Doomsday Rex VS. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Ok...we got Doomsday Rex vs. The Sentry....

Could the man with the "power of a million exploding stars" do any better against the ultimate weapon called Doomsday than the Man of Steel did? This is both giving it their all and out for blood.....it's kill or be killed and the battle takes place in the deserted streets of Metropolis............

Let's get it on..............

tkitna
Sentry

Mr. Slippyfist
Rex killed Superman. smile

Before he was ultimately stomped... but he still did it. smile

guy222
sentry

King Kandy
Doomsday Rex was shit, Sentry can easily beat him.

Mr. Slippyfist
Rex killed Superman... please?

Superman came back with a power boost it seemed (from my memory, but if I read it recently, I'd be able to tell you) and stomped him. Killing regular Superman, or even beating him near death is a feat Sentry isn't touching. Sent-dog gets his ass handed to him on a golden platter (I'm so clever).

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

Superman came back with a power boost it seemed (from my memory, but if I read it recently, I'd be able to tell you) and stomped him. Killing regular Superman, or even beating him near death is a feat Sentry isn't touching. Sent-dog gets his ass handed to him on a golden platter (I'm so clever).

confused You are...? Hmmmmmh...

SETRY FTR

7/10

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused You are...? Hmmmmmh...

SETRY FTR

7/10 More than you'll ever conceive (two meanings, and they both are applicable smile).

Estacado
DD.

Avlon
Doomsday wins.

Inhuman
Probably DD

Galvaclaw
Ms Marvel absorbed the energy of a nuclear warhead and had enough power to drop Sentry with a single blow. So Doomsday takes it. He was powerful enough to down the Martian Manhunter after all.

TricksterPriest

We give DD Rex flak and call him the 2nd weakest of the incarnations, but that's mainly because H/P DD and Gog Wars DD were so uber. Plus, Sentry can't beat DD the way Supes did. He doesn't know how to psychologically unbalance him, and he's sure as hell not fast enough or strong enough to overwhelm him the way Superman did. whistle

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
We give DD Rex flak and call him the 2nd weakest of the incarnations, but that's mainly because H/P DD and Gog Wars DD were so uber. Plus, Sentry can't beat DD the way Supes did. He doesn't know how to psychologically unbalance him, and he's sure as hell not fast enough or strong enough to overwhelm him the way Superman did. whistle For once I agree with your Sentry hate... plus, that and, I'm pretty sure Superman got a powerup from the energy that brought him back to life... or terrible writing.

Estacado
I think it was written by Loeb.

Barney
Sentry is nothing compared to DD. He killed Superman...again.

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
We give DD Rex flak and call him the 2nd weakest of the incarnations, but that's mainly because H/P DD and Gog Wars DD were so uber. Plus, Sentry can't beat DD the way Supes did. He doesn't know how to psychologically unbalance him, and he's sure as hell not fast enough or strong enough to overwhelm him the way Superman did. whistle
Are you kidding? Sentry is far scarier to be around then Superman, he's a complete psycho.

iceman24567
Originally posted by King Kandy
Are you kidding? Sentry is far scarier to be around then Superman, he's a complete psycho. Sure sure but he isn't as powerful as Superman Doomsday stomps The Sentry out.

Entity
Sentry

redhotrash
Outside of the PIS they used to push Sentry as this mega-hero when he came on to the scene, who exactly has he beaten on panel? Doomsday should be able to take him 9/10 times. Assuming Sentry even shows up for the fight..

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Entity
Sentry You're just mad because Superman>Kyle... shifty

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by redhotrash
Outside of the PIS they used to push Sentry as this mega-hero when he came on to the scene, who exactly has he beaten on panel? Doomsday should be able to take him 9/10 times. Assuming Sentry even shows up for the fight.. He curbstomped Terrax, a herald of Galactus. I mean, if there was ever any fight that anybody could legitimately call a curbstomp, it was Sentry vs. Terrax. And well, a lot of people who continue to ignore Terrax's own formidable powers will say that Terrax jobs all the time. Yes, well... first off, show me how many times Terrax has jobbed in utter defeat. I'm sure people will point to Captain America judo throwing him, but Batman has done just as bad to Superman-level foes... so show me where Terrax has jobbed so terribly to throw Sentry's feat into such absurd speculation.

And, since I haven't read every comic in existence and might possibly be proved wrong that terrax is a complete jobber, explain to me how Sentry also stalemated Photon in Thunderbolts...

Context helps people. And this context is consistent as heck as showing Sentry to be the powerhouse that all the Marvel fanboys wish him to be.

Entity
You're just mad because Superman>Kyle... shifty laughing your funny
hysterical

redhotrash
Terrax was fed to Sentry to feed his hype machine, thats all.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by redhotrash
Terrax was fed to Sentry to feed his hype machine, thats all. Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I am VERY skeptical of ridiculous high-end feats of characters myself. And I'm not afraid to admit that I am very critical of Superman, Green Lantern and Thanos feats... but bottom-line is... what of Sentry's history leads you to believe that the feat isn't legitimate as presented?

Because after that feat, Sentry was stalemating Photon, overloading Absorbing Man (which Quasar couldn't even do), kicking the crap out of the Collective and taking all the punishment of World War Hulk in an almost casual way. And let's not forget what the Void has done as well: planet-wide telepathy feats, team-busting feats that are easily on par with Doomsday, etc.

Out of pure boredom and for a No-Prize, I'll point at a low-end feat that a lot of people love to focus on. A lot of people like to point at Sentry's apparent inability to lift the SHIELD helicarrier w/o Ms. Marvel's and Wonderman's help. But I think a good portion of the comics community recognizes that Marvel comics don't usually, if ever, subscribe to the tactile kinesis theory that Superman apparently employs with regularity. Think of Infinite Crisis #3 where he holds up half an office building, using the office building's glass windows as grips. I mean, come on! Outside of a comics theory like tactile kinesis, no way do glass windows support half an office building. Any child can tell you that while Superman has the strength to lift half an office building, no way does a single window glass pane support that same weight..

So think about this and put that into context with Mighty Avengers. Think about comic physics minus tactile kinesis and imagine a stationary object in the air like Sentry fully bracing against a falling helicarrier. The Sentry would simply leave a Sentry-shaped hole in the helicarrier as he tore through it since the helicarrier's outer shell ain't made of adamantium and would most likely not be supported by such a small point of contact with no leverage.

Sentry was most likely concentrating on calculating how much power he required to not simply punch through the outer hull while slowing its descent. And the apparent strain is very easily reconciliable with Sentry's apparent inability and utter phobia in regulating his power output. Ms. Marvel's and Wonderman's support simply provided additional points of contact to distribute the weight amongst three points of contact.

I don't see why Sentry is overrated. Hey... I'm hesitant to place him in a hierarchy just yet, but he isn't just hype. He's got feats to back the hype up up and nobody's given a decent explanation to explain away his most impressive feats, i.e. curbstomping Terrax with one hand, stalemating Photon, overloading Absorbing Man and taking ou tthe Collective.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I am VERY skeptical of ridiculous high-end feats of characters myself. And I'm not afraid to admit that I am very critical of Superman, Green Lantern and Thanos feats... but bottom-line is... what of Sentry's history leads you to believe that the feat isn't legitimate as presented?

Because after that feat, Sentry was stalemating Photon, overloading Absorbing Man (which Quasar couldn't even do), kicking the crap out of the Collective and taking all the punishment of World War Hulk in an almost casual way. And let's not forget what the Void has done as well: planet-wide telepathy feats, team-busting feats that are easily on par with Doomsday, etc.

Out of pure boredom and for a No-Prize, I'll point at a low-end feat that a lot of people love to focus on. A lot of people like to point at Sentry's apparent inability to lift the SHIELD helicarrier w/o Ms. Marvel's and Wonderman's help. But I think a good portion of the comics community recognizes that Marvel comics don't usually, if ever, subscribe to the tactile kinesis theory that Superman apparently employs with regularity. Think of Infinite Crisis #3 where he holds up half an office building, using the office building's glass windows as grips. I mean, come on! Outside of a comics theory like tactile kinesis, no way do glass windows support half an office building. Any child can tell you that while Superman has the strength to lift half an office building, no way does a single window glass pane support that same weight..

So think about this and put that into context with Mighty Avengers. Think about comic physics minus tactile kinesis and imagine a stationary object in the air like Sentry fully bracing against a falling helicarrier. The Sentry would simply leave a Sentry-shaped hole in the helicarrier as he tore through it since the helicarrier's outer shell ain't made of adamantium and would most likely not be supported by such a small point of contact with no leverage.

Sentry was most likely concentrating on calculating how much power he required to not simply punch through the outer hull while slowing its descent. And the apparent strain is very easily reconciliable with Sentry's apparent inability and utter phobia in regulating his power output. Ms. Marvel's and Wonderman's support simply provided additional points of contact to distribute the weight amongst three points of contact.

I don't see why Sentry is overrated. Hey... I'm hesitant to place him in a hierarchy just yet, but he isn't just hype. He's got feats to back the hype up up and nobody's given a decent explanation to explain away his most impressive feats, i.e. curbstomping Terrax with one hand, stalemating Photon, overloading Absorbing Man and taking ou tthe Collective.

Nice post... wink

tkitna
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Nice post... wink

Agreed!

dawsey28
smile

redhotrash
Yeah I agree with Tony Stark as far as it being a well thought out post, but Im still unconvinced. People are so quick to jump all over SBP for crying during a fight (even though he was litterally stomping a good chunk of the DC universe at the time) but they give Sentry a pass despite being a sheep in a lion's body. As for lifting the helicarrier, yeah I agree with you to an extent, but your forgetting that right before that he was getting his face kicked in by Ultron. You can argue that he didnt want to kill it because of Tony Stark, etc etc. Assuming thats true, Superman wouldve tied down Ultron or in some other way restrained her, not stand there and take a total thrashing. Beating Absorbing Man is no big deal anymore, Wasp has taken him down. Hes a PIS character who comes out of the woodwork whenever they need to give a character a quick rep boost. As for Terrax, yeah hes cool and all, but hes kinda overshadowed by the other heralds, no?

starlock
DD rex for the win

horrorwolf
Based on higher showings Sentry would take this.

iceman24567
Based on all showings Doomsday takes this.

*T*
DD wins.

Terryc250
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I am VERY skeptical of ridiculous high-end feats of characters myself. And I'm not afraid to admit that I am very critical of Superman, Green Lantern and Thanos feats... but bottom-line is... what of Sentry's history leads you to believe that the feat isn't legitimate as presented?

Definately true, most people just see him as a weak version of superman and base him on that.

redhotrash
Well, Superman doesnt sit home scared while guys like Hulk or Doomsday are destroying the city....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.