Rune Lord Thor Vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thorion
RLT Vs a moderately fed Galactus. I personally think that RLT could take a majority. Your opinions?

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Thorion
RLT Vs a moderately fed Galactus. I personally think that RLT could take a majority. Your opinions?

Moderately fed? If you said really low on power, I'd say yes possibly. But moderately fed?

My logic is probably kind of off the wall here. But Galactus fully powered is about on the level of the Celestials I think. And in the big events around Thor #300, all the chief gods of the pantheons couldn't do squat against the Celestials. Now I grant this information is from way back, but it just doesn't make sense to me that Thor even with Rune Lord and Odin force status could do what all the pantheon heads put together couldn't do.

Thorion
Originally posted by SupremeMan
Moderately fed? If you said really low on power, I'd say yes possibly. But moderately fed?

My logic is probably kind of off the wall here. But Galactus fully powered is about on the level of the Celestials I think. And in the big events around Thor #300, all the chief gods of the pantheons couldn't do squat against the Celestials. Now I grant this information is from way back, but it just doesn't make sense to me that Thor even with Rune Lord and Odin force status could do what all the pantheon heads put together couldn't do.

Good point, but RLT was a lot more powerful then Odin. He'd mastered the magic of the runes on top of the Odinpower.

By moderately fed, I don't mean hungry nor do I mean full. This is an half fed Galactus.

The reason why I believe RLT can take this, is because overall he's got slightly better feats then Galactus, and at the end of the day it all comes down to feats.Odin has once nearly consumed the entire 616 universe which contains Galactus sans powerup. So he nearly destroyed the entire universe using only his power. Now if we take an someone with complete mastery of both the runes and the Odinpower, then they're certainly going to be giving Galactus a hard fight.

Imo, RLT >>Odin =< Galactus. Good point, though.

Terryc250
...Galactus >>>> Odin

Galactus at full power is as powerful as Eternity

Eternity > All celestials (excluding scathan)

a moderate Galactus is atleast as powerful as an average Celestial

When ALL of the skyfathers(including odin) attacked the Celestials, the Celestials didnt even take notice of them and dropped them like flies.

ALL of the skyfathers(including Odin) vs RLT

Skyfathers will win hard.

moderate Galactus => Average Celestial

moderate Galactus > RLT

skyfather
galactus would beat him,alot of people really underestimate galactus power

Thorion
Originally posted by Terryc250
...Galactus >>>> Odin

When ALL of the skyfathers(including odin) attacked the Celestials, the Celestials didnt even take notice of them and dropped them like flies.

moderate Galactus > RLT

There is no such thing as an 'full powered Galactus' A full powered Galactus would need to consume Eternity to satiate his hunger therefore he'll have already won the battle. Odin has actually been on the verge of consuming the universe. RLT was in the same ballpark as Set who himself runs multiple realities. A moderate Galactus has never, ever shown himself to be equal to Celestials. He simply doesn't have the feats to prove it. The reason why I believe that RLT could take it is mainly because 616 Galactus is an complete and utter fool. If RLT plays to his strengths and outwits Galactus he could certainly win.

Thorion
Originally posted by skyfather
galactus would beat him,alot of people really underestimate galactus power

More like overestimate..

LORD B
More like overestimate..

a very very week galactus destroyed 3 star system during annihilation.imo he would beat rlt

Thorion
Originally posted by LORD B
a very very week galactus destroyed 3 star system during annihilation.imo he would beat rlt

Regular Odin nearly destroyed the entire universe smile

Terryc250
^ plz show me Odin almost destroying/consuming the entire universe, this ive never heard of.

Mr. Slippyfist
^ plz show me Odin almost destroying/consuming the entire universe, this ive never heard of. His dark half was destroying a bunch of planets one at a time...

Utrigita
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
His dark half was destroying a bunch of planets one at a time...

And I think the entire event have been retconned though not sure in any way.

Galactus ftw.

Thorion
^ plz show me Odin almost destroying/consuming the entire universe, this ive never heard of.

I can't remember the exact issue number, but he was consuming the 616 cosmos and using his telepathy, he was mindraping quintillions of beings.

Thorion
I think it was Quasar number 37 or something. The retcon actually makes Odin more powerful if the Infinity they're talking about is the abstract one. Basically says that he can draw on Infinity's power at will wink

Utrigita
A moderate Galactus has never, ever shown himself to be equal to Celestials. He simply doesn't have the feats to prove it.

Really displayes of power does the Celestials have when you put them next to Odin???

Disregard three incidents and then compare the Celestials to Odin, the One where Odin Vishnu and Zeus couldn't do a single thing to a Celestial, The act where Arishem wasn't hurt by Thors GodBlast and finally The destroyer incident.

Remove those three incident from your mind and then answer me if Odin is above the Celestials based on feats because when we get to the Celestials feat they really does have many in the power department (shattering Galaxies etc) erm

Mr. Slippyfist
I think it was Quasar number 37 or something. The retcon actually makes Odin more powerful if the Infinity they're talking about is the abstract one. Basically says that he can draw on Infinity's power at will wink That was a Thor issue...

Infinity was his dark half... speculation to say he is connected to the Abstract. Unless of course, said speculation has proof...

Utrigita
I think it was Quasar number 37 or something. The retcon actually makes Odin more powerful if the Infinity they're talking about is the abstract one. Basically says that he can draw on Infinity's power at will wink

It was his Evil Half that was capable of doing that not Odin, and from what I know of the retcon though Again I isn't sure Odin defeated his evil half and absorbed him into himself and then used his evil halfs power to right all the damage but again not sure about this in any way.

Utrigita
Infinity is the cosmic entity that defines the entirety of space and its occupants. Together with Eternity it encompasses all of creation, representing both time and space. Infinity was 'born', along with the other abstracts, with the 'Big Bang'. Each universe has its own Infinity, all overseen by the Living Tribunal and its enigmatic master, the "One Above All" (not the Celestial of the same name).

Long ago the Asgardian all-father Odin added a tiny sliver of Infinity's powers to his own powers, which were later stolen and corrupted by the Asgardian death-goddess Hela. Christened Infinity, the sliver threatened to destroy the universe until stopped by Thor. More recently, the newly disembodied Inhuman/Deviant hybrid Maelstrom, whose atoms had been spread across the universe, learned of the existence of the abstract entities. He slew and replaced the cosmic being Anomaly. Aided by Oblivion, he sought to collapse the universe into a single anomalous point, bring all this is to Oblivions' realm, and secretly planned to become the new Oblivion in the process. As part of his plan, Maelstrom killed Eon's protector Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), stealing his quantum bands and Eon's powers. Maelstrom then created a black hole in the center of the universe strong enough to pull in all of existence. Quasar's energy-ghost contacted Infinity, who revealed its role in recent events to make him its avatar. Quasar killed Maelstrom and had almost reversed the spatial explosion when Oblivion pitted him against its avatar, the reborn Maelstrom. The two were evenly matched until Quasar realized that an earlier retroactive act by the cosmic entity Origin had made him the superior anomaly and used that knowledge to destroy Maelstrom. Infinity and Oblivion summoned their counterparts Eternity and Death to negotiate a new pact between their forces allowing, amongst other things, Quasar's resurrection.

Infinity later joined with other abstracts in confronting former Damage Control employee Edifice Rex. A merged Infinity/Eternity bound Adam Warlock's evil side, the Magus, inside Warlock's soul gem. Infinity witnessed Roma's attempt to keep Franklin Richards' powers from overwhelming the universe, and subsequently gave the Shaper-of-World's faux-medieval creation "Eurth" a permanent existence. Later, the merged Infinity and Eternity were almost driven mad by the coming death of reality-anchor Atlez, but were restored when Warlock brought in his replacement Atleza. When Thanos used the Heart of the Infinite to destroy all reality, including Infinity, Warlock convinced him to recreate the universe and restore all abstracts.

Significant Issues:

Thor #184-188: Infinity's force perceived by Odin and inadvertently tapped, creating an astronomical manifestation extinguishing stars in Asgard dimension; Odin went to World Beyond to investigate it, became mentally unhinged while contemplating power, combined mystical might of Asgard directed by Thor prevented a permanent merging with Odin-like Infinity-manifestation

From Immortalthor.net

Thorion
Originally posted by Utrigita
It was his Evil Half that was capable of doing that not Odin, and from what I know of the retcon though Again I isn't sure Odin defeated his evil half and absorbed him into himself and then used his evil halfs power to right all the damage but again not sure about this in any way.

Infinity was a shard of Odin. Still doesn't qualify as a powerup i'm afraid..

Thorion
Interesting...either way, though, it shows that Odin can tap into the power at will. If he can do it at will, it shouldn't count as a powerup..

Utrigita
Infinity was a shard of Odin. Still doesn't qualify as a powerup i'm afraid..

Again as said before from what I know it have been retconned though I'm not sure in what way...

But what it seems like from Infinity's bio which I posted above it wasn't Odin but instead Thor that defeated Infinity and that it was the abstract that was used... confused

Thorion
Again as said before from what I know it have been retconned though I'm not sure in what way...

But what it seems like from Infinity's bio which I posted above it wasn't Odin but instead Thor that defeated Infinity and that it was the abstract that was used... confused

It was a very ambiguous retcon. It gives us two possibilities. Odin can draw on Infinity (Eternity's counterpart's) powers, or he can draw on Infinity (A shard of himself's) powers at will.

Utrigita
Interesting...either way, though, it shows that Odin can tap into the power at will. If he can do it at will, it shouldn't count as a powerup..

Found more interesting stuff on...

There was only a *partial* retcon, designed to get rid of the idea that just *half* of the Odin Power could effortlessly destroy the entire Universe, as well as boost Infinity's stature while at it.

........The exact Quote from Quasar #19:

"I glimpsed her HAND once-- many cycles ago-- when a tiny FRACTION of her power was being tapped by the Earth-God ODIN.."

........The exact quote from the Handbook:

"Thor #184-188: Infinity's force perceived by Odin and inadvertently tapped, creating an astronomical manifestation extinguishing stars in Asgard dimension; Odin went to World Beyond to investigate it, became mentally unhinged while contemplating power, combined mystical might of Asgard directed by Thor prevented a permanent merging with Odin-like Infinity-manifestation"

.......Allow me clarify some on the Infinity Saga, at least little bit, since there seems to be a lot of misconception as far as the retcon goes. I also want to preface this by reminding that the handbook is OOC, and thus invalid.

In said story, a failed assasination attempt splits Odin into two beings. One of the beings is named Infinity. And Infinity is Odin's evil half. Eventually, Odin confronts Infinity and they do battle (lots of fireworks). But Infinity is only getting *stronger* and *stronger* as time goes by, and eventually simply overpowers Odin -- Odin is defeated by Infinity. Mind controlled Odin then goes after Thor and company. At any rate, only with the help of Thor and some others is Odin able regain his senses or whatever. Then, is able to absorb his evil half, Infinity, back into himself and fix all the damage Infinity caused, as well as the damage they caused during their battle.

The retcon only told us *where* Odin's evil half was getting power from, and why Odin's evil half grew more and more powerful as it so desired, surpassing Odin's good half. It tells of nothing else.

Utrigita
It was a very ambiguous retcon. It gives us two possibilities. Odin can draw on Infinity (Eternity's counterpart's) powers, or he can draw on Infinity (A shard of himself's) powers at will.

Because he did at that time doesn't mean that he can do it now.

And it from the material on top it seems like it was a fraction he possessed without possibility for further advancing his powerlevels...

Thorion
Because he did at that time doesn't mean that he can do it now.

And it from the material on top it seems like it was a fraction he possessed without possibility for further advancing his powerlevels...

Interesting. I'm still pretty confused, though. So it was indeed his counterpart Infinitys' powers he drew it from right? I'd also assume that those powerlevels are pretty standard since it was written by Stan Lee. Odin's creator. So if he intended Odin to be that powerful then he probably is.

Thorion
Interesting. I'm still pretty confused, though. So it was indeed his counterpart Infinitys' powers he drew it from right? I'd also assume that those powerlevels are pretty standard since it was written by Stan Lee. Odin's creator. So if he intended Odin to be that powerful then he probably is. I do agree that it was probably nearing the limits of his powers, though.

Utrigita
Interesting. I'm still pretty confused, though. So it was indeed his counterpart Infinitys' powers he drew it from right? I'd also assume that those powerlevels are pretty standard since it was written by Stan Lee. Odin's creator. So if he intended Odin to be that powerful then he probably is. I do agree that it was probably nearing the limits of his powers, though.

I have absolutely no idea about this I'm just as confused as you are and have been for a long time since I discussed Odin Vs Galactus.

But the way and I could very well be wrong is this:

Odin gets a shard from the abstract Infinity.

Hela then animates the shard and names it infinity.

Now according to the retcon, Odin goes to Battle Infinity but cannot win because Infinity gets stronger and stronger he then loses and gets mindcontrolled, Thor then later frees his father and Odin then Manages to Absorb his evil side half whatever, and uses the power to remake everything that was destroyed in the progress of there battle.

The entire retcon is as mentioned above from the part I copied in, is made because it seemed to insane that just a part of Odin's power could destroy the Universe...

But again not sure in any way... just my view on it...

And if you want to enter that stan lee knows his characters then this debate is over since in THOR V1 #134 the narrator tells us that Galactus is "The most awesome living entity in the cosmos"

and in FANTASTIC FOUR v1 #74 Narration tells us that Galactus is "The most supremely destructive figure in the known universe"

So lets not enter that area shall we smile

Batman-Prime
Big G easy

guy222
...Galactus >>>> Odin

moderate Galactus > RLT

Galactus>>>>Odinhmm

http://i115.imagethrust.com/t/674833/thor16802.jpg http://i101.imagethrust.com/t/674834/thor16814.jpg

Living Tribunal=Scathan the Approver>Eternity

Tiamut, Arishem or Exitar vs Galactus merits a worthy debate as me, Utrigita and Tenebrous can attest to

Bouboumaster
Galactus eats RLT

Bnmcd
RLT is just above skyfater, Galactus is an abstract, Galactus wins

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222
Galactus>>>>Odinhmm

yes big grin

http://i115.imagethrust.com/t/674833/thor16802.jpg http://i101.imagethrust.com/t/674834/thor16814.jpg

You know as well as I do that the Galactus that have been encounteret by Thor until this point is one that was so depleted in power that he had to resort to using tech stick out tongue

Living Tribunal=Scathan the Approver>Eternity

Yes.

Tiamut, Arishem or Exitar vs Galactus merits a worthy debate as me, Utrigita and Tenebrous can attest to

It sure does, IMO Galactus vs Tiamut, Galactus normal powerlevels, Galactus wins a single Celestial more any celestial and Galactus wouldn't win.

Arishem and Exitar against Galactus normal Powerlevels tough to gauge but a small victory for Galactus but this battle he can just as easily lose as he can win it

(disregarding Hyperspace energy manipulation completely)

LittleMac
How to change your IP address. It might not work for everyone.

janus77
why does Galactus look and sound like Homer Simpson in a tin-man suit in those scans?
no

seriously Galactus must be one of the most frequently humiliated cosmic entities in Marvel comics lol.

Rewmac
Who is RLT? Rune Lord Thor? Never heard 31

Larceny
Thor

Thorion
http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=306561&postcount=65

I suggest anybody who's interested in this battle reads the above post. It's extremely informative. It's pretty long, but It's a worthwhile read.

Bnmcd
what stops Galactus from eating Thor's odinpower?

SpiderGauntlet
http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=306561&postcount=65

I suggest anybody who's interested in this battle reads the above post. It's extremely informative. It's pretty long, but It's a worthwhile read.

Galactus jobs like shit cool.

You probably don't read comics with him. (No offense or anything)

Also in one issue a weaker Galactus was insatiable and kept devouring his universe but destroyed to prevent it him from affecting others.

Thorion
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
Galactus jobs like shit cool.

You probably don't read comics with him. (No offense or anything)

Also in one issue a weaker Galactus was insatiable and kept devouring his universe but destroyed to prevent it him from affecting others.

None taken. You're kind of right, though. I've missed out on a lot of his current appearances, like Annihilation. 616 Galactus has time and time again been portrayed as an idiot. If we compare feats, they're about equal, give or take. Now, RLT is a couple of steps above Odin which is why I give him a majority over Galactus, while I think that Odin either stalemates or loses a slight majority.

SpiderGauntlet
None taken. You're kind of right, though. I've missed out on a lot of his current appearances, like Annihilation. 616 Galactus has time and time again been portrayed as an idiot. If we compare feats, they're about equal, give or take. Now, RLT is a couple of steps above Odin which is why I give him a majority over Galactus, while I think that Odin either stalemates or loses a slight majority.

Well I guess your just one of those people who prefer feats to speculation.

Your quite right that Galactus acts like a moron.

In Annihilation he got captured and used as a weapon by Annihilus.
But he escaped and wreck 3 star systems and killed a watcher.

But I can't change your outlook on debating.

Larceny
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
Well I guess your just one of those people who prefer feats to speculation.

Your quite right that Galactus acts like a moron.

In Annihilation he got captured and used as a weapon by Annihilus.
But he escaped and wreck 3 star systems and killed a watcher.

But I can't change your outlook on debating.

Destroying a few star systems isn't that impressive. At least not when your grouped with the characters Galactus is grouped with.

Larceny
Originally posted by Bnmcd
what stops Galactus from eating Thor's odinpower?

The fact that he's never done it.

llagrok
Honestly, a moderately fed Galactus would probably take 10/10

draxx_tOfU
Galactus > Celestial > pantheons of gods

Thorion
Originally posted by llagrok
Honestly, a moderately fed Galactus would probably take 10/10

I can't see that happening. Feats suggest that it'd be an extremely close battle. Certainly not a stomp either way.

llagrok
I can't see that happening. Feats suggest that it'd be an extremely close battle. Certainly not a stomp either way.

Not really, Galactus feats are pretty amazing.

Rune King Thor feats are pretty much;

- Defeating an insanely empowered Loki
- "scaring?" Surtur
- Ending the cycle of Ragnaros

He's Odin and then some.

The Great Galen
Galactus wins 10/10 in a stomp.

Thorion

- "scaring?" Surtur

He's Odin and then some.

He has the Odinpower..Odin's feats should certainly be applicable, no? And Odin is generally considered Galactus' equal featwise. Odin/RLT also don't have half the low showings that Galactus does.

Larceny

- "scaring?" Surtur

He's Odin and then some.

List a few Galactus feats accomplished while moderately fed.

Thorion
Originally posted by The Great Galen

I can see why you'd say that. wink

llagrok
He has the Odinpower..Odin's feats should certainly be applicable, no? And Odin is generally considered Galactus' equal featwise. Odin/RLT also don't have half the low showings that Galactus does.

Thor would be more than capable of performing what Odin did, yeah.

draxx_tOfU

Agreed...

in the comics with CIS/PIS, probably not 10/10, but forum rules would swing the pendulum in Galactus' favor...

Abstract over skyfather at best anytime...

Thorion
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
Agreed...

in the comics with CIS/PIS, probably not 10/10, but forum rules would swing the pendulum in Galactus' favor...

Abstract over skyfather at best anytime...

Feats say otherwise wink

llagrok
Rune King Thor is above your average Skyfather.

draxx_tOfU
Thor has more feats than Agamotto...

Does that make him more powerful?

Superman has more feats than GEB, does that make him more powerful?

confused

The Great Galen
Galactus gestures the odinforce out of existence and wills Thor into oblivion, 10/10

Thorion
Agamotto has better feats than Thor...

Does that make him more powerful? (Yes)

GEB has better feats than Superman , does that make him more powerful? (Yes)

Fixed big grin

draxx_tOfU
Rune King Thor is above your average Skyfather.

what is an average skyfather?

Vishnu? Zeus?

would you say he's more powerful than Atum?

if he is, despite the absence of feats, would he be an abstract on par with Galactus in power and standing?

curious...

Thorion
Galactus gestures the odinforce out of existence and wills Thor into oblivion, 10/10

I'm not going to even bother to respond to this post. The sheer idiocy.. mad

The Great Galen
Well the thing is Galactus could just erase the odinforce like he did with the phoenixforce. In fact he could chanel energies that are as massive as the big crunch to RKT and Thor wouldnt be able to do shit bout it.

Thorion
what is an average skyfather?

Vishnu? Zeus?

would you say he's more powerful than Atum?

if he is, despite the absence of feats, would he be an abstract on par with Galactus in power and standing?

curious...

Zeus stalemated Thor. Marvel Vishnu has no on-panel feats..Odin is the be all end all skyfather. I'd certainly say that RLT is equal to Atum and Set who controls multiple realities.

janus77
Galactus wins.

draxx_tOfU
Fixed big grin

you do know that one of Agamotto's vulgar display of power came when Galactus fought him in his own realm...

anyhoo, Galactus stomps the godling...

Thorion
Well the thing is Galactus could just erase the odinforce like he did with the phoenixforce. In fact he could chanel energies that are as massive as the big crunch to RKT and Thor wouldnt be able to do shit bout it.

Ok, if you're going to be like that...RLT begins consuming the universe, Galactus wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Thorion
you do know that one of Agamotto's vulgar display of power came when Galactus fought him in his own realm...

anyhoo, Galactus stomps the godling...

Even though their about equal in feats? Thor alone has scared off Galactus via non-fully charged Godblast. RLT could realistically kill him with one.

The Great Galen
There was nothing wrong with that I said, G has feats that stomp RKT like a *****. So u decide, either G wins by erasing the odinforce or he chanels universe destryoing blast towards Thor...either way Thor loses 10/10.

draxx_tOfU
Zeus stalemated Thor. Marvel Vishnu has no on-panel feats..Odin is the be all end all skyfather. I'd certainly say that RLT is equal to Atum and Set who controls multiple realities.

**sigh**

Zeus wasn't going all out, Zeus = Odin...

Proof that RKT is = Atum, Set?

draxx_tOfU
Even though their about equal in feats? Thor alone has scared off Galactus via non-fully charged Godblast. RLT could realistically kill him with one.

In the comics, yes...

Forum rules is a different matter, meaning G doesn't have to job to fulfill his part in a stupid plot...

The Great Galen
Exactly, so G erases Odinforce and thats all there is to it. Its spite G wins 10/10.

Thorion
**sigh**

Zeus wasn't going all out, Zeus = Odin...

Proof that RKT is = Atum, Set?

Touche..

That is however the only noticeable feat to gauge Zeus with. He's never shown himself to be close to Odin in terms of power. What I also find stupid, though is that everybody's saying that he was holding back. I find it hard to believe that he'd fight for months on end holding back. If he's so much more powerful then Thor he could've been able to put him down anytime he wants. Not kill him, but put him down. I have no proof that RLT is equal to Atum/Set, but the on-panel evidence that showed him to be so far above Odin is why I'm thinking that he's closer to Atum/Set.

Thorion
In the comics, yes...

Forum rules is a different matter, meaning G doesn't have to job to fulfill his part in a stupid plot... #

Knew this would come up...So everytime big G loses to someone less powerful then him he's jobbing? The fact is that the Godblast is one of the few things powerful enough to harm Galactus. Even if we discount low showings, Odin has his fair share of high showings.

draxx_tOfU
Touche..

That is however the only noticeable feat to gauge Zeus with. He's never shown himself to be close to Odin in terms of power. What I also find stupid, though is that everybody's saying that he was holding back. I find it hard to believe that he'd fight for months on end holding back. If he's so much more powerful then Thor he could've been able to put him down anytime he wants. Not kill him, but put him down. I have no proof that RLT is equal to Atum/Set, but the on-panel evidence that showed him to be so far above Odin is why I'm thinking that he's closer to Atum/Set.

you have a point, but that's comics, there are some things that you have to take with a grain of salt...

it's like the time when people thought that Strange stalemated the IG...

crazy, I tells ya...

llagrok
Touche..

Zeus was simply fighting Thor without wanting to kill him. He sparred with Thor for a couple of months so to speak.

Larceny
Originally posted by Larceny

draxx_tOfU
#

Knew this would come up...So everytime big G loses to someone less powerful then him he's jobbing? The fact is that the Godblast is one of the few things powerful enough to harm Galactus. Even if we discount low showings, Odin has his fair share of high showings.

a bite from a hamster would harm me, but it wouldn't put me down...

can a godblast erase a star system?

and...

Ultimate Nullifier >>> godblast

Thorion
you have a point, but that's comics, there are some things that you have to take with a grain of salt...

it's like the time when people thought that Strange stalemated the IG...

crazy, I tells ya...

Yeah... stick out tongue

Thorion
a bite from a hamster would harm me, but it wouldn't put me down...

can a godblast erase a star system?

and...

Ultimate Nullifier >>> godblast

Yes, but Galactus had to retreat. He would have died if he continued onwards. I'd say it could. The ultimate nullifier isn't part of Galactus. The statement wasn't supposed to be taken figuratively. I can say, "This comic book is as much a part of me as my heart itself" doesn't mean it's really a part of me.

draxx_tOfU
it's a weapon, his weapon...

like mjolnir is to Thor...

are you saying then that mjolnir is a physiological extension of Thor's body?

Thorion
it's a weapon, his weapon...

like mjolnir is to Thor...

are you saying then that mjolnir is a physiological extension of Thor's body?

It's not his. He has no influence over it. When he died the UN was unaffected. Mjolnir, however is Thor's weapon. He's it's protector and guardian, but he has no special relationship with it.

draxx_tOfU
It's not his. He has no influence over it. When he died the UN was unaffected. Mjolnir, however is Thor's weapon. He's it's protector and guardian, but he has no special relationship with it.

So a weapon has to be "affected" when the wielder dies, in order to be his?

I also don't understand your last sentence...

Thorion
So a weapon has to be "affected" when the wielder dies, in order to be his?

I also don't understand your last sentence...

wink I'm referring to the misconception that the UN is solely Galactus' He's It's current wielder. That is all. While Thor has a special relationship with Mjolnir. It's his. It was made only for him.

guy222
Galactus > Celestial > pantheons of gods

Which Celestial, my friend

draxx_tOfU
wink I'm referring to the misconception that the UN is solely Galactus' He's It's current wielder. That is all. While Thor has a special relationship with Mjolnir. It's his. It was made only for him.

made for him or not, G has the UN, simple as that...

just because it wasn't made for him does not mean he can't use it...

was the soul gem made for Adam? was the eye of Agamotto made for Stephen?

anyway, besides, honestly, he doesn't even need it to stomp Thor...

Thorion
made for him or not, G has the UN, simple as that...

just because it wasn't made for him does not mean he can't use it...

was the soul gem made for Adam? was the eye of Agamotto made for Stephen?

anyway, besides, honestly, he doesn't even need it to stomp Thor...

I never said that he couldn't use it wink I still think RLT wins. It comes down to feats and featswise he's superior. He's got all the high showing of Galactus and none of the low showings.

draxx_tOfU
I never said that he couldn't use it wink I still think RLT wins. It comes down to feats and featswise he's superior. He's got all the high showing of Galactus and none of the low showings.

are you referring to whatssatnameagain " Those Who Sit Above The Shadow" as a high feat?

for a group whom some compared to celestials, all they could do was yell, " NOOOOOOOOOOOO"...

lol...

forum rules = G ftw 10/10

The Great Galen
Via erasing the Odinforce.

Thorion
are you referring to whatssatnameagain " Those Who Sit Above The Shadow" as a high feat?

for a group whom some compared to celestials, all they could do was yell, " NOOOOOOOOOOOO"...

lol...

forum rules = G ftw 10/10

Because RLT was that far above 'em wink So forum rules discount feats altogether?

Thorion
Via erasing the Odinforce.

Which he couldn't do.

guy222
yes big grin

You know as well as I do that the Galactus that have been encounteret by Thor until this point is one that was so depleted in power that he had to resort to using tech stick out tongue

Yes.

It sure does, IMO Galactus vs Tiamut, Galactus normal powerlevels, Galactus wins a single Celestial more any celestial and Galactus wouldn't win.

Arishem and Exitar against Galactus normal Powerlevels tough to gauge but a small victory for Galactus but this battle he can just as easily lose as he can win it

(disregarding Hyperspace energy manipulation completely)

Good points as always smile

"Doth challenge mine own" Odin about Galactus. Most of us agreed in the Odin/Galactus threads, if Big G is weak, he loses

I know, Galactus will beat a Celestial for u. And as stated before, I respect that in the highest

U and I both know why I chose Tiamut over Galactus

Arishem or Exitar vs Big G is a battle as well

As a Celestials fan, ur a Galactus fan, we both agree billions of Celestials>Galactus

Thorion
Anybody else think that the Celestials are avatars of multi-Eternity?

guy222
Celestials appear to do Eternity's bidding

Whereas, Scathan the Approver is above Eternity in the GOTG arc

CosmicSurfer
RLT crushed Mangog with effortless ease in one strike. That alone puts him at least in league with a moderately fed Galactus.

llagrok
Originally posted by CosmicSurfer
RLT crushed Mangog with effortless ease in one strike. That alone puts him at least in league with a moderately fed Galactus.

Forgot about that.

That shit was impressive.

guy222
Thor w/weapons crafted by Odin stomped Mangog as well

Tenebrous

Galactus easily reclaimed the nullifier from abraxas. We all know abraxas>>>galactus, but when galactus reclaimed the nullifier, abraxas was shocked, and failed to regain possession of the UN for the rest of his existence as a comic character. No character has demonstrated the same ability to effortlessly bring the nullifier to his person, as Galactus has. There's also no character who has demonstrated the same amount of precision and control of the UN as Galactus. Silver Surfer, Thanos, Sue Storm, Reed Richards, Morg, Uatu, have all stated on panel as referencing the Ultimate Nullifier as "in his possession" or "he keeps it aboard his ship." Whether there's an intrinsic personal relation or not bet. Galactus and the UN is rendered moot by the amount of control, external and otherwise, Galactus has demonstrated over the UN, as well as the UN always being associated with Galactus nearly everytime the UN (the real UN, not a fake or replica imitation) makes an appearance.

We should also note that when Galactus died...the UN had to be found during the abraxas saga.

Batman-Prime

Zeus defeated Thor, he catched his hammer beat him down and saw what Thor was fighting for so he stopped the fight. Thor had absolutly no chance in this fight i have the comic and saw the scans here, where someone left one page out......
I talk about normal Thor who fought Zeus.

Didn't the Celestials create the Asgardians? Isn't one single Celestial more powerful then an entire Pantheon? Is Galactus not almost on Celestial level when mod fed? I don't see even 1/1000 for RLT without PIS.

guy222
Arishem was goin to seal off their homes. Odin, Zeus and Vishnu bowed to Arishem and vowed not to interfere in Celestial judgment. Odin then took all the life forces except Thor into the Destroyer to combat the Celestial host. Celestials easily defeated Odin/Destroyer and the Uni Mind

Celestials>Asgardians yes smile

thtadthtshldntb
Normally I just lurk around on this board, you guys are pretty solid as far as being sources of info on certain characters and such and in many threads I enjoy reading your debates, but this thread for whatever reason has pulled me out of the depths....perhaps its the appearance of strangely familiar, exactingly familiar, arguments to some that I have made. cool

Originally posted by Tenebrous
Galactus easily reclaimed the nullifier from abraxas. We all know abraxas>>>galactus, but when galactus reclaimed the nullifier, abraxas was shocked, and failed to regain possession of the UN for the rest of his existence as a comic character. No character has demonstrated the same ability to effortlessly bring the nullifier to his person, as Galactus has. There's also no character who has demonstrated the same amount of precision and control of the UN as Galactus. Silver Surfer, Thanos, Sue Storm, Reed Richards, Morg, Uatu, have all stated on panel as referencing the Ultimate Nullifier as "in his possession" or "he keeps it aboard his ship." Whether there's an intrinsic personal relation or not bet. Galactus and the UN is rendered moot by the amount of control, external and otherwise, Galactus has demonstrated over the UN, as well as the UN always being associated with Galactus nearly everytime the UN (the real UN, not a fake or replica imitation) makes an appearance.

We should also note that when Galactus died...the UN had to be found during the abraxas saga.

On this incident. I have to say that the whole Galactus summoning the UN smacks of PIS.

Has anyone here actually read Galactus first appearance? For what Galactus did in the Abraxus Saga to represent some ability of Galactus to summon the UN, would totally invalidate the means of victory for the FF in the Galactus trilogy.

This inconsistency seriously needs to be resolved, although these days Marvel's mantra seems to be "its magic, we don't have to explain it"... anyway...

Galactus is a powerful entity, but only full power Galactus, a being who by definition would have consumed all of Eternity, can be said to be Abstract level.

We know that classic Thor is powerful enough to strike a potentially mortal wound against Galactus.

RLT is orders of magnitude beyond even Odin in power, Odin who has busted galaxies, almost consumed a whole universe, and has had a multiverse damaging battle.

When RLT came to Surtur, Surtur rather nonchalantly stated that RLT could kill him. This is a being that Odin, Loki and Thor all at once have had trouble with.

As to Odin's battle with the Celestial Host, I don't think that Odin could defeat all of them, but one on one, he would defeat a normal Celestial. Its also patently obvious that Odin could not go all out in that battle, as blowing the Milky Way apart to drive the Celestials off of the Earth would be contradictory.

RLT should take a solid 8/10 from Galactus presuming a middling strength Galactus.

SpiderGauntlet
Originally posted by thtadthtshldntb
On this incident. I have to say that the whole Galactus summoning the UN smacks of PIS.

Has anyone here actually read Galactus first appearance? For what Galactus did in the Abraxus Saga to represent some ability of Galactus to summon the UN, would totally invalidate the means of victory for the FF in the Galactus trilogy.

This inconsistency seriously needs to be resolved, although these days Marvel's mantra seems to be "its magic, we don't have to explain it"... anyway...

It's been made cannon now. So no. It's not his regular tech so he can't use it.

Galactus is a powerful entity, but only full power Galactus, a being who by definition would have consumed all of Eternity, can be said to be Abstract level.

We know that classic Thor is powerful enough to strike a potentially mortal wound against Galactus.

Galactus is abstract level at default. Eternity is one of the stronger Abstracts.

ALSO Galactus jobs alot and was very weak back then.
PLEASE people stop ignoring how he is the most present abstract and must job.

As to Odin's battle with the Celestial Host, I don't think that Odin could defeat all of them, but one on one, he would defeat a normal Celestial. Its also patently obvious that Odin could not go all out in that battle, as blowing the Milky Way apart to drive the Celestials off of the Earth would be contradictory.

What are you talking about. He couldn't even get the Celestial to notice him. He was with other Skyfathers by the way.

RLT is orders of magnitude beyond even Odin in power, Odin who has busted galaxies, almost consumed a whole universe, and has had a multiverse damaging battle.

Consumed Universe with the shard of infinity
Odin busted Galaxies yet Galactus destroyed them when fighting with a being around his level.
A multiverse damaging battle recks any feat in the entire fuggin thread. It destroys abstract level feats sick .

Happy Dance

guy222
Good points

About the UN, Galactus actually feared it when Uatu sent Human Torch to retrieve it

In regards to Odin defeating a Celestial. Won't happen. Celestials are way above Asgardians. Arishem could've easily killed Odin, Zeus and Vishnu. If not for Gaea, Thor would've perished also

dawsey28
smile

janus77
with a blink Galactus turns mjolnir into tofu?
then feeds it to Surfer confused.

Utrigita

Wouldn't be easy since most of his feats is preformed when he is hungry erm

Utrigita
Destroying a few star systems isn't that impressive. At least not when your grouped with the characters Galactus is grouped with.

So killing a watcher, a race which levels of durability makes them capable of possibly surviving universal destruction isn't impressive???

Utrigita

And just for how long was RLT around in the comics??? For many years like Galactus???

Utrigita

It smells more like a retcon to me...

Again possible retcon because in the Tyrant incident we know that Galactus was trying to disassemble the UN but couldn't find the energy to do so, I smell more PIS in that first illustration then I do in the latest issues which clearly shows that Galactus has a high command over the UN.

Well they don't have to stick out tongue

Really since when Galactus has always been a merging between a Mortal and a Abstract, and is there a certain level of power one have to be consideret a Abstract, The

A Galactus that was so weak that he had to resort to tech, and in the same Act (if we are thinking on the same incident) then Thor had to channel such a level of the Odinforce against Galactus that he couldn't even hold Mjolner and then directed his attack against a Galactus that wasn't prepared wow great work.

Not denying the busted Galaxies but as mentioned the Consume universe part has been retconned, And Odin never damaged the multiverse in his battle with Seth, he destroyed death Galaxies that was located in the prime 616 universe and was tearing in the fabric of the multiverse, I can tear at the corner of a carpet thus I'm tearing in the fabric that makes up the carpet but that doesn't mean I'm tearing at the entire Carpet.

When RLT came to Surtur, Surtur rather nonchalantly stated that RLT could kill him. This is a being that Odin, Loki and Thor all at once have had trouble with.

Impressive, Galactus defeated the Proimael Gods beings that rival the Celestials in power in theory.

No chance that Odin would defeat a single Celestial his greatest creation the Destroyer would get owned by a single Celestial. And I think in that act Odin attacked with all the strenght he could muster he along with his fellow styfathers was angry because of the celestials seeing themselves as having a course far beyond what concerned the Skyfathers and they where humbled.

RLT should take a solid 8/10 from Galactus presuming a middling strength Galactus.

Galactus ftw IMO. smile

Thorion
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, then. I'm with Tad. RLT should take a majority against Galactus.

starlock
RKT for the win

Rewmac
Good points

About the UN, Galactus actually feared it when Uatu sent Human Torch to retrieve it

In regards to Odin defeating a Celestial. Won't happen. Celestials are way above Asgardians. Arishem could've easily killed Odin, Zeus and Vishnu. If not for Gaea, Thor would've perished also Good post. Finally someone...31

llagrok
Originally posted by janus77
then feeds it to Surfer confused.

What does RKT need Mjolnir for?

Rewmac
What does RKT need Mjolnir for? big grinbig grinbig grin

Rewmac
Originally posted by janus77
then feeds it to Surfer confused. I just got back to KMC after a while and there are still people who debate bullcrap?? Do you even know who Rune King Thor is? He doesn't have Mjolnir, he has the powers of the Runes...

llagrok
Originally posted by Rewmac
I just got back to KMC after a while and there are still people who debate bullcrap?? Do you even know who Rune King Thor is? He doesn't have Mjolnir, he has the powers of the Runes...

He can have whatever he wants

shifty

Utrigita
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, then. I'm with Tad. RLT should take a majority against Galactus.

Yes lets do that, and no you are in no way a Tad because you have a different openion you argue for your openion and I argue for mine smile

Peace

Rewmac
He can have whatever he wants

shifty True. But he doesn't need it...

guy222

Again possible retcon because in the Tyrant incident we know that Galactus was trying to disassemble the UN but couldn't find the energy to do so, I smell more PIS in that first illustration then I do in the latest issues which clearly shows that Galactus has a high command over the UN.

Really since when Galactus has always been a merging between a Mortal and a Abstract, and is there a certain level of power one have to be consideret a Abstract, The

A Galactus that was so weak that he had to resort to tech, and in the same Act (if we are thinking on the same incident) then Thor had to channel such a level of the Odinforce against Galactus that he couldn't even hold Mjolner and then directed his attack against a Galactus that wasn't prepared wow great work.

Not denying the busted Galaxies but as mentioned the Consume universe part has been retconned, And Odin never damaged the multiverse in his battle with Seth, he destroyed death Galaxies that was located in the prime 616 universe and was tearing in the fabric of the multiverse, I can tear at the corner of a carpet thus I'm tearing in the fabric that makes up the carpet but that doesn't mean I'm tearing at the entire Carpet.

Impressive, Galactus defeated the Proimael Gods beings that rival the Celestials in power in theory.

No chance that Odin would defeat a single Celestial his greatest creation the Destroyer would get owned by a single Celestial. And I think in that act Odin attacked with all the strenght he could muster he along with his fellow styfathers was angry because of the celestials seeing themselves as having a course far beyond what concerned the Skyfathers and they where humbled.

Galactus ftw IMO. smile

Hey Good Buddy

Galactus defeated the Proemial Gods. One looks like a Watcher, the other a Celestial. When Lord Annihilus sundered the Kyln, Tenebrous and Aegis were freed and they got revenge on Galactus. Both equal in power to Galactus

None of us can say how they compare to the legendary Celestials smile

Utrigita
Hey Good Buddy

Galactus defeated the Proemial Gods. One looks like a Watcher, the other a Celestial. When Lord Annihilus sundered the Kyln, Tenebrous and Aegis were freed and they got revenge on Galactus. Both equal in power to Galactus

None of us can say how they compare to the legendary Celestials smile

Hey Good Friend big grin

We know more then they looked like a Watcher and A Celestial, We know that both Races where created by Eternity, hence I find it very likely that the Celestials is some sort of offspring from the Proimael God Brio.

They got revenge on a hungry Galactus friend that wasn't prepared for there attack stick out tongue

IMO they would Equal them, also we know that 616 Galactus is superior to all other versions of Galactus since he is the first among them, and a alternate version of Galactus slew three Celestials under his own power, Celestials that dropped the entire asgardien Race like Flies. big grin

guy222
Franklin Richards was Galactus in Earth X wink

The same Frankie Richards who equals a Celestial and is held in esteem by Ashema the Listener

Celestial Host humbled Odin/Destroyer

Thor used a Godblast against Galactus turned him away. That same Godblast augmented because Thor wore his Belt of Strength had no effect on Arishem

Utrigita
Franklin Richards was Galactus in Earth X wink

The same Frankie Richards who equals a Celestial and is held in esteem by Ashema the Listener

Celestial Host humbled Odin/Destroyer

Thor used a Godblast against Galactus turned him away. That same Godblast augmented because Thor wore his Belt of Strength had no effect on Arishem

It still doesn't change that fact that Galactus 616 > All others stick out tongue

He is held in great estime surely but powerful enough to on his own kill a Celestial hmmm, I'm not sure hence only his transformation in earth X gave him the powerboost to do so IMO.

They did that indeed.

A weak Galactus Guy a weak Galactus, lets make a durability check,

Exitar gets hammered by Thor and it makes a crack in Exitars armor

Galactus gets hammered by Beta Ray Bill and leaves a even smaller crack and in that act his hammer blows and his flight had destroyed planets he combines it and still a small crack stick out tongue

guy222
Galactus has rarely been portrayed as fully fed. Once in the original SW and in FF #337-341. So, being 'weak' is how everyone perceives him. Is that Marvel's fault. I think u and I can agree it is

Earth X Franklin as Galactus. Heroes Reborn, Frankie=1 Celestial. Writers tend to forget wats written

Exitar the Exterminator was briefly fazed, still carried his mission and destroyed the evil part of Pangoria and let the good live

Utrigita
Imo the closest we get is doom when the power of Galactus worldship in the secret wars. And you know that his levels of hunger is changing from story to story never sure when he is feed ore if he isn't...

And like Tenebrous once said, Marvel has choosed to honor one of there Great cosmic (celestials) and degenerate the other (Galactus)

And Galactus wasn't faced he just called Stardust in to deal with the flie stick out tongue

guy222
Again, its a shame we don't see Galactus at his best. Heroes have always driven him from his goal. Last showing, getting 'hurt' and 'fed' from Gravity. Marvel has truly sunk to an all time low

In regards to Tenebrous and Aegis, be nice to see them return

Ah Stardust, getting socked by Ben Grimm. More nonsense from Marvel, but Ben did k/o Norrin

Utrigita
Again, its a shame we don't see Galactus at his best. Heroes have always driven him from his goal. Last showing, getting 'hurt' and 'fed' from Gravity. Marvel has truly sunk to an all time low

In regards to Tenebrous and Aegis, be nice to see them return

Ah Stardust, getting socked by Ben Grimm. More nonsense from Marvel, but Ben did k/o Norrin

Weel he hadn't fed since he was realised from annihilation I think so the guy must have been pretty hungry stick out tongue

And Galactus should from this point onwards only have the same writer as in Annihilation which apparently understand what powerlevels he works under smile

And to see Galactus kick there ass this team and not sure.

What about BP being capable of knockout Surfer laughing

guy222
That was really a low showing for Norrin

Utrigita
The lowest I have seen so far

guy222
so true

llagrok
That was really a low showing for Norrin

Even the Surfer from Planet Hulk would probably have been able to break free.

guy222
Hudlin and Mcduffie set out to make T'Challa badass

Utrigita
But against Surfer .....

Thorion
Yes lets do that, and no you are in no way a Tad because you have a different openion you argue for your openion and I argue for mine smile

Peace

Eh? I meant I agreed with thtadthtshldntb. wink It's been nice debating with you, though. You brought up some very good points.

Utrigita
Eh? I meant I agreed with thtadthtshldntb. wink It's been nice debating with you, though. You brought up some very good points.

laughing OKay cool, my bad. It has been a pleasure.

thtadthtshldntb

A retcon has to be clear, like the LT/Beyonder thing was.

Also, you have to weight the events. The first appearance of Galactus is a storyline that comics after it are judged by, not the other way around. Galactus was awesome in his first appearance and their was no way that the FF was beating him on their own as per the storyline.

They do if they want my respect (and more of my dollars, I have dropped ASM as a result of OMD for example, and probably will drop both Avengers books for their destruction of the MU in general the way things are going).

But this is all out of topic.

For Galactus to be truly an Abstract entity, he would have to be based on a concept.

Galactus Prime (616 Galactus) is basically a giant planet eating prison cell. That's all he does.

Thor did not channel the Odinforce, he channeled his own Godforce (which is Elder god level, as shown several times over).

Also, what is more effective, shooting someone in the back of the head when they can't see you or standing in front them letting them see you start the attempt and have a chance to draw their own gun. There is a reason snipers are so effective.

The so-called retcon of the Infinity Saga event, means
either
1) Odin can draw upon the power of Infinity at will

or
2) Infinity (the abstract entity) is the actual source of the Odinpower

or

3) the two characters involved, Thor and Maelstrom, had no clue what they were talking about.

We have yet to see this primordial conflict of the "beings of the Cosmic Consonance". I have a thought that it may be a future Annihilation event, or be revealed in one.

You are confusing two sets of events.

I refer to the events of Thor #300.

Odin, in the Destroyer armor, with the Odinsword and all the godforce of the gods of Asgard besides Thor, in an environment where he could go all out, is going to beat probably 2 Celestials maybe even 3, but not 10-12 of them.

Galactus ftw IMO. smile

To each his own.

I would say it this way

up and until Galactus is like 65% or so, Odin wins, simply because Odin is far wiser and more savy that Galactus. The very fact that Thor can deliver a potentially mortal wound to Galactus, and Odin is thousands of times more powerful than classic Thor tells me this. After about 65% or so, Galactus becomes so powerful that he can literally overwhelm anything used against him, despite Galactus ineptitude.

Utrigita
A retcon has to be clear, like the LT/Beyonder thing was.

Also, you have to weight the events. The first appearance of Galactus is a storyline that comics after it are judged by, not the other way around. Galactus was awesome in his first appearance and their was no way that the FF was beating him on their own as per the storyline.

Hence calling for a Plot device the UN, It is exactly the same situation as shown in which the confrontation with Tyrant, Galactus suddenly forgot important fact about his creation, but he stated that he could have disassembled the UN if he hadn't been so weak. So we have two instance where Galactus states that he can control the UN against one where earth only chance of survival was the UN.

They do if they want my respect (and more of my dollars, I have dropped ASM as a result of OMD for example, and probably will drop both Avengers books for their destruction of the MU in general the way things are going).

But this is all out of topic.

yes.

For Galactus to be truly an Abstract entity, he would have to be based on a concept.

He is based on a Concept actually a combination between Death and Eternity, Infinity and Oblivion, he is the death that comes to all eventually.

Galactus Prime (616 Galactus) is basically a giant planet eating prison cell. That's all he does.

Not quiet in during that, he forfilles his role to the letter, giving death more power (killing) and giving Eternity more power (Making more space)

Thor did not channel the Odinforce, he channeled his own Godforce (which is Elder god level, as shown several times over).

I thought that the God Blast was a aspect of the Odin Force hence Odins reasons for in one issue being capable of manipulating it ore something like that.

Also, what is more effective, shooting someone in the back of the head when they can't see you or standing in front them letting them see you start the attempt and have a chance to draw their own gun. There is a reason snipers are so effective.

The First but that is what we on this forum tend to call a cheap shoot. And you are forgetting the exact effect the God Blast had on Galactus it didn't directly hurt him, instead it was drawing out his Biosphere energy, his very foundation for Survival, Impressive but directly damage him, I don't see it do that also the way I see the asgardiens. In the early days of Marvel Comics, the gods of Asgard were the most powerful beings in the Universe, but as time, writers, and storylines progressed, the power of the cosmic beings of the Marvel Universe began to eclipse that of Odin and his children. This is why Thor's attacks early on in Thor #160-#161 hurt Galactus, when today the World Devourer would simply ignore them.

The so-called retcon of the Infinity Saga event, means
either
1) Odin can draw upon the power of Infinity at will

How did you reach that conclusion since it said that he gained fraction of her power, (borrow Stole etc) that doesn't mean that he can draw apon it at will.

or
2) Infinity (the abstract entity) is the actual source of the Odinpower

Likely even though I don't quiet see how that helps RLT...

or

3) the two characters involved, Thor and Maelstrom, had no clue what they were talking about.

I think Thor which helped his father to defeat Infinity would have a pretty good idea what he is talking about.

We have yet to see this primordial conflict of the "beings of the Cosmic Consonance". I have a thought that it may be a future Annihilation event, or be revealed in one.

We doesn't really have to since we know that Galactus defeated every single one of them that was fighting with Diableri.

You are confusing two sets of events.

I refer to the events of Thor #300.

Odin, in the Destroyer armor, with the Odinsword and all the godforce of the gods of Asgard besides Thor, in an environment where he could go all out, is going to beat probably 2 Celestials maybe even 3, but not 10-12 of them.

No not really when three Skyfathers fail to even to remotely damage to a Celestial with all there power, (I don't see them holding back), and we then have the Destroyer with all the power still getting owned, it didn't manage to leave a lasting mark on a single Celestial, it was pwned and left like a piece of scrab, and no battlefield would change that.

To each his own.

Agreed.

I would say it this way

up and until Galactus is like 65% or so, Odin wins, simply because Odin is far wiser and more savy that Galactus. The very fact that Thor can deliver a potentially mortal wound to Galactus, and Odin is thousands of times more powerful than classic Thor tells me this. After about 65% or so, Galactus becomes so powerful that he can literally overwhelm anything used against him, despite Galactus ineptitude.

I'm just counting what have happend and have been shown in the comics so far and that tells me that Galactus weak would take the majority against Odin.

Utrigita
This thread is just like a Odin vs Galactus none will be convinced that the other takes it...

So shall we all agreed to disagree stick out tongue

llagrok

How stupid can you get?

thtadthtshldntb
Hence calling for a Plot device the UN, It is exactly the same situation as shown in which the confrontation with Tyrant, Galactus suddenly forgot important fact about his creation, but he stated that he could have disassembled the UN if he hadn't been so weak. So we have two instance where Galactus states that he can control the UN against one where earth only chance of survival was the UN.

The instance where Galactus fled needs to be addressed for this to be a proper retcon. Otherwise we have one of the top ten most signature story arcs in Marvel history, versus two semi-contradictory (to each other) events from lesser arcs.

He is based on a Concept actually a combination between Death and Eternity, Infinity and Oblivion, he is the death that comes to all eventually.

That's not a concept, except philosophically, the same way that every thought is a concept.

Not quiet in during that, he forfilles his role to the letter, giving death more power (killing) and giving Eternity more power (Making more space)

You can't make more space. All the space that ever was was created at the moment of creation of any self contained continuity, whether real or fictional. As the real or fictional universes expand, space-time is just stretched out.

I thought that the God Blast was a aspect of the Odin Force hence Odins reasons for in one issue being capable of manipulating it ore something like that.

Godforce is the lifeforce of all gods (presumably throughout the MU but in the Thor annual where Atum was introduced it was explained in Earth specific terms).

The Godforce blast is when Thor (or presumably any other deity capable of wielding Mjollnir) channels his godforce through Mjollnir. Presumably this amps it or focuses it.

The First but that is what we on this forum tend to call a cheap shoot. And you are forgetting the exact effect the God Blast had on Galactus it didn't directly hurt him, instead it was drawing out his Biosphere energy, his very foundation for Survival, Impressive but directly damage him,

I am not talking about the style of combat, honorable or whatever. I am simply referring to the power of the attack. Presumably, at the time Galactus was shielding against Ego's attacks. For the Godforce blast to hurt him that way suggests that shielding against it, if Thor charges it enough, requires much more effort than shielding against Ego's attacks.

I don't see it do that also the way I see the asgardiens. In the early days of Marvel Comics, the gods of Asgard were the most powerful beings in the Universe, but as time, writers, and storylines progressed, the power of the cosmic beings of the Marvel Universe began to eclipse that of Odin and his children. This is why Thor's attacks early on in Thor #160-#161 hurt Galactus, when today the World Devourer would simply ignore them.

The feats still stand, and Odin's final battle with Seth, occurred in continuity probably about 5 years ago. RLT is more powerful than that.

How did you reach that conclusion since it said that he gained fraction of her power, (borrow Stole etc) that doesn't mean that he can draw apon it at will.

This is one of the possible conclusions, its not the one I agree with.

Likely even though I don't quiet see how that helps RLT...

I think this is the most likely answer given how powerful we have seen Odin act at times. But there is not enough evidence to fully support this.

Originally posted by Utrigita I think Thor which helped his father to defeat Infinity would have a pretty good idea what he is talking about.

Odin has mindwiped Thor at least 2-3 times to my conscious recollection, so much so, that it eventually drove Thor insane (remember Blood and Thunder).

We doesn't really have to since we know that Galactus defeated every single one of them that was fighting with Diableri.

What is the scale of reference for these events? Yeah, they were awesomely powerful, but where is the indicator that they were so off the scale in terms of power level.

No not really when three Skyfathers fail to even to remotely damage to a Celestial with all there power, (I don't see them holding back), and we then have the Destroyer with all the power still getting owned, it didn't manage to leave a lasting mark on a single Celestial, it was pwned and left like a piece of scrab, and no battlefield would change that.

Odin was not all out for either of those events. We know all out Odin blows galaxies up and damages (to whatever degree one wants to argue) the multiverse. Earth was not even harmed much by the events of Thor 300.

I'm just counting what have happend and have been shown in the comics so far and that tells me that Galactus weak would take the majority against Odin.

As I said, to each his own.

I have read a lot of comic books. Galactus' feats are in many respects less than Odins.

Or let me put it another way.

Swap 50% power Galactus for Odin in Thor 300. Tell Galactus he is not allowed to damage the planet or the galaxy in any way (as Odin did not do that either). Do you seriously think Galactus is beating those Celestials? Galactus get's owned there, as Odin did.

Utrigita
The instance where Galactus fled needs to be addressed for this to be a proper retcon. Otherwise we have one of the top ten most signature story arcs in Marvel history, versus two semi-contradictory (to each other) events from lesser arcs.

So we are going to just take the first apperance and accept that on what basis??? because we have I think three Incidents that shows that Galactus is the one with the greatest level of Control over the UN and somehow it always ends up back with him, It is as much a part of him as his own heart (that he technically wouldn't have).

That's not a concept, except philosophically, the same way that every thought is a concept.

And neither is the fact that Eternity and Death accept him as a equel duo to his status a sign of him being a abstract neither the fact that he shows differently

You can't make more space. All the space that ever was was created at the moment of creation of any self contained continuity, whether real or fictional. As the real or fictional universes expand, space-time is just stretched out.

Well that was the way it was described, by Destroying the planet there would be more "space" for eternity.

Godforce is the lifeforce of all gods (presumably throughout the MU but in the Thor annual where Atum was introduced it was explained in Earth specific terms).

Okay I have always thought that it was linked to the odinforce.

The Godforce blast is when Thor (or presumably any other deity capable of wielding Mjollnir) channels his godforce through Mjollnir. Presumably this amps it or focuses it.

Perhaps, but he still had to channel Mjollnir to such levels that he couldn't hold it himself.

I am not talking about the style of combat, honorable or whatever. I am simply referring to the power of the attack. Presumably, at the time Galactus was shielding against Ego's attacks. For the Godforce blast to hurt him that way suggests that shielding against it, if Thor charges it enough, requires much more effort than shielding against Ego's attacks.

I never saw anything that in any way could suggest that Galactus used a shield in that battle also what levels of power do you think Galactus was operating under at that point of time hungry, ore very hungry??? I'm leaning towards very Hungry it has been some time since I last saw Galactus use his tech in a battle. And lets not forget that Galactus would have killed Thor in that act if it hadn't been for Ego.

The feats still stand, and Odin's final battle with Seth, occurred in continuity probably about 5 years ago. RLT is more powerful than that.

It does but certainly not in the same way. All I can say is Galactus vs Agamotto a battle that wasn't taken serious by either, and yet they wreaked hawok around alternates dimensions I haven't seen a battle between Odin and a foe that when it isn't serious make that kind of damage erm

This is one of the possible conclusions, its not the one I agree with.

Each is entitled to his openion.

I think this is the most likely answer given how powerful we have seen Odin act at times. But there is not enough evidence to fully support this.

I Think it has more to do with the Odin Sleep and how long time it has been since he last had it, but it could possibly be that the Odin Sleep is used to recharge the shard from Infinity but I don't know.

Odin has mindwiped Thor at least 2-3 times to my conscious recollection, so much so, that it eventually drove Thor insane (remember Blood and Thunder).

And he would mindwip the knowlegde of near universal destruction coursed by a shard of infinity that Odin gained through unknown means I see no reason for that.

What is the scale of reference for these events? Yeah, they were awesomely powerful, but where is the indicator that they were so off the scale in terms of power level.

I don't quiet understand you question, are you asking for the reason why it's a feat for Galactus to defeat every single one, where the weakest was the forfather of the Watchers???

Odin was not all out for either of those events. We know all out Odin blows galaxies up and damages (to whatever degree one wants to argue) the multiverse. Earth was not even harmed much by the events of Thor 300.

We know that Odin when he is fighting can destroy lots, but how much have Odin actually destroyed under his own power (not battlewise)??? and you think that it was for Fun that the disintegration beam didn't work, that the Odin-Sword was melted with a gesture from Arishem, and that a blow that could have destroyed a Planet didn't even faze the Celestial???

As I said, to each his own.

It's just a debate.

I have read a lot of comic books. Galactus' feats are in many respects less than Odins.

Please mention someone, someone that haven't been retconned.

Or let me put it another way.

Swap 50% power Galactus for Odin in Thor 300. Tell Galactus he is not allowed to damage the planet or the galaxy in any way (as Odin did not do that either). Do you seriously think Galactus is beating those Celestials? Galactus get's owned there, as Odin did.

But You can be sure that Galactus would put at least three down how many did the Destroyer put down, thats right zero. And Galactus chances are a lot better then Odins, he can draw there Hyperspace energy out of them, draw from a higher plan of Hyperspace then Sue did against Exitar, There are more ways for Galactus to win against the Celestials then there will ever be for Odin, Time and Place is irrelevant he will get owned.

starlock
Good debate thumb up

The Great Galen
So we all agree, Galacuts wins in a stomp 100/10.

Utrigita
btw just found the word for what concept Galactus represent it is equity.

Larceny
So we all agree, Galacuts wins in a stomp 100/10.

Nope

The Great Galen
Galactus is a powerful abstract, Thor is only slightly more powerful then Odin. G can erase the odinforce, 100/10

guy222
Galactus is powerful

Utrigita
Nope

Not in a stomp no I doesn't think so either, Galactus weakness has always been magic though he have shown varying degrees of resistance to it but also shown himself to be very vulnerable to it, IMO it isn't a stomp in Galactus favor, but I'm sure that Galactus wins.

llagrok
I doesn't .

smile

I think Galactus wins as well.

Utrigita
cool

Larceny
Galactus 7-8/10

Utrigita
Galactus 7-8/10

Something along that line yes.

May I ask what made you change you mind???

Larceny
Something along that line yes.

May I ask what made you change you mind???

The level Galactus is operating on.

I believe someone changed it from moderately.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>