Knight Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vicious
Anybody looking forward to the new Knight Rider tv series starting this February. I got very nostalgic when I saw the teaser. I hope it doesnt suck like Bionic Woman.

This time around it is supposed to be Michael's son in the drivers seat. While the car looks freaking awesome theres only one KITT and thast the Trans Am!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fJzqZiiM1BE&feature=related

JediSamuraiMRB
I really didn't care for the original series so I won't be watching this all that much unless theres a hot babe.

Darth Vicious
I was hoping for a female hottie for Kitt's mechanic but it seems this new "Kitt" can fix itself.

JediSamuraiMRB
A couple pictures of the cast.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/MAC-1.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/iMRB.jpg

Darth Vicious

JediSamuraiMRB
I hope the girls and the car are worth watching the first episode.

Darth Vicious
I think they are doing a tv movie first and see how it goes. Then maybe they'll do a tv series.

Hidden Lotus
i see the car is a mustang.....
not really the car i would imagine for KITT.....

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Hidden Lotus
i see the car is a mustang.....
not really the car i would imagine for KITT.....

They couldve used this movie/tv series to make a supped up Trans Am.

exanda kane
GOB as Kitt would have been amazing!

darthmaul1
Originally posted by exanda kane
At least they got the car right this time!

Darth Vicious
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_Rider_%282008_film%29

Tempe Brennan
Knight Rider still rings of the Hoff, so I won't be watching it, and OMG Bionic Woman did so not suck. smile

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
Knight Rider still rings of the Hoff, so I won't be watching it, and OMG Bionic Woman did so not suck. smile

The Hoff will be im the show as well. Bionic Woman's first couple of episodes were ok, everything else sucked!

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
The Hoff will be im the show as well.

You have got to be kidding me, right? Lets hope he can stay off the piss long enough to film a single scene. laughing

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
You have got to be kidding me, right? Lets hope he can stay off the piss long enough to film a single scene. laughing
He'll be playing Michael Tracer's new boss(like Devon Miles). Which probably mean he wont have as much screen time.

forumcrew
I think they are doing a tv movie first and see how it goes. Then maybe they'll do a tv series.

yea it is a 2 hour mini-tv-movie. With the possibility of becoming a series.

Faith27
hmmm..who are the cast of this new Knight Rider?

JediSamuraiMRB
If The Hoff really is going to be in this, this will not be a good thing. Also with them changing voices that really isn't a good sign either. Isn't the male lead soap opera actor?? sad embarrasment confused

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
If The Hoff really is going to be in this, this will not be a good thing. Also with them changing voices that really isn't a good sign either. Isn't the male lead soap opera actor?? sad embarrasment confused

Well at least they are starting small by making a tv movie first and see what kind of reception it receives. Then again, Ive hardly seen any advertisements for it, I wonder how many people are actually aware of this movie.

JediSamuraiMRB
Well at least they are starting small by making a tv movie first and see what kind of reception it receives. Then again, Ive hardly seen any advertisements for it, I wonder how many people are actually aware of this movie.

I doubt not too many. I've seen advertisements for it, but knowing The Hoff may be in it and knowing that the guy is a soap opera actor. It may not be a good sign.

Endrict Nuul
I am worried about this come back, It may flop like Baywatch again.

Hoff has to be Micheal and no one else...

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
I am worried about this come back, It may flop like Baywatch again.

Hoff has to be Micheal and no one else...

Nah, hes too old already but im sure if it gets picked up as a tv series, one of the episodes will be Mike/KITT v2.0 getting captured and Michael going to the recue in his trusty Kitt trans am.

Entity
What did they say happened to the original KITT last night? I heard them start to talk about it when he told her but my damn girl friend started talking right when they said it I couldn't make it out.

Darth Vicious
I dunno but the impression I got was that It was the same one. Just upgraded since they showed the Trans-Am parts at the beggining. Maybe they erased its memory. I thought the show has potential. It wasnt as awful as expected. I missed a big chunk of it, Did they show the car doing jumps?

Things I didnt like: The car losing all its indesdructibility if the computer is off. WTF with that!, At the end I thought they were gonna show and upgraded truck but no, they used a freaking cargo plane or whatever it was. How many places can they land that damn thing. Last but not least, the car changing colors. I know is cool and everything but KITT is black, no other color.

JediSamuraiMRB
I hope this doesn't get picked up. It was a disaster. The acting was very very stale and horrible. The plot could've been better. And seeing The Hoff, wasn't a good idea having him in this.

Darth Vicious
At least he didnt show up until the very end, in a cemetary no less. Was that his way of saying his burying this series for ever?

Endrict Nuul
It sucked but the black stang was very cool to see burn rubber.

Entity
I actually really liked it. I mean it was predictable as hell but so was the original and that just added to why this one was.

I thought I'd hate the new car because I personally hate all fords and Mustangs in particular but it was actually pretty damn badass. Also I really liked the new guy but could be majorly just because he's not Hasselhoff. lol Man I hate him. Also I loved the plane instead of that truck. This is just like a clone of the original only genetically engineered to be better. big grin

I was thinking & kinda hoping like Darth Vicious said that it was a rebuilt and upgraded original KITT as well but like I said my girl started talking about something right next to me when they started talkin about it and by the time I got her to stop they'd done said it.

Personally I really hope they give the show a shot. I think it'd be even sweeter than the original.

darthmaul1
It wasn't bad, better than the original and the car is way better,
What is with the lesbian FBI girl? is that so Michael only has one girl to look at?

starlock
I enjoyed it. I hope it becomes a series, as a fan of the original, at least its not a rehash, but a continuing story

forumcrew
I saw this recently when NBC reran it... omg it was so bad. Everything about it was total garbage right from the extended intro which was just a ford commercial in disguise. I mean come on a ford edge keeping up with a state of the art mustang? not possible. If they stopped blowing ford they could of had a chance, but they would still need a new plot and new actors to go with it.

Mark Question
Wow, that 1st episode really sucked.

Blax_Hydralisk
So uh..

this didn't do to well did it?

kodak
i watched 10 mins of the first episode...

never again.

oakling
Originally posted by exanda kane

I know! I really wanted to watch it with him; once he dropped out I know I wouldn't be seeing this show, at least not of my own volition!

kirti
I think now that the obligatory nod to the original is out of the way, and a little fine tuning, and we might have ourselves a decent contender. Respectable attempt as a series set-up but horribly directed. Has a strange love-affair with guns and melodrama. But the car is certainly cool.

forumcrew
Originally posted by kirti
I think now that the obligatory nod to the original is out of the way, and a little fine tuning, and we might have ourselves a decent contender. Respectable attempt as a series set-up but horribly directed. Has a strange love-affair with guns and melodrama. But the car is certainly cool.

Only chance this has is if they cut ties with Ford. It is like Ford had complete creative control of the entire thing, it made me sick.

Darth Vicious
They need to go back to its roots and bring a Pontiac Trans-Am!

=Tired Hiker=
So like um . . . . I guess it didn't work out.

starlock
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
So like um . . . . I guess it didn't work out.

Actually it returns this fall Happy Dance

From what i read
http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by starlock

From what i read

It is returning, but I believe that NBC is changing some the stuff from the 2 hour movie that premiered.

=Tired Hiker=

From what i read

Kitt's voice is different in the interactive thingy in that link. Is Val Kilmer not doing the voice anymore?

Darth Vicious
OMG, now the f*ing car transforms into other cars(truck). F*ing ridiculous!

SpaceMonkey
Dude, that show sucked. I'm sorry I wasted a minute on it last night.

BruceSkywalker
Last night this show was terrible. Only three things about it.

1st, the female lead, she is smoking hot, hopefully she'll be in her underwear each week..

2nd, cheesy cgi effects were good, but not great...

3rd, the male lead, he cannot act worth a damn.

This show MUST pick up otherwise it will be off the air..

Darth Vicious
Besides the female lead, I thought that asian chick was hot as hell! Them 2 plus the theme song were about the only things I liked about the show.

starlock
I liked it and i want more.....i liked seeing billy...since i loved his role on Battlestar Galactica.....i think they did the right things....alot of humor...hot woman...badass cars.......i will be there....and i actually want to see the Hoff on the show from time to time.

BruceSkywalker
I liked it and i want more.....i liked seeing billy...since i loved his role on Battlestar Galactica.....i think they did the right things....alot of humor...hot woman...badass cars.......i will be there....and i actually want to see the Hoff on the show from time to time.

The Hoff is supposed to make an appearance here and there, but also there is a rumor that he will be a permanent fixture.

Darth Vicious
It aint like hes doing anything better.

SpaceMonkey
Hoff MIGHT save this thing.... if just for the nostalgia factor.

Darth Vicious
S**t, having show up with the original trans-am for the finale and I'll be good.

Kazenji
I watched that Tv movie last saturday they had it on tv i enjoyed it

So whats the new series like (mind you i've never seen the original i would've been too waaaaaaaay too young)

starlock
Originally posted by Kazenji
I watched that Tv movie last saturday they had it on tv i enjoyed it

So whats the new series like (mind you i've never seen the original i would've been too waaaaaaaay too young)

Since you have watched the pilot movie....it continues with an organized team working together... The FBI & The Foundation.we see they have a organized headquarters and facility to work on KITT, it revovles around missions for Michael and Co...i liked the first episode it had alot of new faces and some i really liked...some light hearted joking and some playfull sex appeal....add in a insane KITT who can be more than a car...it seems to be a good show with alot of potential i.m.o

starlock
So far i am still enjoying this show.....it has a little of everything...and the support cast is amazing i.m.o......this show can be better...but i will take it as it is

BruceSkywalker
Interesting show last night.. Knight should have asked that other girl to stay and join the team..

That would have made an interesting plot twist regarding his love life..

starlock
Pretty good halloween show, i am liking this show more and more smile

BruceSkywalker
Knight Rider is being retooled in an effort to boost ratings...

I hope it works..

starlock
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Knight Rider is being retooled in an effort to boost ratings...

I hope it works.. I thought the re-tooling was from the pilot to the actual series, i hope they dont change much...i think the show is awesome....maybe have a story arch with David hsslehoff?

BruceSkywalker
I thought the re-tooling was from the pilot to the actual series, i hope they dont change much...i think the show is awesome....maybe have a story arch with David hsslehoff?

They're supposed to get rid of Yancey Arias, Bruce Davison and Sidney Tamia Poitier and concentrate more on Michael..

There was talk that Deanna Russo was gonna get axed as well, but she is still on the show..

As for The Hoff, I haven't read anything in a while on whether or not he is still going to make an appearance

SpaceMonkey
How is this still on TV?

starlock
They're supposed to get rid of Yancey Arias, Bruce Davison and Sidney Tamia Poitier and concentrate more on Michael..

There was talk that Deanna Russo was gonna get axed as well, but she is still on the show..

As for The Hoff, I haven't read anything in a while on whether or not he is still going to make an appearance

I never liked Yancy Arias...i dont mind him going, but keep the rest of them,they pull thier own weight..and actually add something....but in this day and age...if there is no HUGE ratings...even great shows get axed...look at "My own worst enemy" i liked it..but so much for that show, even the Bionic woman....which i was really getting into...we will see

BruceSkywalker
Knight Rider could be in trouble..

after the 17th ep, that may be it...

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2008/12/knight_rider_hits_the_brakes.php

ragesRemorse
How is it that this show got more episodes than firefly?

starlock
Knight Rider could be in trouble..

after the 17th ep, that may be it...

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2008/12/knight_rider_hits_the_brakes.php

I hope it stays.....maybe its the minority...but i love the show!

BruceSkywalker
I hope it stays.....maybe its the minority...but i love the show!

I hope so as well..

It isn't a bad show, but it just needs a few things...

Maybe some things will start happening so the show can last

starlock
Well Knight Rider is back and so far there were 2 new shows....in the second show..we might have a hint as to some changes...i am surprised at how much i like this show...it entertains me all the way from start to finish...but i can see some changes starting and i hope it is for the better,i found the show to be great from the get go....who would have thought

BruceSkywalker
yeah it was a pretty decent show last night..

next weeks show seems to indicate the changes that were made..

i'll be watching

starlock
Great episode....so we see 2 changes....i can live with them...but its still sad in a sense...i am hyped about the upcoming confrontation with K.A.R.R(if thats how it is spelled..lol) it looks to be really good!

BruceSkywalker
Great episode....so we see 2 changes....i can live with them...but its still sad in a sense...i am hyped about the upcoming confrontation with K.A.R.R(if thats how it is spelled..lol) it looks to be really good!

yes it was a great episode last night, sad as well..

I do think though that the season will still be a good one

DaRk Lotus
i jsut wnat to see Kitt and Karr
fight it out that be cool and wtf is goin
on with Mikes past a few times they poped up and
have you a cookie then nothin im lost with that
good show jsut dont kno whats goin to happen
after the the Doc Died in the last Ep.

starlock
Great episode...i loved the battle between K.A.R.R & K.I.T.T....it tied up some loose ends and it set it back to the old days of F.L.A.G....some really good moments thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Great episode...i loved the battle between K.A.R.R & K.I.T.T....it tied up some loose ends and it set it back to the old days of F.L.A.G....some really good moments thumb up

Yes it did.. I also enjoyed hearing Peter Cullen

starlock
Yes it did.. I also enjoyed hearing Peter Cullen

Yeah! i was blown away hearing his voice.....i have a feeling we have not seen the last of K.A.R.R wink

BruceSkywalker
Yeah! i was blown away hearing his voice.....i have a feeling we have not seen the last of K.A.R.R wink

I agree with you there. I won't be at all surprised if K.A.R.R. returns by the season finale

tom_servo
How has this show not been canceled yet?

starlock
Originally posted by tom_servo
How has this show not been canceled yet?

Why?...because its a great show......sometimes just because we dont like something...does not make it bad...its just something you dont like....me...i want this show to continue...its awesome big grin

starlock
Good episode last knight.....i still get a kick out of the humor the show display's......and i was actually surprised when the chic in the bank turned out to be with the crooks

soulkat9
I don't if it'll be as good as the original

starlock
17 episodes this season..and i loved them all...i hope it comes back strong.

Darth Vicious
It aint coming back!
http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2009/03/06/knight-rider-cancelled/

starlock
It aint coming back!
http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2009/03/06/knight-rider-cancelled/

It aint cancelled yet!
http://knightrideronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=14048&p=171558#p171558

Darth Vicious
Its only delaying the inevitable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.