Are we just killing time for the sake of killing time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
Aside of eating, sleeping, and drinking water, why do we do anything else?

Bardock42
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Aside of eating, sleeping, and drinking water, why do we do anything else? Cause we enjoy it or have to do it to be able to do things we enjoy.

Grinning Goku

Life would eventually become unbearable. You can do all of those things while locked up in a dungeon. Eventually you'd go insane, at least I would.

Symmetric Chaos

Because we're wired that way. We get pleasure from other activities which we cannot get purely from satisfying biological needs.

Cornlady
We do other things, because, we love to do them or we have to do them, as the second poster said.

Shakyamunison

Sex!

DigiMark007
Are we just killing Hiker for the sake of killing him?

I think so. Sorry buddy. We wouldn't, but well....we're bored.

*slays*

*makes a sammitch*

Storm
People have certain needs or wants, which motivates them to act in order to satisfy those needs. What motivates one person will leave another cold.

Cap'n Happy
That strikes me as a sad point of view. Food, sleep, shelter- this is what you need in order to keep the body alive, sure, but the only REASON to live is in all the other stuff we fill our time with. Friends and family, love and joy. Anger and pain, laughter, crying. Art and music are not necessary in any way to biologically sustain life, yet I could not imagine life with them. No, we aren't just wasting time... we're just living.

John Lenon said it best:
"Life is what happens when your busy making other plans."

ragesRemorse

maybe conquest is instinctual to humans frusty

Personally, i dont do much more than eat, sleep and shit. For the past three years ive done nothing but spend my days online, watching TV, masturbating and moving from sofa to lazy boy because i got numb ass pain. I dont work. I sleep 13 hours and spend 10 hours of the day waiting to get tired enough to go back to sleep. Even though ive been surprisingly content doing nothing. There is always an unexplainable urge to actually do something with my life and brave the unkown. I cant explain that feeling other than being instinctual confused But, pot and lsd help to quell that raging inner voice demanding change.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.