Conspiracy Forum Rules - PLEASE READ!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Welcome to the Conspiracy forum.

Listed here are a few minor guidelines and things that I feel all visitors and regulars of the Conspiracy section should keep in mind while posting here. It is in the best interests of the section and will improve its quality.

Rule #1:
Your Opinions are your own and you may not force them upon others.

Whether you are labeling someone as sheep for believing the lies of the government or calling somebody completely insane for believing in the conspiracies...well, you really shouldn't be doing that. It is intended that you post your opinions and discuss the conspiracies, rather than bash others for not buying into the truth, whatever that truth may be.

Rule #2:
The threads started must be about conspiracies!

This section was created solely for the purpose of discussing conspiracies and only conspiracies, whatever form they may take. Threads here are not meant for chattering about politics (though political conspiracies definitely) or whatnot. Keep on the topic of conspiracies.

Rule #3:
Your threads must contribute something!

When you post a thread, you may not simply pull the 'I found this video about a conspiracy, here is the link' card and leave it at that. It is expected that, when you post the link to a video on Youtube or an article on another site that you also give background to WHY you're posting the link, what you think about it, and what you think should be discussed. Simply posting the link and buggering off until others reply is bogus and does not contribute in any way, shape, or form.

Rule #4:
Please do NOT plagiarize the works of other conspiracy theorists.

It occurs to me that every other thread posted in the Conspiracy Forum is simply a reposting of an article written by a notable conspiracy theorists. This is PLAGIARISM and is PUNISHABLE BY LAW. And so all threads opened with plagiarized material will be closed. Repeat offenders will be warned.

Rule #5:
Please keep discussions of the same topic to one thread, not ten.

If you're going to discuss something, keep all the discussion in one specific area of the Conspiracy section, rather than spreading it out all over the section. If I felt like counting the 9/11 threads in this section, I would find dozens, if not hundreds, all talking about the same... exact... thing. Some of them may even have been started by the same exact people!

Note: There may be, at some point, a clean-up drive performed by the moderators to bind all these spread-out threads together, so that there would be threads like 'The 9/11 Conspiracy' and 'The Moon Landing Conspiracy,' rather than multiple threads about each.

Enjoy your discussions, and remember, keep it civil.

lord xyz
Nice thought out rules, may I add another?

Rule #5:
Try to summarise your theories etc. into as little posts as possible, this is not a spam forum.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I would object to the so called rule 5.

If a person's theory takes up 10 words it only takes up 10 ten words. If it takes up 10,000 it takes up 10,000- people should not be limited in what they post because some users are lazy.

However, there should be a rule that threads which are kept alive only by one poster who posts at length and get no response from other uses are closed.

Evil Dead
why not just request nuclearwinter be banned? same thing....

Doom and Gloom
What about threads moved here that aren't conspiracies?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
What about threads moved here that aren't conspiracies?

If a Mod has moved it, it has been moved.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
If a Mod has moved it, it has been moved. That's the kind of mindset which is why there is so much misery in the world.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
What about threads moved here that aren't conspiracies? Contact the mod that moved it and state your reasons for why you think it doesn't belong there and maybe if you make good points it will be moved back.

Captain REX
Indeed. If you feel a thread has been wrongfully moved, please tell me.

Also, added a new rule. Rule #4 became Rule #5, and the new #4 deals with plagiarism because every other thread in here is a reposting of articles. That's not okay, that's plagiarism.

lil bitchiness
Plagiarism is using someone's work and passing it off as their own, not quoting it.

If I quote Marx, I am not plagiarising from him, I am using his idea to show my agreement and/or prove a point or start a discussion.

All major conspiracy theories are already polemicized by major conspiracy theorists. Unless person specifically indicates that it is her or his idea when it isn't and it can be traced, then its a plagirism. Otherwise, it really isn't.

Equally, intellectual property must be someone's. Hear-say and rumors of aliens are hardly plagarism.

If I talk of someone else's ideas, and NOT quote or provide source can, ironically, be viewed by author and law, as plagarism.

Mr Parker
thats something we have tried to tell him around here but he wouldnt listen.When people like Winter,Deano and others have copied and pasted something,they never have claimed it to be their own work.LOL.

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by Bardock42
Contact the mod that moved it and state your reasons for why you think it doesn't belong there and maybe if you make good points it will be moved back.
I like that but I have not seen that happen...and as much as I might be hurt for this I think ole rex does okay....this forum is a painful one..lol...it would suck to have to mod this place...if your not getting shot at in here your not doing your job..lol....winters copy/paste ....and deanos r kewl makes read and look into things...I like everybody!! (in a str8 way)...peace to all keep posting just dont bash our bosses! ( 2 much anyways hehe)

tegbaru
No sane/rational person in the right frame of his mind believes this story. Why is this happening? Isn't it weird? Why the US Consular Officers are corrupt???!!!? Why the US Consular Officers in Ethiopia are so much corrupt? In 2007, the Chief Consular Officer by the name Daniel Gershator, Esq. Consular Chief U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2005-2007 was receiving as a bribe 20 to 30 thousands dollars per visa. This same man, Mr. Daniel Gershator, was rejecting DV winners application to sell for others with forged documents. Mr. Daniel finally dismissed from his job but he is enjoying the crime money in Newyork. I met him once and did spit on his face. Why is that the US government doesn't prosecute him. Is it birds of same feather flock together?

Badabing
Hey all. I know this forum isn't very active. But a few forum mods have been made global mods. So let me know if anything needs done around here.

PaulsHomeAlone
If I have read a theory in a book, can I repsit the theory for other to discuss?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.