Alaska or the Atlantic ocean.

llagrok
No thread is complete without discussing the Hulk...

Battlehammer
No wonder he needed a downgrade. laughing out loud That plus he stood up to WWH for several pages, the whole fight should have simply been WWH swatting him away to Alaska or the Atlantic ocean.

.................umm not really he stould up to hulk every time they have fought.

llagrok
Does Marvel think that character growth is unjust when it comes to the main guys? Most forum members certainly think. While I think it's ridiculous that Wolverine would beat the likes of Namor, I think it's completely normal for a character to grow and increase in both power and skill.

People complaining about Wolverine's healing factor, are the best. You don't see a lot of people bitchin' about Cyclops' increase in power...

endrict
Does Marvel think that character growth is unjust when it comes to the main guys? Most forum members certainly think. While I think it's ridiculous that Wolverine would beat the likes of Namor, I think it's completely normal for a character to grow and increase in both power and skill.

People complaining about Wolverine's healing factor, are the best. You don't see a lot of people bitchin' about Cyclops' increase in power...

Because Cyke is not as popular.

Symmetric Chaos

Because Cyclops didn't become the Right Hand of God.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>