Donkey Kong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
There are actually two Donkey Kongs in Nintendo history.

Donkey/Cranky Kong

Grandfather (retconned to son) of the current Donkey Kong, Cranky was in fact the original DK in which as he states in Donkey Kong Country 2, was "whisking away maidens and throwing barrels." In other words, he was the original protagonist that Mario (known as Jumpman) had to face in order to save Pauline.

Donkey Kong

Son to Cranky, he is portrayed as a powerful, yet lazy and laid-back ape who was more interested in lounging than heroics, and as such was constantly vilified by Cranky and his peers. With his sidekicks Diddy and Dixie, he remains a thorn in the evil King K. Rool's side.

MadMel
go dk!
DK = awesomeness!
thunderwham!

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
he was the original protagonist that Mario (known as Jumpman) had to face in order to save Pauline.

Antagonist...DK would be the antagonist; Mario would be the protagonist (hero).

Ridley_Prime
The DK series was definitely one of Nintendo's best until it sold Rare over to Microsoft. Long live the DKC series and DK 64...
Say, DK 64 was never ported to the DS like Super Mario 64 was, was it? Too bad.

Anyhow, yeah. Donkey Kong's easily one of the biggest figures that got me into gaming. I look forward to playing as him again in Brawl. He had my favorite Up+B attack in Melee, and it was utterly amusing to ground-pound all those Wire Frames with his Down+B move in Multi-Man Melee. big grin

MadMel
indeed
dk in action with his latest game (not counting the soon-to-be-released racing game), its also my favourite dk game big grin
speed feat
KHcZgj-lMuU
strength feat
TZcaVCIa9gM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.