Epitome of force usage?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog
What is the highest degree of force manipulation? Is it the ability to create life? The ability to become immortal, or to communicate with the living after death? Ability to shoot lightning out of your....hands? Choke people? What do you think?

Tangible God
The highest degree of individual manipulation ever performed would likely be the creation of life through use of the Force, a feat only accomplished once under unknown circumstances.

But if you mean in terms of sheer power and magnitude, Palpatine's Force Storm would likely take this honorific.

But still, the Rakata managed to concentrate the Dark Side into a focal point such as the Star Forge which itself could manipulate energy and matter. Tough decision.

Satauros
jacen was canonically sed to hav reached the most powerful being to use the Force during his fight with onimi(or watever) during the YV war
he pretty much became one with the force while being alive, but it stole anything left of his teens from him after that

Gideon
According to Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force.

This does not explicitly state or indicate that Jacen demonstrated the Force's strongest attack -- but rather achieved a oneness with it that surpassed all others' on record.

If one equates power to the most arcane and deepest rituals, Darth Plagueis's rumored manipulation of midichlorians ranks among it, as does the ability to "transcend death" in the form of becoming one with the Force or even the lesser version used by Palpatine.

In terms of destruction, Palpatine's Force Storms seem to be the greatest, as does the Thought Bomb.

Satauros
hmmm..

Force Storm vs. Thought bomb

that's a toss up. :/

Gideon
Originally posted by Satauros
hmmm..

Force Storm vs. Thought bomb

that's a toss up. :/

I need to do more research on the Thought Bomb, since my copy of PoD is missing. Does it just eliminate Force users or all life?

BaneLover
It essentially demolishes any being strong in the force within a certain radius (which is how Darovit was able to survive; his force strength barely even registered to Bane, and he's stated as being weak in the force), and sucks their spirits into a grey orb, which then proceed to get torn apart.

It's highly destructive, but lacks the kind of range for it to truly be considered the epitome of force usage.

I'd personally go with what Nihilus does to Katarr.

Gideon
Originally posted by BaneLover
It essentially demolishes any being strong in the force within a certain radius (which is how Darovit was able to survive; his force strength barely even registered to Bane, and he's stated as being weak in the force), and sucks their spirits into a grey orb, which then proceed to get torn apart.

It's highly destructive, but lacks the kind of range for it to truly be considered the epitome of force usage.

Well, if it only consumes objects or persons "strong in the Force" and only in a certain radius, I suppose it isn't as powerful or as effective as was previously thought.

It ranks up there, certainly. Though to what extent was Katarr destroyed? Consider that Palpatine's Force Storms not only obliterate life (Force-using or otherwise) but also lifeless matter.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Gideon
Well, if it only consumes objects or persons "strong in the Force" and only in a certain radius, I suppose it isn't as powerful or as effective as was previously thought.

It ranks up there, certainly. Though to what extent was Katarr destroyed? Consider that Palpatine's Force Storms not only obliterate life (Force-using or otherwise) but also lifeless matter.

Please, the thought bomb is nothing compared to the force storm. The force storm tears the fabric of space, pwns planets and capital ships. The thought bomb destroys force users in a CERTAIN RADIUS. Try again Noobaris..

Furthermore, if the ability to transcend death is 'up there', then Cade Skywalker's bullshit ability has to be as well.

BaneLover
WTF?

Gideon
Originally posted by BaneLover
WTF?

Satauros
sumone shood compile a list of Force abilities that are listed in 2 catagories, Destructive & non-destructive, then put the top one from each catagory in a hypothetical situation against each other, then I think we will hav our answer

Captain REX
Bugger off, Neb.

The Thought Bomb is supposed to destroy all life within the blast radius, not just those powerful in the Force. It just so happens that most life within the blast radius, in the case of the Thought Bomb on Ruusan, consisted of Sith Lords and Jedi Knights. However, it does say that all the cave structures at ground zero were more or less vaporized (more eloquently put, of course). It does target life over mere matter, of course.

I feel that such a list would be very long, Satauros. stick out tongue Would we include abilities that grant increased stamina or strength or speed to the Force-user?

Darth Sexy
AHAHAHAH I love you Rex

Captain REX
Who doesn't? big grin

I think, despite being limited to a (large) radius, the Thought Bomb is still rather impressive. It doesn't just destroy matter and life, it essentially rips out the souls of those caught in the blast and contains them. That has to be worth something...

I also feel that most of the contenders for epitome of Force usage are mostly Dark Sided. What are some Light Sided abilities that could epitomize the Jedi? Perhaps the Wall of Light that the Jedi unleashed on Kun?

Elite Hunter
And maybe Jacen's oneness with the force against Omni.

Gideon
It all depends. In truth, many light side techniques may in fact require greater concentration and mastery; we just typically define "greatest" and "power" with destruction (which is why the Force Storm is the natural contender).

What does that say about us?

no expression

celestialdemon
I was just wondering what the most powerful feat ever performed by a single Force user, either Good or Evil, movies or books. Thanks.

fascistcrusader
Palpatine's force storm.

Sylar
Agreed, and i would add banes force storm up there in 2nd place , but i don't think he did it by himself.

celestialdemon
I haven't read too much Star Wars Literature. What did the force storm do?

fascistcrusader
It can devastate capital ships the size of the Eclipse, lay waste to a planets surface, and actually tear the fabric of space-time.

Gideon
Emperor Palpatine's Force Storm. It's potent enough to not only devour and obliterate entire fleets of ships, but also "tear the surfaces off worlds", according to the Dark Empire Sourcebook. Palpatine demonstrates a refined control over it enough that he can transport Luke Skywalker from Coruscant into the hull of a prison ship.

Originally posted by Sylar
Agreed, and i would add banes force storm up there in 2nd place , but i don't think he did it by himself.

He didn't.

Darth Nihilus's mega-drain, the Thought Bomb, and Palpatine's single-handed ability to stifle Jedi senses across the galaxy also rank up there.

celestialdemon
Awesome info. Thanks guys.

Satauros
we woodn't add like force run or anything like that, that's all rubbish, the list wood be compiled of things such as Plagueis's manipulation of midichlorians an such

((The_Anomaly))
Windu once 'Force-ate' a whole bucket of KFC. This feat easily trumps everything else.

((The_Anomaly))
When Windu says "Dis parties ova!!!" everyone knows to back the F**k down. That how mega-badass Mace is.

Captain REX
That definitely should be considered.

no expression

Gideon, we're a bunch of blood-thirsty, morbid fanboys. That's what it says. I want to cry.

Sylar

He didn't.

Darth Nihilus's mega-drain, the Thought Bomb, and Palpatine's single-handed ability to stifle Jedi senses across the galaxy also rank up there. Ok, well i wouldn't consider nihilus attacks a mega drain, he was stated by kreia to break the bond between a force sensitive and the force it self which kills them instantly, then feeds on the death it causes.

Oh and i would add palpatines mind raping abilities up there.

Blue_Hefner
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t474985.html

Elite Hunter
^ Yea I think the 2 threads should be combined.

BaneHumper
Originally posted by Captain REX
Bugger off, Neb.

Hehe.

No.

No, as was already established by JvS, PoD, and countless reference material, it only effects force sensitive beings, and as was further explained in Ro2, only those strong in the force actually get effected.

BaneHumper

It wasn't just what he did to the inhabitants of Katarr, though, it was how he was able to do it while simultaneously holding his ship together and keeping his crew alive with the force, and how he was able to do it with what was quite clearly little time and effort, given it's said that the life on Katarr died when he spoke. Also, bare in mind that this was a weak, hungry Nihilus, that had just been moving his ship through Hyperspace.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by BaneHumper
It wasn't just what he did to the inhabitants of Katarr, though, it was how he was able to do it while simultaneously holding his ship together and keeping his crew alive with the force, and how he was able to do it with what was quite clearly little time and effort, given it's said that the life on Katarr died when he spoke. Also, bare in mind that this was a weak, hungry Nihilus, that had just been moving his ship through Hyperspace.

Rex, you know what to do with this social reject.

Elite Hunter
Then why didn't his ship fall apart once he died?

BaneHumper
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Then why didn't his ship fall apart once he died?

It did.

Darth Sexy
Uh no. The ship didn't fall apart. Try again Noobaris.

BaneHumper
Yes, it did.

BaneHumper
That's right, don't respond, and what?!

Elite Hunter
That's funny because I remember planting exploding charges on it and that caused it to fall/explode.

Captain REX
I sure do, Darth.

On the matter of Nihilus killing people with words, his lack of character depth could possibly make him that boring, to the point of killing people.

123KID
"When my Lord spoke, every living thing on Katarr died."
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/6753/nihiluszx9.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/Nik_TehPimpXor/Nihilus2.jpg

Darth Exodus
Maybe the explosives were needed to cause the ship to fall apart. And I would say that Kuns ability to transcend death is quite good, but is it the same as being a force ghost?

Tangible God
Can Force Ghost's pull people into their realm after helping their possessed student blast them with Lightning?

Darth Exodus
Mabye Luke........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.