Meet The Spartans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Outbound
hj-NEPKaNak

Someone shoot Aaron Seltzer already.

jaden101
hahaha...class.

WrathfulDwarf
I think Aaron Seltzer and Uwe Boll are in competition...to see who makes the most lamest movie EVER.

Seriously, why doesn't the writers strike harm these projects instead of the good stuff? Life truly isn't fair.

Impediment
Ugh.........

@st
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I think Aaron Seltzer and Uwe Boll are in competition...to who makes the most lamest movie EVER.

Seriously, why doesn't the writers strike harm these projects instead of the good stuff? Life truly isn't fair.

Atleast people are smart enough to avoid Uwe Boll's movies, but people will still go see this crap though. erm This kinda crap would be better served as a series of Youtube clips. Then we wouldnt care as much about how stupid it is, but dont make a whole movies worth of this stuff.

WrathfulDwarf
Seltzer is just as lame as Boll. Yet for some people Seltzer is better because he made the Scary movies....am like...And?

SpaceMonkey
Seriously, who are the people that go watch these movies??!

jaden101
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Seriously, who are the people that go watch these movies??!

well i think we can rule out Britney for starters

@st
Seltzer is just as lame as Boll. Yet for some people Seltzer is better because he made the Scary movies....am like...And?

Yeah, for some reason people think those arent awful movie. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by @st
Yeah, for some reason people think those arent awful movie. roll eyes (sarcastic)

see, i thought that most people do feel as though these are awful movies. I know people continually dupe themselves into thinking scary movie 14 will be funny in hopes of experiencing entertianing slapstick. Although, it is rare for me to meet anyone whom likes these fvcking movies...,i think its a conspiracy

Darth Martin
"Scary Movie", "Epic Movie", "Meet The Spartans"

What is happening to our American cinema these days? sick

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Martin

What is happening to our American cinema these days?

are you serious?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
are you serious? Yes

Furion
Uwe is worse. He is the worst thing ever.

D-Wag
People don't go to see these types of movies for a good story or anything like that, they go just because its stupid funny and people want a good laugh. I personally won't see this movie in theaters or even rent it, ill wait for a friend to get it before i go outta my way to get this movie smile

jaden101
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
are you serious?

fuzzy wuzzy was a woman?

Reverend Axel
This movie makes me want to stab babies in the face.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
This movie makes me want to stab babies in the face. mad

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Darth Martin

What is happening to our American cinema these days? sick

The writers are in strike and the studios are using ideas the writers wrote in a napkin while having lunch before the strike.

SkinWalker
ew.

regina414
Kevin Sorbo is in this film??

super pr*xy
yup.

Mr Parker
I remember seeing somewhere on the commercials a movie out recently that spoofs Rocky 4 where it shows Drago hitting Rocky and then Rocky dissapears in a powderey puff. laughing what is that new movie out,anybody know? I want to see it because that would have actually have been more believeable for THAT to happen than for Rocky to have lived through that pounding he took from Drago like he did. laughing as I pointed out on my Rocky thread. so can anybody help me out and tell me what that new movie is?

Impediment feel free to close this thread AFTER they give me the answer or if you know the answer.dont want to clutter it up with another Rocky thread but I figure this would be the only way I would get my answer to what the name of that movie was.

Menetnashté
Meet the spartans is spoofing rocky not sure if it's the one though

Impediment
It is.

I'll go ahead and merge to avoid confusion.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by regina414

Oh, wow! How did they get him since he is in high demand?

(don't answer I'm just acting like sarcastic a-hole)

JediSamuraiMRB
This seems a tad funny. I need a good laugh so I this delivers.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I remember seeing somewhere on the commercials a movie out recently that spoofs Rocky 4 where it shows Drago hitting Rocky and then Rocky dissapears in a powderey puff. laughing what is that new movie out,anybody know? I want to see it because that would have actually have been more believeable for THAT to happen than for Rocky to have lived through that pounding he took from Drago like he did. laughing as I pointed out on my Rocky thread. so can anybody help me out and tell me what that new movie is?

Impediment feel free to close this thread AFTER they give me the answer or if you know the answer.dont want to clutter it up with another Rocky thread but I figure this would be the only way I would get my answer to what the name of that movie was.

that was "the comebacks."

http://imdb.com/title/tt0790804/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6w3JZJH2LM

kodak
im going to see it... only because Kevin Sorbo is the man.
... come one, he was Hercules! haermm

steverules
I didn't bother with epic movie...and I won't bother with this...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by super pr*xy
that was "the comebacks."

http://imdb.com/title/tt0790804/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6w3JZJH2LM

thanks for the link.I hope that film is still playing in the theaters.I want to see that movie just for that. laughing you were wrong Impediment,its the comebacks as super just said. wink

Micheal_Myers
Terrible...The entire "movie" franchise is just a failed attempt at humor.

WrathfulDwarf
How? Just HOW did this shit get number one at the box office and made $18.5M? I'm starting to realize why the world hates America. We keep making shit like this and people pay to go see it. This is just embarassing.

bag

Röland
How? Just HOW did this shit get number one at the box office and made $18.5M? I'm starting to realize why the world hates America. We keep making shit like this and people pay to go see it. This is just embarassing.

bag
Dumb ass teenagers who are all like & quot;LOLOMGROFLTHEYMAKEFUNSOFALLTHECOOLMOVIES!111!
!1"

Wolfie
I found it funny as hell. Spoof movies require a different kind of humor. Turn your brain off, watch movies and pop culture made ridiculous (or if it's already ridiculous, moreso).

I think we have the idea of 300 to thank for the high ticket sales.

WrathfulDwarf
When the critics are far more funnier than the movie.....

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by regina414

How mighty Hercules have fallen!

SnakeEyes
When the critics are far more funnier than the movie.....

I think your grammar and sentence structure are MORE funnier. stick out tongue

ragesRemorse

bag

Yeah, im astounded to know that drivel like this has made nearly half of what old country for old men did, in only one week.

I like slapstick as much as the next guy. Im all about naked gun, caddyshack, air plane..,etc. Even more modern slapstick flicks can be quite funny, but the movies from this group are humorless. It isnt that i dont understand the humor, or see the topical referrences...,i do, but its just not funny. Watching, date movie, epic movie and meet the spartans is like watching a faultering comic on stage. It is embarrasing and uncomfortable.

steverules
It's no.1 at the box office...it beat rambo sad

grey fox
It wasn't funny.

And when it was, it was only due to being part of the fandom (Transformers) or the sheer absurdity of the subject (Break Dancing Spartans)

jeffh83

aciam
i'm sick and tired of this non-sense spoof movies.. those are just for easy money i think.

Faith27
I've heard the Meet the Spartans is number #1 on box office today...

Itzak
Originally posted by Faith27
I've heard the Meet the Spartans is number #1 on box office today...

wtf? Seriously? I think I'll go bash my head against something hard. ermmnone

Rajendra
really spoofing,they made it for fun but not the real movie though.

regina414
The return of spoof films, huh?!

Joe K
Meet the Spartans should be taken out of theatres, that was the stupiest sh!t ive ever seen.

FistOfThe North
I think some (keyword "some"wink people are saying that this movie's "not funny cause it's dumb" are saying it just to either sound/seem smart or just to go with the majority of people saying it sucks, to show that they have a cultured taste and for fear of seeming dumb to others (or peers) for liking the film.

The films not the problem, i think. The problems lies in the fear or self-humiliation of actually liking it and finding the movie (even a bit) funny. A movie that most of your influential peers find dumb, uncool, and unfunny.

And since being liked and accepted, even if it cost you, is more important than anything, more important than having your own brain you can use, and since people care more about what others think, you have animosity towards a toilet humor, cause it's safer.

Faith27
Yeap thats true..I think Kevin Sorbo wants to try if he's ok with comedy.

Rajendra
well there's no harm in trying but suddenly the movie is just made for fun...

The_Mayor
One thing to say: Highly overrated.

faithxp
I've watched its trailer., its really funny.,

Wolfie
"Date Movie and Epic Movie sucked. And now Meet the Spartans sucks too. Why do they keep making them?"

Date Movie made $48M.
Epic Movie made $39M.
Meet the Spartans is currently at $18M.

If you want these movies to stop, stop seeing them. Hollywood makes movies based on how much money they make.

Why did you guys see it if you were sure it was gonna be bad? A lot of people liked Rambo. You could've saw that. Seeing Meet the Spartans just tells them that they have your support and you're looking forward to what they just made.
Originally posted by The_Mayor
One thing to say: Highly overrated.
To be overrated, doesn't that require somebody to like it? It has a 2.5 rating on IMDb.

The_Mayor
True.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Wolfie

To be overrated, doesn't that require somebody to like it? It has a 2.5 rating on IMDb.

28 million dollars....,Someone, unfortunately has to like it cry sad

regina414
Just for laughs, peeps. Just for laughs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.