how did vader become on with the force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
isnt that a lightside power. and even so how could a few last minutes on the lightside be enough for him to learn?

Elite Hunter
Well he did return to the lightside and he was conceived by the force...

Man of Christ
how does being concieved of the force equate to the ability to become one.....ohhh

Captain REX
Go read the Jedi vs. Sith guidebook...

queeq
Or How to be a Jedi for Dummies.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Captain REX
Go read the Jedi vs. Sith guidebook... Originally posted by queeq
Or How to be a Jedi for Dummies.

but that doesnt mean that it cant be dicussed here

queeq
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Well he did return to the lightside and he was conceived by the force...

That's about it.

General G
...and brought balance to the force...

queeq
THat goes without saying. That didn't have much to do with him appearings as a ghost though... I think...

General G
No? I would say it would...it is a rather big event.

Kam Solusar
what does becoming one with the force really mean? does it mean the body disappears? and come back as ghost? if so what happened to qui gon? can somebody clear this up for me?

General G
From what I understand...it means the Jedi has accepted death and you have to learn how to do it, obviously something you do in your mind being they never said anything and it is not them in the afterlife...it is their soul I guess you could say, but they can't interact with things.

queeq
Well not entirely. Only three and a half JEdi figured it out: Yoda, OB1, Anakin and obviously QGJ, but we will never know if he could become visible as well. Yoda said he could teach OB1 to communicate with him, but all we know from canon sources is that Yoda could hear him.

Gl obviously didn't bother to tell what that was all about in his canon. So we don't really know.

General G
We just have to assume, and I think we both summed it up nicely.

queeq
Yeah... something we must figure out for ourselves. Too bad though. I felt it deserved a bit more.

General G
Maybe GL forgot...and added it in there last minute at the end of the 3rd movie.

queeq
No he didn't because he talked about it when AOTC came out and said it would all be explained. Well, done away with hastily is what we got.

General G
Well...I guess a quick little dialogue is all we will get.

queeq
ONe line actually... from Yoda. Saying absolutely nothing.

General G
ehhhh Yeah, I guess OB1's comment didn't count...it was just a reply to Yoda...

JediRobin23
qui gon learned it after he was dead. So, Anakin may have learned it the same way

queeq
Very quickly then. It took QGJ 10 years.

General G
What if QGJ learned it when alive but never perfected it so never told anyone?

queeq
Then Anakin still did it very quickly.

Plus, why did he not bother to call Yoda for ten years? That must have been hard for Yoda... Ten years no flowers, no candy, not even a phone call.

JediRobin23
Yoda knew it before he died, thats why he disappeared when he died. Vader's body didn't disappear, so he had to of learned it after he died. Yeah, that was pretty quick.
Its actually the other way around, It took Qui gon ten years to learn it. Or, perhaps your right, maybe Qui gon waited till after order 66 to tell Yoda. That would be pretty bad though. who would want a bunch of Jedi spirits running around. But, who knows the star was afterlife. Perhaps eventually all Jedi become spirits, theres only certain few who can communicate with the living.
Yoda says Qui gon 'learned' the path to immortality, then taught Obiwan how to commune with him. So when Yoda said 'path to immortalily' he may actually mean those who can communicate with the living..

General G
If it took QGJ ten years to learn it...how did it take Anakin so little...maybe...after Anakin died on the Death Star and was on the light side, QGJ and Yoda could talk to him and teach it to him?

queeq
As we said: very quickly... It took OB1 some 20 years in the desert to learn it. Same with Yoda.

Anyway, I feel GL did away with tis too easily. A little the ROTJ style: quickly rush to the end.

And according to Rick McCallum, the official reading is that Vader's body DID disappear. Which I find BS because, why don't we see it then?

General G
I am sure it wouldn't take OB1 the entire time on Tatooine to learn it.
Well...there wouldn't be much to see disappear, would there? all we would say is the face.

queeq
No. Obviously it's a big thing. It is like that in the movies "I shall become more powerful than you imagine", Yoda disappearing in a bed, and QGJ "has learned the path to immortaliy". And then, at the moment supreme, the redenption of Vader, we don't see. It just doesn't make sense.

General G
No...your right...the whole saga is about Vader...you would think his redemption moment would be shown above all others...

queeq
Absolutely.

General G
See? This is where I question GL.

queeq
You're entitled to. But don't go changing the canon in here.

Jbill311
I always thought that it was important for Vader's body to get burned, like a symbol of the empire disappearing. Anakin was so powerful with the force that he could 'find his way back from the netherworld of the force' much faster than qui-gon.

General G
Symbolic of the burning/destruction of the Empire.

Originally posted by queeq
You're entitled to. But don't go changing the canon in here.

Speaking of canon...we are going to have another canon thing to talk about...it is a video game set between Ep. 3 and 4, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed...it says so in this article:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/starwars2007/news.html?sid=6185151

"The developers consulted heavily with George Lucas on the story and characters, to the point that what happens in The Force Unleashed is now considered Star Wars canon."

queeq
Hmmm... how odd. What does the Official Website say? That's what counts.

General G
It doesn't count what GL says? laughing out loud

queeq
Thank the Maker it does.

General G
Then this still counts:

"The developers consulted heavily with George Lucas on the story and characters, to the point that what happens in The Force Unleashed is now considered Star Wars canon."

queeq
Well, one of the developers said that. I looked into it. No official word from Lucas though.

General G
Games not out yet.

queeq
Neither is Lucas' take on the matter.

General G
Yes it is!

queeq
Where then? That quote was from the game designer.

General G
And from Lucas!

queeq
Where? Quote me! Link me!

General G
PREVIOUS PAGE!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.