Most Listenable Albums

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
What Albums out there can you listen to the entire way through without skipping even one song.

Meaning you like every single song on the Album.

For me, one such Album is: ULTRA BLUE By Utada Hikaru

Anata Wa Wakarimasu ka.....

Alpha Centauri
I buy albums to do that, that's the point of albums.

I'm not sure why you'd own an album to skip songs.

Do you listen to anyone else besides Utada Hikaru?

-AC

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Same thing I was wondering.

I can listen to Within Temptation's 'The Silent Force' album over and over without skipping a single song. Same with 'The Heart Of Everything'.
'Lacuna Coil's 'Unleashed Memories' album is another.

SelphieT
The Dresden Doll's self titled album is one that I can listen to over, and over, and over again.

As well as the Strokes, Is This It.

And basically anything from Rancid.

Deathblow
There's very, very few albums I like every single song on. Mezzanine, Orchid, Doolittle and Around the Fur are the only ones that spring to mind right now.

Mr.Biscuits
The Cold Vein.

Healing Artisan
Cannibal Ox- Cold Vein

i dont skip a single track.

others:

CunninLynguists- A Piece of Strange

tabby999
Lifetime - Lifetime
Nofx - Punk In Drublic
The Living End - Modern Artilery
A Wilhelm Scream - Career Suicide
Motion City Soundtrack - Even If It Kills Me
Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama

I kind of agree with AC on this one, but really, unless you've heard the album before you buy it, how do you know if your going to like every track? Even my favourite bands have some songs i dont particularly like.

Alpha Centauri
I own albums where I don't like every track, I just don't see the point in skipping.

-AC

Lana
About the only time I skip tracks while listening to CDs is if I just feel like listening to specific songs right then. Otherwise I listen all the way through.

Tempe Brennan
I own albums where I don't like every track, I just don't see the point in skipping.

-AC

Me eithor. I do have albums where I like most songs but a few, but even those songs I end up listening to, because I don't dislike them enough to skip.
Or I just can't be bothered skipping.

Rogue Jedi
I can listen to Independent Worm Saloon by the Butthole Surfers over and over again.

BackFire
I only buy albums in which I want to skip every song.

Rogue Jedi

-AC How many albums do YOU own? guesstimate it.

chillmeistergen
Grace by Jeff Buckley

The Queen Is Dead by The Smiths

Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse

De Stijl by The White Stripes

In Rainbows by Radiohead.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
How many albums do YOU own? guesstimate it.

That's a lie, the amount I own is irrelevant.

A lot.

-AC

Rogue Jedi

That's a lie, the amount I own is irrelevant.

A lot.

-AC I was about to say, 8?

anyway, do you like every song on every album?

Alpha Centauri
I clearly said:

-AC

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I clearly said:

-AC I know what you said, but I was just curious as to why you would listen to a song you don't care for?

Funkadelic
I don't skip tracks.

lol

But if there's one album it has to be a crime to skip a track it has to be 'What's Going On' by Marvin Gaye

Bardock42
I usually decide on whether to skip tracks according to the mood I am in.

I don't think I own any albums where I feel like I have to skip a certain track. Well...maybe Delirivm Cordia.

Victor Von Doom
Hahaha.

Cos it's one track.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Hahaha.

Cos it's one track. Jolly good laugh.

Alpha Centauri
I know what you said, but I was just curious as to why you would listen to a song you don't care for?

Because it's not that big a deal to me that I feel I need to skip it.

-AC

ragesRemorse

-AC

jesus, thats the fvcking goal eh. Do you truly believe their are people whom buy albums to skip through unpleasant music? Unfortunately, there is only one way to listen to an album in it's entirety and thats by purchasing it. Do you really have to bust balls and shit over everyone's questions and replies when you know what they mean? You enjoy every song on every album that you own. Considering your reply to the thread, i would have to assume your answer, to the most listenable album, would be every single album you own...,is this true?

Rogue Jedi
Because it's not that big a deal to me that I feel I need to skip it.

-AC so you force yourself to listen to music you dont like on some sort of moral grounds?

SelphieT
Oh yeah, how could I forget.

White Blood Cells by the White Stripes

BackFire
so you force yourself to listen to music you dont like on some sort of moral grounds?

It's just his way.

Just like he will force himself to perform oral sex on men when he doesn't want to (I'm lying, he always wants to).

Alpha Centauri
so you force yourself to listen to music you dont like on some sort of moral grounds?

How are you getting all of this out of my posts? Is it genuinely that perplexing of a concept? I listen to albums from beginning to end, that's how I listen to music. I don't skip because I prefer not to, it's not moral or anything serious.

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
jesus, thats the fvcking goal eh. Do you truly believe their are people whom buy albums to skip through unpleasant music? Unfortunately, there is only one way to listen to an album in it's entirety and thats by purchasing it. Do you really have to bust balls and shit over everyone's questions and replies when you know what they mean? You enjoy every song on every album that you own. Considering your reply to the thread, i would have to assume your answer, to the most listenable album, would be every single album you own...,is this true?

If you had read my posts and not thrown a stupid, child-like tantrum, you would realise that I said no, I do not like every song on every album, but the point of albums (In my opinion) is to be listened to. So therefore, I don't skip any tracks.

The question was asking what album can we listen to without skipping any tracks, the answer, for me, would be any album, as I do not skip tracks. This doesn't mean I like them all.

Has everyone here taken a retard pill, or are you just really incapable of understanding points?

-AC

BackFire
I passed the pills out earlier.

Bardock42
but the point of albums (In my opinion) is to be listened to. So therefore, I don't skip any tracks.

-AC

Gee, can't I hire people to do that for me or something.

Alpha Centauri
Nah.

-AC

InnerRise
Another Album that would qualify would be DEEP RIVER by Utada Hikaru

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Alpha Centauri
Serious, civil question;

Do you listen to anybody else?

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by InnerRise
Another Album that would qualify would be DEEP RIVER by Utada Hikaru

True. Also Distance and First Love.

SelphieT
Serious, civil question;

Do you listen to anybody else?

-AC

What's your obsession? Of course he does.

Alpha Centauri
Do you enjoy making a fool of yourself by needlessly butting in to defend your questionably chosen friends when it doesn't concern you?

I was asking him a civil question that is increasingly appropriate, in a civil, honest manner. Zip it.

-AC

Scythe
Oh wow.

RocasAtoll
Albums that I don't ever feel like skipping any of the songs would be Stress: The Extinction Agenda, The Cold Vein, Funeral, and Orchid.

Alpha Centauri
Pretty sweet choices there, Rocas.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
How are you getting all of this out of my posts? Is it genuinely that perplexing of a concept? I listen to albums from beginning to end, that's how I listen to music. I don't skip because I prefer not to, it's not moral or anything serious.

-AC I just dont get why you'd listen to tracks 4, 6, 8 and 12 if you didnt like them. Its like ordering a steak that comes with a side order that you dont like, but forcing yourself to eat it just because you paid for it.

BackFire
I think it's pretty obvious why, he takes albums as what they are as the whole, not bits in pieces.

Like, you may love a movie, but there may be a few scenes you don't particularly like, but because they are important to the larger picture of the work, you watch them.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BackFire
I think it's pretty obvious why, he takes albums as what they are as the whole, not bits in pieces.

Like, you may love a movie, but there may be a few scenes you don't particularly like, but because they are important to the larger picture of the work, you watch them. thats a bsd analogy, because those scenes you speak of have to be seen to tie the plot together. If you skip over a few songs on an album, its no tlike you cant appreciate the album.

but hey, is his way, and I aint gonna challenge it, I am just curious.

BackFire
The analogy is fine as I think that's probably how he looks at albums, as greater works that encompass their own themes, and each song is important in getting that theme across.

Alpha Centauri
It's actually really, really, very simple.

I take albums as a whole. It's honestly not like I'm asking you to figure out the chaos theory.

And yes, songs are usually there for a reason, like scenes are. For example, if it's a concept album or what not.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
It's actually really, really, very simple.

I take albums as a whole. It's honestly not like I'm asking you to figure out the chaos theory.

And yes, songs are usually there for a reason, like scenes are. For example, if it's a concept album or what not.

-AC I dont see it that way, but as I said, its your way, so go with it. I understand your point now and why you do it, I just happen to disagree.

and I also think you are full of shit. wink

Alpha Centauri
Yes, I'm full of shit, according to the guy who still doesn't get a simple concept.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Yes, I'm full of shit, according to the guy who still doesn't get a simple concept.

-AC I get the concept, I told you I understand why you do it, whats so hard to understand? relax, bro.

Alpha Centauri
If you understood, then the full of shit comment wouldn't be there.

-AC

Tempe Brennan
The question was asking what album can we listen to without skipping any tracks, the answer, for me, would be any album, as I do not skip tracks. This doesn't mean I like them all.

I know what you mean. I don't necessarily like all the songs on every album I own, but I don't skip them. I just ignore the song until the next one starts playing. smile

Rogue Jedi
If you understood, then the full of shit comment wouldn't be there.

-AC It was a joke, I even went as far as putting a smily there.

You know, not all of us are out to get you. I am not the one talking smack to you in this thread, I am merely having a conversation.

Alpha Centauri
Who said anything about anyone being out to get anybody?

You clearly do not get it. You said "I don't see it that way.", don't see what? Do you know what a concept album is?

It's an album with a plot or story running through every song on the album. Removing one would be detrimental to a listen, in my opinion. Not only do they fit together lyrically (Which is the point of concept albums), but the music does too.

-AC

InnerRise
Originally posted by Bardock42
True. Also Distance and First Love.

ohyes

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Rogue Jedi
Who said anything about anyone being out to get anybody?

You clearly do not get it. You said "I don't see it that way.", don't see what? Do you know what a concept album is?

It's an album with a plot or story running through every song on the album. Removing one would be detrimental to a listen, in my opinion. Not only do they fit together lyrically (Which is the point of concept albums), but the music does too.

-AC Yes, I know what a concept album is. And I understand your reasoning as to why you dont skip tracks, I have said this numerous times, I just happen to disagree with it. I dont how much more clear I can be. You are making a mountain out of a molehill, man.

Bardock42
Can you two ****ing idiots just shut the **** up?

It's clear you both realize that in this case it really just comes donw to preference. There's no ****ing standard nor logical reasoning for either. Argue about something that can be solved. Like God or the meaning of life.

Rogue Jedi
B, you need sex.

RocasAtoll
thats a bsd analogy, because those scenes you speak of have to be seen to tie the plot together. If you skip over a few songs on an album, its no tlike you cant appreciate the album.

And who's to say an album doesn't have a plot?

Pretty sweet choices there, Rocas.

-AC

Your actually the first person I know that agrees with me on all of them. Normally I get a WTF? on two.

BobbyD
There are few unenjoyable Beatles songs. That's why I like all of their albums. But, that's a biased opinion. wink

Bardock42
B, you need sex. Because I am the one arguing on an internet forum whether it is necessary to listen to an album from start to finish or skip tracks?

Right.

jaden101
as far as the debate going on is concerned...i skip tracks to listen to songs of a theme or style i'm in the mood for...i personally dont care if an artist is trying to convey an idea or concept as i prefer to listen to music and take a meaning from it that is personal to me rather than what someone else is trying to portray

obviously some albums have ongoing styles from a genre perspective and i can listen to the whole album...sometimes some tracks dont fit in with the moment

then again the whole concept of "albums" to me now is pretty irrelevant given that its easy just to make up playlists from various artists anyway and create "albums" with constant themes yourself

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
And who's to say an album doesn't have a plot?

I'm not saying music doesnt have a plot, or cant have a plot. Did I ever say that?

Rogue Jedi
Because I am the one arguing on an internet forum whether it is necessary to listen to an album from start to finish or skip tracks?

Right. no, because he and I were in the midst of a two way discussion/argument/whatever, and, as usual, you felt the need to butt in and offer your two cents. what difference does what was being said make to you?

RocasAtoll
I'm not saying music doesnt have a plot, or cant have a plot. Did I ever say that?

Then why doesn't a movie analogy work if music has a plot?

Bardock42
no, because he and I were in the midst of a two way discussion/argument/whatever, and, as usual, you felt the need to butt in and offer your two cents. what difference does what was being said make to you? The same it makes to you and him. Besides I have contributed to this thread before. I didn't suddenly come in. In fact, I first linked you to it. You two have a pointless discussion so I tell you that it is pointless.

ragesRemorse

Has everyone here taken a retard pill, or are you just really incapable of understanding points?

-AC

Sorry, but you fail. Once again, you have let your self righteousness cloud your comprehension. The question of the thread asks what is the most appealing album to you. Considering that you disregarded the obvious question. Or sincerely failed to understand it. By your logic, every single album you listen to is the most listenable. The question was not asking how you listen to albums, but rather, which album has the most collective appeal to you.

remember, the square peg goes in the square hole.

Bardock42
It asked both really. Obviously it was the thread creators intend to ask which you find to have the most good songs on it....I mean...besides naming Utada Hikaru.

Alpha Centauri
Sorry, but you fail. Once again, you have let your self righteousness cloud your comprehension. The question of the thread asks what is the most appealing album to you.

It asked if there is an album we like so much that we can listen to it through without skipping any tracks. Whether I like all the songs or NOT, I can listen to any without skipping, so the degree to which I like an album would be irrelevant. I love Lateralus by Tool more than No Heroes by Converge, I don't skip songs on either.

Get it right, slow boy.

Considering that you disregarded the obvious question. Or sincerely failed to understand it. By your logic, every single album you listen to is the most listenable. The question was not asking how you listen to albums, but rather, which album has the most collective appeal to you.

remember, the square peg goes in the square hole.

No, look:

What Albums out there can you listen to the entire way through without skipping even one song.

Me: All, because I simply do not skip tracks.

Followed my people somehow interpreting it in their own way, all wrong.

you like every single song on the Album.

So I clarified that me not skipping does not mean I like all the tracks.

Rage, do yourself a favour and stop making a fool of yourself. Of course, there will now be multiple posts from you trying to save face, etc. Shame really, I had you pinned as smarter.

-AC

InnerRise
It asked both really. Obviously it was the thread creators intend to ask which you find to have the most good songs on it....I mean...besides naming Utada Hikaru. No, it asked which albums can you listen to without skipping a track. Not how you listen to them. All that was necessary was to name an album. Not discuss the meaning behind the act of skipping and what not. Ridiculous.

Bardock42
No, it asked which albums can you listen to without skipping a track. Not how you listen to them. All that was necessary was to name an album. Not discuss the meaning behind the act of skipping and what not. Ridiculous.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Yes. But since you were asking which album you could listen to without skipping a track and if someone, like AC, does listen to all albums like that it can be stated without being off-topic. That is became a huge discussion is ridiculous though.

Alpha Centauri
I was on topic, people are just idiots.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Then why doesn't a movie analogy work if music has a plot? I guess I should have said it doesnt work for me personally.

Rogue Jedi
I was on topic, people are just idiots.

-AC yes, we are all just bumbling fools, stumbling about in the dark, while you have all the answers to everything. How is the weather up there on your pedestal?

chillmeistergen
I think the general consensus agree that you're a bumbling fool, RJ.

Alpha Centauri
yes, we are all just bumbling fools, stumbling about in the dark, while you have all the answers to everything. How is the weather up there on your pedestal?

It's not even me giving myself credit, it's you and Rage getting everything wrong.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I think the general consensus agree that you're a bumbling fool, RJ. why? because I skip music tracks I dont like and dont understand why some people dont? that makes me an idiot?

Rogue Jedi
It's not even me giving myself credit, it's you and Rage getting everything wrong.

-AC everything? so our outlook on everything in life is wrong? every decision we make is the wrong one?

chillmeistergen
why? because I skip music tracks I dont like and dont understand why some people dont? that makes me an idiot?

Nah, not just that.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, not just that. oh yeah, I forgot, you are a GDFer. How could I have forgotten?

Alpha Centauri
everything? so our outlook on everything in life is wrong? every decision we make is the wrong one?

You get a cookie if you can tell me how you deduced that, when we're in a thread, and I'm clearly referencing a thread, not what you tried to interpret my comment a...oh what the hell, I'll give you what you want.

*Chants* Everybody pay attention to RJ! The GDF and OTF were not enough! He needs us to give him our time too!

-AC

Rogue Jedi
You get a cookie if you can tell me how you deduced that, when we're in a thread, and I'm clearly referencing a thread, not what you tried to interpret my comment a...oh what the hell, I'll give you what you want.

*Chants* Everybody pay attention to RJ! The GDF and OTF were not enough! He needs us to give him our time too!

-AC hey, you're the one who typed up that we get EVERYTHING wrong. EVERYTHING means....well, you see where I am going.

Alpha Centauri
Yes, because any smart person could tell that is what I was implying, despite it being not relevant to this thread in any way.

This would be why everyone calls you an idiot, cos you either misinterpret things for attention, or misinterpret things cos you're an idiot.

Either way, you're acting like an idiot, so stop it. This is a reasonably well flowing forum, don't try to pollute it please.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Yes, because any smart person could tell that is what I was implying, despite it being not relevant to this thread in any way.

This would be why everyone calls you an idiot, cos you either misinterpret things for attention, or misinterpret things cos you're an idiot.

Either way, you're acting like an idiot, so stop it. This is a reasonably well flowing forum, don't try to pollute it please.

-AC dude, you were the one who flew off the handle when I said I didnt understand why you didnt skip tracks on albums. I listen to music I like and skip music I dont like. You skip nothing. I get it. To me it's just music, nothing more and nothing less, but you take it more seriously. Are we on the same page on that part?

And as far as everyone calling me an idiot, I have lost track of the number of pm's I have received asking why I even waste time arguing with you.

Bardock42
dude, you were the one who flew off the handle when I said I didnt understand why you didnt skip tracks on albums. I listen to music I like and skip music I dont like. You skip nothing. I get it. To me it's just music, nothing more and nothing less, but you take it more seriously. Are we on the same page on that part?

And as far as everyone calling me an idiot, I have lost track of the number of pm's I have received asking why I even waste time arguing with you. 2. It's 2.

One you sent yourself.

Rogue Jedi

-AC see? right there. If you go back and look at the past posts you will see I indeed said that, but you would have to be an IDIOT to not see that I was joking. I even posted a smily to reiterate that I was joking, but you choose to think I was being serious. You started the drama here and are now turning it around on me.

Nice try. thumb down

Alpha Centauri
I swear I dropped it and you came back hours later and continued it, after everyone had clearly moved on. I pointed out your comment wasn't necessary, nowhere did I assume whether you were joking or not.

I said people are idiots, you didn't have to reply to that, but you did. I didn't START anything, you made the initial comment, then returned, and now you have your drama, like you have to have in every thread, cos nobody cares or pays attention to you if you don't.

dude, you were the one who flew off the handle when I said I didnt understand why you didnt skip tracks on albums. I listen to music I like and skip music I dont like. You skip nothing. I get it. To me it's just music, nothing more and nothing less, but you take it more seriously. Are we on the same page on that part?

And as far as everyone calling me an idiot, I have lost track of the number of pm's I have received asking why I even waste time arguing with you.

Birds of a feather flock together, generally. Speaking, but I would agree, why are you even here arguing? Why are you not participating in the thread that had moved on until you brought it back?

Do you have that little to contribute to musical debate?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I swear I dropped it and you came back hours later and continued it, after everyone had clearly moved on. I pointed out your comment wasn't necessary, nowhere did I assume whether you were joking or not.If I meant it as an insult, yes, its not necessary. I didnt mean it as an insult. The mere fact that you didnt zing me back proves that you took it offensively. That, or you have zero sense of humor.

At that point the discussion was about you, I and RR. It was painfully obvious that you were referring to us, and you are now trying to squirm out of it. I didnt take it offensively, it made me laugh, in fact.

You are doing just as much damage as I am with your continual holier than thou attitude.

Right back atcha.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
If I meant it as an insult, yes, its not necessary. I didnt mean it as an insult. The mere fact that you didnt zing me back proves that you took it offensively. That, or you have zero sense of humor.

I chose to focus on the discussion, you were arguing that movies have plots, that you didn't see the same with albums. I was trying to find out why, so I glossed over your comment cos that wasn't what I was interested in.

If you knew what a concept album was, you'd understand, but you said "I don't understand, but ok, that's your way.". Whatever, what's done is done.

At that point the discussion was about you, I and RR. It was painfully obvious that you were referring to us, and you are now trying to squirm out of it. I didnt take it offensively, it made me laugh, in fact.

Yes, and? When did I deny referring to you? It took you about a page to grasp my point, it should have taken one post.

Right back at me? What, the comment about having little to contribute to musical debate? This is what, you're tenth post here...ever? I'm one of the members who has contributed most to this music forum, probably ever. Not saying that's a big deal, just pointing out how needless your comment was.

Odd.

Anyway, those listenable albums, eh?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I chose to focus on the discussion, you were arguing that movies have plots, that you didn't see the same with albums. I was trying to find out why, so I glossed over your comment cos that wasn't what I was interested in.

If you knew what a concept album was, you'd understand, but you said "I don't understand, but ok, that's your way.". Whatever, what's done is done.I know what a concept album is, its just that I dont take music as seriously as you do. I listen to music to relax, not to recognize a plot or storyline. just like some people watch a martial arts movie just to see the action, not for a story.

So me joking with you, telling you you are full of shit, while you referring to others as idiots....one is necessary and the other is not? And I am not saying I know alot about music, I never claimed to be Kurt fecking Loder. I have no doubt in my mind that you know more about music than I do. But that doesnt mean you have the right to question me posting here.

Anyways, yes, back to listenable albums. Nevermind by Nirvana is an easy listen, no skipping there for me.

chillmeistergen
Should this not just be called the well rounded albums thread?

Kram3r
Should this not just be called the well rounded albums thread?

Well, not unnecessarily. For instance, I think Disintegration by The Cure is a perfectly well rounded album, however, I won't say it's the most "listenable" album I own. It's not because of bad tracks (which there are none of) but because of the mood and atmosphere it sets and it's something you have to be in the mood for, otherwise, at least IMO, I don't see it being very accessible album. That's my interpretation anyway.

chillmeistergen
Yeah that's a fair shout.

Rogue Jedi
Should this not just be called the well rounded albums thread? I dunno about that, but the more I think on it, I keep coming up with another album that I can listen to over and over without skipping a track....

EPMD: "Strictly Business" and "Unfinished Business."

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kram3r
Well, not unnecessarily. For instance, I think Disintegration by The Cure is a perfectly well rounded album, however, I won't say it's the most "listenable" album I own. It's not because of bad tracks (which there are none of) but because of the mood and atmosphere it sets and it's something you have to be in the mood for, otherwise, at least IMO, I don't see it being very accessible album. That's my interpretation anyway. they come here in June, going to see them. big grin

Alpha Centauri
In recent memory, Zeitgeist by The Smashing Pumpkins.

It has one of the highest amount of listens/time owned statistics of all the CDs I own, I think.

-AC

§P0oONY
OK Computer - Radiohead
Gauze - Dir en grey
In The Court Of The Crimson King - King Crimson

Are 3 that I find really easy to listen to. Though there are many.

Akuma Killer
Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor

Rogue Jedi
I thought of two more albums I can listen to without skipping:

Beastie Boys: Ill communication and Licensed to Ill.

Pezmerga

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Pezmerga
Nice 3!

Personally I think if you have to skip songs you probally bought a nickleback album or some other craptastic group who writes songs to be on the radio.

Exactly.

Rogue Jedi
I think I have been cyber hypnotized. Now, when listening to a CD, I feel bad when skipping tracks.

tabby999
Some more i forgot:
Funeral For A Friend - Tales Wont Tell Themselves
Alexisonfire's albums
Frenzal Rhomb's albums
Strung Out's albums
Bad Religion's albums

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.