The Streets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Not many of you lot will know what the heck I'm going on about now but I'm sure at least Mah will know.....

Went to see my old fella on Thursday for his birthday and I was sat in the living room watching MTV2 with my bro and his wife. An advert came on for The Streets album with a close up of him saying his, "lets.......push........things.......forward", line from the song.

Suddenly my bro's missus says, "I know him!, I used to work with him in McDonalds!". No s**t, she says she worked with him a few years back and he was DJing his own stuff back then too. I said his name was Skinner, Dave Skinner if I'm not mistaken, and that convinced her that it was him.

Strange but true.

mah
Mike Skinner actually.
but that's cool though!

Captain REX
Shows you were we get our musicians these days. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
So where do you thought we got musicians from Rex

Captain REX
I thought the same thing before. It would be great if any of those screwed up boy bands could even play instruments and stop singing mushy love songs. sick

finti
Streets is pretty far from boy band

Dim
Anywhere we can download some music?

finti
Try this one to listen to some of the stuff

just click the sentence above

Dim
hmmmmm...guess I'd better hook up my speakers.

finti
that is a good idea.
Cdnow is good site for just a little peak into what bands/artist are like. They have a really huge databank

Dim
Hehehee....hmmmm..yeah. interesting

finti
I know I am..... oh and so is that site big grinbig grinbig grin

Dim
wink

finti
big grinsmile

Dim
Is that what most of European rap sounds like?

mah
its not strictly rap, its more a mix of hip-hop, reggae, dance, UK garage etc.
and no, its not what most european rap sounds like

Dim
and you like it?

mah
of course! who wouldnt!smile

finti
I know a lot that wouldnt

Dim
I don't know..it's a little bit to laid back from what I've heard...a little soft. Not that I'm a big music person.

mah
listen to "Don't Mug Yourseld"...just do it

Dim
well...it's funny.

finti
Geezers Need Excitementis cool (Streets)

mah
smile

mechmoggy
Its sooooooooo not rap its untrue. It is the anti-rap. Its negative rap...par if you will.

I always assumed it was garage myself, either way he's a brummy boy and I'll stand in his corner.

finti
its a kind of one man`s conversation or tale telling kind of stuff.
It is really hard to label what it is, but it aint rap

Thomas H
I heard something on a party last week, a lot of cool songs....and I love the Anglo acsent! Cool group!

Bad Boy
I cannot stand The Streets at all!!!

Thomas H
hihih

finti
Well when are your song comming out BB, you know I am a music lover so my critic might be harsh. Hope it aint no Helloween sound alike

Julie
yea you were right...I am totally lost

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.