Hercules & Ares VS. Hawkman & Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Marvel Hercules with battle mace and bow & arrows
Marvel Ares with Battle Axe and 2 swords

Vs.

Hawkman with mace and standard equip. (no Claw of Horus)
Aquaman (Arthur Curry) with magical hand and trident

Battle takes place on the entire, deserted Greek island of Crete...

It's a battle to the death decreed by the gods themselves....

CaptainStoic
I'm leaning toward Herc and Ares.

King_Mungi
Hawkman for years in his standard equipment had a gun that literally could shut a persons mind off with a single blast :/

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Hawkman for years in his standard equipment had a gun that literally could shut a persons mind off with a single blast :/

While I'll admit I'm not the world's biggest Hawkman fan, I've never heard of this gun. As far as I've ever known, he's only had the Thangarian mace and shield, and a sword and axe...and of course, the Claw of Horus; but I've never heard of this gun...

Just for the record, Hawkman DOES NOT have this gun in this battle...just his mace, shield, sword, and axe...NOT the gun or the Claw....

Could you tell me a little about this particular gun? Where it came from, who he's used it on, if he still has it, if not, what happened to it...etc....???

King_Mungi
It came from Thanagar and he used it on Elongated Man and Aquaman and both times one shot it knocked them out cold. He also has another gun that instantly melts metal, but it doesn't have an unlimited supply and has to charge after abit

nvrbeenwthagirl
Herc and Ares. This really just comes down to Herc Being Too much for the Duo. Ares is a good concept screwed beyond belief.

Comicbook_kid
It came from Thanagar and he used it on Elongated Man and Aquaman and both times one shut it knocked them out cold. He also has another gun that instantly melts metal, but it doesn't have an unlimited supply and has to charge after abit

Thank you...very cool. Learn something new every day I guess, eh...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Herc and Ares. This really just comes down to Herc Being Too much for the Duo. Ares is a good concept screwed beyond belief.

Then the question arises, how is Hercules going to catch Hawkman? Hawkman has taken and beaten speedsters before

If you want to be really cheap Hawkman creates wind gusts removing the air in the area shifty

nvrbeenwthagirl
Then the question arises, how is Hercules going to catch Hawkman? Hawkman has taken and beaten speedsters before

If you want to be really cheap Hawkman creates wind gusts removing the air in the area shifty

Herc just throws his mace and splits Hawkman's wig.

Priest
Would Aqua Man be able to mess with their minds?

HueyFreeman

If you want to be really cheap Hawkman creates wind gusts removing the air in the area shifty He puts bird seed on the ground, Hawkman come down for it and then Herc hits him with his mace.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Herc just throws his mace and splits Hawkman's wig.

So Herc is faster then Flash? Ooooooh ok

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
He puts bird seed on the ground, Hawkman come down for it and then Herc hits him with his mace.

Or Hawkman summons thousands of birds to eat it and pester the duo..and yes he can do that wink

HueyFreeman
So Herc is faster then Flash? Ooooooh ok

Or Hawkman summons thousands of birds to eat it and pester the duo..and yes he can do that wink This birdseed is dangerous.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
This birdseed is dangerous.

It's a good thing he can spare some then wink

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/Hawkman_02-28.jpg

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hawkmanv20209.jpg
2. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hawkmanv20210.jpg

Mr. Slippyfist
It's a good thing he can spare some then wink

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/Hawkman_02-28.jpg

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hawkmanv20209.jpg
2. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hawkmanv20210.jpg Gheyest power ever... no expression

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Gheyest power ever... no expression

Yep

King_Mungi
It's a effective ghey power though shifty

OnslaughtKILLS
Ares and Hercules not only have the manpower to defeat the two formidable opponents, but they have thousands of years of fighting experience. Ares who may not be AS strong as Hercules is the God of War, mastering almost every weapon on Earth and able to formulate plans on his feet. Hercules is incredibly strong fighting some of the strongest power houses Marvel has to offer.

Inhuman
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
Ares and Hercules not only have the manpower to defeat the two formidable opponents, but they have thousands of years of fighting experience. Ares who may not be AS strong as Hercules is the God of War, mastering almost every weapon on Earth and able to formulate plans on his feet. Hercules is incredibly strong fighting some of the strongest power houses Marvel has to offer.

How can Herc or Ares stop these 2 plus an army of thousands of birds and a similar army of thousands of sea life ?

King_Mungi

Hawkman has 4000 years of fighting experience and no I'm not joking.

We have seen Hawkman hurt Wonder Woman with his punches and with his mace hurt Martian Manhunter, and even Despero. So I definetly can see some bloody noses for the greeks wink

Skywalker-Kong
team 2

Newjak
Hawkman has 4000 years of fighting experience and no I'm not joking.

We have seen Hawkman hurt Wonder Woman with his punches and with his mace hurt Martian Manhunter, and even Despero. So I definetly can see some bloody noses for the greeks wink Yeah and Herc has taken some good shots as well from the likes of Thor's Hammer.

I mean honestly if dive enough to Hawkman's well yes he has good feats but Herc just flat outclasses the other team in strength and durability combined.

And he isn't some rookie fighter. A well written Herc could possibly one-shot each of them.

Of course the big thing is that he will have a hard time catching Hawkman because of his flight.

I think Ares beats Aquaman.

Anyways this fight comes down to if Herc can outlast Hawkman long enough to get a hold of him.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah and Herc has taken some good shots as well from the likes of Thor's Hammer.

I mean honestly if dive enough to Hawkman's well yes he has good feats but Herc just flat outclasses the other team in strength and durability combined.

And he isn't some rookie fighter. A well written Herc could possibly one-shot each of them.

Of course the big thing is that he will have a hard time catching Hawkman because of his flight.

Anyways this fight comes down to if Herc can outlast Hawkman long enough to get a hold of him.

Well yes Herc is stronger, but Hawkman also has a healing factor so keeping him down is tough. He could always put a peice of nth metal on him and let him fly into space.

If Black Adam, Superman, Martian Manhunter can't one-shot Hawkman why would Herc?

and vast vast speed advantage

Hawkman can see Flash vibrating so fast it made him invisible to everyone else...except for Hawkman. SO catching him is going to be hard.

Newjak
Well yes Herc is stronger, but Hawkman also has a healing factor so keeping him down is tough. He could always put a peice of nth metal on him and let him fly into space.

If Black Adam, Superman, Martian Manhunter can't one-shot Hawkman why would Herc?

and vast vast speed advantage

Hawkman can see Flash vibrating so fast it made him invisible to everyone else...except for Hawkman. SO catching him is going to be hard. I'm just talking about straight up combat without taking BFR or telepathy into play.

Ok so he may not on shot-Hawkman but he can physically abuse him.

And I would like to point out that this is the same Hawkman that gets out reacted by Deathstroke stick out tongue

That and it isn't like the guy flies faster than the speed of light.

In fact he flies what Ironman range. Nothing Herc hasn't dealt with before.

The question becomes can he put Herc down before Herc gets the chance to get a hold of him and handle him.

King_Mungi
I'm just talking about straight up combat without taking BFR or telepathy into play.

Ok so he may not on shot-Hawkman but he can physically abuse him.

And I would like to point out that this is the same Hawkman that gets out reacted by Deathstroke stick out tongue

That and it isn't like the guy flies faster than the speed of light.

In fact he flies what Ironman range. Nothing Herc hasn't dealt with before.

The question becomes can he put Herc down before Herc gets the chance to get a hold of him and handle him.

Gotcha

Yeah...if he can catch him wink

Deatstroke had faster reflexes then the Flash and beat a Green Lantern in the same issue. No scratch of his back. Also removing his wings doesn't do anything he can still fly without them so that was kinda funny.

He actually has gone lightspeed while toying a spaceship...and I'm not kidding. Wonders of the Silver Age of comics

*Shrugs* Current Hawkman not to sure what his top speed, but he can dodge a laser maze thought to be impossible to do

Indeed, but with the likes of his birds, fishes and telepathy I like the DC'S teams chances.

Newjak
Gotcha

Yeah...if he can catch him wink

Deatstroke had faster reflexes then the Flash and beat a Green Lantern in the same issue. No scratch of his back. Also removing his wings doesn't do anything he can still fly without them so that was kinda funny.

He actually has gone lightspeed while toying a spaceship...and I'm not kidding. Wonders of the Silver Age of comics

*Shrugs* Current Hawkman not to sure what his top speed, but he can dodge a laser maze thought to be impossible to do

Indeed, but with the likes of his birds, fishes and telepathy I like the DC'S teams chances. I know but still a bad showing for him.

And I hate to say it but the Birds and Fishes may as well not even be there. They honestly are not gonna do anything to Herc.

I wonder what would happen if Herc hit Hawkman with a Thunderclap.

King_Mungi
I know but still a bad showing for him.

And I hate to say it but the Birds and Fishes may as well not even be there. They honestly are not gonna do anything to Herc.

I wonder what would happen if Herc hit Hawkman with a Thunderclap.

Seemed to distracted Superman shifty

Not much as he has been in a tornado before and was fine..actually he was pissed off getting out of it.

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by Inhuman
How can Herc or Ares stop these 2 plus an army of thousands of birds and a similar army of thousands of sea life ?

First off, I don't recall Hawkman recently using that power but if he was, I don't see how birds could harm them. I would assume the birds would hurt themselves in the attempt to harm them.

And I assumed this battle was on land.

Newjak
Seemed to distracted Superman shifty

Not much as he has been in a tornado before and was fine..actually he was pissed off getting out of it. Herc Thunderclap>a Tornado.

Plus I was thinking more along the lines of Hawkman's sense's and equilibrium getting messed up.

And Superman only gets distracted because he cares. Herc would want to eat them.

King_Mungi
First off, I don't recall Hawkman recently using that power but if he was, I don't see how birds could harm them. I would assume the birds would hurt themselves in the attempt to harm them.

He just used it just recently in JLA Classified #48 summoning alien birds to help him

1. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/MachineMan616/JLAClassified48005.jpg

They put themselves in harms way for Hawkman before *shrugs*

Herc Thunderclap>a Tornado.

Plus I was thinking more along the lines of Hawkman's sense's and equilibrium getting messed up.

And Superman only gets distracted because he cares. Herc would want to eat them.

Like I said he wasn't bothered, more annoyed.

He has taken quite a beaten throughout his carrer, and a simple thunderclap I don't think would really mess him up at all.

It actually was a Max Lord mind-controlled SUperman shifty

Newjak
He just used it just recently in JLA Classified #48 summoning alien birds to help him

1. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/MachineMan616/JLAClassified48005.jpg

They put themselves in harms way for Hawkman before *shrugs*

Like I said he wasn't bothered, more annoyed.

He has taken quite a beaten throughout his carrer, and a simple thunderclap I don't think would really mess him up at all.

It actually was a Max Lord mind-controlled SUperman shifty I know he has taken a beating but I was more less thinking of it distracting him, stopping him to give Herc enough time to get him.

And there you have it anytime Superman becomes mind controlled he becomes weaker because he no longer is operating under his own willpower stick out tongue

Inhuman
And I assumed this battle was on land.

AM could just carry some deadly star fish, and other poisonous sea life in his aqua pack and throw them like shurikens.

King_Mungi
I know he has taken a beating but I was more less thinking of it distracting him, stopping him to give Herc enough time to get him.

And there you have it anytime Superman becomes mind controlled he becomes weaker because he no longer is operating under his own willpower stick out tongue

Maybe, but not to sure how effective it would be with that nth metal. Like I mentioned early he could create wind gusts and remove the air in the area. wink

*Ssshhh*...you will ruin my arguement wink

Newjak
Maybe, but not to sure how effective it would be with that nth metal. Like I mentioned early he could create wind gusts and remove the air in the area. wink

*Ssshhh*...you will ruin my arguement wink And Hercules could you know not breath because he is immortal. stick out tongue

King_Mungi
And Hercules could you know not breath because he is immortal. stick out tongue

Sure didn't seem like that when he was trapped under the water with Namora just recently shifty

Newjak
Sure didn't seem like that when he was trapped under the water with Namora just recently shifty He just wanted some loving stick out tongue

snoopdogg
I have seen Herc. wear a beathing unit a few times in water.

King_Mungi
He just wanted some loving stick out tongue

She tasted like lake trout

Originally posted by snoopdogg
I have seen Herc. wear a beathing unit a few times in water.

Yep, such as in Atlantis Attacks when he teams up with those damn dirty Canadians ie. Alpha Flight...*cough*

Mr. Slippyfist
"On a wing and a prayer Carter... A wing and a prayer."

shifty

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
"On a wing and a prayer Carter... A wing and a prayer."

shifty

It's a feat to still even be alive facing him smile

Comicbook_kid
She tasted like lake trout

laughing laughing laughing

BentonGrey
Wow, this is an old one, but I completely missed it, and I really wanted to weigh in. I hope you'll forgive me for something of a necro post, but it occured to me that people were seriously overlooking something in this thread...and I simply found the thread itself engaging.

The original stipulation was Aquaman WITH the Trident. Now, seeing as my knowledge of Hercules and Ares is from the original Avengers comics in the 60s and 70s, I can't speak to their modern power levels, but going by what I know, Aquaman would be able to go a few rounds with Herc. He'd lose, but it would be a pretty good fight. As far as Ares....well, it would be closer, but he would still probably lose. The problem is, as I observed a moment ago, Aquaman has his trident. That is INCREDIBLY powerful, and with it in hand, Arthur becomes near Superman level in damage potential. (Take a look at Our World's at War where he defeats an Imperiax probe single handed) He's already faster than his two opponents, and now he possesses the ability to do significant damage.

severance
Originally posted by BentonGrey
Wow, this is an old one, but I completely missed it, and I really wanted to weigh in. I hope you'll forgive me for something of a necro post, but it occured to me that people were seriously overlooking something in this thread...and I simply found the thread itself engaging.

The original stipulation was Aquaman WITH the Trident. Now, seeing as my knowledge of Hercules and Ares is from the original Avengers comics in the 60s and 70s, I can't speak to their modern power levels, but going by what I know, Aquaman would be able to go a few rounds with Herc. He'd lose, but it would be a pretty good fight. As far as Ares....well, it would be closer, but he would still probably lose. The problem is, as I observed a moment ago, Aquaman has his trident. That is INCREDIBLY powerful, and with it in hand, Arthur becomes near Superman level in damage potential. (Take a look at Our World's at War where he defeats an Imperiax probe single handed) He's already faster than his two opponents, and now he possesses the ability to do significant damage.

Aqua man loses if he goes h2h. Hercules has incalculable strength and amazing h2h skills, plus a rarely used mace of adamant (indestructable). Not usre how the gods could take down hawkman if he is just gonna flap around out of range (unless herc wants to ressurect his bow and arrow). But if this is a fight hawkman has to engage the gods you can't win by cowardice. If he closes in he is likely to get tagged by one of the gods (eventually)

King_Mungi
Hawkman can dodge laser beams and bullets from point blank, arrows arn't even going to catch him. Plus his blows have hurt Wonder Woman, Despro, Martian Manhunter, etc. so it's not like he would be useless. Especially since he is more experienced then even Hercules.

I definetly can see Hawkman defeating Ares with no trouble, but with just his mace he isn't going to beat Hercules unless he has access to all his weapons.

Newjak
Hawkman can dodge laser beams and bullets from point blank, arrows arn't even going to catch him. Plus his blows have hurt Wonder Woman, Despro, Martian Manhunter, etc. so it's not like he would be useless. Especially since he is more experienced then even Hercules.

I definetly can see Hawkman defeating Ares with no trouble, but with just his mace he isn't going to beat Hercules unless he has access to all his weapons. Ares tagged Hermes you know the Olympian God of Speed as well with a nail gun no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And even though Hawkman can tag speedsters he is not particularly as fast as them nor compared to Hermes.

Hercules Knocks Aquaman out of orbit while Ares keeps Hawkman down until Herc comes over and cleans his clock. stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Ares tagged Hermes you know the Olympian God of Speed as well with a nail gun no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And even though Hawkman can tag speedsters he is not particularly as fast as them nor compared to Hermes.

Hercules Knocks Aquaman out of orbit while Ares keeps Hawkman down until Herc comes over and cleans his clock. stick out tongue

and Hawkman has tagged and beat Flash level beings, meh!

He has shown to go lightspeed in space actually and while towing a spaceship no less.

Or Aquaman uses his telepathy to shut Hercules down and he has the trident here which destroyed an Imperix Probe

BentonGrey
Ares tagged Hermes you know the Olympian God of Speed as well with a nail gun no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, well, that most have happened fairly recently, as I've got no knowledge of these guys for the last several years.

Still, I think Severance misunderstood me. Aquaman CAN go hand to hand with his trident (and I imagine it would probably even the odds against Herc a good bit), but the key is that he doesn't have to. He's much faster than Herc, and able to fire magical energy blasts from the trident that can hurt characters a good deal more powerful than the aforementioned Prince of Power. So, he'd be able to stay out of reach and blast away until Herc wished he was back in the Avengers mansion getting beaten by the Wrecking Crew. I'm pretty sure that if Hawkman couldn't beat Ares straight out (which, maybe is a bit of a stretch) he could certainly keep him busy until Arthur drops Herc.

As a matter of fact:

http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/6018/aquamanvsolympian029wg.jpg
http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/6635/aquamanvsolympian034mk.jpg

Meet Olympian, a fellow who is PROBABLY not that far off from Hercules' level. Aquaman uses the trident to put him down HARD, only moments after the Greek ex-hero had trounced the Martian Manhunter. I'd say that proves the trident's effectiveness against invulnerability.

Newjak
and Hawkman has tagged and beat Flash level beings, meh!

He has shown to go lightspeed in space actually and while towing a spaceship no less.

Or Aquaman uses his telepathy to shut Hercules down and he has the trident here which destroyed an Imperix Probe I'm just trying to point that because he has beaten Flash level beings in speed doesn't make him immune to being tagged or shall I invoke Deathstroke where Deathstroke beat him to the punch 313

But the point remains Ares has tagged someone who is very fast in Hermes using only a nail gun. Hawkman is quite that fast stick out tongue

King_Mungi
I'm just trying to point that because he has beaten Flash level beings in speed doesn't make him immune to being tagged or shall I invoke Deathstroke where Deathstroke beat him to the punch 313

But the point remains Ares has tagged someone who is very fast in Hermes using only a nail gun. Hawkman is quite that fast stick out tongue

Meh! in that story he beat Hawkman removing his wings, as shown even if you remove his wins he can still fly and DS beat the entire JLA in all PIS filled ways. Also as per feats he is not unhittable, but very hard to do, especially as shown with his "Flash" vision

Now what feats does Hermes have?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.