NJO Luke Vs Anikan with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan 063
I know that if I put NJO Luke against ROTS Anikan it would be a curbstomp, but what if anikan finished is training and reached his full potentialLIke Luke who would win

1. Saber

2. Force

3. All out

Darth Sexy
Apparently Anakin=Luke in potential. However Anakin was born of the force so I don't see how Luke could beat a full potential Anakin

Blue_Hefner
ROTS Anakin was finished training. He was a Jedi Knight before the movie started

Darth Martin
We have no idea if Anakin had indeed reached his full-potential or if he hadn't what it would have been or how powerful he would have become.

Luke wins by default.

Elite Hunter
It seems that he and luke have the same potential and for the record Anakin never reached his full potential. Sidious recognizes this and even says along the lines of "Soon my apprentice will be stronger than the both us"

((The_Anomaly))
They have equal potential. So basically they are the same. So...no one would win. I still think its BS that Luke has the same potential as Anakin, it really doesn't make sense, but whatever...that's how it is.

Advent
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Apparently Anakin=Luke in potential.

Just because you type it out doesn't make it true. Prove up.

Your reasoning makes no sense, Sexy. How would Anakin being "born of the force" have an effect on this duel, even operating under the false premise that "Anakin = Luke" in potential power? Doesn't it seem much more rational that: skill, experience, knowledge of the Force (both in techniques and understanding), &c. would matter the most? This isn't exactly a plot-driven duel. It's a hypothetical versus match.

Originally posted by Darth Martin
We have no idea if Anakin had indeed reached his full-potential or if he hadn't what it would have been or how powerful he would have become.

As pointed out by Elite Hunter, we do know that he hadn't completely achieved his full potential. We also know that he would've been 200% of DE Sidious (this is of course assuming that the Emperor even reached his limit in Force strength by DE).

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
It seems that he and luke have the same potential

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
They have equal potential.

Hm, you don't need to prove up since you clearly don't believe in this bullshit either.

Sylar
I think they got confused when lucas said luke represented what anakin was suppose to become, and they took that as luke = anakin.

But was it stated anywhere anakin at peak > luke? I can't seem to remember....

Advent
Originally posted by Sylar
I think they got confused when lucas said luke represented what anakin was suppose to become, and they took that as luke = anakin.

Oh, I already knew that's what Sexy was referring to as I've had a debate about that before with both Lightsnake and him. I'm more or less just wondering why he's still bringing it up when I made it clear that the quote from George Lucas is meaningless to a debate, as it makes no absolute indication of Luke rivaling Anakin's potential. Then, of course, wondering why people (Elite Hunter) are buying into the ridiculous notion that its true.

Anakin has the highest known potential of all characters in the Star Wars mythos, which was explained by George Lucas and is adhered to in canon. Luke exists in the Star Wars mythos. Ergo, if Anakin had reached his potential, he would've been more powerful than Luke.

Since there's no evidence that supports the theory that Luke's potential is equivalent to Anakin's own (or greater than), it doesn't matter whether or not it was outright stated in those exact words. Logic dictates that its true as potential directly relates to power.

Sylar
I think its that some of us here think some members are infallible so we take what they say as a fact or canon.

Elite Hunter
I think I remember reading it in vanity magazine in 05 but since I can't find the exact words so I wont bother since I know how much you love proof Advent unless I could miraculously find it.

0°Mandalore°0
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
ROTS Anakin was finished training. He was a Jedi Knight before the movie started

Just pointing out, Jedi Knight doesn't mean "Full Potential", and I think what he meant by "finished training" was that he hadn't reached his FP.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Advent
If we go by the context of the Vanity Fair interview, either Luke=Anakin, or Luke>Palpatine.

Yes, it is a hypothetical versus match. The twist is, however, Anakin reaching his full potential, so if I am allegedly operating under a false premise, then the thread is absolutely pointless, seeing as how Anakin is supposed to be the most powerful force user to ever live whenever the hell he reaches his potential.

THe question is, would he be 200% more powerful than which incarnation of Sidious? I don't recall the EU being involved in the canon source of Anakin being twice is powerful as the Emperor, but if it implies that he would be twice as powerful as the emperor at HIS peak, then yes, DE Emperor makes sense.

Advent
If we go by the context of the Vanity Fair interview, either Luke=Anakin, or Luke>Palpatine.

What Vanity Fair interview are you talking about? Provide the quote, don't expect me to do your homework for you. And you essentially just nullified your own argument by stating 'either', because its apparently open to interpretation meaning that its inconclusive.

How does this address the original point? It doesn't, its an irrelevant conclusion. The thread's validity and Anakin possessing the potential to become the most powerful has nothing to do with your implication that Anakin "being born of the Force" would actually have an effect on the duel.

When actually reading the quote, it would seem more likely that he was referring to ROTJ Sidious, but I dunno'. I retract my statement then, since I cannot (or rather don't care enough to) support it.

Darth Sexy
What Vanity Fair interview are you talking about? Provide the quote, don't expect me to do your homework for you. And you essentially just nullified your own argument by stating 'either', because its apparently open to interpretation meaning that its inconclusive.
Well I realized it could mean either/or.

The thread stated had Anakin reached his potential Advent. Anakin at his peak, Anakin with limitless knowledge and power. Anakin being born in the force makes his potential power limitless so when he does reach his potential, he would be unstoppable. Now clearly Advent, he's not going to reach his potential and at the same time lack skill, knowledge, etc..

Advent
Well I realized it could mean either/or.

In a nutshell: you have no viable evidence to support the theory that "Anakin = Luke" in potential power, is that right?

Obviously you don't realize what you wrote:

Apparently Anakin=Luke in potential. However Anakin was born of the force so I don't see how Luke could beat a full potential Anakin

The initial sentence implies that you think Luke and Anakin would be equal in a fight, since they have equal potential (as well as suggests that either Luke has reached his potential in NJO or you didn't read the thread title). Your latter sentence makes it seem that you're stating Anakin would win based on the fact he was "born of the Force" due to your use of "however". But it obviously wouldn't if they had equal potential (it would come down to the who has more knowledge, skill, &c.)

I suspect you made an error in your post. Either that, or your current post makes no sense in relation to your first.

Darth Sexy
Well no, I retract my initial statement because Vanity Fair interview could mean either of those things.

Elite Hunter
Do you know what it actually said DS because I am having trouble to find what was actually said.

Advent
Well no, I retract my initial statement because Vanity Fair interview could mean either of those things.

...Like I said, you have no viable evidence to support the claim. "Viable evidence" as in it must conclusively compliment your position. Since its open to interpretation, it doesn't conclusively compliment your position. stick out tongue

Darth Sexy
Which is why I retracted my initial claim, pookie.

Gideon

Giving my nickname to someone else?!

no expression

Darth Sexy
Sex is just a gender, I believe I've stated that already.

Advent

Look at the discussion:

In a nutshell: you have no viable evidence to support the theory that "Anakin = Luke" in potential power, is that right?

Sense. You make none.

0°Mandalore°0
I don't understand why people keep arguing this. By mere logic, we can say a FP Anakin WOULD be more powerful than a FP Luke, just because of the fact that GL has stated Anakin has the highest force potential in the SWU. There's just no arguement to oppose it. As far as we know, FP Anakin > FP Luke.

Darth Sexy
A.D.D. Advent. I think we all know what I meant, including you.

caedusrulesall
Sigh...this is NJO Force God Mr. 20-lightsabers-at-once Luke. Even with Anakin at his full potential, Luke seems to be beyond anyone else's potential during NJO-even his father. Luke kills Anakin. Also, if ROTJ Luke can beat ROTJ Vader, then surely NJO Luke can beat full potential Anakin.

Sylar
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
Sigh...this is NJO Force God Mr. 20-lightsabers-at-once Luke. Even with Anakin at his full potential, Luke seems to be beyond anyone else's potential during NJO-even his father. Luke kills Anakin. Also, if ROTJ Luke can beat ROTJ Vader, then surely NJO Luke can beat full potential Anakin. More stupidity, prove it then. Because Lucas stated FP anakin is more powerful than any force user in the galaxy, including NJO luke. Lucas stated anakins potential is higher than anybody, including luke so you could imagine how powerful anakin at full potential would be.

0°Mandalore°0
Exactly. It's as simple as this: nobody in the SWU can compete against FP Anakin. Period.

MadMel
Look at the discussion:

Sense. You make none.
im guessing he missed your question when he made that post erm

Advent

MadMel
sorry, i meant to say
Originally posted by MadMel
im guessing he missread your question when he made that post erm

Advent
What bullshit!

Darth Exodus
Anakin was reported to have almost unlimited potential so chuck norris is the only one who could ever kick his mofo arse. Except the Exile of course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.