Is G Gundam any good ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
I've been considering picking up a Gundam series, but the only one that looks interesting (and short enough for my tastes), is the over the top cheesiness of Dubbed G Gundam.

Any thoughts ?

Blax_Hydralisk
G Gundam was my favorite of the series.

it had a snappy theme song too.

Kero_Co
I like it better than Gundam Seed, but gundam seed is so high on my hate list that it can only be surpassed by Gundam Seed Destiny(well, and SD Gundam). The major characters are all better developed than they are in Wing, but that's not a lot compared to the characters of the UC. The Battles are fun (Not Cool, not Brutal, but Fun. Well, some are cool too). There isn't too much drama when you look outside of Domon's dilemma, and it obviously isn't meant to be too serious, even though it has it's dark moments spread here and there. There are also little bits of fan service near the end(but not the kind you're immediately thinking about).I think, what it really comes down too, is rather or not you can undermind the campyness of the whole thing, and that's why I give it a 3....................out of 5 and a 6.8 out of 10.

iceman24567
G Gundam was ok actually pretty corny compared to Wing but better than most of the others go for it.

Haruhi
Originally posted by Kero_Co
I like it better than Gundam Seed, but gundam seed is so high on my hate list that it can only be surpassed by Gundam Seed Destiny(well, and SD Gundam). The major characters are all better developed than they are in Wing, but that's not a lot compared to the characters of the UC. The Battles are fun (Not Cool, not Brutal, but Fun. Well, some are cool too). There isn't too much drama when you look outside of Domon's dilemma, and it obviously isn't meant to be too serious, even though it has it's dark moments spread here and there. There are also little bits of fan service near the end(but not the kind you're immediately thinking about).I think, what it really comes down too, is rather or not you can undermind the campyness of the whole thing, and that's why I give it a 3....................out of 5 and a 6.8 out of 10.

what didn;t you like about seed? I thought it was pretty good.

Blax_Hydralisk
I thought SEED sucked, imho.

Black Adam
THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER!

but really i have no clue. I saw the series years ago but that line is about all I remember from it.

Kero_Co
I couldn't get into the characters in Seed, Kira sucked, Fllay Sucked, Sai sucked, Yzak sucked, Creuset sucked(too much build-up for him to be just another psycho). The rest of them were just there for me. Oh well. Nicol was good, but died off, and Dearka came into his own a bit late, which squeezed some of the suck out, and there was an over use of stock footage early on that really annoyed me and pulled me out of the experience. What it really comes down to is the simple fact that I don't like most of the characters, and if you don't like the characters your not going to care what's happening around them. I know most of the character hate was intentional, but it doesn't make a difference to me.Loving 00 so far though.

Gundam Seed...
TAKE MY LOVE, MY HATE, AND ALL OF MY SORROW! BUUUUUURNING FINGER!
Perfect thing to say when your about to flip someone off.

123KID
G Gundam was awesome
it was like Gundam meets DBZ
good characters, music and English DUB too
the Devil/Dark Gundam is the best Gundam ever

grey fox
nnVCYOUB0gY

This is what intrested me.

Kero_Co
Then by all means get it. Kid is right, the english dub and the music or great. Time to boost that 6.8 to a 7.(haven't seen it in such a long time, and my memories don't normally have sound)

Shadow_King
i watched it a couple of months ago, and i would haev to say its one of my favourite anime shows.

King Kandy
There are worse animes. And better ones. You might want to give it a look. I liked it a lot but then I was like 10 at the time.

TricksterPriest
Master Asia alone is worth seeing.

IAizwLfZbUA

...........Yes, he just wrecked a mobile suit with martial arts. eek!

Blax_Hydralisk
Master Asia fecking rocked. The characters in this show were really cool, albeit not at all original.

King Kandy
Yeah Mr. Asia is a real pimp. He beat gundams with his bare hands. Just a regular person. Imagine how powerful he is in the Master Gundam.

TricksterPriest
yes He's the only character in the entire series who can control his Gundam without a mobile trace suit.

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
yes He's the only character in the entire series who can control his Gundam without a mobile trace suit.

I didn't notice that, but you're right. Though Kyoji also controlled the Dark Gundam without a suit.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by King Kandy
I didn't notice that, but you're right. Though Kyoji also controlled the Dark Gundam without a suit.

no Doesn't count. He was wired up to it and loaded with DG cells. His body was a part of the Devil Gundam.

iceman24567
Master Asia alone is worth seeing.

IAizwLfZbUA

...........Yes, he just wrecked a mobile suit with martial arts. eek! Aww they didn't show the part when he's all like "Master i missed you" and he starts tearing and crap i remember watching that after school. Happy Dance

Who else?
it's like Street Fighter, DBZ and Gundam all combined.....i loved it.

Best Gundam ever, IMO.

King Kandy
no Doesn't count. He was wired up to it and loaded with DG cells. His body was a part of the Devil Gundam.
Wired up? He was standing on it's shoulder...

TricksterPriest
...........How far into G gundam have you seen? What the f**k?

King Kandy
I know that he's merged with it later, but in the Guyana highlands he's standing on it's shoulder and still controlling it. No wires or DG cells or anything.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Who else?
it's like Street Fighter, DBZ and Gundam all combined.....i loved it.

Best Gundam ever, IMO.

Someone hasn't watched SDGundam I see.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Kero_Co
I like it better than Gundam Seed, but gundam seed is so high on my hate list that it can only be surpassed by Gundam Seed Destiny(well, and SD Gundam). The major characters are all better developed than they are in Wing, but that's not a lot compared to the characters of the UC. The Battles are fun (Not Cool, not Brutal, but Fun. Well, some are cool too). There isn't too much drama when you look outside of Domon's dilemma, and it obviously isn't meant to be too serious, even though it has it's dark moments spread here and there. There are also little bits of fan service near the end(but not the kind you're immediately thinking about).I think, what it really comes down too, is rather or not you can undermind the campyness of the whole thing, and that's why I give it a 3....................out of 5 and a 6.8 out of 10. wow you think g is better than seed/destiny, you are the only one then. the creators of g are crying themselves to sleep due to embarrassment

Akuma Killer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Someone hasn't watched SDGundam I see. What happened to that show?

laughing out loud Super Deformed Gundam, I loved that show

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by psycho gundam
wow you think g is better than seed/destiny, you are the only one then. the creators of g are crying themselves to sleep due to embarrassment

Seed was pathetic.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Seed was pathetic. what was bad about it, and try to avoid kira's crying cause thats to easy

Blax_Hydralisk
Kira's general bitchy'ness.

Linkinpark200
Seed really did suck they did not use the gundam's until the 2nd episode!Notice that G and Wing get to use there gundam's on the 1st episode.Ive only seen G and Wing ang and seed and SD are there more gundam show's?

Kero_Co
Gundam (dubbed)
Gundam 08th Team (dubbed)
Gundam 0080 (dubbed)
Gundam 0083 (dubbed)
Zeta Gundam (dubbed)
ZZ Gundam
Char's Counter Attack (dubbed)
V Gundam
G Gundam (dubbed)
Gundam Wing (dubbed)
Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
Gundam Seed (dubbed)
Gundam Seed Destiny (dubbed or being dubbed)
Gundam 00

I left out some OVAs and Movies but that's the meat of it all.

AC/DC'S_LVR
g gundam and gundam wing were the better two spin offs of the gundam series especially gundam wing: endless waltz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.