Most disappointing game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

@st
I did a search for "disappointing" and "letdown", no luck. Close/merge if needed.Now this is just for games that are disappointing, not necessarily bad, but just disappointed you.

I say Assassin's Creed and Superman Returns. AC was hyped up to be the biggest game of the year, but once I played it, I was bored to death before the first target. And Superman got delayed for 6 F'N months and the almighty EA still couldnt make even a half playable game.

EvilAngel
World of Warcraft, the plot went to hell for the sake of some extra money. Basically, they sold out IMO

Battle for Middle Earth II, promised us things it simply did not deliver. Was a total letdown compared to what i was expecting.

Any of the Abe's Oddysee sequals

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, so rigged with bugs then had to re-released as GRAW 2.

That's it.....for now

Burning thought
i agree with Angel, Abe was cool but the sequels were not quite equel, i didnt mind soulbrew but something about it was missing, idont know why.

Kero_Co
Red Steel

ragesRemorse
i thought abe's exodus was better than the first, hmm...

the most recent disappointments on a grand scale to me are,

Stranglehold
assassins creed
jericho
onimusha 3
the darkness
kane and lynch
blacksite area 51
simpsons
conan
lost planet
NHL 2k8
prince of persia--all sequels

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kero_Co
Red Steel
Let me guess... because of the controls?

Other than that, I found it to be okay.

Lana
Only game I've played recently that I can say I was actually disappointed in was Mass Effect. Oblivion is also heading to that category as well, but it at least is a bit more interesting.

KOTOR and KOTOR2 also belong there.

@st
Ah, KoToR II is definatly up there. It was real good until the final planet, to me anyways.

Lana
I quit it about a quarter through, myself.

@st
I just liked the interactions with the party a whole lot, for that I forgave everything except the shitty as final parts.

MadMel
- munch's oddesy
godawful transition from 2d to 3d
- red steel, for obvious reasons
- superman returns
- any command and conquer game..for some reason they really bugged me
- heroes of might and magic 4...after playing 3 and 5, 4 looks and plays like total crap erm

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by @st
And Superman got delayed for 6 F'N months and the almighty EA still couldnt make even a half playable game.

Given EA's track record, i was excited about hearing that they were helming Superman. Other than the flying, there was no point in playing this game. I agree, it was monumentally disappointing

@st
They did Batman Begins which I actually enjoyed, so I thought there was a glimmer for Superman, but I still cant believe how bad it was considering how long it was in development.

BackFire
Assassin's Creed, for being a genuinely bad game in so many huge ways when it could have been astounding as a whole if more work went into the fundamentals and basics instead of the animations and graphics.

FFXII, for lacking that emotional center that the great FF game's are known for, also for lacking well developed, interesting characters that feel organically important in context to the adventure as a whole.

FFVIII, for the same reasons as FFXII but also because the draw system was atrocious, the reliance on GF's were annoying and forced the player to watch too many summon animations, and the romantic relationship between Squall and Rinoa felt contrived to work because of convenience, and not because the characters really connected.

Gears of War, I love this game very much, but the story is what disappointed me. I was very excited about the plot, and thought that the world would have a very interesting back story. Though, the plot itself was barebones and generic, barely working on a level beyond simply moving you from point A to point B and so on.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by BackFire
I was very excited about the plot, and thought that the world would have a very interesting back story.

Are you.. are you serious?

ragesRemorse
yeah, Gears of war had no story, it only hinted towards one.

The first play through, i missed the dialogue which explained why phoenix was in prison. The second play through i heard the ONE line of dialogue devoted to explaining his incarceration.

BackFire
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Are you.. are you serious?

Yes.

The lore they created for the world is actually quite in depth and interesting, there's a lot of backstory that you can find if you look through online sources.

Though, you wouldn't know it from playing the game, it's as barebones a story as I've ever seen, and that's what was disappointing.

Also, as RR says, they just didn't explain very much.

For instance, did you know that Gen. Ramm is, according to the lore, the one who killed Fenix's father? This could have been an excellent plot device, and driven the story further beyond "Okay, go kill Ramm", but this was never even hinted at during the actual game, which is a shame.

apoc001
Fable is the textbook let-down. All this hype about choices affecting plot and character development and then that's what we got. Maybe I was just spoiled by Morrowind, though.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Yes.

The lore they created for the world is actually quite in depth and interesting, there's a lot of backstory that you can find if you look through online sources.

Though, you wouldn't know it from playing the game, it's as barebones a story as I've ever seen, and that's what was disappointing.

Also, as RR says, they just didn't explain very much.

For instance, did you know that Gen. Ramm is, according to the lore, the one who killed Fenix's father? This could have been an excellent plot device, and driven the story further beyond "Okay, go kill Ramm", but this was never even hinted at during the actual game, which is a shame.

I actually thought Fenix was pissed because he killed that guy half way through the game.

((The_Anomaly))
My most recent disappointing game is definitely Assassins Creed.

Blax_Hydralisk
edit.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by MadMel
- any command and conquer game..for some reason they really bugged me
Same here. It was so boring when I watched it some at my friend's house.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Same here. It was so boring when I watched it some at my friend's house.

He/She was obviously not playing is right, lasers, bombs, and bullets firing off on large scale. The units accuraty is also affects by their position, e.i. shoting down on something gives you better range and accuracy.

There are so many elements in that game you really have to think about everything before you go raiding off.

theburningSKULL
The Darkness was so uber disappointing, i nearly cried

Superboy Prime
Shoot me in the back, flame me, bash non-stop for what I'm about to say...but the Morrowind series has always been boring to me and I'd only play it to the end if I forced myself despite the torture. Don't know why...but its just not my style...which is weird because I love First Person games and I love RPGs.

*Runs*

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Shoot me in the back, flame me, bash non-stop for what I'm about to say...but the Morrowind series has always been boring to me and I'd only play it to the end if I forced myself despite the torture. Don't know why...but its just not my style...which is weird because I love First Person games and I love RPGs.

*Runs* Get back here!

theburningSKULL
lol but Elder Scrolls 4 made up for that. Oblivion was the life-ender.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Burning thought
i agree with Angel, Abe was cool but the sequels were not quite equel, i didnt mind soulbrew but something about it was missing, idont know why.

Well the second abe game (Abe's exodus) was good, it was just the games followed after that one that went down hill

Neo Darkhalen
Assassin's Creed and Timeshift, of this generation at least.

Vinny Valentine
Wind Waker

@st
Whoa. stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
*Gasp*

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Wind Waker From what I heared, it was a great game. erm

I admit, the cel-shaded graphics repulsed me, but now I think I might have enjoyed the game.

WrathfulDwarf
No doubt for me was Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

After falling in love with Sands of Time and looking forward to another romantic adventure with the Prince. Warrior Within was like a bi-polar date with a psycho chick. The puzzles were like meh...the story was like...oookay...the romatic music gone...and the image and character of that cocky yet charming Prince completely gone. Ubisoft drop the ball with the changes.

Neo Darkhalen
AC.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Superboy Prime

*Runs*

You better....

@st
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
No doubt for me was Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

After falling in love with Sands of Time and looking forward to another romantic adventure with the Prince. Warrior Within was like a bi-polar date with a psycho chick. The puzzles were like meh...the story was like...oookay...the romatic music gone...and the image and character of that cocky yet charming Prince completely gone. Ubisoft drop the ball with the changes.

I wondered if this would pop up. stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
i thought two thrones was just as disappointing as well

DarkC
Halo 2's ending.

@st
Perfect Dark Zero

Burning thought
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well the second abe game (Abe's exodus) was good, it was just the games followed after that one that went down hill

well i agree it was good but Abe the original was very unique, it was a story that was new and the gameplay was interesting to me, puzzle solving, smarts instead of brutality

(may be small spoilers but surely theres no one around playing the 2nd abe and not heard of it before, just a warning anyway wink )

the second one had tonnes of the same sort of stuff and it was a great game, it was just not new i suppose, there was a similiar feel to it, too samey for example Factory--->Jungle--->Temple/mines---->back to factory with new powers--->stop badguy, blow factory

theburningSKULL
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Wind Waker

OMG how could you say that!!!!

theburningSKULL
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Assassin's Creed and Timeshift, of this generation at least.

I have to admit that Assassins Creed was a HUGE letdown, but it didn't suck completely. Timeshift just sucked.

EvilAngel
it was just not new i suppose, there was a similiar feel to it, too samey for example Factory--->Jungle--->Temple/mines---->back to factory with new powers--->stop badguy, blow factory

That's why i found it dissappointing, it was the same thing just a few differences.

Th gas add was a nice move, but it still had nothing on the first one.

I suppose it's one of those games that set the bar too high for a sequal to be successful IMO

InnerRise
All Yu-Gi-Oh! Console Games......My God.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Wandering Flame
Most disappointing game...Goku's Legacy for GBA.

Gameplay looked like "TAG, YOU'RE IT".

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by InnerRise
All Yu-Gi-Oh! Console Games......My God.
Meh.

*has Duelist of the Roses for the PS2 and Falsebound Kingdom for the Gamecube and thought they were okay*
They just taking some getting used to at first. >.>

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Most disappointing game...Goku's Legacy for GBA.

Gameplay looked like "TAG, YOU'RE IT".
The commercial for it was funny though.

InnerRise
Meh.

*has Duelist of the Roses for the PS2 and Falsebound Kingdom for the Gamecube and thought they were okay*
They just taking some getting used to at first. >.>

Those are actually the 2 that I have.

I actually enjoyed Duelist of the Roses when I first started. It was fun and I expected it to get better and I expected certain things to take place.

Once I realized I had reached the pinnacle of the game and that the pinnacle didn't go any higher than my Metatarsals (bones in the feet), I realized there was no point in further playing and that it sucked in retrospect.

Now with Falsebound Kingdom...........I realized that sucked right away and put that mess to rest.

Ugh.

Love all of the Handheld Yu-Gi-Oh! games that I've played though.

theburningSKULL
I thought that guitar hero: encore could have been better. Come on, there's a song called "bathroom wall". WTF

WrathfulDwarf
I heard Genji II was disappointing...but I don't know because I never play it.

HA! stick out tongue

Shadowloo's OG
Final Fantasy 9

JacopeX
Mortal Kombat Armaggedon.....sad

I mean, Deception was awesome and it could have been better with more characters but when armaggedon came out, it was all crap and I was able to beat konquest like three times in one day....Pathetic. And the game did not even give me the excitment to beat the game with every character. Kreate a Kharacter was pretty good but their is just something about it I did not like.....need more options?

InnerRise
The first 3-D Mortal Kombat Game. Can't remember the name and I own it. That's how disappointed it was for me. I loved the 2-D Mortal Kombat Games.

JacopeX
I love both. I never understood why people hated 3-D. i have played MK since the first one and I kept buying the games ever since. yes

@st
The recent console only games have been good, but the first 3D one wasnt too good.

Originally posted by InnerRise
The first 3-D Mortal Kombat Game. Can't remember the name and I own it. That's how disappointed it was for me. I loved the 2-D Mortal Kombat Games.

MK4

jaden101
ace combat 6: compared to the 2 ps2 installments it has virtually no levels, no planes...no relatively original missions (in that u dont have any that differ from the main bulk)

dead rising: repetative after a very short time (once uve used everything possible as a weapon)

tenchu z: control were not as intuitive as the earlier versions

enter the matrix: nice how it was weaved in with the film plot but the controls and general gameplay were terrible

americas 10 most wanted: perhaps the most ridiculously crap game i've ever had the misfortune of playing

call of duty 4: far too short

Wandering Flame
Originally posted by Akuma Killer
Final Fantasy 9 http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Final_Fantasy_Ultimania/fight.gif

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by JacopeX
Mortal Kombat Armaggedon.....sad

I mean, Deception was awesome and it could have been better with more characters but when armaggedon came out, it was all crap and I was able to beat konquest like three times in one day....Pathetic.
Well, although Armageddon was disappointing (in general) and way overhyped, I wouldn't quite say it was all crap, but the Konquest mode was definitely short compared to Deception's. Not to mention, things like Taven's ground pound and time freeze just made the Konquest mode too damn easy as a whole.

The thing that disappointed me about Armageddon most though, was the Krypt. There wasn't much in it (compared to the ones in Deadly Alliance and Deception), and you could just automatically unlock everything in the Krypt by getting all the hidden/extra items in Konquest mode.
And then there's the lack of character profiles...

Kreate a Kharacter was pretty good but their is just something about it I did not like.....need more options?
Maybe...
Then again, I don't really see how that mode in particular could've been much better than it already was.

I love both.

i have played MK since the first one and I kept buying the games ever since. yes
Same here thumb up (on both accounts).

I never understood why people hated 3-D.
Hmm. I guess some people just couldn't adapt to having 2 or more fighting styles (and to use them together as combos and all that stuff), or they didn't like characters having weapons? erm

Whatever the reasons may be, I never quite understood why people hated the 3-D MKs either...
I mean, regardless of the changes made throughout the series (both big and small), all the 3-D games still had the Mortal Kombat feel to them, so why the hate? (to those who at least liked the 2-D games)

InnerRise
Didn't feel like a Mortal Kombat Game at all to me.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Kazenji
Well, although Armageddon was disappointing (in general) and way overhyped,

Overhyped ??

did'nt feel overhyped to me when it came it

Just came out and then that was it....

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
Overhyped ??

did'nt feel overhyped to me when it came it

Just came out and then that was it....
Oh.
I meant before it came out (sorry. Should've specified there).

Armageddon was overhyped before it came out because people were expecting it to be like the best MK game ever since it was gonna have all the characters from both the old and recent games (which it did of course), but even that didn't make the game that good as a whole...

Kazenji
I know armageddon was the last one for that Generation of consoles

What they need to do for the next game is make it a bit more fast paced like Tekken and soul caliber.

Neo Darkhalen
AC and Timeshift.

EvilAngel
A game i perosnally found dissapointing was Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus

Neo Darkhalen
Gears of War.

grey fox
Originally posted by EvilAngel
A game i perosnally found disappointing was Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus

I wouldn't say it was disappointing, but the lacklustre voice acting and stupid plot twists were annoying.

Plus the whole romantic angle made Vincent look like a pedophile.

@st
AC and Timeshift.

Yes, we know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Neo Darkhalen
laughing out loud

Röland
Originally posted by jaden101
call of duty 4: far too short

CoD 4's multi-player makes up for that though.

Neo Darkhalen
COD4 is by no means a disappointment.

Röland
COD4 is by no means a disappointment.

I don't think it's a disappointment, I just agree it was short.

Some of the missions go by really quick, even on Veteran.

InnerRise
For the people who aren't able to participate in online play, I can imagine it being disappointing for them if they're just stuck with the campaign.

jaden101

ESB -1138

Kazenji

the second one had tonnes of the same sort of stuff and it was a great game, it was just not new i suppose, there was a similiar feel to it, too samey for example Factory--->Jungle--->Temple/mines---->back to factory with new powers--->stop badguy, blow factory

I enjoyed the sequal just as much as the first one.........but meh each to their own.

AC and Timeshift.

AC ?!?!?

Armored Core or is it something else.

MadMel
he means assassin's creed erm

Kazenji
Well it does help to actually write the name of the game sometimes.....

Neo Darkhalen
Some people use GOW

which could be Gears Of War
God Of War

InnerRise
And that justifies it how?

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Pulse2
Tekken 4: Was awful
Munch: Went to Xbox, became rubbish -_-
Dino Crisis 3: Went to Xbox, annoyingly became rubbish

Poplous 2: Because it doesn't exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Resistance: Expected a bit more
Wii Sports: After five minutes I was bored to death
Red Steel: Stupid game

Most of the games I played in the past were half decent, can't remember many dissopointments, amybe I just had luck with the games I bought.

The Grey Fox

Kazenji
Originally posted by Pulse2
Red Steel: Stupid game

The game was'nt stupid, the controls were good it was just the game that was that was a let down. Maybe they will get it right with Red Steel 2 if and win they decide to make.

Ridley_Prime
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl

There. I said it.

It's sad that I don't even have to play the game yet to know it'll be most disappointing (compared to Melee) in many regards.
R.I.P. Mewtwo and other awesome characters...

They didn't even de-clone Ganondorf, give Wolf and Falco an original final smash, etc.

Also, this is coming from someone who isn't much of an online player, so I hardly care for Brawl's online mode.
There have been other games with online play that weren't that good as a whole.

Scythe
Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus...

First_Tsurugi06
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl

There. I said it.

It's sad that I don't even have to play the game yet to know it'll be most disappointing (compared to Melee) in many regards.
R.I.P. Mewtwo and other awesome characters...

Mewtwo was crap to and fro. I won't miss him. They brought back the popular one that didn't suck, that's all.

Actually, Mewtwo's the only non-clone vet that didn't come back (yes, I'm one of those who views Toon Link as a tacky Young Link excuse), he just happened to suck like two of the three clones that didn't return. All I'd've asked for is five more characters that I had in mind.

Scythe
Devil May Cry 2

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Mewtwo was crap to and fro. I won't miss him.
While it's true Mewtwo wasn't nearly as good as he could've been in Melee, he had so much potential to be better in Brawl. I mean, look at how much they beefed up Bowser, who was one of the worst characters in Melee. They could've easily done the same to Mewtwo, but nope. They f*cking cut him. Inexcusable. Inconceivable.

You may not miss him, many others and myself still will.

They brought back the popular one that didn't suck, that's all.
I could care less about Jiggs. Although she's good and all, I never used her much.

Brawl's still a most disappointing game as a whole (not just because of no Mewtwo). As I said, it's sad that I don't even have to play the game yet to know this. sick

Scythe
This isn't a Brawld thread, but who cares, I wanna say this. Jigglypuff in Brawl, wtf?! Why?! Possibly the dumbest excuse of a character, let alone a Pokemon. I may not know too much about Pokemon, but Mewtwo is defenitly better than Jigglypuff. Should've left Jigglygay out of Brawl...

Neo Darkhalen
I don't like pokemon, I don't like Jigglypuff at all.

H. S. 6
I'm not sure I've ever been disappointed by a game. Maybe because I don't overhype things, just take them for what they are.

JacopeX
I haven't bought a game in a long time. Probably because money is short at the moment. erm

First_Tsurugi06
Brawl's still a most disappointing game as a whole (not just because of no Mewtwo). As I said, it's sad that I don't even have to play the game yet to know this . sick

Then seriously, it's not something you know, nor something I kno weither, but there are enough thins shown for me to know that this game will satisfy my expectations beyond what I anticipated. They've shown clearly to have taken just about every aspect of Smash Bros. from the past that meant something, and added depth to it to thepoint that the game is like an epic more than a party game. With what little reception of the game has been shown to the public (Famitsu magazine), it's looking to be the most promising Wii game since the console came out.

"As a whole", the game is shaping up to be everything SSB64, and SSBM was times five. There's practically not a single thing in the game that they haven't shown touching upon to the point of perfection, and if that's not enough to compensate for dumping a single sucky character (who was, by metagame standards, the worst in the game), then just hope that his apparent replacement (Lucario) sucks enough to fill the gap.

Ridley_Prime
"As a whole", the game is shaping up to be everything SSB64, and SSBM was times five.
Not really...
Actually, that's far beyond the case.

They spent so much time on stickers and other relatively insignificant features, that they forgot about strengthening the most important part of the game: the characters

The clones remain unchanged for the most part, they did nothing to improve the sucky characters, etc.
And unlike Melee, Brawl wasn't rushed, so they had all these months to improve them, along with adding many other unique characters, yet they decide to waste it to incorporate advertising ploys (like the "masterpiece" demos and what not). Simply pathetic.

There's practically not a single thing in the game that they haven't shown touching upon to the point of perfection
Right roll eyes (sarcastic)...

Although I haven't played the game myself yet, it basically seems the majority of development was spent on the addition of menial little features rather than the core of the game.

Sakurai and the Smash team were lazy, clones and repeating attacks are just unacceptable. Nintendo didn't necessarily drop the ball, but they didn't deliver either. Although the game will still be amazingly fun (if the online works properly) and will have long long lasting value, it won't be winning many 'Game of the Years' because really, it doesn't deserve it.

Brawl's basically a rehashed Melee with online mode and some new characters in it, which mean nothing since half seem to be clones anyway. Is that bad? No. But its not what people wanted and expected on Nintendo's biggest current franchise.

and if that's not enough to compensate for dumping a single sucky character (who was, by metagame standards, the worst in the game), then just hope that his apparent replacement (Lucario) sucks enough to fill the gap.
As I said, just because Mewtwo wasn't as good as he could've been in Melee doesn't mean he couldn't of been beefed up in Brawl, like they did with Bowser, as he sucked in Melee too.

It's Mewtwo. One of the most f*cking powerful Pokemon ever. Everyone knows a Pichu wouldn't compare to him outside the borders of Melee. He could've been easily improved in Brawl.

If you honestly believe it's right for a character to be cut just because "they sucked", then by that logic, I guess Kirby should've gotten the boot as well, since he was around the bottom (with Mewtwo) of Melee's tier list.

As for that Anubis dog thing (Lucario), I don't hope anything for him. Replacing one of the most respected 1st generation Pokemon (who was a legendary) with that easy-to-annihilate fighting/steel type is just one of the dumbest mistakes Sakurai's ever made.

Who wanted R.O.B. the f*cking Robot anyway? Not anyone I know.

CaptainStoic
I saw a lot of BS titles that you guys brought up but I think mine takes the cake.... Def Jam Icon.

Joe K
Two Worlds.

GAY.

chillmeistergen
Sonic on 360 and Saints Row.

Ridley_Prime
Batman Forever (SNES). Seriously. A really dumb game.

pr1983
i recently played dmc 4, and to be honest i was quite underwhelmed...

@st
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

I actually liked Saints Row a lot, I had very low hopes because I figured it would be another shitty GTA clone, but it was actually the first good GTA clone. stick out tongue

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Joe K
Two Worlds.

GAY.

That game was aweful, I mean I only played the demo, but... I stepped into water and my caracter said "Eww... wet." I mean COME ON!!!

Most dissappointing game for me though? Kotor 2.

Decimus
Worst game ever (not in reality just for me and fans) was the ever disappointing Metal Gear Solid 2: sons of liberty. You have the first that is arguably the greatest game of all time and the sequel destroyed the series on the ps2 maybe in general just destroyed the series.

Alpha Centauri
Hardly...

-AC

Decimus
What would you say was more disappointing, alpha?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

Yeah after Shadow the Hedgehog I kind of lost hope in ever getting a good 3D Sonic game...then Secret Rings came out.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Decimus
What would you say was more disappointing, alpha?

Halo, G.T.A: Vice City, The Bouncer, Spider-Man 3, all the Devil May Cry games etc.

-AC

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by pr1983
i recently played dmc 4, and to be honest i was quite underwhelmed... It was ok. The cut scenes were awesome but nero isn't that great a character. Not to mension he combat system is broken. I wall disapointed with the removal of a lot of Dantes moves but with the Pandoras box and Lucifer gauntelts I am not too upset. Agreed a little underwhelmed but I seem to be that way with most of the current generation of games.

Alpha Centauri
I actually think the game plays WORSE than the very first one. It feels like you're running in glue, horrible control system.

-AC

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
etc.

-AC

Rather vague.

HueyFreeman
I actually think the game plays WORSE than the very first one. It feels like you're running in glue, horrible control system.

-AC Its not that bad. I loved three the most so in in comparison I am disapointed. But all of the planetformers seem to be sucking this generation. Whats the only great one God of War? Thats about it. Compared to shit like Genji, and Assassins creed I will stick with Devil May Cry.

Alpha Centauri
It's because they know they can make money by producing the same game five times and people will buy it. Why? Cos they are familiar with it and it makes them feel like they're good at games.

Despite Devil May Cry being the games industry's equal to classroom's safety scissors.

-AC

HueyFreeman
It's because they know they can make money by producing the same game five times and people will buy it. Why? Cos they are familiar with it and it makes them feel like they're good at games.

Despite Devil May Cry being the games industry's equal to classroom's safety scissors.

-AC Yes and not for me on that. Four and two are retardedly easy but one gave me issues (especially with Nightmare). The first edition of three were a little difficult but after the first few boards it eased up alot. I still am loyal though considering I can watch the cutscenes which are some of the hottest ones I have seen.

Decimus
Halo, G.T.A: Vice City, The Bouncer, Spider-Man 3, all the Devil May Cry games etc.

-AC
I only can say I agree with all except Halo 1 and GTA vice city which were an excellent gaming experiences more so with halo.

Lana
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Yes and not for me on that. Four and two are retardedly easy but one gave me issues (especially with Nightmare). The first edition of three were a little difficult but after the first few boards it eased up alot. I still am loyal though considering I can watch the cutscenes which are some of the hottest ones I have seen.

You kidding me? I did the first DMC on the hardest setting as a challenge from a friend of mine and didn't have any problems with it. And I'm really not all that great at most games, to be honest.

MadMel
to each their own erm

pr1983
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
It was ok. The cut scenes were awesome but nero isn't that great a character. Not to mension he combat system is broken. I wall disapointed with the removal of a lot of Dantes moves but with the Pandoras box and Lucifer gauntelts I am not too upset. Agreed a little underwhelmed but I seem to be that way with most of the current generation of games.

i dunno, i mean, i was sitting there playing it, and remembering how much i enjoyed the first one, and i couldnt help wondering what happend to it...

-AC

i can see what you mean about the running, but ive seen alot worse in terms of controls... i don't think it was that awful...

Charlotte DeBel
Gauntlets are Gilgamesh. Lucifer are energy swords akin to Vergil's but detonated in fancy way.

Removal of Wall Run and replacing it with quite a retarded move and explaining it by the thing that "there's not enough walls"=bad news, but in terms of gameplay it's OK. Could have been more than 7 missions with Dante, through.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by pr1983
i dunno, i mean, i was sitting there playing it, and remembering how much i enjoyed the first one, and i couldnt help wondering what happend to it...

i can see what you mean about the running, but ive seen alot worse in terms of controls... i don't think it was that awful...

I just feel that if you can't perfect a game series and game dynamics in four games, over two generations of consoles, then there're issues.

Although it's Capcom, hardly got a bad track record.

-AC

Mairuzu
Most disappointing game of course has to be

State of emergancy

Thunder Fox
im disappointed in Kill Zone

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Thunder Fox
im disappointed in Kill Zone
Kill Zone 2 (for the PS3) ain't so good either.

@st
Kill Zone 2 (for the PS3) ain't so good either.

It isnt even close to coming out, why dont you save that comment. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
I just feel that if you can't perfect a game series and game dynamics in four games, over two generations of consoles, then there're issues.

Although it's Capcom, hardly got a bad track record.

-AC

of course, i still adore the first one though, so i don't think of the series as a total failure...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.