mutation advancement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade76
Some muatnst have undegone not so much an evolution or secondary mutation but their abilities advancing to a new stage

Rogue gained briefly template recall
Threnody apparently has developed the ability to manifest the abilities of dead heroes
beast ,well we know what that is

Havok devloping flight and an energy shield

Wht logical progression to a power would you give to

Wolverine
Storm
cyclops
Nightcrawler and the other x-men

hugekent
Good thread.

I'm struggling to think how to advance any of those though. Maybe Wolverine could develop minor healing powers or something. Storm can't really go any further, she's already borderline Omega.

starlock
Wolverine-Ability boost-Str & agility
Storm -Body transformation-Electricity/elemental control-fire,water etc
cyclops-Force field/solar energy boost-power or duribility
Nightcrawler -Gateway/lightning speed

Just some off the top of my head

cyberborg84
Originally posted by blade76
Wht logical progression to a power would you give to

WolverineVery limited. Wolverine's powers don't really lend themselves to being amped. The main power, regeneration, has already been amped as far as it can go (nigh immortality) in the past. Making it true immortality doesn't seem like going far enough.

Aside from that, probably superhuman senses. Sortof like a Superman/Daredevil hybrid, but probably without all the goofy vision powers.

Increased fine control to the point where she can manipulate water/air/electricity/ect. at the molecular level and combine it with manipulation of thermal energy to vastly increase her already obscenely versatile powers. Maybe some increased ability to channel such forces through her body as well.

Vastly increased energy absorption, similar to Bishop. Probably increased control over his energy beams, including the ability to bend/guide, split apart into multiple beams, raise forcefields, and lift objects like a tractor beam. Some better fine-control tricks ala Heat Vision. Basically Green Lantern-lite.

Nightcrawler, hmmm. The most immediately logical one to me would be the ability to teleport into other dimensions, not just from place to place here. Possibly teleport others or objects from a distance without having to touch them, and even control how much of said target he's teleporting, which can be set up as a reeeeaaaallly nasty offensive attack. Maybe open up portals/worm holes for others.

And for other X-Men, I'll tackle Colossus. I'm thinking absorption of other metallic objects in order to increase his size, which would be an appropriately nice take on his moniker. Perhaps even a kind of personal magnetic field which would allow him to attract repulse metal and other like fields, including screwing up other EM/magnetic powers.

jdea
Wolverine-Senses further advanced, maybe on a superman level

Storm-Weather abilities augemted to manipulate solar weather patterns, such as meteor showers, control of the o-zone layer itself or for a longshot gravity itself

cyclops-Energy drain to further strengthen himself (added stregth durability, speed and optic blasts)

Nightcrawler-a boost in teleportation range or maybe the abilityt to open tele-portals like Blink thus teleporting others w/o physical contact

rox
What logical progression to a power would you give to

Wolverine: have him able to regrow lost body parts
Storm:have her actually go beyond controling elements and have her turn into the elements
cyclops: actually able to control the blast
Nightcrawler: have him able to teleport objects psionically

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.