Hell No. why did marvel do this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox

Arachnid1

rox
i hate it

steverules
To put it simply marvel f*ucked up with spider-man

Neo Darkhalen
Damn straight.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by steverules
To put it simply marvel f*ucked up with spider-man What else is new...?

Neo Darkhalen
Marvel are going back to the sewer for this.

Bring back Classic spidy!!!

JediSamuraiMRB
Marvel hopes they'll make a lot of money, but with a lot of resentment towards this, they may not even break even.

rox
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Marvel hopes they'll make a lot of money, but with a lot of resentment towards this, they may not even break even.

i always had hope for spidey and mj.

Comicbook_kid
I have been a lifelong Spider-man fan and collector for over 23 years now. I started reading and collecting Spidey since I was around 8 years old. I have put up with and bought the good AND the bad Spidey stories over the years...but after reading what Marvel is now doing to this iconic character, which I have loved my whole life, I AM DONE!

I am absolutely done with Spider-man FOREVER now. I have NEVER, and I do mean NEVER been more disgusted with Marvel than right now. Do you hear me Marvel??? You have now lost a lifelong Spider-man fan, reader, and collector and I hope legions follow me!!! Thank you Marvel for SINCERELY f**king up a great character and a great comic.

I. AM. DONE.

Neo Darkhalen
Same here my friend, they ruined Spider-Man all the way back in 2001.

Sam Z
Soooooooo... how do we know what did happen and what's didn't? Harry's alive, Peter is no longer an avenger and never was one, so all of the avengers stories have never happened. All the marvel team-up and friendly neighborhood stories are no longer canon??? What was the point of that talk with Jameson then? So now he's back at hating Spiderman?
"One more day" is a new definition of word "stupid"...

Neo Darkhalen
It has confused me.

Menetnashté
Marvel ruined something...what a surprise.

Neo Darkhalen
laughing out loud but it is true 100% true, as I never fail to stop mentioning.

Ra˙ne

Neo Darkhalen
True, I still don't understand how him divorcing MJ brings harry back?

Any ideas, one thing is for sure Venom better come back, the real Venom.

Ra˙ne
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
True, I still don't understand how him divorcing MJ brings harry back?

Any ideas, one thing is for sure Venom better come back, the real Venom.

Umm that's a good question harry should still be dead. Did you think that blond girl was Gwen Stacey?

Neo Darkhalen
Well apparently she is still dead, so I don't understand how this works anymore, now you have to think about other heroes, like the NA since Spider-Man no longer joined, so there lives have changed, classic and dead villains may return (not carnage, please not him no expression ) so...it's, it's just one big mess.

Ra˙ne
So does this change anything as far as the civil war and does spider man still have his new spider powers?

Neo Darkhalen
Well Morlun must be alive again along with Ekzial (I don't know how to spell his name) but Civil war still happened, and now Spider-Man is back working at the bugle, does this mean he will be with Black cat again?

ragesRemorse
spiderman has been lacking since Mcfarlene stopped penciling. I do think this stunt is rash and a bit disrespective to fans. Perhaps, MArvel has an idea of where they want to take this relationship, but im sure they have very short sight when it comes to spidermans future. It is silly to me, that the relationship was compromised to save Aunt May. If there is one character in the spiderman story arc that is unnecessary, it is Aunt May. Aunt may should have died along time ago. Her character has changed very little through out the history. She offers nothing to the spiderman story and your going erase Spidermans marriage for her? Personally, i think it should have just ended in divorce or death, but MArvel doesnt have the balls to do something that makes sense or that might actually be interesting. No, lets throw in the stereotypical devil contract for sake of saving someones life and erasing a tired plot line. That may have worked in the 80's, but i thought comic books were supposed to be a bit more sophisticated these days

Neo Darkhalen
Never have liked SM since 2000/2001

Ra˙ne
Maybe this in only temporary something might happen to put everything back the way it use to be.

Neo Darkhalen
I wish that were true.

Toku King
I've officially quit the 616 Spider-Man line for good ever since Spidey's chat with God. That alone was idiotic.

Neo Darkhalen
I quit the 616 Spider-Man long ago.

Magic_attack
I quit the 616 Spider-Man long ago.

sad

I feel your pain. But I still believe that the writers will somehow take their heads out of their ass and write some good stories.

Neo Darkhalen
Perhaps make Eddie Venom again and Mac the Scorpion.

Magic_attack
Perhaps make Eddie Venom again and Mac the Scorpion.

Well assuming that they don't go that route, they could still write some decent stories.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Toku King
I've officially quit the 616 Spider-Man line for good ever since Spidey's chat with God. That alone was idiotic. That wasn't god Toku. That was Kaine.

Neo Darkhalen
Old scar your face then kill you Kaine.

Sam Z
I'd bet all my money (not that I have any) that this is ONLY temporary. In fact I'd bet anyone that the whole "One more day" story will be forgotten by the end of the year and everyone will pretend that it has never happened just like we ignore the whole "Ironman has a spider sense now" thing. Believe me, they won't let anyone erase more than 30 years of character's history, I mean we can't even tell what did happen and what didn't. They're just experimenting...

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Sam Z
I'd bet all my money (not that I have any) that this is ONLY temporary. In fact I'd bet anyone that the whole "One more day" story will be forgotten by the end of the year and everyone will pretend that it has never happened just like we ignore the whole "Ironman has a spider sense now" thing. Believe me, they won't let anyone erase more than 30 years of character's history, I mean we can't even tell what did happen and what didn't. They're just experimenting...

I hope that you are right and its only temporary. I am glad I don't pay for my comics, or I would be really mad. mad

Neo Darkhalen
For Marvels sake let us hope so.

Toku King
Originally posted by Arachnid1
That wasn't god Toku. That was Kaine.

How in Sam Hill was that Kaine?!
The dude turns into a homeless man, then a little girl, and then shows some beach filled with lives he saved.
That is NOT Kaine.

Neo Darkhalen
The dude turns into a homeless man, then a little girl, and then shows some beach filled with lives he saved.
That is NOT Kaine.

The traveller?

Arachnid1
That is NOT Kaine. Sorry. I was wrong. That was all Mephisto. Or, at least the little girl was Mephistos doing. The little girl was actually peter and mj's daughter projected from an alternate time line by mephisto.

I'm pretty sure that was all mephistos doing. There was no god.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Sorry. I was wrong. That was all Mephisto. Or, at least the little girl was Mephistos doing. The little girl was actually peter and mj's daughter projected from an alternate time line by mephisto.

I'm pretty sure that was all mephistos doing. There was no god. I was wrong! That was god! But god is an actual character in Marvel comics. He's so awesome, Living Tribunal (cosmic entitiy that basically governs the universe and would kick galactus/eternity/infinities ass) works for him. His name in comics is One-Above-All.

Wow. I cant believe a dude who is basically everything, is the creator of 616 and every other marvel universe including Ultimate, and is the most powerful being in all of comics period would spend a minute of his eternity of time encouraging a dude about his hostipalized aunt. God must not have much to do these days. laughing out loud

Neo Darkhalen
Actually he takes orders from TOAA

Arachnid1
Actually he takes orders from TOAA Who? The hobo? Nope. The hobo WAS him. In human form.

Living Trubunal takes orders from TOAA though.

Neo Darkhalen
No LT takes orders from TOAA.

F_doomed
fellas dont worry spider-pig shall save the fay

Mr Parker
actually this is the smartest thing marvel has EVER done.I stopped reading spider-man when he got married.that was the worst sin in comicbook history. mad thank god for joe quesada. Happy Dance that was the thing that was always appealing about spiderman was he a geeky teenage kid shy with girls.something many guys could relate to.when he got married,those shy boys afraid of girls no longer could relate to him anymore.Also he no longer had any major problems to deal with anymore either.He was always having problems knowing that he could not reveal his identity to anybody,and always alienating his friends because of his dual identity,with mary jane knowing it,that problem was no longer there anymore.well better late than never to undo a moronic thing.I cant believe it finally happened.I always thought he would get her pregnant and raise a family eventually.thank god I was wrong.NOW I can start reading spidey again after all these years. Happy Dance

the reason marvel did this is because it was the dumbest thing they EVER did in the first place and they are now righting themselves. Happy Dance

Neo Darkhalen
...do you even listen to yourself...or do you just go on mindless rants that lead to no conclusion other then your insane...it's a comic if you don't like the ideas fair enough...if you want to keep the traditional comics alive as i do...only read them...no one forces you to read the new ones so if you don't like them...don't read them...simple as...it's not real...so unless you can back up your claims don't post...just like the batman toy line Spider-Man is not just made for you or me but new and old readers alike.

BTW: most fans don't care if he is married or not...if anything it makes him more believable/human....(thanks to DCompose for that quote.)

Mr Parker
cant a guy express their happiness that the marriage is ending without being yelled at? after reading through all the comics when he WASNT married several times it gets tiresome reading through the same storys over and over when you already know whats going to happen.why do you think I dont watch the 90's toon anymore? after seeing them so many times,it got tiresome,thats why Im glad they got a NEW toon out. and where did I EVER say I read the new ones? I'll never touch a spiderman comic with him being married in it.

thats just an assumption on your part,just like its an assumption by people who like the movies that just because THEY like them,they automatically assume MOST of them like them as well when thats NOT the case at all.

Neo Darkhalen
Ok i get the picture.

Mr Parker
okay then,good. smile

steverules
Organic webbing fires from my penis durwank2

Magic_attack
Organic webbing fires from my penis durwank2

eek!

Arachnid1
Organic webbing fires from my penis durwank2 /thread

ankur29
downgrading spidey was so stupid of marvel , they could have just handled the marrige like normal person, given peter a damn divorce , they screwed up big time erasing like 20 years of story ...

Neo Darkhalen
They did it in a what if of the 90's check it out....no deals no new timeline just a simple, i can't marry you.

ankur29
They did it in a what if of the 90's check it out....no deals no new timeline just a simple, i can't marry you.

yh? well i bet in that what if they did not have 20 years of story to erase

Neo Darkhalen
nope as i said simple, can't marry you that was it.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by ankur29
downgrading spidey was so stupid of marvel , they could have just handled the marrige like normal person, given peter a damn divorce , they screwed up big time erasing like 20 years of story ...

Agreed.

doctorstrongbad
If they are going to reset Spider-man, why not make a new comic and start back at issue 1?

Neo Darkhalen
or at least make a classic comic, beginning before the clone saga.

so reprints and an old style format.

doctorstrongbad
I wouldn't mind one comic reset, but don't take away all of Spidey's past.

Neo Darkhalen
like i said, before the clone saga.

doctorstrongbad
Clone saga was so much crap that I try to forget about it.

F_doomed
If they wanted to restart marvel and make the characters new a relateable with out decades of history they would probley try to just start a new universe with more beliveable villans. perhaps they could call it Ultimate... like Ultimaate spiderman and Ultimate X-men hell even Ultimate Marvel zombies. Brand New day is honestly retarded they should have not even talked supernatural in One more day. and then having them run split lines between amazing and spectacular has been a serious pain in regards to my file at the comic shop.

Silent Guardian
This is why OMD ruined Spiderman and here are some scans from BND:

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/7161404.html

This is the junk they can do with Spidey now!

Arahan
Awesome....

NOT

jalek moye
I've noticed he ahs less muscle mass latly. But i gurantee he's gonna show atleast the organci webbing again soon because they will realize how much crap this whole thing is and he will somehow start to rediscover how to use his upgrades

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by jalek moye
I've noticed he ahs less muscle mass latly. But i gurantee he's gonna show atleast the organci webbing again soon because they will realize how much crap this whole thing is and he will somehow start to rediscover how to use his upgrades

yea I noticed the less muscle mass thing too. And honestly I was enjoying Spiderman for a while, but when civil war & back and black were going on I was just wondering where marvel was going with the character.

Now with Ultimate Spiderman getting cancelled as well, the only Spidey I will be reading about will be in the avengers or guest appearances in other series. Untill marvel fixes all the shit they have done to Spidey at least.

I hope your right jalek moye, but I am not sure. A lot have people have been saying that marvel is going to undo this crap, but from what I hear Joe Q does not have any plans to do so.

Arahan
Ultimate Spiderman will be cancelled? Oh no sad
Didnt read the latest issues but I so far enjoyed it.
It had his own way to retell the spiderman Story.

and for a book of his own i liked it.

Guess I will just read Marvel Adventures the Avengers
with Spiderman as Avenger. It is fun to read.

Silent Guardian
http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/7175777.html

jalek moye
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
yea I noticed the less muscle mass thing too. And honestly I was enjoying Spiderman for a while, but when civil war & back and black were going on I was just wondering where marvel was going with the character.

Now with Ultimate Spiderman getting cancelled as well, the only Spidey I will be reading about will be in the avengers or guest appearances in other series. Untill marvel fixes all the shit they have done to Spidey at least.

I hope your right jalek moye, but I am not sure. A lot have people have been saying that marvel is going to undo this crap, but from what I hear Joe Q does not have any plans to do so.
Joe says he has a good explantion that actually explans why hes not using his upgrades. so i'm gonna assume that afterwords he should atleast display the organic webbing.

but i really fail to see how this whole reboot makes him more relatable

Zack Fair
What a stupid idea.

This shit messes with so much stuff it isn't funny. Its even worse than the clone saga.

I loved Ben Reilly though.

SamZED
Quesada-man theme song.

thumb up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQk7P4O_whw

Zack Fair
ROFL

KingD19
Yeah, I'm supremely pissed at this. I loved the Morlun arc, and now Spidey is back to all his original levels, which means he can bench 10 tons at his best, when he was up to 20 before the deal with the devil.

SamZED
Quesada says that he is not depowered and that he still has organic webs. Also he said that continuity hasn't changed (when it clearly has) The guy has no idea how badly he screwed up.

jalek moye
Originally posted by SamZED
Quesada says that he is not depowered and that he still has organic webs. Also he said that continuity hasn't changed (when it clearly has) The guy has no idea how badly he screwed up.
just wait theres supposedly an explanation and everything coming up soon. Hopefully he gets all his shit back in order to fight norman at the end of dark reign

SamZED
just wait theres supposedly an explanation and everything coming up soon. Hopefully he gets all his shit back in order to fight norman at the end of dark reign
What could he possible come up with to explain all that crap?? He says that nothing has changed and that all the stories we read still happened, but he failed to explain why is Harry alive, how comes Pete even joined the avenger and how comes Peter unmasked himself infront of the media but nobody saw his face. That's Joe's official position.

Scythe
So I finally got around to reading One More Day, and well... I hated it, and I loved it at the same time. I loved the artwork, the panels composed of Peter and MJ just savoring their marriage were quite great. Struck me hard, but they messed up Spidey's history. . . .

o_0
Originally posted by SamZED
What could he possible come up with to explain all that crap?? He says that nothing has changed and that all the stories we read still happened, but he failed to explain why is Harry alive,

They explained how Harry is still alive a few issues ago.

SamZED
Originally posted by o_0
They explained how Harry is still alive a few issues ago. I stopped reading Spider-man and I wont read it until Quesada gets fired or changes everything back to normal. Seriously. I do read new avengers but whenever I see Spider-man I pretend that all that BND crap hasn't happened. Peter's been developing his relationship with each avenger for DECADES and now none of them knows who he is, which means ALL the things they've been through didn't happen. Just HOW is Quesada going to explain THAT?

jalek moye
yea i dont know how he is gonna explain how they all forgot 12 years of his life

o_0
Well, the stuff did happen. It's just people remember it differently, or not at all. I think the only things that have been stated to have never happened are the marriage and MJ's pregnancy.

jalek moye
Originally posted by o_0
Well, the stuff did happen. It's just people remember it differently, or not at all. I think the only things that have been stated to have never happened are the marriage and MJ's pregnancy.
thats what im saying its dumb. they like forgot the last 8 or years of his life. He for some reason lost his upgrades that they claim still happen as well

SamZED
True! they forgot 8 years of his life but according to Quesada the only thing that never happened is marriage?? That doesn't make any sense AT ALL. F#%k Quesada, he pretty much tells all fans - "You have wasted 47 years of your life reading stories that haven't happened or have been changed. As for how exactly they've changed and which of them havent happened go figure it out yourself." In order for Spider-man to start making sense again, they'd have to rewrite EVERY existing book with him.

jalek moye
yea and the whole brand new day made him boring. I would be much happer if the only thing effected is they just didnt remember they were ever married but didn't actually change anything. Also i'd like to see him a date another super person

o_0
thats what im saying its dumb. they like forgot the last 8 or years of his life. He for some reason lost his upgrades that they claim still happen as well

They didn't exactly forget everything, just the stuff pertaining to his identity. Everything else they remember. As for the upgrades, that's one of those things Quesada has said they'll explain in the future, which is probably their way of saying "When we think of something".

Digi
We have OMD and reboot threads that's aren't this one, and also ones that don't resort to profanity in the title. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.