Hulk is super fast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IceMan2008

WrathfulDwarf
no expression no expression no expression

no expression dur no expression

Newjak
So does this mean that Hulk will become a light speeder
shifty

Bad Ash231
edit

Galan007
If "fast" = "gay", then yes...... Hulk is quite "Super". ermmhappy

Bad Ash231
A week from now, in another Jeph Loeb interview:

"Jeph stated that because of his increased anger, the Red Hulk could now fly"

after another week

"In Hulk #3, the Red Hulk has developed a new power - the ability to shoot laser beams out of his eyes"

continuing

"Jeph Loeb has told to us about his new intentions and we saw a preview- the Red Hulk is going to battle a being that scars his chest in a way it can't be healed...why...the scar looks almost like an "S"...hmm."

SuperiorTech
The madder hulk gets the faster hulk gets.

Newjak
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
A week from now, in another Jeph Loeb interview:

"Jeph stated that because of his increased anger, the Red Hulk could now fly"

after another week

"In Hulk #3, the Red Hulk has developed a new power - the ability to shoot laser beams out of his eyes"

continuing

"Jeph Loeb has told to us about his new intentions and we saw a preview- the Red Hulk is going to battle a being that scars his chest in a way it can't be healed...why...the scar looks almost like an "S"...hmm." laughing

I was actually thinking more along the lines

Of him all of sudden growing spikes from his Body. Becoming a mindless tool of destruction. And being able to come back from death stronger than before. stick out tongue

grey fox
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

One of These Things Is Not Like The Other, One of these things just doesn't belong.

shifty

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by grey fox
One of These Things Is Not Like The Other, One of these things just doesn't belong.

shifty

Ohhhh....someone got it!

You get a cookie.

*gives cookie to grey fox*

Kutulu
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
The madder hulk gets the faster hulk gets.

In a way it makes sense for Hulk to be fast though. His entire bodyweight would be like a feather in comparison to his strength.

Newjak
Don't eat it fox it's poisoned.

And while I don't like the Hulk as much as other people do I do kind want to see what type of speed level they will amp up to?

Kutulu
Originally posted by Newjak

And while I don't like the Hulk as much as other people do I do kind want to see what type of speed level they will amp up to?

Well if he looks like a blur to Extremis Iron Man, who has reactions times pretty high up there (got a huge upgrade in reflexes / reaction time during the Extremis saga), then it would have to be pretty fast.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Kutulu
In a way it makes sense for Hulk to be fast though. His entire bodyweight would be like a feather in comparison to his strength.

Red= no

Shh!! shifty

roughrider
We already have a thread about the Red Hulk here, WD. How about merging this one?

Erik-Lensherr
Lulz.

They're trying really hard to upgrade Hulk in order to go toe to toe with characters such as Superman or the like. This supposed 'speed upgrade' is ridiculous.

Marvel must've been reading lots of Superman vs Hulk debates and I think they were like "Hey, we've gotta do something about that. Let's make him fast and be able to punch a Watcher in the face. Yeah .. that'll do it. And since we're at it, let's change his appearence, try to make him cooler. Is red fine ? Oh, okay. "

laughing out loud

Newjak
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Lulz.

They're trying really hard to upgrade Hulk in order to go toe to toe with characters such as Superman or the like. This supposed 'speed upgrade' is ridiculous.

Marvel must've been reading lots of Superman vs Hulk debates and I think they were like "Hey, we've gotta do something about that. Let's make him fast and be able to punch a Watcher in the face. Yeah .. that'll do it. And since we're at it, let's change his appearence, try to make him cooler. Is red fine ? Oh, okay. "

laughing out loud And what exactly is wrong if that is what they're doing erm

Bad Ash231
laughing

I was actually thinking more along the lines

Of him all of sudden growing spikes from his Body. Becoming a mindless tool of destruction. And being able to come back from death stronger than before. stick out tongue

Why not both? dur

Kutulu
And what exactly is wrong if that is what they're doing erm

Because the Superman fanboys won't like a Marvel character approaching the big S.

grey fox
*Looks at cookie*

Hmmm....

*Mails to Joey Q*

Anyway....while the long term may be annyoing the short term seems to be pretty good ? Am I right ?

*T*
I hope Hulk gets upgraded enough to beat Superman. The only downside would be the annoying fanboys.

llagrok
Hmm, wonder how fast they'll make him.

Because the Superman fanboys won't like a Marvel character approaching the big S.

Aah, so there are no Marvel characters that can measure up to Superman?

Now who's the Superman fanboy? dur

Rewmac
That's it Hulk Speedblitz finisher...I wonder when does he start to teleport, warp reality, slow time, wield power cosmic and shoot gamma out of his ass....

Rewmac
Because the Superman fanboys won't like a Marvel character approaching the big S. I don't get it what's the point of hating Superman fans? I sense you're a Hulk fan, do you like the way the mess up the character you idolise?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Rewmac
That's it Hulk Speedblitz finisher...I wonder when does he start to teleport, warp reality, slow time, wield power cosmic and shoot gamma out of his ass....

Why stop there?

We can add Virtual Omnipotence, Enhance Magical Mysticism, Soul Trap, Divine Clarivorance, etc...

The Incredible Red with Grey and Green World War Hulk Super Magical Prime!

RGGWWHSMP! dur-w00t

Erik-Lensherr
And what exactly is wrong if that is what they're doing erm

no expression

Erik-Lensherr
Flash fast.

Maybe he'll be able to steal others's speed and the like.

They're been some rumors floating around concerning something called "Anger force". laughing out loud

Seriously, am I the only one finding this pathetic ?

Alfheim
Flash fast.

Maybe he'll be able to steal others's speed and the like.

They're been some rumors floating around concerning something called "Anger force". laughing out loud

Depends on how you sell it...anger force sounds wack. Call it something else it could work.

IceMan2008
Lulz.

laughing out loud
The Hulk does not need super speed to kill Superman. See Doomsday.

IceMan2008
Originally posted by *T*
I hope Hulk gets upgraded enough to beat Superman. The only downside would be the annoying fanboys.

WWH would erase Superman and The Justice League all at once.

IceMan2008

You fear the hulk beating your dc fav

IceMan2008

Sentry is way powerful than Superman and he lost to the Hulk.

llagrok
Originally posted by IceMan2008
The Hulk does not need super speed to kill Superman. See Doomsday.

Doomsday has super speed. See Doomsday.

Erik-Lensherr
The Hulk does not need super speed to kill Superman.

Like this stupidity wasn't enough, you come up with this to prove your point ..

See Doomsday.

Wait..

You're the sock.

Nevermind then. smile

roughrider
If we can all remember this Red Hulk is not Banner - it's the Son of Banner. So stop b*tching about upgrades & such.
Hulk was already capable of super running speed before, anyway. Not Flash or Quicksilver speed, but fast.

ankur29
Originally posted by roughrider
If we can all remember this Red Hulk is not Banner - it's the Son of Banner. So stop b*tching about upgrades & such.
Hulk was already capable of super running speed before, anyway. Not Flash or Quicksilver speed, but fast.

precisely ,banner hulk should have like the ang lee interpration of running speed 100 - 200mph

Kutulu
Originally posted by roughrider

^^ Co-signed. People are already bitching about what a BRAND NEW CHARACTER can do, simply because he has Hulk in his name!

Tony Stark
Lulz.

laughing out loud

confused

Wouldn't that be a downgrade...?

confused

grey fox
Why stop there?

We can add Virtual Omnipotence, Enhance Magical Mysticism, Soul Trap, Divine Clarivorance, etc...

RGGWWHSMP! dur-w00t

Simply turning into him causes the entire universe to collapse in on itself and LT to cry blood .

Bad Ash231

no expression

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/bio-hyperion.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/gladiator.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Sentryflysupermnalike.png

Newjak
no expression I'm not really a Hulk fan either but if they choose to give Hulk or a Hulk-like character Super Speed it really is their choice.

As for the rest while it is funny you guys are blowing it out of proportion. The Hulk is getting Super speed, Oh look they are going to turn him into Superman, how dare they.

First, you guys don't even know what level of Super speed he will have.

Secondly, DC has borrowed from Marvel before and vice-versa for a long time.

Thirdly, Super speed is a generic power in general anyways. Would most people cry if all of a sudden Superman could shoot hand blasts along with Heat Vision?

Or would people cry if Aquaman got a Healing Factor. Or if Batman got a degree of Super Strength.

Kutulu
I'm not really a Hulk fan either but if they choose to give Hulk or a Hulk-like character Super Speed it really is their choice.

As for the rest while it is funny you guys are blowing it out of proportion. The Hulk is getting Super speed, Oh look they are going to turn him into Superman, how dare they.

First, you guys don't even know what level of Super speed he will have.

Secondly, DC has borrowed from Marvel before and vice-versa for a long time.

Thirdly, Super speed is a generic power in general anyways. Would most people cry if all of a sudden Superman could shoot hand blasts along with Heat Vision?

Or would people cry if Aquaman got a Healing Factor. Or if Batman got a degree of Super Strength.

Watch out, they'll call you a Hulk fanboy for daring to suggest that Hulk can improve, even though you think that he loses most fights. Happened to Bada-bing, can happen to you. big grin

The funny thing about Red Hulk is that he's a new character for all intensive purposes, yet people are already complaining about him.

Seriously guys - new character. Just because he has Hulk in his name doesn't mean you can dictate what powers he has, because he doesn't fit into what your definition of him is.

*T*
I like the idea of it.

Finally I can go back to my childhood days of thinking Hulk can win.

Disappear

that isn't how speed works. i don't know how many more times i'll need to explain this.

strength is largely measured by the slow-twitch muscle fibers, which are used to lift heavy weights and which contract slowly and smoothly. these are far and away the predominate muscle fiber in hulk's physiology. speed is determined by fast-twitch muscle fibers, which contract in quick jerking motions, as well as a natural coordination and the speed and efficiency of electric signals from the brain. strength does not equal speed. hulk being as strong as a mountain wouldn't make him any faster than a turtle, necessarily. if anything, the large amount of slow-twitch fibers, giving him the musclebound physique we've all come to know, would make it much more difficult for him to properly coordinate the movements for running, let alone at super speeds.

and before this "but he can leap great distances, which naturally requires a fast initial speed to overcome gravity, wind resistance, etc" argument comes up, here's how that works. you don't need many fast-twitch fibers to throw a heavy weight. have you seen the world's strongest man contests, where they chuck kegs some twenty feet in the air? the same body-wrenching principles they use to complete that motion are all hulk needs, with the added inclusion of his calf muscles. it doesn't take much, really.

i'm just sick of hearing this argument.

anyway, if batman got super-strength, people would likely get a bit pissed. he's meant to be the ultimate street-leveller of the DCverse, and amping him beyond that would be bothersome to his image.

King Kandy
I don't get what's the big deal. So he's fast now... what of it?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
no expression

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/bio-hyperion.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/gladiator.gif

Fixed!

Newjak
Fixed!

313 I see what you did there uhuh

Rewmac
Why stop there?

RGGWWHSMP! dur-w00t Exactly, damn how could I forget...

Rewmac
Originally posted by King Kandy
I don't get what's the big deal. So he's fast now... what of it? Did you read World War Hulk or any another big Hulk comic? His jobber aura isn't big enough let's give him some powers...So he can beat characters who normally would pwn him...That's why I start to hate The Hulk comic writers...

King Kandy
And? At least if he's fast his victories might make a bit of sense.

StylishSmurph

Or would people cry if Aquaman got a Healing Factor. Or if Batman got a degree of Super Strength. If Superman got any more powers, people would be even more pissed than they are in this thread.

If Batman got any powers granted by a source other than his own training (and not training like DBZ shit), people would be freaking and sending letter bombs to DC. The idea of Batman is largely in the fact that he has no powers.

I would like the Aquaman one however. Mainly because I don't care that much about what's integral to his character not to have. For many, he's not popular enough. Not on a Hulk level, anyways.

Badabing

no expression no expression no expression laughing

King_Mungi
Or would people cry if Aquaman got a Healing Factor.

*cough* He has one *cough*

strengthkills

Get em Loeb Happy Dance Happy Dance evil face

King_Mungi
I prefer Superman over Hulk, but I do like the Hulk and really don't mind if he gets a boost. I'll see where this goes

strengthkills
Originally posted by *T*
I like the idea of it.

Finally I can go back to my childhood days of thinking Hulk can win.

He could always win. erm

strengthkills
Originally posted by Disappear
that isn't how speed works. i don't know how many more times i'll need to explain this.

strength is largely measured by the slow-twitch muscle fibers, which are used to lift heavy weights and which contract slowly and smoothly. these are far and away the predominate muscle fiber in hulk's physiology. speed is determined by fast-twitch muscle fibers, which contract in quick jerking motions, as well as a natural coordination and the speed and efficiency of electric signals from the brain. strength does not equal speed. hulk being as strong as a mountain wouldn't make him any faster than a turtle, necessarily. if anything, the large amount of slow-twitch fibers, giving him the musclebound physique we've all come to know, would make it much more difficult for him to properly coordinate the movements for running, let alone at super speeds.

and before this "but he can leap great distances, which naturally requires a fast initial speed to overcome gravity, wind resistance, etc" argument comes up, here's how that works. you don't need many fast-twitch fibers to throw a heavy weight. have you seen the world's strongest man contests, where they chuck kegs some twenty feet in the air? the same body-wrenching principles they use to complete that motion are all hulk needs, with the added inclusion of his calf muscles. it doesn't take much, really.

i'm just sick of hearing this argument.

anyway, if batman got super-strength, people would likely get a bit pissed. he's meant to be the ultimate street-leveller of the DCverse, and amping him beyond that would be bothersome to his image.

Are you saying the worlds strongest men have very few "fast twitch muscle fibers"? :l

Do any strongman exercise in that competition besides Farmers walk and I bet you that without training for power aka explosiveness aka what fast twitch muscle fibers are for,and I bet you cant do it,at all.

But I also know what you are saying and don't mean to take away from your point,Shane Hammond is 5'9 and 350lbs with a 35 inch vertical,doesnt mean he is fast but I bet you he is one big quick bastard.

Horrificus
Thank heavens they were able to find a writer that can screw up the Hulk series even further!
And, I didn't think it was possible.
Great! First he becomes a Zen-Hulk.

Now, we have a fast, Red Hulk with a gun.

Oh, how I miss the old, slow-minded Hulk, fighting gigantic monsters, and surprising cosmic-beings.

strengthkills
Originally posted by Horrificus
Thank heavens they were able to find a writer that can screw up the Hulk series even further!
And, I didn't think it was possible.
Great! First he becomes a Zen-Hulk.

Now, we have a fast, Red Hulk with a gun.

Oh, how I miss the old, slow-minded Hulk, fighting gigantic monsters, and surprising cosmic-beings.

Zen?

Creshosk
Originally posted by strengthkills
Zen? WWH, being able to appear calm by focusing that rage he feels to make himself even stronger... ?

It kinda fits...

StylishSmurph
Zen Hulk is also known as Banner Hulk... able to keep all the strength as Banner, but gets weaker as he gets madder... I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.