Storm w/ Power Gem versus Odinforce Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
A goddess versus a god, who wins?

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1444/130750-storm_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2268/168317-thor_400.jpg

iceman24567
Storm still loses.

complexbrother
Storm. the Power gem gives her unlimited strength and power.

llagrok
Not necessarily.

Depends on how well she's capable of using it.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by llagrok
Not necessarily.

Depends on how well she's capable of using it.

Storm is not Titania.

The power Gem would at least make her completely invulnerable to Thors attacks and it would amp her own powers up to an infinite degree as well as acting as an energy reservoir for her to generate multiple different types of energy.

Storm would stomp Thor.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

Storm would stomp Thor.

remember that this is Thor with Odinforce, not just regular Thor.

celestialdemon
Thor would win.

Estacado
Thor.

Symmetric Chaos
If the gem works as advertised Storm wins.

If it works the way it's worked for everybody else . . . well actually she could still probably win.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Estacado
Thor.

how would he win easily...considering that Storm would be practically invulnerable and all her powers would be amped greatly?

Evangel94
Skyfather Thor wins.

King Kandy
Storm is not Titania.

The power Gem would at least make her completely invulnerable to Thors attacks and it would amp her own powers up to an infinite degree as well as acting as an energy reservoir for her to generate multiple different types of energy.

Storm would stomp Thor.
If Thor can't use it that way why would Storm be able to?

llagrok
Odin with the odinforce was able to stop Warrior Madness Thor with the power Gem. What could possibly lead to believe that Storm would be able to put the gem to better use than Thor?

Symmetric Chaos
Odin with the odinforce was able to stop Warrior Madness Thor with the power Gem. What could possibly lead to believe that Storm would be able to put the gem to better use than Thor?

She's not obsessed with hitting everything.

Master-Borg
Odin with the odinforce was able to stop Warrior Madness Thor with the power Gem. What could possibly lead to believe that Storm would be able to put the gem to better use than Thor? the fact that Storm is more intelligent than Thor?

llagrok
Originally posted by Master-Borg
the fact that Storm is more intelligent than Thor?

I disagree.

King Kandy
Well for one, Odin never fought WM thor. He used TP on him and LOST.

Estacado
I guess Storm could one shot the Destroyer as well.

llagrok
Originally posted by King Kandy
Well for one, Odin never fought WM thor. He used TP on him and LOST.

Naw.

Odin was about to kill him, when Strange convinced him to use telepathy instead and cure him.

King Kandy
Naw.

Odin was about to kill him, when Strange convinced him to use telepathy instead and cure him.
Also might it be relevant that Thor was imprisoned and unconscious at the time?

guy222
thor

2damnloud
Damn, this is Storm overkill.

Would the gem also amp her innate magical abilities in tandem with her mutant powers?

You all do know that Storm's abilities are not entirely mutant.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Damn, this is Storm overkill.

Would the gem also amp her innate magical abilities in tandem with her mutant powers?

You all do know that Storm's abilities are not entirely mutant.

what magical abilities?

Silent Master
Storm w/power gem would have a hard time beating normal Thor, she doesn't have a chance against Thodin.

Sorry, but the gem just doesn't have a history of amping people enough to take out a high end skyfather.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Silent Master
Storm w/power gem would have a hard time beating normal Thor, she doesn't have a chance against Thodin.

Sorry, but the gem just doesn't have a history of amping people enough to take out a high end skyfather.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

llagrok
Also might it be relevant that Thor was imprisoned and unconscious at the time?

Fine, fine, if you want to do it like this.

Thor, who is clearly more powerful than Storm and more intelligent. His knowledge of the universe and so on is far beyond the simple little mutant girl who was raised in Egypt and Africa, I don't think anyone bar the haters and storm fanboys would dispute that.

Assuming that Thor w/WM and the PG wasn't enough to properly beat Thanos, while it's possible that Storm MIGHT reach the power level he did with the gem, she certainly won't be able to go as high as Skyfather level.

Master-Borg
Thor is NOT smarter than Storm...Thor is barely smarter than a rock, so please don't spread lies just because you like Thor. He's more powerful and better fighter, but smarter he is not.

llagrok
Thor is NOT smarter than Storm...Thor is barely smarter than a rock, so please don't spread lies just because you like Thor. He's more powerful and better fighter, but smarter he is not.

Based on what comics, appearances or events would you say that Thor isn't smarter than Storm? Or could it be his speech laughing out loud

2damnloud
Storm was able to haress millions of Stars and reach nigh-infinite power WITHOUT being amped.

I don't see how Thor would stand a chance in HELL!

Silent Master
And Thor was able to shield a blast that would have destroyed 1/5th of the universe.

Master-Borg
Based on what comics, appearances or events would you say that Thor isn't smarter than Storm? Or could it be his speech laughing out loud

based on his speech, the way he acts (like a doofy powerhouse that he is), and the fact that he always follows the lead whereas Storm has been a leader

2damnloud
Storm is pretty clever.

http://img468.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stealthmh2.jpg
http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stealth2jr8.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stealth3ug8.jpg

2damnloud
And Thor was able to shield a blast that would have destroyed 1/5th of the universe.

Storm healed a dimensionshifty

Silent Master
Storm has also admitted that Thor is >>>> her.

BTW, when they fought(written by CC, the guy who wrote the feats your using for Storm) she lost.

llagrok
Thor beat her by sucking the air out of her even. The guy went so easy on her, it's unbelievable.

On topic: The powerup Storm will receive from the power gem is inferior to the powerup Thor receives from the odinforce.

2damnloud

BTW, when they fought(written by CC, the guy who wrote the feats your using for Storm) she lost.

Couldn't trump me, eh?

This is not that Storm. This is Storm with the power gem yes

King Kandy
Fine, fine, if you want to do it like this.

Thor, who is clearly more powerful than Storm and more intelligent. His knowledge of the universe and so on is far beyond the simple little mutant girl who was raised in Egypt and Africa, I don't think anyone bar the haters and storm fanboys would dispute that.

Assuming that Thor w/WM and the PG wasn't enough to properly beat Thanos, while it's possible that Storm MIGHT reach the power level he did with the gem, she certainly won't be able to go as high as Skyfather level.
I never was disagreeing with you that Storm loses. She gets stomped.

Master-Borg
what magical abilities does Storm have?

llagrok
I never was disagreeing with you that Storm loses. She gets stomped.

Oh I know, I was just adding those points to the discussion. For others to see smile

Silent Master
You have a habit of distorting feats, so I figured I'd save myself some time and just point out that Storm herself admits that Thor is her superior and that when they fought, Storm lost.

2damnloud

Go to page 2 of her repsec thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=459682&pagenumber=2

2damnloud
You have a habit of distorting feats, so I figured I'd save myself some time and just point out that Storm herself admits that Thor is her superior and that when they fought, Storm lost.

Without the gem.yes

Silent Master
Without the Odinpower.

2damnloud
Without the Odinpower.

A few of Storm's really high end showings without the power gem would probbly be on par with Thor with the Odinforce.

Her with the gem.......Thor might as well be fighting WCP or worst, LT .

leonidas
lt? no expression

laughing

seriously. no expression

of course you were joking about the WPC and lt bit, but looking more realistically thor -- who's BASE>STORM -- with the gem could not match odin, (hell, he could barely match THANOS) who wasn't even really FIGHTING thor, but rather only tried to help him! true -- thor was not quite as proficient as odin with his power, but the power is still the same.

honestly. i'm like the most forgiving dude on this forum when it comes to fans of characters, but you really are unbelieveable. what evidence do you cite that would prove she could access the power any more than thor or even drax could? drax was one-shotted by odin and thor as taken out with barely a fight. yet storm would do better? sigh . . .

iceman24567
This is a joke Thors low showings are on par with Storms high showings please don't waste time reading what the fanboys type when you could be making ramen.

Silent Master
A few of Storm's really high end showings without the power gem would probbly be on par with Thor with the Odinforce.

Her with the gem.......Thor might as well be fighting WCP or worst, LT .

The guy that wrote your 'really high end showings' also wrote Storm admitting Thor is >>>>> her, he also wrote Thor beating Storm.

123KID
this is obviously intended as a joke

iceman24567
Originally posted by 123KID
this is obviously intended as a joke I got a few chuckles out of that too.

Rutog98

This is a lie. Storm never said that about Thor. Post the scan. I have a clear idea of what you are talking about. Just post the scan or tell me the instance so I can post it for you and shoot it down. Storm with power gem beats Thor in her sleep.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Rutog98
This is a lie. Storm never said that about Thor. Post the scan. I have a clear idea of what you are talking about. Just post the scan or tell me the instance so I can post it for you and shoot it down. Storm with power gem beats Thor in her sleep. Storm would stalemate Thor at best if Thor wasn't trying.

2damnloud
My examples og LT and WCP were to show the extremes, that's all.

Storm wins.

She's WAAAAAAY more powerful than any version of Thor with the gem.

It's as simple as that.erm

Some of you think that Storm with the gem would only have like, REALLY hot lightning.laughing out loud

Mr. Slippyfist
There's a thought that comes to mind... why exactly do people still respond to 2damn, and rutog?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
There's a thought that comes to mind... why exactly do people still respond to 2damn, and rutog? You are right ignored big grin Storm loses for the record.

Mr. Slippyfist
I have an incredibly hard time seeing Storm with the PG beating normal Thor...
Strong winds, lightning, rain, hail, snow... what the hell is this going to do to Thor?

And her durability would be nothing to Thor, and so would her strength...

2damnloud
Strong winds, lightning, rain, hail, snow... what the hell is this going to do to Thor?

Some of you think that Storm with the gem would only have like, REALLY hot lightning.laughing out loud

Goddamn Im good. smokin'

Bouboumaster
Thor with the power gem make him powerfull enough to be on par with Thanos, who lose to Odin, after a heck of a match.

Storm would be weaker, against Thor who would be a little bit greater that his father?
Thor win.

Symmetric Chaos

The gem should make her invulnerable at the very least erm

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The gem should make her invulnerable at the very least erm Drax traveled through suns and took attacks from Surfer to no effect before the Power Gem...
Thor one-shotted him... no expression

Someone with more understanding of the Gems than Storm will ever know got his his hand blown off with the IG...

2damnloud
Not to mention she's way smarter and way more intricate with her powers.

Invulnerability means she can go into space with VAST resources shifty

Storm would most likely win.......handily.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The gem should make her invulnerable at the very least erm

confused

Thor's a class 100 and it didn't make him invulnerable to Thanos' attacks.

psycho gundam
I think storm looses control of the power and goes insane.

last time they fought, thor was unaffected by anything storm could muster, so he sucked the breath out of her lungs.(being the least damaging was to win)

so she is going to have to use cosmic powers to win, weather wont work.

Doctor-Alvis
Storm is not Titania.

Storm would stomp Thor.
Wait, what? Didn't you just describe the full capacity of the power gem?

Silent Master
This is a lie. Storm never said that about Thor. Post the scan. I have a clear idea of what you are talking about. Just post the scan or tell me the instance so I can post it for you and shoot it down. Storm with power gem beats Thor in her sleep.

She stated that Thor could have dismissed the storm with a thought, a storm btw that took everything she had to stop.

Also, Thor has already beaten Storm in a fight.

2damnloud
He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning this one.no

Rutog98
She stated that Thor could have dismissed the storm with a thought, a storm btw that took everything she had to stop.

Also, Thor has already beaten Storm in a fight.

Storm's powers are equal to Phoenix. However, at that time, Phoenix's powers were tempered by Jean's humanity. Same holds true for Ororo. Her powers are tempered by her humanity. In the case of Phoenix, when Jean's humanity was removed, nothing was there to restrain the power and DP was born. It had near-infinite power, but kept growing and reaching for ultimate power. However, it was stopped before that. DP stated that she had limits still and did not like this. This was before she consumed the star. However, the Watcher let us know that DP could have attained ultimate power and been second only to the Creator had she kept going and not been stopped.

In the case of Storm, when her humanity was stripped, she also had near-infinite power and was reaching for ultimate power. It was in her grasp. However, she brought herself under control rather than continuining down that mad god road of the DP. Both had the potential to grasp ultimate power in their reach. Storm simply refused it while Phoenix was stopped before she reached it.

If Storm were to let go of her blocks and delve into her powers and kept reaching for the higher power levels, she would reach ultimate and unlimited power.

We know in Uncanny 165-166 that Storm can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend it to its will. This includes stars, planets, empty space, etc.

Right now, Storm has the power of a goddess, but she is limited to her flesh and blood body. However, as stated in X-Treme issue 5, she will one day transcend humanity and evolve into a true goddess.

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omegapotentail6vg.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omegapotentail24oe.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omegapotentail31og.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omegapotentail40fa.jpg
http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omegapotentail51qe.jpg

Storm holds herself back especially when working in a planatary atmosphere. When she went "punk", she let go of some her "blocks" and things that were difficult for her when she was "gentle" became much easier owing to her lack of restraint.
http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=undergroundmosoon6lj.jpg
http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=undergroundmosoon6lj.jpg

This is why when she was Rougestorm, she had such a difficult time stopping that storm she created. Colossus has brought her back to her moral core and she was working within those boundaries when she was trying to disperse that storm that she created as Rougestomr. She would not allow herself to ride roughshod over it. She forced herself to gently disperse it. She does this for the sake of the ecosystem. (However, sometimes she just speaks directly to the storm and commands it to disperse and it does instantly. lol)

Thor, on the other hand, does not have to be so cautious as his hammer does all the work and he does not. All he has to do is tap his hammer the prerequisite time or just will the hammer to do it and that little dohickey does it all.

Now, I did not say this, but there are stories where Ororo alters weather on a HUGE scale. For instance, even before she joined the X-Men, she dispersed a hemisphere-sized hurricane in "X-Men: The Hidden Years issue 7." She has altered weather on a continental scale more than once and globally as well.

Storm is reluctant to impose her will on natural hurricanes since that is the natural order of things. She could disperse them, of course, but it could trigger an equally devistating disaster.

I just LOVE shooting you guys down everytime you bring this crap up. big grin

2damnloud
Storm for the a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e PWN!yes

2damnloud
With the gem, Storm would be altering reality, doing Galactic cores on whim, spreading her consciouness out over the vastness of the universe, and all of it's myriad of elemental forces would be hers to command; Cosmic Storms and the like.

Plus, She's smarter and more efficient.

The possibilities would literally be ENDLESS.

Then she has her mother's magical gem and her own innate magical powers which would probably be amped.

Thor doesn't stand a chance in nobody's hell.

iceman24567
Hmm it's the same 2 people wanking Storm off i see Jesus shes more hype than power fanboy biased can only go so far. Iceman has been my favorite character since i was like five you don't see me saying "Oh can would one shot Superman -Prime with his uber ice cicles or freeze the air on a global scale so Prime can't move" You guys are waking her to the extreme. Normal Storm lost to Thor and Thor knows more about receiving and handling powers than storm will ever have Thor with the power gem had in no way the power you guys give to Storm the wanking has to stop here seriously.

Silent Master
Storm's powers are equal to Phoenix.

Going to stop you here, this is the very issue where Storm admits that Thor could have stopped the storm with a mere thought. Also, Storm and Thor have fought, Storm lost.

BTW, both issues were written by CC.

iceman24567
Going to stop you here, this is the very issue where Storm admits that Thor could have stopped the storm with a mere thought. Also, Storm and Thor have fought, Storm lost and shes sucks.

BTW, both issues were written by CC. Fixed but seriously they make her out to be the most powerful being ever if thats the case why didn't she solo the Brother Hood of Evil, The Marauders or even the Phoenix oh i got it! She lacks the power duh. laughing

gogogadgetgo
Going to stop you here, this is the very issue where Storm admits that Thor could have stopped the storm with a mere thought. Also, Storm and Thor have fought, Storm lost.

BTW, both issues were written by CC.

yup, storm admitted that thor could have stoped the storm at will but she had to do it blah blah blah coz she does not have the power to stop it as thor can.

on pannel, storm admits that thor is her supperior. on pannel, she has lost to thor.

so, base on on pannel feats, regular thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>regular storm

thor in warrior madness with power gem lost to thanos
odin>>>>>>>>thanos

thor with odin force >= odin

thor with odin force>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>storm with power gem

2damnloud
Originally posted by iceman24567
HThor with the power gem had in no way the power you guys give to Storm the wanking has to stop here seriously.

Thor's a dumbass that's why.

2damnloud
Storm wins.

Trolt
Storm is NOT a goddess. She's a mutant originally.

gogogadgetgo
Thor's a dumbass that's why.

nuh uh hes not!

storms the dumbass

laughing

iceman24567
Thor's a dumbass that's why. Hmm ok Storm is a stupid hoe thats why she loses.

2damnloud
Storm wins

GalacticStorm, Rutog, and I already pointed out to you why.

Storm wins.

It's as simple as that.

iceman24567
Storm wins

Storm wins.

It's as simple as that. Yup and everybody else posted why she loses whats your point?

Doctor-Alvis
What all is entailed in Warrior Madness?

2damnloud
Him bashing shit with a ****ing hammer.laughing out loud

Let's see how that helps him when Storm drops a few Stars on his domepiece or summons the cosmic galaxy clusters second only to the big bang, or rips his electrons from his body.

Storm pwns him.yes

She's much smarter.

iceman24567
Oh because she does that to people now? You keep saying bulshit and nobody will take you seriously be honest Storms fights speak for themselves i would love to believe that she is this amazing beautiful all mighty queen but she isn't she loses to Thor and a lot of other characters on or even below his level.

gogogadgetgo

Let's see how that helps him when Storm drops a few Stars on his domepiece or summons the cosmic galaxy clusters second only to the big bang, or rips his electrons from his body.

Storm pwns him.yes

She's much smarter.

nuh uh! thor would just use the odin force to will her out of existence.

and yes, storm's smarter than you coz she already admited that thor's more powerful than her "on pannel" i might add.

rolling on floor laughing

gogogadgetgo
Oh because she does that to people now? You keep saying bulshit and nobody will take you seriously be honest Storms fights speak for themselves i would love to believe that she is this amazing beautiful all mighty queen but she isn't she loses to Thor and a lot of other characters on or even below his level.

yup, thor would just pimp slap her ass

2damnloud
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
nuh uh! thor would just use the odin force to will her out of existence.

and yes, storm's smarter than you coz she already admited that thor's more powerful than her "on pannel" i might add.

laughing out loud @ "paNNel

kill yourself.

2damnloud

Storm wins, it's as simple as that.

Think of her feats without the power gem and multiply them times infinity...LITERALLY.

Thor loses.

This may be spite, actually. confused

gogogadgetgo

kill yourself.

Laughs at your inability to read and understand context.

on panel admission by storm that thor is more powerful than her>>>>>>>>>your opinion

on panel proof that thor beats storm once again>>>>>>>>>>>>> your opinion

loser!

laughing

gogogadgetgo
Storm looses, it's as simple as that.

Think of her feats without the power gem and multiply them times .000000005...LITERALLY.

Thor wins.

This may be spite, actually. confused

fixed

stick out tongue

psycho gundam
wow these posts for storm are hilarious

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by psycho gundam
wow these posts for storm are hilarious

stay away! stay away from these storm threads i tell you!

or teh madness will consume you!

SpiderGauntlet
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
fixed

stick out tongue

I laughed really hard at the edit laughing out loud laughing

Juntai

Her with the gem.......Thor might as well be fighting WCP or worst, LT . laughing laughing

Silent Master
Storm wins

Storm wins.

It's as simple as that.

Storm admitting that Thor is >>> her and losing a fight to him are not reasons for her to win.

Lil Buddy

kill yourself. So because Storm loses you, you tell someone to kill themself?

Doctor-Alvis
I'm guessing either Master-Borg intended Storm to have full control over the gem, or doesn't know how it works, by his replies on the first page. In that scenario, anyone with the gem would be able to kill literally anyone with a meaningful physical body simply by punching them because they would have infinite strength.

But if he didn't say she had full control anywhere, that would simply lead to speculation on if she could access the gem and what level it would bring her put her at

ya turkeys!
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/LiberalANDMiserable/l_3c9deaca2494333e9788e5ac96725442.jpg

Storm pwns him.yes

She's much smarter.
Yeah... I was asking people who have read Thor comics. Or just comics in general.

GalacticStorm
If Thor can't use it that way why would Storm be able to?

Thor had succumbed to warrior madness and was hardly in the right frame of mind to rationally or efficiently use the gem.

Silent Master
Nobody that has ever used the gem was boosted enough to take on a high end skyfater.

Storm loses.

123KID
and he was still owning some of the toughest heroes and making Thanos bleed

GalacticStorm
Nobody that has ever used the gem was boosted enough to take on a high end skyfater.

Storm loses.

Read Infinity Gantlet and Infinity War and you'll see where you went wrong with that post.

123KID
QFT

123KID
who used the Power Gem alone to beat someone like Odin or Surtur ?

Estacado
Storm wins

Storm wins.

It's as simple as that.
Fail.

GalacticStorm
who used the Power Gem alone to beat someone like Odin or Surtur ?

The power gem as stated in Thanos Quest is the power source for all of the other gems. It is what boosts the others attributes to universal scale proportions.

The gem would make Storm invulnerable to anything Thor could throw at her, her powers would be boosted to universal proportions. Thor would get smoked. erm

Silent Master
Read Infinity Gantlet and Infinity War and you'll see where you went wrong with that post.

I would suggest that you take your own advice, seeing as it is painfully obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.

123KID
like it did everyone else who used it right ?

sorry we go by feats not hype
Thor wins as he has the feats

Silent Master

Which include beating Storm.

GalacticStorm
I would suggest that you take your own advice, seeing as it is painfully obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.

The power gem as stated is the energy reservoir that makes all of the others universal threats.

Look at the Infinity Watch when they wielded their individual gems, they were nothing impressive. But when you properly use the power gem to either amp up your attributes, or you use it for its energy generation abilities as opposed to how Titania or Drax used it then you become a major player.

The Odinforce gives you global scale power, the power gem potentially makes you a threat on a universal scale.

iceman24567
The power gem as stated is the energy reservoir that makes all of the others universal threats.

Look at the Infinity Watch when they wielded their individual gems, they were nothing impressive. But when you properly use the power gem to either amp up your attributes, or you use it for its energy generation abilities as opposed to how Titania or Drax used it then you become a major player.

The Odinforce gives you global scale power, the power gem potentially makes you a threat on a universal scale. Potentially is the key word buddy i think you assume to much. Most fights on here are hypothetical but going by feats she isn't beating him.

Silent Master
Again, I must adive you to read some actual comics, because nobody that has ever used the power gem has ever been boosted enough to take on a high end skyfather.

123KID
...global-scale ?
you realize Odin's Dark Side was capable of tapping into the abstract Infinity and getting ready to destroy the universe ?
Odin beat him twice
and under his own power he's destroyed galaxies ?
his death was felt by every being on every plane of existence including the LT even (though LT didn't pay it much mind)

edit:
ugh my typing sucks

GalacticStorm

Like who?

Warrior madness Thor has already been explained.

Drax was a dumb brute, Titania no explanation needed and the Champion, well i'll let Thanos explain:

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/914401952.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/914401998.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/914402320.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/914402450.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/914402453.jpg

The others were not energy manipulators, they were either dumb powerhouses as standard or they were rendered so (such as Thor who has succumb to warrior madness)

Storm is an energy manipulator. The gem reacts to even the subconscious will of its wearer. Storm has been through the Infinity Sagas she knows the gem is a power source that can be tapped into.

As standard it would make her invulnerable to all Thor could throw at her, but Storm could also utilise it to amp her abilities to the point where she could incinerat eThor and any planet they're standing on with a single bolt of power.

GalacticStorm
Potentially is the key word buddy i think you assume to much. Most fights on here are hypothetical but going by feats she isn't beating him.

Going by feats the power gem boosted the other gems to make them universal threats.

Do you want to see what the other gems are capable of without the backing of the power gem? Have a read of Infinity Watch.

Silent Master
Again, I must advise you to read some actual comics, because nobody that has ever used the power or any other single gem has ever been boosted enough to take on a high end skyfather.

iceman24567
Going by feats the power gem boosted the other gems to make them universal threats.

Do you want to see what the other gems are capable of without the backing of the power gem? Have a read of Infinity Watch. Once again you are assuming to much. Storm being a universal threat with the gem is pure speculation with a little wanking i highly doubt she could be a challenge for Thor in this fight.

123KID
eh don't worry guys
GS is just sore because I think Thor once beat poor Rachel when she had the Force

GalacticStorm
Again, I must advise you to read some actual comics, because nobody that has ever used the power or any other single gem has ever been boosted enough to take on a high end skyfather.

The power gem is credited as the gem that made the others such a threat. Once again i direct you to the Infinity Watch to see what the other gems are capable of without its backing.

I've shown you that previous wielders of the lone power gem didn't have a clue about its true abilities. THAT is something you need to take into account. You cannot ignore those points, look at those same characters and what they did with the gem and then turn around and tell me how rubbish they were. erm

Storm knows of the gem. Shes been through the sagas. The gem would make her invulnerable to anything Thor could throw at her. Address that point.

The gem could empower her physically to the point where she could blow up a planet with a single punch.

The gem would amp up her mutant abilities to a universal scale. Please acknowledge that.

GalacticStorm
Once again you are assuming to much. Storm being a universal threat with the gem is pure speculation with a little wanking i highly doubt she could be a challenge for Thor in this fight.

Thor would not be able to put a scratch on Storm, whereas if one of Storms attacks made contact with Thor it would kill him outright. A punch could shatter a planet. Imagine how much her energy manipulation powers would be amped.

GalacticStorm
eh don't worry guys
GS is just sore because I think Thor once beat poor Rachel when she had the Force

no Is a little maturity too much to ask?

Silent Master
It seems that I must once again point out that no gem has ever boosted anyone high enough to face a high end skyfather, I will also point out that Storm has never used a gem before.

123KID
in a debate where you're arguing things that have never happened will happen just to let your side win ?
yes

GalacticStorm
It seems that I must once again point out that no gem has ever boosted anyone high enough to face a high end skyfather, I will also point out that Storm has never used a gem before.

And yet the points have been ignored in favour of a repost. erm

You need to acknowledge the fact that the Gem responds to both the subconscious and the conscious.

She merely has to desire to win and she would be suitably amped.

Storm would be rendered impervious to any attack Thor could throw.

She has energy manipulation abilities which would be amped to a universal scale.

The other users were dumb powerhouses or rendered so as was Thors case. Acknowledge that.

GalacticStorm
in a debate where you're arguing things that have never happened will happen just to let your side win ?
yes

This is a hypothetical debate, based on weighing up characters powersets.

None of this is going to happen. erm

Silent Master
I like how you're ignoring how the gems have been shown to work in the comics in favor of how you think they should work.

GalacticStorm
I like how you're ignoring how the gems have been shown to work in the comics in favor of how you think they should work.

Thats exactly what you're doing.

Listen carefully. On panel the power gem is credited for the Infinity Gauntlet being such a major threat. Why? Because it is the energy reservoir that amps the others to a universal level.

Want to see how the gems without backing from the power gem? Check out the Infinity Watch.

Want to see the power gem in action boosting the abilities of others? Check out the Infinity Gauntlet or Infinity Wars.

Its stated taht users such as Drax and the Champion were just dumb powerhouses who didn't have a clue about what the Gem was or what it was capable of. Titania falls into the same category.

Without the gem they just had strength and durability. With it, because of their limited knowledge the gem just gave them more of the same.

Despite that Champions abilities were boosted so that he couldn't be physically destroyed and he was strong enough to destroy planets with a single punch.

Storm knows of the Infinity Gems. She Knows they boost a wearers ability. The name Power Gem speaks for itself.

I have shown you that a user doesn't even have to actively use the gem, that it responds to a users subconscious desires. Storm would just have to want to win and physically her strength and durability would be amped as Champions were. On top of that her mutant abilities would be amped.

All you are doing is sticking to what you have seen Champion, Drax and other similar users use the Power Gem for. That would be fine if their performance with said Gem wasn't explainable, if said performances were even stated on panel to be down to their lack of knowledge about the Gems capabilities and far from the limit of what the gem is capable of.

This is a battle to the death, only thing is Thor can't kill Storm. erm

Silent Master
Right, all I'm doing is going off what has happened in the comics anytime one of the gems has been used, you on the other hand are ignoring everything the comics have actually shown in favor of how you want the gem to work.

GalacticStorm
Right, all I'm doing is going off what has happened in the comics anytime one of the gems has been used, you on the other hand are ignoring everything the comics have actually shown in favor of how you want the gem to work.

All you're doing is taking into account from the comics only that which will allow your favoured character to win in the versus match.

If the gem is said to and shown to be capable of so much more than the likes of Champion and Drax were shown using it for

If their performance with the gem is explained as down to lack of knowledge regarding the gems abilities

If Storm knows of the gem, its nature and has witnessed what it is capable of

If unlike the others who were just dumb brickhouses, she has potent energy manipulation abilities which would receive a major amp

How can you lump her together with the other characters who were completely different from her and then try and measure what her capacity would be by looking at them?

It doesn't work like that mate. no

Silent Master
I fixed it for you.

BTW, I'm basing it on everyone that has ever used any of the gems, that includes people like Adam Warlock. and Adam is >>>>>>> Storm in knowledge regarding how to use the gems.

iceman24567
I like how you're ignoring how the gems have been shown to work in the comics in favor of how you think they should work. Agreed hypothetically speaking Storm should be boosted but not to a universal scale Thor should still have more power at his will than Storm.

GalacticStorm
I fixed it for you.

BTW, I'm basing it on everyone that has ever used any of the gems, that includes people like Adam Warlock. and Adam is >>>>>>> Storm in knowledge regarding how to use the gems.

You're not because you were specifically referring to the other Power Gem users and you said that the power gem on its own could never empower a user beyond skyfather level.

Thats not based on everyone that has ever used the gems. no

If you were basing your argument on everyone who had ever used the gems then you would see that the power gem was sued to amp the others to a universal threat.

Its just a big energy reservoir, how its used is dependent on the user.

However the energy accessible is faaaaaaaaaarr greater than the OdinForce.

If the gem can give Champion(who has no knowledge of the gems abilities and wasn't even consciously tapping it) enough power to shatter a planet with a single punch just because he desires to win, imagine how much it could amp Storms mutant abilitie. Not only would she desire to win but she knows if the gem and how it gives access to unlimited power. She would consciously tap it.

Thor with the Odinforce didn't do anything particularly impressive.

Silent Master
I wonder how many times and ways I will have to say this before you finally are able to understand a very simple comic fact.

No single gem has ever boosted anyone to the level needed to take on a high end skyfather.

GalacticStorm
Agreed hypothetically speaking Storm should be boosted but not to a universal scale Thor should still have more power at his will than Storm.

The gem would give her access to a universal scale power source. The amping abilities of the power gem are far in excess of the OdinForce.

Thor would not be able to destroy Storm physically if she used the gem to amp up her durability. The gem did this for Champion automatically just because he desired to win, a conscious command was not necessary.

The only way Thor could win is BFR. He could not physically destroy Storm or outpower her.

iceman24567
I wonder how many times and ways I will have to say this before you finally are able to understand a very simple comic fact.

No single gem has ever boosted anyone to the level needed to take on a high end skyfather. Does it look like he cares? I know what you mean no way is she getting near Thor on a power scale even with the gem amp.

Silent Master
Too bad the power gem has never boosted anyone to the level needed to beat a high end skyfather.

GalacticStorm

No single gem has ever boosted anyone to the level needed to take on a high end skyfather.

What you don't seem to understand is that it was the power gem alone that boosted the others to universal scale.

People like Drax and Champion weren't boosted like that because of their limited knowledge. Champion didn't know the gem had any power, he thought it was a trinket and yet just because of his desire to win the gem made him impervious and gave him the power to shatter planets.

Drax when he had the gem was a dumb powerhouse.

Storms knows of the gems abilities and has witnessed them. She isn't a dumb powerhouse she is a potent energy wielder herself. With the Gem reacting to her desire to win making her impervious to anything Thor could throw at her and with her consciously drawing on the gem she would be physically unbeatable for Thor.

Please try and tell me the OdinForce can destroy someone made impervious by the power gem. erm

Master-Borg
Too bad the power gem has never boosted anyone to the level needed to beat a high end skyfather. it boosted Thanos to more than skyfather

Silent Master
it boosted Thanos to more than skyfather

When did the power gem(and just the power gem) ever boost Thanos to above skyfather?

GalacticStorm
it boosted Thanos to more than skyfather

They want Thor to win, they've already had the argument in their heads and decided he's the victor. No matter what anyone says, they can't get around the idea of Storm beating Thor. erm

Silent Master
What you don't seem to understand

Stopping you right here, come back when you want to talk about how the gem actually works in the comics and not how you want it to work.

GalacticStorm
When did the power gem(and just the power gem) ever boost Thanos to above skyfather?

When he used it to boost the other gems to make him a universal conqueror.

Without the power gem Thanos would not have been able to do what he did in Infinity Gauntlet.

Anyone who knows of the power gems true abilities and commands it to empower them, will be physically virtually unbeatable by anything less than a universal power.

They could be mentally beaten, teleported away, but they cannot be physically beaten or outpowered.

In the cosmic scheme of things Odin probably wouldn't even make the top 20. The power Gem amped the others to make Thanos and Adam threats to the entire universe.

GalacticStorm
Stopping you right here, come back when you want to talk about how the gem actually works in the comics and not how you want it to work.

In the comics as stated on panel the gem is an energy reservoir that backs a wearer with unlimited power.

You are ignoring explanations for peoples performances with it and then using said performances to dictate how all characters would perform with the power gem. That is illogical and far from objective. erm

But whatever, i've said all i need to say on the matter, Storm FTW smile

Silent Master
When he used it to boost the other gems to make him a universal conqueror.

That wasn't the question, I'll repost it since you seem to be having such a hard time understanding.

When has just the power gem boosted anyone to the level needed to take on a high end skyfather?

Silent Master
In the comics

Again, stopping you right here.

In the comics, no single gem has ever boosted anyone to the level needed to take on a high end skyfather.

Badabing

kill yourself. 2damn, you've had numerous warnings from different mods to stop with your flaming, trolling and baiting. There is no excuse for this post of yours. Consider yourself warned. Please stay within the rules. Thanks.

llagrok
What has Thanos ever done with the power gem alone?

And what makes people think Storm would be able to put it to better use than someone who has gazed into the ****ING INFINITY WELL? Comparing Storm's intellect to Thanos' is like comparing a cockroach to a super computer.

Thor displaces her in time.

Larceny
I expected more of GS.

2damnloud
The power gem as stated in Thanos Quest is the power source for all of the other gems. It is what boosts the others attributes to universal scale proportions.

The gem would make Storm invulnerable to anything Thor could throw at her, her powers would be boosted to universal proportions. Thor would get smoked. erm

yes

Silent Master
yes

You do know his view of what the gem would do isn't backed up by any comic, right?

2damnloud
You're just not giving Storm any credit.

Think of what she is capable of, and then multiply it by infinity.

What can Thor do???

Nothing.

Estacado
You're just not giving Storm any credit.

Think of what she is capable of, and then multiply it by infinity.

What can Thor do???

Nothing.
I bet Storm could one shot the Destroyer....

2damnloud
I think this comes down to not giving Storm credit for what she can actually do, even with the gem.

She's highly intelligent and a high end energy manipulator.

Do you not know how much energy is in the Universe??

Do you not know that Storm has, not only a mutant but a spiritual connection to life??

Do you not know that just by being angry she lost control and boosted herself to nigh-infinite levels(Uncanny 147)?

Now throw infinite steroids on all that.

What can Thor do?

It has always been said that she is limited by her physical body. The gem would take care of that.

There's no way Thor could win this.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>