Your character's low showing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Merlyn
Inspired by the "Who do you rep" thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=474098& amp;highlight=firestorm+forumid%3A95+userid%3A9873

most characters, no matter who they are, have had low showings at some point in their carreer. So let's just bring them out in the open, (if they aren't already).

The idea is to just list the lower showings/embarassing moments the character(s) you represent have had over the years...

I'll start.... Surfer and the arm-bar incident, and the Dracula b*tchslap...

You turn. smile

Martian_mind
Soon,as Slippyfist posts,I'm good.

Galan007
I like this idea. thumb up

Seems like a lot of people act as though their favorite characters are unstoppable, no matter what the circumstance.

There's no reason to be ashamed of some of their more embarrassing moments..

Take Firestorm,
He's been pwned, via super-breath alone:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1435/mosxs7.th.jpg

Granted it was Superman 1M's breath -- but still an embarrassing moment for a FS fan. lol

grey fox
Firestorm once got his ass kicked by a Native American stereotype...

Galan007
Originally posted by grey fox
Firestorm once got his ass kicked by a Native American stereotype... Keywords.

Think of the ramifications, had FS won. eek!

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan007
Keywords.

Think of the ramifications, had FS won. eek!

Lulz

willRules
There was that time TOAA forgot to blink and countless billions of worlds were destroyed......

Then it was realised that it wasn't a mistake and he didn't do that, as he's infallible.......

Galan007
Really?

Or do I just have a huge "G" stamped on my forehead?

Bad Ash231
Apocalypse... disintegrated by Black Bolt.

Merlyn
Really, i didnt know that? u have scans?

llagrok
House of M.

Neo Darkhalen
Gargan as Venom
Scream disappearing
Mysterio returning from the dead with half a face
Phoenix not really being Phoenix anymore
Apocalypse downgraded

Faceman
Originally posted by Merlyn
Really, i didnt know that? u have scans?

here you go pal....

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/paladin_04/blackboltfeat16gt.gif

Newjak
Juggernaut once got stuck in cement and that is how Spider-man defeated him

It hurts just to say it sad

NiņoAraņa
OMD no expression

Nuff Said. sad

Val
LOL @ some of these examples

Yeah, getting wrecked by Superman M* and Black Bolt is so embarrassing.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Newjak
Juggernaut once got stuck in cement and that is how Spider-man defeated him

It hurts just to say it sad

Or the time Nightcrawler threw a lantern in his face, and he said it hurt him.sad

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Or the time Nightcrawler threw a lantern in his face, and he said it hurt him.sad laughing laughing laughing

Newjak
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Or the time Nightcrawler threw a lantern in his face, and he said it hurt him.sad I know sad

Laminator_X
Hawkeye:
Jobbing to U.S. Agent back in WCA
Letting an imprisoned Wrecking Crew get one up on him

I actually give him a pass for dying in Avengers Dissasembled. He didn't get die in a freak stuck buckle/jetpack accident, he was murdered by the Scarlet Witch's Hex Power.

pr1983
Cyclops - Marrying Jean. Yeah, i said it... stick out tongue

Mindship
...everytime the Surfer is knocked off his board and falls, especially when he has that worried look on his face. What a wuss...

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Val

Yeah, getting wrecked by Superman M* and Black Bolt is so embarrassing.

Except Apoc has looked better against Black Bolt before.

Citizen V
He shouldn't have done. ermm

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Hawkeye:
Jobbing to U.S. Agent back in WCA
Letting an imprisoned Wrecking Crew get one up on him

Errrr...what?

Symmetric Chaos
My favorite characters have no low showings. All the things that make them look bad are PIS and you darn well know it!

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Citizen V
He shouldn't have done. ermm

Blub blub?

Citizen V
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Errrr...what?

Co-signed.

US Agent handed Hawkeye his ass fair and square. (It's not like Clint stood much chance with the enhancements Agent has anyways)

Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Blub blub?

B-Black Bolt?

Val
Except Apoc has looked better against Black Bolt before.

I'd be willing to bet losing to Black Bolt isn't near Apoc's lowest showing.

xmarksthespot
Now dodging a thrown table on the other hand... that's just sad.
Originally posted by pr1983
Cyclops - Marrying Jean. Yeah, i said it... stick out tongue Emma - Doing Cyclops... shifty stick out tongue

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Val
I'd be willing to bet losing to Black Bolt isn't near Apoc's lowest showing.

It's the only one that comes to mind...

Originally posted by xmarksthespot

He recently smashed up a table...

Kutulu
Originally posted by Mindship
...everytime the Surfer is knocked off his board and falls, especially when he has that worried look on his face. What a wuss...

That's funny, especially given that he survives falling into a black hole and comes out unharmed.

That's one of the true tests of a character's durability, kind of ridiculous of course. You'd have to assume that the characters in question didn't go too close to the singularity in it's center. Surfer being the exception of course since he can shrink his body into the microverse just by willing it.

Val
It's the only one that comes to mind...

Symmetric Chaos

Having reflexes is a bad thing now?

Kutulu
Galactus getting knocked down by the Thing and Reed Richards.

I mean yeah he's super hungry and they basically made him as hungry and weak as possible in the storyline for the heroes to stand a chance, but c'mon:
* Survives black holes with no effect
* Sits in the heart of a sun when it goes supernova with no effect
* Gets attacked by advanced space force armada when attacking the Skrull homeworld, plus a race of beings that can shape change into people just like the Thing, and ignores them like they're insects.

Yet here he is on Earth getting knocked over by the Thing... ugh.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Val

What makes avoiding an object a low showing...?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Having reflexes is a bad thing now? A low showing of intelligence... or just being pussified... take your pick...

Anyway, Emma Frost was pinned down by an ordinary woman in diamond form, stabbed by a vibranium knife and bled for some reason.

Val
What makes avoiding an object a low showing...?
What makes losing to a character more powerful than he is a low showing?

Bad Ash231
A low showing of intelligence...

Oh yeah.

Apoc came off as enormously stupid in that Namor annual.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Val
What makes losing to a character more powerful than he is a low showing?

What character?

Black Bolt?

It's like I said, he has withstood Black Bolt's attacks before.

xmarksthespot
Oh yeah.

Apoc came off as enormously stupid in that Namor annual. I don't think Namor particularly cares if he's underwater. 313

batdude123
Anyone under Spectre level surviving a batkick...

Symmetric Chaos
A low showing of intelligence... or just being pussified... take your pick...

What exactly is stupid about "Hey look a table! I think I'll move out of the way rather than be melodramatic about it." Not everyone has to let heavy object smash into them just because they can.

Bad Ash231
I don't think Namor particularly cares if he's underwater. 313

laughing

ExodusCloak

Anyway, Emma Frost was pinned down by an ordinary woman in diamond form, stabbed by a vibranium knife and bled for some reason.

I think being hit by a rock and then being called a prostitute is worse. no expression

xmarksthespot
What exactly is stupid about "Hey look a table! I think I'll move out of the way rather than be melodramatic about it." Not everyone has to let heavy object smash into them just because they can. The whole, base will collapse if I move thing you've kind of omitted. But I said you could take your pick if you don't like the intelligence option.Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I think being hit by a rock is worse and then called a hooker is worse. no expression Forgot about that. Was that during the Chuck Austen issues?

Val
What character?

Black Bolt?

It's like I said, he has withstood Black Bolt's attacks before.
Yeah, I understand that but losing to a character of similar or greater power just simply isn't his lowest showing. That'd be like me listing the time Hal lost to Sinestro as his lowest showing.

In the case of Apoc, hanging with BB is probably one of his better showings if anything.

ExodusCloak
Forgot about that. Was that during the Chuck Austen issues?

Yep. How can any one hate Austen shifty

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Yep. How can any one hate Austen shifty Then it doesn't count. "Chuck Austen doesn't count." I'm pretty sure it's written somewhere in the rules.

StylishSmurph
Originally posted by batdude123
Anyone under Spectre level surviving a batkick... Anyone under Spectre level is your character?

Anyways...

Black Bolt not disintegrating Apoc with his attack.

ExodusCloak
Then it doesn't count. "Chuck Austen doesn't count." I'm pretty sure it's written somewhere in the rules.

- Exodus's Brotherhood

- Paige having sex with Angel in front of Ma Guthrie.

- The Draco

You ever read this? Here's where he went wrong:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=6669

CBR: So, with those kind of negative comments from message boards and all, with the fake Chuck Austen blog last year, did it get to you? How do you deal with that? With the anonymity of the Internet, people often say things they wouldn't say in real life.

Austen: Oh absolutely, they say things they wouldn't say to my face. I heard someone the other day equate the Internet with "Lord Of The Flies." I have to agree. The negativity rises to the top. It just degrades, attacks and tears down. Before long, we'll all wind up like poor Piggy. How much did it bother me? Well obviously enough that I stopped going online. I used to enjoy going on websites and contrary to popular opinion, before I took over X-Men, I used to troll the websites. I trolled a lot of Iron Man websites before I pitched "U.S War Machine" so I could find out what they liked, what they wanted and, honest to God, the direction I chose for X-Men came from every X-Men website I went to: who is dating whom, who is friends with whom, etc. It's all about the relationships, teams, leader and such that everyone was saying they wanted. I took all this stuff very, very seriously and when it all started getting ridiculous, and I got death threats, I decided that this is just comics and not to get worked up about it. I would go online after I'd worked for the whole day and read these attacks and go inside and just be seething with anger because of the cruel and pointless things people would say about me, and I couldn't stop thinking about it, which wasn't fair to my family.

That's why I decided to stop going on the websites and start having fun, instead. Mike Marts suggested it, and he was right. Do something better with my time, and I might enjoy life more. Even though other people wanted to keep talking that way about me, I didn't have to wallow in it. But even though, eventually, it may not have been affecting me on a personal, emotional level, it did affect my job. I wasn't doing anything with Marvel when I went to DC and I got fired because some store owners are fans who hated me. That was brutal. So, of course I was depressed because no one, and I mean no one, wants to get fired or lose their job for any reason. You always want it to be your choice. I had plans, I had stories I wanted to tell in the next several issues of "Action," and instead they got this J.D Finn character to do it instead, who did a lot of things they said they didn't like me doing: the guest stars, too much stuff going on. They specifically wanted me to create more villains for Superman and I had gone out of my way to make Gog into someone potent and they go, and in one issue, turn him into some hero at the end, I think, didn't they? Everything I did was rendered pointless. So yeah, I had some bad times. But in the long run it was the best thing for me and probably for the industry .

Laminator_X
Errrr...what? (Re-Hawkeye's lo--shos)

He went one on one with U.S. Agent when he returned to the Avengers West after his "Armored Hawkeye" period. He managed to not do much intelligent with his arrows and then proceeded to ditch his gear and try to take Walker down bare-handed. He did show some spirit though.

Humorously enough given other posts in this thread, his beating at the hands of the Wrecking Crew after he walked too close to the cage that was holding them was during Chuck Austen's run on Avengers. (Of course hooking up with the Wasp during the same period might constitute a high showing as well. wink )

Hawkeye's lo-shos usually involve him loosing his cool and doing something stupid. He has periodic attacks of CIS.

Galan007
Originally posted by Val

Yeah, getting wrecked by Superman M* is so embarrassing. But..... it was still just his breath..... and he was very weak at the time.
herbhappy

King_Mungi
(Re-Hawkeye's lo--shos)

He went one on one with U.S. Agent when he returned to the Avengers West after his "Armored Hawkeye" period. He managed to not do much intelligent with his arrows and then proceeded to ditch his gear and try to take Walker down bare-handed. He did show some spirit though.

Humorously enough given other posts in this thread, his beating at the hands of the Wrecking Crew after he walked too close to the cage that was holding them was during Chuck Austen's run on Avengers. (Of course hooking up with the Wasp during the same period might constitute a high showing as well. wink )

Hawkeye's lo-shos usually involve him loosing his cool and doing something stupid. He has periodic attacks of CIS.

I'll ask are you familar with US Agent or the Crew? Like really he has no chance against them when they are not suffering from CIS/PIS

Laminator_X
I'll ask are you familar with US Agent or the Crew? Like really he has no chance against them when they are not suffering from CIS/PIS

Allow me to refer you to the Hawkeye respect thread.

When Clint keeps his wits about him, he takes apart whole teams and stands up to gods.

King_Mungi
Allow me to refer you to the Hawkeye respect thread.

When Clint keeps his wits about him, he takes apart teams stands up to gods.

Hawkeye stands no chance against a non-jobbing Wrecking Crew

US Agent

Faceman

US Agent

Well he did beat She-Hulk... big grin

Blair Wind

US Agent

Hawkeye doesnt. Hawkeye's arrows however.... ermm

xmarksthespot
Isn't the thread about low showings, like really low low...

E.g. Kyle Rayner, Zatanna and Flash vs Deathstroke during Identity Crisis... inverse ninja law.

Galan007
Isn't the thread is about low showings, like really low low...

E.g. Kyle Rayner, Zatanna and Flash vs Deathstroke during Identity Crisis... inverse ninja law. I'd almost forgotten about the 'finger crunch'... shifty

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Faceman

Don't forget he solo'd the Abomination as well.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Faceman

US Agent one-shotted Ronan erm

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Hawkeye doesnt. Hawkeye's arrows however.... ermm

Not only is the crew bulletproof, but they can generate shields around them. So really..no chance

pr1983
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
- Exodus's Brotherhood

- Paige having sex with Angel in front of Ma Guthrie.

- The Draco

You ever read this? Here's where he went wrong:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=6669

CBR: So, with those kind of negative comments from message boards and all, with the fake Chuck Austen blog last year, did it get to you? How do you deal with that? With the anonymity of the Internet, people often say things they wouldn't say in real life.

Austen: Oh absolutely, they say things they wouldn't say to my face. I heard someone the other day equate the Internet with "Lord Of The Flies." I have to agree. The negativity rises to the top. It just degrades, attacks and tears down. Before long, we'll all wind up like poor Piggy. How much did it bother me? Well obviously enough that I stopped going online. I used to enjoy going on websites and contrary to popular opinion, before I took over X-Men, I used to troll the websites. I trolled a lot of Iron Man websites before I pitched "U.S War Machine" so I could find out what they liked, what they wanted and, honest to God, the direction I chose for X-Men came from every X-Men website I went to: who is dating whom, who is friends with whom, etc. It's all about the relationships, teams, leader and such that everyone was saying they wanted. I took all this stuff very, very seriously and when it all started getting ridiculous, and I got death threats, I decided that this is just comics and not to get worked up about it. I would go online after I'd worked for the whole day and read these attacks and go inside and just be seething with anger because of the cruel and pointless things people would say about me, and I couldn't stop thinking about it, which wasn't fair to my family.

That's why I decided to stop going on the websites and start having fun, instead. Mike Marts suggested it, and he was right. Do something better with my time, and I might enjoy life more. Even though other people wanted to keep talking that way about me, I didn't have to wallow in it. But even though, eventually, it may not have been affecting me on a personal, emotional level, it did affect my job. I wasn't doing anything with Marvel when I went to DC and I got fired because some store owners are fans who hated me. That was brutal. So, of course I was depressed because no one, and I mean no one, wants to get fired or lose their job for any reason. You always want it to be your choice. I had plans, I had stories I wanted to tell in the next several issues of "Action," and instead they got this J.D Finn character to do it instead, who did a lot of things they said they didn't like me doing: the guest stars, too much stuff going on. They specifically wanted me to create more villains for Superman and I had gone out of my way to make Gog into someone potent and they go, and in one issue, turn him into some hero at the end, I think, didn't they? Everything I did was rendered pointless. So yeah, I had some bad times. But in the long run it was the best thing for me and probably for the industry .

austen's superman had very high points, and very low ones too...

Blair Wind
US Agent one-shotted Ronan erm

Not only is the crew bulletproof, but they can generate shields around them. So really..no chance

Hawkeye has beat Moonstone, and various others with trick arrows that defy physics. So yea...he could ermm

The Pict
Wolverine being made to act like a little boy, climbing up trees for safety and cutting little figures out of pink paper, in Astonishing X-men was pretty low. Nothing he could have done about it though, I suppose.

Charlotte DeBel
Emma Frost getting a brick to the face from angry mob.

llagrok
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Emma Frost getting a brick to the face from angry mob.

I think getting tossed out the window was worse.

Charlotte DeBel
No, the brick is a PIS of the PIS- given that Emma is an expert in manipulating crowds, she was portrayed in comic relief- "whore-smashing" fashion there.

Tony Stark
IM unable to handle a "little" lightning...

Charlotte DeBel
I don't get how it's the low showing- it's from his battle with Thor, right?

llagrok
Originally posted by Tony Stark
IM unable to handle a "little" lightning...

It's not really a little lightning.

And it was right after he had gotten smashed..

Tony Stark

Yeah THOR #3

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Come on... It's just Odinforce THOR not holding back anymore.

IM tougher than that.

wink

Blair Wind

Thors lightning?
http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magiclightningabsorbedau1.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lightningboostuv3.jpg

Human Torchs Nova Blast?
http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=absorptionnovablastsh6.jpg

Just a few examples of why energy is nothing to Ironman ermm

edit: Though I will admit...Odin Force Thor might be a bit much. Tony needs to make a damn Reality Gem armor already mad

King_Mungi
Hawkeye has beat Moonstone, and various others with trick arrows that defy physics. So yea...he could ermm

Wrecker has one-shotted Hulk, Bulldozer one-hit Dr.Strange, and Wrecker has energy blasts that can rip a hole in reality. erm

SuperiorTech
Thors lightning?

Human Torchs Nova Blast?

edit: Though I will admit...Odin Force Thor might be a bit much. Tony needs to make a damn Reality Gem armor already mad

Thor smacked ironman pretty good before that his armor had suffered damage and was doing repairs just before he got hit with the lightning also it did mention something about detecting an electro magnetic pulse.

Newjak
Thors lightning?

Human Torchs Nova Blast?

edit: Though I will admit...Odin Force Thor might be a bit much. Tony needs to make a damn Reality Gem armor already mad There is no indication this is Odinforce Thor.

Besides we all know Thor throughout his history has always held back against mortals. IM was just the first unlucky bloke to meet Thor when he decided to layith the smackith downith.

BUSTER1
Spiderman getting beaten, in a fist fight by the Hitman, a normal human who served in Vietnam with Punisher. That was ridiculous!!

llagrok
Thors lightning?

Human Torchs Nova Blast?

Damn, that is some strong bias.

Originally posted by BUSTER1
Spiderman getting beaten, in a fist fight by the Hitman, a normal human who served in Vietnam with Punisher. That was ridiculous!!

Agreed.

Bad Ash231
Besides we all know Thor throughout his history has always held back against mortals.

*cough*Hulk*cough*

shifty

Newjak
*cough*Hulk*cough*

shifty Why do think Thor doesn't just turn Hulk into Helium stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Apokolips now. sad IMO, Darkseid's worst showing in awhile. and the only one in recent memory with no extenuating circumstances or PIS. Great arc for Supes and the Aegis, bad arc for DS. Only upside is it showed DS can control souls.

Someone, I think it was illagrok, mentioned Identity Crisis and Deathstroke. IMO, that's one of the few things in DC you have to give almost everyone a pass for. Slade gets a pass on alot of shit that could be considered PIS on closer scrutiny. So losing to him isn't really a low showing.

Orion during Morrison's run on JLA. One of the few things that 'The Mad Scotsman' really botched.

batdude123
Why do think Thor doesn't just turn Hulk into Helium stick out tongue

Because he can't.

AFAIK, the only reason Thor was able to "transmute" Absorbing Man into helium was because of the nature of his powers.

It's the same reason why he was able to turn Creel into wind when he tossed a tornado in his direction.

Tony Stark
Thors lightning?

Human Torchs Nova Blast?

No doubt bring on the Reality Gem armor and combine it with a bit of the asgardian element (THORBUSTER) and we could have some fun.

Newjak
Because he can't.

AFAIK, the only reason Thor was able to "transmute" Absorbing Man into helium was because of the nature of his powers.

It's the same reason why he was able to turn Creel into wind when he tossed a tornado in his direction. So I missed the part where you know he simply had Absorbing man come into contact with Helium.

Oh no what excuse he actually made Helium from nowhere. That is transmutation no matter which way you cut it batdude wink

StylishSmurph
Black Bolt getting captured by Skrulls.
Mr. Sinister getting killed by Mystique.

sad

KharmaDog
Wood piercing Sasquatch and taking him out.
That was one of the lamest things I's seen in a while.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by StylishSmurph
Black Bolt getting captured by Skrulls.
Mr. Sinister getting killed by Mystique.

sad Domino getting killed by Beak. It'll happen. You know it.

batdude123
So I missed the part where you know he simply had Absorbing man come into contact with Helium.

Oh no what excuse he actually made Helium from nowhere. That is transmutation no matter which way you cut it batdude wink

Correct, but AM's power works in an entirely different fashion than Hulk's. The nature of Creel's power allowed him to be turned into helium as well as wind (among other things). It wouldn't happen to Hulk if Thor tried the same thing, obviously.

So I really don't get the profound point you're trying to make here.

Newjak
Correct, but AM's power works in an entirely different fashion than Hulk's. The nature of Creel's power allowed him to be turned into helium as well as wind (among other things). It wouldn't happen to Hulk if Thor tried the same thing, obviously.

So I really don't get the profound point you're trying to make here. My point is that Thor has already transmutated Matter to create something new.

Hulk is Matter. stick out tongue

batdude123
Right, but the only thing I've seen Thor truly transmute is his wardrobe.

That doesn't exactly mean that he'd be able to do it to Hulk. 313

Besides, against the Hulk, if Thor had the choice to transport him to another dimension or bust him in the face with Mjolnir strikes, he's gonna take option 2 every single time.

Symmetric Chaos
Besides, against the Hulk, if Thor had the choice to transport him to another dimension or bust him in the face with Mjolnir strikes, he's gonna take option 2 every single time.

Spoken like a true fanboy.

llagrok
- Thor using 2 swings to break Magneto's shield
- Wolverine using all 3 claws on Mangeto

batdude123

I don't see how this correlates... even in a joke-like manner.

Originally posted by llagrok
- Thor using 2 swings to break Magneto's shield
- Wolverine using all 3 claws on Mangeto

Thor didn't break Magneto's shield with Mjolnir strikes. He absorbed it.

xmarksthespot
I don't see how this correlates... even in a joke-like manner. Spoken like a true fanboy.

vin

Symmetric Chaos

vin

Get out of my head no expression

xmarksthespot
Get out of my head no expression Make me, Nancy! shock

Symmetric Chaos
Make me, Nancy! shock

I spell in Nancee.

StylishSmurph
Domino getting killed by Beak. It'll happen. You know it. I'll prepare my letter bomb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.