Bah! On the Olympics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/more/01/14/pistorius.olympics/index.html?section=si_latest

Yeah! I guess that if it gives him an advantage in competition...then all athletes should get amputed..that would make them more athletic and competitive.

Let the man compete....yes

jaden101
i dont think it matters cause last i heard he wasn't making the times needed to qualify for the olympics anyway...he may have improved since then though

ragesRemorse
isnt this what the special olympics is for?

botankus
I guess he'll just have to use steroids if he wants to compete.

dadudemon
Originally posted by botankus
I guess he'll just have to use steroids if he wants to compete.

laughing

LOL! That is funny on so many levels.

tabby999
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

That's what I thought, guess he hasn't got a funny enough handicap...

jaden101
Originally posted by tabby999
That's what I thought, guess he hasn't got a funny enough handicap...

what?...funny haha?...or the other funny?

cause i watched the special olympics once and there was a competitor who had perfectly functioning legs but no arms...their event?

the discus

now that was actually funny haha....i thought they were takin the piss

Kram3r

No, that's what the Paralympics are for. The Special Olympics are for those with mental disabilities.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kram3r
No, that's what the Paralympics are for. The Special Olympics are for those with mental disabilities.

yeah..you would know, because you a stupid head!!! stick out tongue

Devil King
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Yeah! I guess that if it gives him an advantage in competition...then all athletes should get amputed..that would make them more athletic and competitive.

Someone should send this story to George Lucas.

DigiMark007

dur

Fishy
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/more/01/14/pistorius.olympics/index.html?section=si_latest

They have a point though. He might easily win the paralympics but you are allowed to use things like that there. With certain technology you could probably create somebody better in almost every sport then the none handicapped people. You can't just let them compete. Have to keep it fair somehow.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Fishy
They have a point though. He might easily win the paralympics but you are allowed to use things like that there. With certain technology you could probably create somebody better in almost every sport then the none handicapped people. You can't just let them compete. Have to keep it fair somehow.

Everyone point and laugh at the communist.

Robtard

If steroids and any other performance enhancers are not allowed, I really see no reason why they should make an exception simply because he's "disabled". (this is onthe premise that they indeed do him him an advantage)

There are laws that guarantee the disabled equal rights and/or sometimes give them special or greater rights, this is only being equal to all.

Also of note, they make those sprinter blades for non-disabled people; yet they're not allowed.

KidRock
We cant be letting cyborgs in the olympics now.

It is unfair..hes half man half machine.

Faith27
I think they should have one event where all runners have prosthetic legs...

chithappens
Originally posted by Robtard
If steroids and any other performance enhancers are not allowed, I really see no reason why they should make an exception simply because he's "disabled". (this is onthe premise that they indeed do him him an advantage)

There are laws that guarantee the disabled equal rights and/or sometimes give them special or greater rights, this is only being equal to all.

Also of note, they make those sprinter blades for non-disabled people; yet they're not allowed.

This would be a disadvantage to other racers who are not "disabled" I believe though.

For example:

- In a long distance race, the person missing a few limbs would not get faigued as quickly because the oxygen does not have to go as far, maybe (simply a quick thought; I haven't looked this up.)

- Lack of wear of your knees. Anyone who has ran for a long period of time knows what I am talking about understands what I mean. After a while, you might not even be faitigued but your legs are killing you.

I'm sure there are some other things I don't know much about.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Robtard

Common sense +1.

inimalist
My friends and I had a good argument about this one. From any logical perspective, no, he shouldn't be allowed to run. The only real 'pro' argument (which I will sheepishly admit to advocating) is that he deserves the same rights as others.

That being said, Special Olympic baseball is freaking amazing.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by KidRock
We cant be letting cyborgs in the olympics now.

It is unfair..hes half man half machine.

i feel so inferior
I hope i get to lose my legs soon, i wants to be a manchine too sad

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kram3r

Oh, i did not know that. Usually, i would say thanks for pissing down my chimney, but i am honestly glad to know this.

Mr. Slippyfist
Reminds me of this...

http://visionaryrevue.com/webmedia2/jofmedia/jof.pan.359.jpg

*Ya, I'm going to Hell*

dadudemon
i feel so inferior
I hope i get to lose my legs soon, i wants to be a manchine too sad

I see what you did there... shifty

WrathfulDwarf
Oscar gets approval!

Amputee Runner wins appeal

Happy Dance

In honor to his victory...I'm going to go run 6 laps around the footbal field today.

I'll do it tomorrow...right now I'm getting lazy.

jaden101
i knew someone would dig this one up after the news about it....fair play to him...it'll cause a bit of a furore if he wins but from what i last heard his times weren't all that great compared to the best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.