448 Team - Weekly Game Marathon!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kaliero
Thought a few of you guys would like this. A group of guys is attempting to beat all 4 3D console Zeldas in 48 hours. They are also accepting donations. They've made over $250 so far and are hoping to make $500 by the end, 5:00 PM CST Sunday. All money beyond the cost of their pizza will be donated to Child's Play. They're currently on Majora's Mask and are hoping to start The Wind Waker by 5:00 PM Tonight.

Page with live feed is here.

EDIT: Link fixed. Sorry for any confusion.

Thunder Fox
thats insane

Lana
Haha, I found this originally stick out tongue

It is pretty neat, though.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Thought a few of you guys would like this. A group of guys is attempting to beat all 4 3D console Zeldas in 48 hours. They are also accepting donations. They've made over $250 so far and are hoping to make $500 by the end, 5:00 PM CST Sunday. All money beyond the cost of their pizza will be donated to Child's Play. They're currently on Majora's Mask and are hoping to start The Wind Waker by 5:00 PM Tonight.

Good luck to them, they will need it, but still good luck guys.

BackFire
Psh, that's nothing, I once beat Final Fantasy VII VIII and IX over the span of four days. And no one donated shit to me, and I was alone.

Back in my day... *grumbles*.

Lana
That link doesn't work unless you're a member...here's a more direct one.

Neo Darkhalen
Thank you Lana.

ESB -1138

EDIT: Link fixed. Sorry for any confusion.

48 hours huh. Well MM and WW isn't that long to beat. It's OoT and TP that'll take the most time.

Lana
So far it's MM they're having the most trouble with stick out tongue

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Lana
So far it's MM they're having the most trouble with stick out tongue

Really? Do they have to beat the game 100% or just beat the game?

Thunder Fox
no just beat it

ESB -1138
Well I don't think they'll do it. It took them over 10 hours to beat OoT and from what I read they are having a hard time beating MM and TP is a 30+ hour game.

Thunder Fox
yep stuck on one temple they keep dieing ore getting stuck and if i hear a another dead baby joke im going to scream

Neo Darkhalen
Like I said good luck to them, they will need it.

MadMel
damn vid isnt working...its just tuning in and not doing anything sad

Ushgarak
I imagine MM is a problem because you can make small slip ups that add a lot onto your time as you have to wait for the right point again.

Lana
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I imagine MM is a problem because you can make small slip ups that add a lot onto your time as you have to wait for the right point again.

I know that's pretty much why I never even finished it. Got too annoyed with needing to redo stuff a bunch of times because of the time factor.

Plus I think their game has frozen a few times.

MadMel
fair enough....
wait, that doesnt explain why you can all see the video and not me erm

Vinny Valentine
If you guys missed it, they mentioned a few things I sent in... You might have heard them. I was talking with Matt Green in a private Chat today, him and I

Things I said that got mentioned: (What they said)

We got mentioned on some KMC movies forum...

This guy in Chat thinks my voice is hot, that's awesome...Sort of.

Some Guy in an Igloo thinks we shouldn't fly to Japan but to Canada, and then we can do a marathon in his basement he'd lend us. (They all laughed and said cool)

Thunder Fox
i heard the middle one

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Lana
I know that's pretty much why I never even finished it. Got too annoyed with needing to redo stuff a bunch of times because of the time factor.

Really...that's why MM is my favorite Zelda game. Because you can redo anything you want without having to start a new game.

MadMel
damn....now everytime i try to watch this the whole pc freezes..
oh well..

Lana
That was happening to me, too...but it's working fine for me now, not freezing up or anything. I think it had to do with the feed they were using for the video.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
If you guys missed it, they mentioned a few things I sent in... You might have heard them. I was talking with Matt Green in a private Chat today, him and I

Things I said that got mentioned: (What they said)

We got mentioned on some KMC movies forum...

This guy in Chat thinks my voice is hot, that's awesome...Sort of.

Some Guy in an Igloo thinks we shouldn't fly to Japan but to Canada, and then we can do a marathon in his basement he'd lend us. (They all laughed and said cool)

I heard the second part. That was you? laughing out loud

MadMel
hey i can see it now!

Vinny Valentine
I heard the second part. That was you? laughing out loud

Yes! I was in their private chat, I actually was put as a mod in it by Matt Green.. I'm The Canadian Guy ^_^

Neo Darkhalen
smile

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BackFire
Psh, that's nothing, I once beat Final Fantasy VII VIII and IX over the span of four days. And no one donated shit to me, and I was alone.

Back in my day... *grumbles*.

HEAR HEAR!!!

sounds like good times none the less. I would attempt something like this, but i doubt i could convince any friends

dadudemon
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
HEAR HEAR!!!

sounds like good times none the less. I would attempt something like this, but i doubt i could convince any friends

I think you need six people to do this. (2 to play at once to help each other out...like a "co-pilot" and someone to talk to.) Rotate in 3 shifts.

I would love to do this as well and I have plenty of paid time off. It would be difficult to find4 more people who had means to meet up somewhere and do this for 48 hours, though.

General Kaliero
Well, they didn't make it... MM froze on them 5 times. They skipped to WW last night, and completed it, then went back to WW, but 5:00 came and went while still fighting Twinmold.

Still, they entertained something like 1200 viewers at peak point, and raised over $1100 for Child's Play. A weekend well spent, in my opinion.

Lana
I'll agree.

I donated a few dollars last night and was very impressed when they pronounced my name right stick out tongue

Sucks that MM hated them, though. They probably could have made it otherwise.

MadMel
damn, they didnt get to tp erm

Neo Darkhalen
Well, they didn't make it... MM froze on them 5 times. They skipped to WW last night, and completed it, then went back to WW, but 5:00 came and went while still fighting Twinmold.

Still, they entertained something like 1200 viewers at peak point, and raised over $1100 for Child's Play. A weekend well spent, in my opinion.

So true, for charity its always a good day.

ESB -1138
They failed....

We probably deserve a great deal of criticism, hell we never even started Twilight Princess or got past the final dungeon boss in Majora's Mask

Neo Darkhalen
What are you talking about in your last paragraph?

Lana
That's what the guys said on their site.

Neo Darkhalen
Oh right, thanks for clearing that up, I was expecting "" for a quote.

General Kaliero
The 448 gang is playing Twilight Princess now! Go watch, bump the viewer number up, and donate if you can!

BackFire
Lol, the guy mentioned the Pain Olympics.

General Kaliero
Oh, forgot to mention, their target is under 11 hours this time.

MadMel
in tp??
not a chance laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.