Elfen Lied is awful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Painful, absolutely horrible. How can people stand to read this crap? The dialogue kills brain cells and laughs while doing it. How on Earth did it gain a following?

Sol Valentine
I found it to be an excellent show.

But the first episode laugh out loud.

Zeal Ex Nihilo

InnerRise
Wow.....that's unusual that the show is ahead of the Manga.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....l

Grimmjow
& the show sucks too.

Black Adam
I hated both the show and the manga.

the intro was ****ing fantastic though...

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by Black Adam
I hated both the show and the manga.

the intro was ****ing fantastic though...

Because of naked ladies?

Black Adam
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Because of naked ladies?

I was going to say the music and the art style..

Becci
Elfen Lied is a masterpiece smile

Sol Valentine
The first episode was ****in' hilarious. Death and dismemberment everywhere!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Painful, absolutely horrible. How can people stand to read this crap? The dialogue kills brain cells and laughs while doing it. How on Earth did it gain a following?

Why read it? Just look at the people get torn apart smile

Haruhi
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo

I know you're full of crap when you actually think the anime is better than the manga. =)

Blax_Hydralisk
Yes, because obviously no one is allowed to have opinions except for you. =)

Haruhi
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Yes, because obviously no one is allowed to have opinions except for you. =)

An opinion is one thing. Ignorance is another.

The fact is, EL manga IS better. More story coverage, better character development, better pacing/plot and an actual ending. I'm guessing you didn't read all the way through.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Haruhi

The fact is, EL manga IS better.

No it's not. Maybe I don't want more story coverage and character development. Maybe to me the pacing is fine.

Now what?

Becci
An opinion is one thing. Ignorance is another.

The fact is, EL manga IS better. More story coverage, better character development, better pacing/plot and an actual ending. I'm guessing you didn't read all the way through.

If you do not think Elfen Lied anime had an ending, maybe you should watch it again smile

Haruhi
No it's not. Maybe I don't want more story coverage and character development. Maybe to me the pacing is fine.

Now what?

Have you even read the manga? I've actually read all the way to the end and, yes... it's better. Not an opinion. You can like one more than the other, but don't be so ignorant to say it's actually better - because it isn't. If you do, we go back to point A... you're full of crap. Or are ignorant. Take your pick. Comparing the EL anime to the manga is like comparing the Rurouni Kenshin anime to the Rurouni Kenshin manga. One is CLEARLY better than the other.

Becci : I actually love Elfen Lied, the anime. It's one of my favourite. But the manga is just better. Anime leaves way too much open and it concluded in the most half-assed manner.

Blax_Hydralisk
Have you even read the manga? I've actually read all the way to the end and, yes... it's better. Not an opinion. You can like one more than the other, but don't be so ignorant to say it's actually better - because it isn't. If you do, we go back to point A... you're full of crap. Or are ignorant. Take your pick. Comparing the EL anime to the manga is like comparing the Rurouni Kenshin anime to the Rurouni Kenshin manga. One is CLEARLY better than the other.

White people are also superior to black people. You can like one more then the other, but don't be so ignorant to say it's actually better.

C WAT I DID THAR?!

Haruhi
White people are also superior to black people. You can like one more then the other, but don't be so ignorant to say it's actually better.

C WAT I DID THAR?!

In other words, you didn't read it. Nice. Why are you posting about having an opinion when you have none to begin with on the subject? o_O;

Manga > Anime.

Until you know what you're talking about, don't waste your time, sugar.

Symmetric Chaos

Becci : I actually love Elfen Lied, the anime. It's one of my favourite. But the manga is just better. Anime leaves way too much open and it concluded in the most half-assed manner.

Stop being an idiot.

Good and Bad are always opinion.

Blax_Hydralisk
Prove Manga> Anime. I'm honored that you find me sweet.

After this is all over, can we have make-up sekz?

Haruhi
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Stop being an idiot.

Good and Bad are always opinion.

The New England Patriots are good football team. Opinion or not? If you say it is, then you're an idiot.

Duh. And when was this ever a discussion about what's good or bad? It's about what's better - in which case, the manga is.

I already did. More character development, more story explanation, more emotional, more evenly paced. And an ending that actually has closure, not that to be continued crap.

Blax_Hydralisk
More character development a better something does not make.

Diehard is not worse then a sh*t movie like Titanic because Titanic is more emotional, has better character development, and may have a better ending (Which is completely down to opinion. No such thing as a better ending.).

make up sekz?

Haruhi
More character development a better something does not make.

Diehard is not worse then a sh*t movie like Titanic because Titanic is more emotional, has better character development, and may have a better ending (Which is completely down to opinion. No such thing as a better ending.).

Whoa... how dare you compare Die Hard to that crap, Titanic? I know you wanna make a point, but come on... Die Hard deserves way better than that.

Anyways, as much as I loved the EL anime, there were many questions left unanswered. No closure in an anime that's as story heavy as Elfen Lied = not good. When it's revealed, and in a more believable manner, it means it's better.

Beg...

Blax_Hydralisk

When it's revealed, and in a more believable manner, it means it's better.

Prove this.

if I begged, then it wouldn't be make up sekz. It'd be me resigning to your demands" sekz, which is almost as good, but not quite.

This needs to be a mutual thing.

Symmetric Chaos
The New England Patriots are good football team. Opinion or not? If you say it is, then you're an idiot.

Duh. And when was this ever a discussion about what's good or bad? It's about what's better - in which case, the manga is.

Better/Worse it's the same thing.

It is your opinion that the manga is better,nothing more, because I can always disagree without due purely to taste. At most you can say I have bad taste, saying I'm wrong is foolish.

Blax_Hydralisk
colllllrect!

Dark-Jaxx
EL manga is worse than anime because I can't read and black and white hurts my eyes, C WUT I DID THAR?

Haruhi
Better/Worse it's the same thing.

It is your opinion that the manga is better,nothing more, because I can always disagree without due purely to taste. At most you can say I have bad taste, saying I'm wrong is foolish.

I've heard this so many times. It's what ignorant people who don't know what they're talking about resorts to. "So and so is just your opinion." The fact is, that's wrong. That's naive thinking at best. I'll ask you the same question : Have you READ the manga? (Judging by your response, looks like you didn't) If not, why the hell are you even responding? You speak of an opinion, yet you don't have a valid one on the subject, because you haven't even read it yet. That makes your posting lack that much more credibility.

People who've read the entire series agrees the books are better. People who don't, post ignorant and naive things like "That's just your opinion."

Elfen Lied anime is popular and highly praised for it's story, plot and character development. Now, imagine something that does the same, only it does it more. That's the manga. Your comparison of Die Hard and Titanic fail because they're two totally different styles of literature. OTOH, you're comparing the anime to the manga of the same story, where one isn't even completed yet. How are you going to tell me that one's better than the other? Oh, wait. I know. Ignorance.

Symmetric Chaos
I've heard this so many times. It's what ignorant people who don't know what they're talking about resorts to. "So and so is just your opinion." The fact is, that's wrong. That's naive thinking at best. I'll ask you the same question : Have you READ the manga? (Judging by your response, looks like you didn't) If not, why the hell are you even responding? You speak of an opinion, yet you don't have a valid one on the subject, because you haven't even read it yet. That makes your posting lack that much more credibility.

Having read it or not means nothing. Even if I did read the manga and felt that it was better in every possible way (which I doubt considering I like color, sound, ambiguity and motion in my entertainment) that would still be an opinion.

People who've read the entire series agrees the books are better. People who don't, post ignorant and naive things like "That's just your opinion."

That's called the appeal to the majority fallacy. Just because a lot of people agree with you doesn't mean you're right. Whereas in my case logic backs my argument that a persons perception leads to an opinion not a fact.

For example you say that a nicely wrapped up ending is better in some way. Now prove that with logic or fact (hint: you can't)

How are you going to tell me that one's better than the other? Oh, wait. I know. Ignorance.

That's exactly Blax and I have been saying . . .

Classic NES

I think you need to separate good or bad into specific points E.G: Plot, Art, Writing, Etc. Rather than simply stating overall, furthermore no matter how superior the manga is to the anime. It doesn't make it more preferable to Blax and others. The Manga is better, but whether it's more enjoyable is an opinion.

Also, opinions are not infalliable.

Haruhi
Having read it or not means nothing. Even if I did read the manga and felt that it was better in every possible way (which I doubt considering I like color, sound, ambiguity and motion in my entertainment) that would still be an opinion.

Having read it means everything. It means you know what you're talking about. Clearly you don't. Had you actually read it and can tell me that the anime is objectively better (it isn't), then maybe you would be going somewhere. But you're not. If you like the anime more, that's fine. But objectlively, the manga IS better for reasons listed above. I've said this before : Just because something is better doesn't mean it's more preferable.

You're spouting the same thing every whiner does who have no clue. "so and so is your opinion" The fact is, it's not. Objectively speaking, the anime ISN'T as good as the manga when it comes down to what's important - substance, story, plot, character. Did you like Elfen Lied for that, or did you like it because of the purdy colours and movement? If it's for the latter, what seperates it from any anime, period? Every anime uses colours and animation. Now, if you liked the direction the anime ended (in complete suspense and ambiguity), then you have the right to say you liked it more. But that doesn't mean it's "better." Simply because it isn't.

Who, in all honesty, liked the way Elfen Lied ended? Not the beautiful silhouette thingy at the end, but everything else? Kakuzawa lived in the end. Lucy and Kouta magically made up, despite the fact that she butchered his family (it was nice though, but it made no sense), and so many strings left untied? It's not the ambiguity that makes the anime inferior to the manga - it's the incompletion. And if you liked the silhouette suspense in the anime, then CHECK OUT the manga at the end. It's far, far more gorgeous.

Some things are better than other things. The manga is just better. Does it mean you have to like it more? No. To be honest, I like the anime more than the manga, too, heh. But, the manga is just plain better, objectively speaking.

Symmetric Chaos
You're ridiculously dense.

Blax_Hydralisk
erm

She/he/it contradicted it/his/herself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.