Hard core metal with FEMALE vocalists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lara
Common guys share your knowledge!

I know of very few bands with female vocalists and am looking for more to add to my collection so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Evanescence
(not very hard core I know but I've added them for the hell of it!)

Flyleaf

Paramore (not metal more christian rock)

Lacuna Coil

dislike:

Nightwish

Avril lavigne

Within Temptaion

so there you go that my list exhausted! Please educate me!
I'll listen to any thing a few times before settling and taste, the harder and harsher the music the better as long as it is audiably ledgeable laughing out loud

I look forwards to the replies big grin

Df02
I know I don't shut up about em but...

Chrome Hoof!

Metal with a female vocalist, but doubt you'd like em.

Lara
ok thanks I'll check them out.

Nellinator
Please do not associate any of those bands with anything "hard core".

SelphieT
Arch Enemy, of course.

Tempe Brennan
You don't like Within Temptation? You don't like Nightwish? *grabs hammer and smashes heads in*

I'm insulted.

Arch Enemy are good, I'd say them. Leaves Eyes, perhaps? Tristiana?
Delain are another good one to check out, also MacBeth Band.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by SelphieT
Arch Enemy, of course.

Seconded. I saw them live at Gigantour. The vocalist sounds like Skwisgaar's mom when she talks.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Bardiel13
Seconded. I saw them live at Gigantour. The vocalist sounds like Skwisgaar's mom when she talks.

Oh god that's hot.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by Bardiel13

Angela Gossow, I think it's spelled. She has an awesome voice, demonic sounding

tabby999
The only time i've heard a scream that genuinely didn't sound like a woman could make it was from Otep (from the band Otep coincidentally)

General G
Oh my god, I have the perfect band for this then, I have been listenning to them non-stop and they are awesome, it is mostly or all the time depending on the song a female doing the singing, just remember you listen to a whole song before you come with an opinion. They are called "The Agonist" and have mystified me.

Tempe Brennan
^ Will check them out, I am always on the lookout for female fronted rock bands. smile

StyleTime
Try Kittie or Otep.

tabby999
Oh yeah, Jack Off Jill are pretty intense too, not hardcore really, but very catchy and very offensive.

Tempe Brennan
Kittie, Otep, Jack Off Jill - female fronted, male fronted, or both?

BackFire
I only like when women scream during sex (or rape). During music, a woman screaming sounds like like nails on a chalkboard than the rough, vicious vocals they want it to sound like.

During a metal song, if it must be a woman singing, I'd rather it be soft feminine vocals. There's something about the mesh of loud hard music with a soft sweet-sounding voice that I kinda like.

General G
Then The Agonist is for you also, she does both. wink

Lady Fox
Originally posted by Lara
Common guys share your knowledge!

I know of very few bands with female vocalists and am looking for more to add to my collection so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Evanescence
(not very hard core I know but I've added them for the hell of it!)

Flyleaf

Lacuna Coil

dislike:

Nightwish

Avril lavigne

Within Temptaion

so there you go that my list exhausted! Please educate me!
I'll listen to any thing a few times before settling and taste, the harder and harsher the music the better as long as it is audiably ledgeable laughing out loud

I look forwards to the replies big grin

Tarja was an awesome singer for Nightwish no expression

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by BackFire
During a metal song, if it must be a woman singing, I'd rather it be soft feminine vocals. There's something about the mesh of loud hard music with a soft sweet-sounding voice that I kinda like.

You need to listen to some Nightwish, then. smile

@LadyFox: Yes, Tarja was a great singer for Nightwish! I am sorry she has left, I'd prefer her over Anette anyday.

Impediment
Evanescence

Lacuna Coil

Avril lavigne

These bands, while fronted by female vocalists, are anything but metal, muchless Hardcore.

Arch Enemy is fronted, in my opinion, by the best and most gutteral of females, Angela Gossow. Good listening there.

Otep is hard, but I went to a live show, and Otep's vocals were horrible, almost as if her growls were studio enhanced.

I also went to a Kittie show once (regrettably) because I was bored and was with friends. Not only were Morgan Lander's vocals horrible, like she had a mouthful of steaming cock, but the bands presence was nothing short of a high school cover band.

In my opinion. smile

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by Impediment
I also went to a Kittie show once (regrettably) because I was bored and was with friends. Not only were Morgan Lander's vocals horrible, like she had a mouthful of steaming cock, but the bands presence was nothing short of a high school cover band.

In my opinion. smile

You are entitled to it. I haven't heard anything from Kittie, but have heard they are alright. I will take your opinion into account. stick out tongue

tabby999
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
Kittie, Otep, Jack Off Jill - female fronted, male fronted, or both?
All female singers

Bardiel13
Originally posted by SelphieT
Oh god that's hot.

It would've been hotter if not for those intimidatingly XBOX HUEG balls slapping between her knees. They put the entire crowd to shame. I felt like less of a man after that show ;_;

Lamb of God was the best set, though.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by tabby999
All female singers

Thank you. Now, are these bands rock/metal?

SelphieT
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
Thank you. Now, are these bands rock/metal?

Otep is metal, Kittie is almost like Nu-metal, not sure how to describe them, but Jack Off Jill? No idea. Probably rock.

Lara
I said "hardcore"in the opening post because that is what I'm after, also the bands named are only the ones that I know of.

Most of my collection is very mild and I've found over time my taste has differed and I'm always after something deeper and harsher, and female vocalists that can hold their own against the likes of Dani Filth in a growl-off get my admiration. Not only that its not a very advertised genre where I am, so I thought where better to ask than here at KMC.

I dont get to hear much by way of what I've asked and what I do here is usually off movie sound tracks.

I've heard some of Kittie's stuff and I'm not overly fussed with it, its ok for background noise lol

thanks for the suggestions guys, keep'em rolling I'll be sure to check them out.big grin

Blax_Hydralisk
Linkin Park has the best female vocalist.

Tempe Brennan
Lara, there's a website called Sonic Cathedral, I think - it's got a long list of metal/rock bands, female fronted mostly, but there is a huge range of artists, if you haven't heard of the website.
I am pretty sure it's Sonic Cathedral...

tabby999
I said "hardcore"in the opening post because that is what I'm after, also the bands named are only the ones that I know of.

Most of my collection is very mild and I've found over time my taste has differed and I'm always after something deeper and harsher, and female vocalists that can hold their own against the likes of Dani Filth in a growl-off get my admiration. Not only that its not a very advertised genre where I am, so I thought where better to ask than here at KMC.

I dont get to hear much by way of what I've asked and what I do here is usually off movie sound tracks.

I've heard some of Kittie's stuff and I'm not overly fussed with it, its ok for background noise lol

thanks for the suggestions guys, keep'em rolling I'll be sure to check them out.big grin

Dani Filth is a over hyped wanker, so holding your own against him isn't really much to shout about...

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Linkin Park has the best female vocalist.

Best answer in the thread.

Cory Chaos
Otep is more or less a female Fred Durst who hates men.

If we're talking truely hardcore metal, then Candyce from Walls of Jericho gets my vote.

General G
Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swVZBColybY

tabby999
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
Otep is more or less a female Fred Durst who hates men.

If we're talking truely hardcore metal, then Candyce from Walls of Jericho gets my vote.

If you look closely you'll find Fred Durst is female, he just tapes down his boobs.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by tabby999
Best answer in the thread.

I am WIN!

Now excuse me while I go bleed it out.

AsbestosFlaygon
Iwrestledabearonce

Bloodlined Calligraphy

Walls Of Jericho

Light This City (RIP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.