Best Video Game Console of All Time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old-Wizard.com
SNES hands down. Any other opinions?

ESB -1138
Wii. You can play NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Gamecube, Wii, and other console games on it.

@st
Nintendo 64 yes

Neo Darkhalen
NES, SNES, GENESIS, DREAMCAST, N64, PS2, XBOX 360, DS

@st
You dont understand the concept of "best" do you? lol

Neo Darkhalen
laughing out loud Hey I couldn't just pick one hahaha...

Mr.Biscuits
N64 or PS2.

Leaning towards the 64.

Cosmic Cube
Wii. It's so much more than just a console.

It's an entertainment system.

BackFire
SNES

((The_Anomaly))
The most fun overall I've ever had with a console was with the Nintendo 64. Those were the glory days of gaming IMO. So many awesome games.

Star Fox 64
Pilot Wings
Waverace
Mario Tennis
Goldeneye
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: MM
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Perfect Dark
Banjo(s)
Mario Kart 64
Diddy Kong Racing
F-Zero X
Jet Force Gemini
DK 64
Pokemon Snap (yes this game rocked :P )
Paper Mario

And those are just off the top of my head. The N64 ruled.

Smasandian
360 for me.

Combination of good hardware, excellent games, my favourite controller, good online service and just how it is built is what I think its the best.

I'm personally going what I had before because I barely used my NES (at my dad's house so I only played it once every 2 weeks at that), never had an SNES, and the GC had not enough quality of games. N64 is just a close second but I barely played any games outside of NHL 98, Madden 98, PD, and Goldeneye. Other than that, I wished alot of times I had the PS because all my friend were talking about RE, MGS and other games and I was a bit jealous.

EvilAngel
Wii, I have endless fun watching my friends prat about on it. Fantastic....

For my own gaming pleasure i'm gonig with PS2, Kingdom Hearts, Dysnasty warriors, Gran Turismo, Tony Hawks and Dark Chronicle are the games that make it so.

Though as i'm sure most of you know, i much prefer PC to consoles

Neo Darkhalen
Xbox 360 if I had to choose out of any from my list that and the DS.

Kazenji
PS2 myself

@st
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
The most fun overall I've ever had with a console was with the Nintendo 64. Those were the glory days of gaming IMO. So many awesome games.

Star Fox 64
Pilot Wings
Waverace
Mario Tennis
Goldeneye
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: MM
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Perfect Dark
Banjo(s)
Mario Kart 64
Diddy Kong Racing
F-Zero X
Jet Force Gemini
DK 64
Pokemon Snap (yes this game rocked :P )
Paper Mario

And those are just off the top of my head. The N64 ruled.

Amen brother. stick out tongue

360 is second for me, because its the most complete console to me.

Neo Darkhalen
They are some great games, the 360 is a great game console.

InnerRise
At this point in time, I've had the most fun with the Playstation 2. I've had fun with other consoles and the XBOX360 hasn't been around long enough for me to consider it the best for me just yet.

So I'm sticking with the Playstation 2 for now.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

JacopeX
Playstation.

Hands down. I say it as a Microsoft Fan. However, I say X-box should come in second in my list.

jaden101
dreamcast...still play mine regularly...and it had shenmue

ragesRemorse
Had the most fun with PS2. 360 is turning out to be quite prolific as well

Schecter
in terms of breakthrough systems, id have to say nes and n64.

Wandering Flame
Game Boy. http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Final_Fantasy_Ultimania/fight.gif

InnerRise
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Game Boy. http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Final_Fantasy_Ultimania/fight.gif Does that constitute as a console?

Handheld Console?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Smasandian
I wished alot of times I had the PS because all my friend were talking about RE, MGS and other games and I was a bit jealous.

That's basically what Sony is built on- hype.

I think the N64 may be the best.

360 is good, Wii soon.

Lana
Originally posted by InnerRise
Does that constitute as a console?

Handheld Console?

I don't see why it wouldn't, a handheld is still a console.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
That's basically what Sony is built on- hype.

I think the N64 may be the best.

360 is good, Wii soon.

The N64 is the best for sure. I mean just think of how many revolutionary and amazing games that had a gigantic lasting impact on the whole video game industry came outta that console. The only one close is the NES.

Who else?
the playstation and Dreamcast.

Wandering Flame
PS1 tore N64's ass up. There was hardly a competition between the two.

I'd hand the title of best console ever to PS2.

((The_Anomaly))

LOL, if you say so... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Impediment
The SNES, definitely.

Victor Von Doom

Yeah, just like The Backstreet Boys tore up RATM.

DarkC

ragesRemorse

You're right, it did. I'm still not sure why. In the beginning, Saturn and N64 were far superior. The games looked better and were alot funner. I think it was the sports games which sold the playstation at first. It wasnt until after the PS1 took the edge over N64 and destroyed the Saturn, that it began to produce consistently great titles. Either way, im glad the Playstation won, because it gave way for the PS2 which was unmatchable.

For best, i would say SNES, or PS2. The 360 is surely making its mark, however, it has a great deal many more quality games to produce before it can be considered for best console.

SelphieT
PS2 or the original Gameboy biscuits

DigiMark007
I think backwards compatibility is a cop-out. You have to take a console for its time, and with its own titles. Because, for example, as cool as the Wii's backward compatibility is, we buy it for Wii games, not so we can play games that we played to death years ago, and that might have nostalgic value but aren't as awesome as when we owned the earlier system.

For me, Genesis. But for its time, the original NES was just a social revolution. I wouldn't argue for the Genesis being the best ever for its time, it just happened to be my favorite.

Otherwise, XBox 360. The games are newer, better, deeper, better graphically, etc. A ton of great games with mroe to come, and a wealth of options that weren't available in earlier console generations. For its time, probably not (yet, at least), or maybe when you chalk in nostalgia it doesn't win, but objectively speaking you'd have to say one of the current systems is the "best". If a Martian were looking down on every console, for example, the NES and such (for all its glory) wouldn't even compare.

Alpha Centauri
N64.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Dreamcast

endrict
SNES

My SNES was immortal...I use to beat that thing so many times and it never gave up.....just kept on ticking.

360 would be at first but too many things wrong with it...ie 3 red lights, disc is unreadable, live drops a lot etc.... That's a huge killer for the gaming experience.

SaTsuJiN
Dreamcast... yum yum fighting games

endrict
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Dreamcast... yum yum fighting games

Yeah, DC had the Marvel vs Capcom series that is was/damn hard to find.

InnerRise
Loved Marvel Vs. Capcom.

Still have that Dreamcast Game.

McLovin
PS2

LORD JLRTENJAC
As a system? The Wii, even though the 3rd party developers can't get their act together on actually making working games for the system. It is clearly the best and most innovative system, and in addition, it makes gamers get off their lasy @$$3$. stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I think backwards compatibility is a cop-out. You have to take a console for its time, and with its own titles. Because, for example, as cool as the Wii's backward compatibility is, we buy it for Wii games, not so we can play games that we played to death years ago, and that might have nostalgic value but aren't as awesome as when we owned the earlier system.

For me, Genesis. But for its time, the original NES was just a social revolution. I wouldn't argue for the Genesis being the best ever for its time, it just happened to be my favorite.

Otherwise, XBox 360. The games are newer, better, deeper, better graphically, etc. A ton of great games with mroe to come, and a wealth of options that weren't available in earlier console generations. For its time, probably not (yet, at least), or maybe when you chalk in nostalgia it doesn't win, but objectively speaking you'd have to say one of the current systems is the "best". If a Martian were looking down on every console, for example, the NES and such (for all its glory) wouldn't even compare.

thumb up

jon84
Originally posted by SelphieT
PS2 or the original Gameboy biscuits

I second that.

I've had great times on both of those systems.

chillmeistergen
N64, definitely.

@st
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
As a system? The Wii, even though the 3rd party developers can't get their act together on actually making working games for the system. It is clearly the best and most innovative system, and in addition, it makes gamers get off their lasy @$$3$. stick out tongue

I still dont see how anyone can name the Wii best console yet, for me its been a huge disappointment.

High Priest
ps3 the most powerfulist machine ever made

@st
Yes it is, you cant argue that, but that alone dont mean shit. lol

Joe K
Originally posted by @st
Yes it is, you cant argue that, but that alone dont mean shit. lol

True.

DarthLazious
It was The Super Nintendo.

HueyFreeman
Nes for me. Despite all the graphics and controls of the newer generations the nintendo will always hold a place in my heart.

High Priest
Originally posted by Joe K
True.

Guys the ps3 owns the xbox 360. I know beacuse i had both the ps3 is sexy when tucked under my sharp aquos tv. roll eyes (sarcastic) .The ps3 as free online gamming wich never lags like most 360 games do.It as ture internet wich is called firefox.The ps3 as better processer and graphics it also as a build in blu-ray player wich xbox 360 dosesent have .xbox 360 is nasty and fat makes my room look untidy and i hate them phono leads wich come with the 360.With a ps3 u can buy a hdmi cable wich gives me a true 1080p experience . Happy Dance eek! Happy Dance

@st
Sony fans always have the best reasoning. roll eyes (sarcastic)

My 360 is hooked up with HDMI to my Sharp Aquos for 1080p, so that point is out the window. Plus my cable came with the system. wink

High Priest
Originally posted by @st
Sony fans always have the best reasoning. roll eyes (sarcastic)

My 360 is hooked up with HDMI to my Sharp Aquos for 1080p, so that point is out the window. Plus my cable came with the system. wink

NO!!!!! my ps3 is better as it as 1.3v hdmi Happy Dance Change your face its scary stick out tongue

DigiMark007
http://www.qwantz.com/archive/001164.html

I'm pretty sure Ryan North is a member on KMC. Spooky...

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
SNES hands down. Any other opinions?

Good thread question.

I'd have to flip a coin with snes and n64. With 64 being heads.

Love both systems and had the most and the most memories with 'em.

But i'm loving my 360, though.

BaneOfJedi700
the 64 definitely. I liked original xbox more than the 360 cause all the add-ons that were needed for it. with the original you had your console that was it with 360 you gotta buy memory cards, controller chargers, blah blah blah. look folks, i'm not MADE of money m'kay?

dadudemon
Originally posted by BaneOfJedi700
with the original you had your console that was it with 360 you gotta buy memory cards, controller chargers, blah blah blah. look folks, i'm not MADE of money m'kay?

HERE HERE!!!! I'm not Paris Hilton and I don't want to HAVE to accessorize just to have fun with a video game!!! mad

Outbound
Originally posted by High Priest
Guys the ps3 owns the xbox 360. I know beacuse i had both the ps3 is sexy when tucked under my sharp aquos tv. roll eyes (sarcastic) .The ps3 as free online gamming wich never lags like most 360 games do.It as ture internet wich is called firefox.The ps3 as better processer and graphics it also as a build in blu-ray player wich xbox 360 dosesent have .xbox 360 is nasty and fat makes my room look untidy and i hate them phono leads wich come with the 360.With a ps3 u can buy a hdmi cable wich gives me a true 1080p experience . Happy Dance eek! Happy Dance

All that but no good games, shame, I thought it was a gaming console?

Im going with N64....nothing beats Goldeneye and Super Smash with a bunch of friends playing. You can have all the 50 player COD4 matches you want, but 4 player Goldeneye still kicks its ass.

Blax_Hydralisk
Not really no expression

Golnen Eye, imo, is highly overrated.

BackFire
Originally posted by High Priest

PS3 is larger than the 360.

New 360s have HDMI outputs. PS3 doesn't even come with component cables, gotta go buy stuff after the fact to get HD from it, AFTER paying $500 for the system. They're too cheap to throw in decent cables for HD gaming right out of the box.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by BaneOfJedi700
the 64 definitely. I liked original xbox more than the 360 cause all the add-ons that were needed for it. with the original you had your console that was it with 360 you gotta buy memory cards, controller chargers, blah blah blah. look folks, i'm not MADE of money m'kay? strange.. I havent bought one memory card or controller charger..

coolmovies
The Xbox 360 i say better grapics better games great looking console
360 rules them all

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.