Has anybody ever been on a cruise?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
Well, I'm going on my late honeymoon to the West Caribbean for a week as of this Friday. We will be going to Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Cozumel, Mexico; Cayman Islands, and some private island called Princess Cay, it's owned by Princess cruise lines. I can't friggin' wait. I need a vacation.

Anybody else go on a cruise? I highly recommend them.

MR.Grum
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Well, I'm going on my late honeymoon to the West Caribbean for a week as of this Friday. We will be going to Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Cozumel, Mexico; Cayman Islands, and some private island called Princess Cay, it's owned by Princess cruise lines. I can't friggin' wait. I need a vacation.

Anybody else go on a cruise? I highly recommend them. <_< west ehy you might meet some of my friends and family tip them nicely you rich bastard<_<

Wålshy
i went to barbados on a cruise from florida when on holiday, there was a thunderstorm though so it was dodgy.

got a rastaferian hat when we got there big grin

Grinning Goku
Noez.

Neo Darkhalen
I have been on a cruise.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by MR.Grum
<_< west ehy you might meet some of my friends and family tip them nicely you rich bastard<_<

Trust me, I'm not rich, I just pay my credit card off before I charge more stuff. embarrasment

DarkC
I have, when I was very young. I barely remember it now. sad

Neo Darkhalen
To Denmark.

=Tired Hiker=

Wålshy
I've been to Barbados twice, we go to this beach by the Hilton, it's amazing.

bet ya didnt get a rasta hat

=Tired Hiker=

chillmeistergen
I haven't been on one, though I turned down an offer to go on one to Alaska, it seems to me to be the most narrow minded way to travel. I'd far rather fly to the places and fully explore them with a week in each place, or more, than have scheduled stops.

BobbyD

Anybody else go on a cruise? I highly recommend them.

TH, I've been on a couple myself. Yes, they are a blast. $ for $ the best value when it comes to taking a vacation. Cozumel will be fun. And make sure you see the Stingrays at the Cayman Islands.

Ironically, my wife and I will set sail in 3 weeks for the other side. We'll be on the western shores of Mexico...Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vaerta.

I dare you to try and not gain weight. big grin

Reverend Axel
Axel Fear # 328: Cruise Ships.

Röland
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
Axel Fear # 328: Cruise Ships.

Roland Fear # 432: Homeless people

Neo Darkhalen
I've been to Barbados twice, we go to this beach by the Hilton, it's amazing.
Where to?

Denmark.

Tempe Brennan
I've been on a boat to Rotnest Island, just off Western Australia. Not really a cruise, but at least we got to travel over sea.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I haven't been on one, though I turned down an offer to go on one to Alaska, it seems to me to be the most narrow minded way to travel. I'd far rather fly to the places and fully explore them with a week in each place, or more, than have scheduled stops.

I can tell you've never been on one. So did you end up flying to Alaska and spending a week in each place? I doubt it. For me, a cruise is a great way to escape, it's more of a vacation for relaxation. You do have the option of exploring each port if you want, or you can just stay on the ship. If I wanted to explore a place of interest in more detail, I'd fly there for sure. Cruises serve their own purpose. I have backpacked in Alaska and I have also seen Alaska from a ship. Trust me, you missed out.

Phat_Crabs
We gon miss you, pres.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Phat_Crabs
We gon miss you, pres.

Damn you, Phat Crabs!!!!! I know you are either one of two people. Shouldn't you be wrapping up wires in the studio? shifty

Piggle Humsy
I really want to go on a cruise but I won't go on one until I can afford a really good one.

So i'll probably never go on one haermm

Have fun naughty

chillmeistergen
I can tell you've never been on one. So did you end up flying to Alaska and spending a week in each place? I doubt it. For me, a cruise is a great way to escape, it's more of a vacation for relaxation. You do have the option of exploring each port if you want, or you can just stay on the ship. If I wanted to explore a place of interest in more detail, I'd fly there for sure. Cruises serve their own purpose. I have backpacked in Alaska and I have also seen Alaska from a ship. Trust me, you missed out.

Not as of yet, though Alaska wasn't really on my list of places to go. Instead I went round Indonesia for a month.

=Tired Hiker=
Sounds like a nice trip. Did you backpack around?

chillmeistergen
Sounds like a nice trip. Did you backpack around?

Yeah, stayed mainly in hostels, surfing cottages and bungalows. Easily the best trip I've done yet.

=Tired Hiker=
How were the waves?

chillmeistergen
How were the waves?

Fantastic, best I've surfed, the Rip Curl open was in Bali while I was there as well, so I got to share some waves at Kuta and Uluwatu with pros.

=Tired Hiker=
Then when you get to Cali you'll have to hit up Mavericks near San Francisco, or Steamer's Lane in Santa Cruz, waters cold, but So Cal is a bit warmer. But from what I hear, the waves are better in No Cal.

Anyway, as far as cruising is concerned, I can see how you'd think it's narrow minded if you were actually trying to EXPLORE a place.

chillmeistergen
Then when you get to Cali you'll have to hit up Mavericks near San Francisco, or Steamer's Lane in Santa Cruz, waters cold, but So Cal is a bit warmer. But from what I hear, the waves are better in No Cal.

Anyway, as far as cruising is concerned, I can see how you'd think it's narrow minded if you were actually trying to EXPLORE a place.

Yeah I've seen footage of both and both look absolutely quality to surf, but scary as well. If I have enough money left I may surf Mexico as well.

LilyMaree
How much is it costing you, Tired Hiker? confused

Discos
My parent have been on about 12 or 13 cruises during their lifetime, and they are still only 40.

I aint been on one, yet. I would love to go on one though but I aint got no one to go with, it aint something you would go with your mates and I aint going myself. Next time I meet a woman I will go on one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.