how useful would a jedi be 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
If the accompanied the explorers in avp 1
and the towns people in avp 2?

Blax_Hydralisk
Jedi solo's this.

Rogue Jedi
Any Jedi, even a Padawan, would pwn a Predator or an Alien.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Nah. I couldn't see some random pussy Padawan take down a Predator.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Nah. I couldn't see some random pussy Padawan take down a Predator. Lightsabers cut through anything, the Jedi have force powers. All a Padawan would have to do is force push them off a cliff, or somersault over them and behead them.

SnakeEyes
I'm just saying, I Pred wouldn't stand out in the open and let them do that. By the time a Padawan realized what was going on, he'd have a spear through his chest.

fascistcrusader
The Padawan could sense the predator through the force, so the predator's cloaking device and sneaking tactics wouldn't help it, and it couldn't defend againt the force. The padawan would take out a pred no problem.

SnakeEyes
You guys seriously underestimate a Predator's abilities.

And in addition overestimate a Padawan's.

fascistcrusader
No, we're looking at it objectivley. There's just no way a simpleton hunter like a predator is going to take down someone who knows where it is at all times and can hurt it from afar.

Think of it as a good martial artist vs Professor X. Sure, by our standards the martial artist is a badass, but the professor is simply too much for him to handle because of his special powers.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'm just saying, I Pred wouldn't stand out in the open and let them do that. By the time a Padawan realized what was going on, he'd have a spear through his chest. A Padawan is trained from birth to sense malice and intent, he/she would see the attack coming long before the Predator had a chance to finish it.

Originally posted by fascistcrusader
The Padawan could sense the predator through the force, so the predator's cloaking device and sneaking tactics wouldn't help it, and it couldn't defend againt the force. The padawan would take out a pred no problem. Indeed.

Rogue Jedi
No, we're looking at it objectivley. There's just no way a simpleton hunter like a predator is going to take down someone who knows where it is at all times and can hurt it from afar.

Think of it as a good martial artist vs Professor X. Sure, by our standards the martial artist is a badass, but the professor is simply too much for him to handle because of his special powers. yes Predator is pwnt.

SnakeEyes

Think of it as a good martial artist vs Professor X. Sure, by our standards the martial artist is a badass, but the professor is simply too much for him to handle because of his special powers.

That is a ridiculous comparison.

Honestly. In no way is this fight similar to a martial artist versus Professor X.

Even without the element of surprise, A Predator would pwn a simple Padawan learner. Most Padawans haven't even seen combat. I'm not saying that a Padawan would be bad in a fight, so don't misconstrue it that way.

A well-trained bounty hunter with a shitload of effective weapons versus a well-trained Padawan learner armed with a saber. Obviously, the Padawan will lose after a decent fight. It is hard for me to see why you guys believe that a common Padawan could take down one of the most skilled hunters in Sci-Fi.

It's like pitting a Padawan against Jango Fett.

fascistcrusader
Now that's a ridiculous comparison. Comparing Jango Fett to a Predator is like comparing an African bushman hunter with a spear to an American hunter with top of the line modern equipment. Predator's are painfully primitive compared to Star Wars, they are nothing like the bounty hunters of the GFFA who have more sophisticated tools and are used to fighting opponents with high tech weaponry who can think.

Predator's have trouble with modern humans, they would be easy pickings to a bounty hunter, and a padawan Jedi would slaughter them like cattle.

SnakeEyes
Predators have trouble with Arnold and Danny Glover. Hardly regular humans. wink

fascistcrusader
Maybe to us, but Arnold and Danny are still weaksauce compared to even a padawan.

Rogue Jedi
Now that's a ridiculous comparison. Comparing Jango Fett to a Predator is like comparing an African bushman hunter with a spear to an American hunter with top of the line modern equipment. Predator's are painfully primitive compared to Star Wars, they are nothing like the bounty hunters of the GFFA who have more sophisticated tools and are used to fighting opponents with high tech weaponry who can think.

Predator's have trouble with modern humans, they would be easy pickings to a bounty hunter, and a padawan Jedi would slaughter them like cattle. yes

jedi-sith-force
well, even an apprentice would slaughter predators and if he had mind trick power then would be easier (a jedi not a sith... for a sith apprentice this would be boring)

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

QFT

Man of Christ
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
QFT

i think it depends on how far along the padawan is. if were talking about padawans who are on aotc anakin or tpm obi wan's level then i see the predator going down but a predator would have a day at the beach with wet-behind-the-ears padawans like the kids on coruscant in rots.

StarKiller20
lightsabers cant cut through anything example

Cortosis
Phrik
Armorweave
Sith Alchemy
Mandalorian iron
Orbalisks

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by StarKiller20
Mandalorian iron

Tell that to Exar Kun and Caedus who broke a mandalorian's armor by tapping it with the hilt of the lightsaber.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Man of Christ
i think it depends on how far along the padawan is. if were talking about padawans who are on aotc anakin or tpm obi wan's level then i see the predator going down but a predator would have a day at the beach with wet-behind-the-ears padawans like the kids on coruscant in rots.

Those kids in RotS weren't Padawans, they were younglings. Jedi ranking goes like this,

Youngling -> Padawan -> Knight -> Master

You don't become a Padawan until you've gained a Master.

sweersa
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Those kids in RotS weren't Padawans, they were younglings. Jedi ranking goes like this,

Youngling -> Padawan -> Knight -> Master

You don't become a Padawan until you've gained a Master.

Yoda in ATOC: "The padawan is right."

Didn't Yoda say this to Obi-Wan in regards to one of the younglings?

Tangible God
Originally posted by sweersa

Didn't Yoda say this to Obi-Wan in regards to one of the younglings? He was likely just being arbitrary.

Jbill311
Originally posted by Tangible God
He was likely just being arbitrary.

I was under the impression that that was yoda's most recent apprentice.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by sweersa

Didn't Yoda say this to Obi-Wan in regards to one of the younglings?

Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith: "He... killed younglings."

Did he not straight up say that they were, in fact, younglings?

Sesse
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith: "He... killed younglings."

Did he not straight up say that they were, in fact, younglings?

Same guy who moments later said "You were my brother, Anakin!"?
Obi said many things he would regret later...

Tangible God
AOTC: "Younglings. Younglings!"

Moments later: "The Padawan is right." Not my Padawan, so it wasn't Yoda's personal student or anything.

It's either a contradiction or an arbitrary statement.

Ahsoka Tano
Typical Lucas contradiction. I wonder if Lucas knows what's really going on.

Darth Martin
Depends is the lightsabers can cauterize the open wounds of the Xenomorphs.

LOL at the fact that Jedi would have no trouble with Yautja.

truejedi
man we really do talk about everything in cycles, dont we?

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Jbill311
I was under the impression that that was yoda's most recent apprentice.

It was Whie, wasn't it?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
It was Whie, wasn't it? Ha. Haha. Ha.

Red Nemesis
i... i dnt undrstnd?

Technine
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Depends is the lightsabers can cauterize the open wounds of the Xenomorphs.

LOL at the fact that Jedi would have no trouble with Yautja.

HAHA I was thinking this to. Just imagine a jedi looking at the alien thinking that it is a easy fight. Slash of the lightsaber and oh no jedi covered in very corrosive acid killing him instantly. Yeah but seriously I am a bit devided on this one but im thinking along these lines Jedi>Predator
Predator>Padawan
please notes my choices are based on the fact that they go into the temple/pyramid with the same knowledge as the explorers

mattatom
Would their corrosive blood splatter though? Would it perchance be instantly evaporated as the wound is cauterised? As in the films when Anakin and Luke have thier respective hands cut off, they're not seen bleeding.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.